Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Unwravelled Prophecy

An Ending And New Beginnings

by story_master 2 reviews

Summary: Having read the letters to themselves from the future the heroes have a new outlook on life and newly found respect for each other. These letters from the unpleasant future also uncover so...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-01-06 - Updated: 2007-01-07 - 2275 words

0Unrated
Tory: Hey there! As promised here is the final chapter, updated much sooner. I'm sad that this is over but I've received some reviews asking for a sequel. I'm not sure if I'll write one though. I most likely will, but it'll take a while. I've got like 8 other stories that I want to write. But I will try. So here's the last one. Thanks you to all those who've read and/or reviewed this story. You all rock! Thanks for the support! Now on with the final chapter...

Disclaimer: Don't own, most likely never will. I just own my stories and any OC's that I make up along the way.:P

----------------------------------------------------------------

Jay had gone into his room and shut the door. He sat on his bed, cross-legged, with the letter on his bed before him. He stared at it for a moment wondering if he should open or not. But finally his curiosity won him over and he opened the letter. It read:

Dear me of the past,
I really never thought that I'd see the day when Cronus won. But it happened. Then you -we- left. That just made things much worse. If only you knew... After Theresa disappeared I know that things were crazy, and then Cronus attacked. After you -we- left, we still searched for her. We looked everywhere. After a few years we went back. But things had changed so much. The gods and goddesses had moved and Cronus had made New Olympia his new home. Everything seemed lost, especially when we found out that our friends had gone into hiding to prevent being executed. I found out that after you left they all thought that Theresa had killed us. Cronus had made some sort of copy of her and used her to fight the others. Then Theresa appeared in this future and she tried to set things straight. But none of the others would help her. Archie had turned them all against her, thinking that she committed the crimes Cronus told them she did. Then we found her and everything worked out. Herry agreed to help us, he never thought that Theresa would turn on us, and he got the others to see the truth. They arrived and helped kick Cronus butt, of course he ran away like the coward he is so we never caught him. Then we sent Theresa back, we sent her to just before you -we- disappeared for a long time. At the park where she disappeared... that reminds me- don't forget to give her back that necklace... it means a lot to her. I know that you won't live through any of this but you need to know that this is what happened when you questioned yourself as a leader. You're a great leader... you won't turn into me but you'll grow to be someone great. And along the way try and have some fun... life is short. Now go talk to Theresa. Tell her how you feel. I saw it in her eyes that she's in love with you. I'm guessing that she's on the roof looking out onto the city- that's always where she went to think. Go now! She'll be waiting to talk to you. And never doubt yourself again... it'll only lead to trouble. Never lose faith in yourself, your team or your decisions. That's really all the advice I can give to you seeing as how you're me and I'm you. Well I guess this is goodbye. Take care.
From yourself.

Jay couldn't believe everything that had happened after he left.

" I guess it wasn't for the better of the team..." he said aloud.

Then he folded it up and put it in a shoe box that held everything that was close to his heart in. He pulled out Theresa's necklace and put it in his pocket. He put the shoe box back in the top of his closet and headed up to the roof.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

" Well... we've become the best of friends right? And no one knows us like you and me do. And I really like you and care about you. And I don't want this to ruin our friendship because it means a lot to me... you mean a lot to me..." Archie paused for a minute, feeling the heat rising in his cheeks.

" Arch, what exactly are you saying?" Atlanta asked with a comforting, and knowing smile.

" What am I saying? Uhh... well... I'm saying that," he took a deep breath and closed his eyes., " I'm saying that I... love you Atlanta."

There was a silence after that. Archie still had his eyes closed and didn't see Atlanta walk up to him. She stood on her tip toes and whispered into Archie's ear:

" I love you too."

Archie opened his eyes and looked down at his red haired beauty. Then they leaned towards each other and shared there first real kiss. When they pulled away both were blushing.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just as his future self predicted Theresa was there sitting on the ledge looking out at the city. Jay smiled and walked over to her but stopped when he noticed her letter on the table, unopened.

" Why haven't you opened your letter yet?" he asked as he sat beside her.

" Hmmm? Oh, I was just thinking." she replied, he had startled her.

" Here. I believe this is yours." he said as he pulled out her necklace and handed it to her.

" My necklace! Where did you find it?" she said as she hugged him.

" In the field where you disappeared." Jay replied, hugging her back.

They pulled out of the hug and looked out at the city. The sun was just falling behind the buildings and it cast a lovely orange glow into the sky.

" Theresa. There's uhhh.. something that I want to tell you..." Jay said a bit hesitantly.

She turned to face him, showing him that she was ready to hear what he had to say.

" Ever since I... when we first.... when you... uhhh." he looked away for a moment and took a deep breath.

Theresa giggled a little and smiled, she loved it when he got all flustered and nervous. Jay turned around and looked at Theresa, she looked so nice in the light of the setting sun. For a minute he was lost in her beautiful emerald eyes, but then she brought him back to reality.

" Jay?" she asked with a smile.

" Oh. Uhhh... what I mean to say was that I... no.... that when we.... no... when-" but she cut him off with a kiss.

It was a long, passionate kiss. Then Theresa pulled away and looked at him.

" Me too." she said with a smile.

Jay just gave her a confused look, his eyes asking his question for him.

" I'm psychic, remember." she said turning her attention back to the city.

Jay just smiled and looked out at the city too. The sun had set and Herry had looked out through the door.

" Hey guys. Hera wants to see us." he said before disappearing again.

" You coming?" Jay asked as he reached the door and realized that Theresa was still on the ledge of the roof.

" I'll catch up with you guys." she said as she walked over to the table, keeping her eyes on the letter.

" Okay." Jay said before disappearing into the house.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Atlanta opened her mouth to say something but she was cut off.

" Hera wants to see us guys. Let's move." it was Herry, he was coming down from the roof.

" Okay." they replied, a little disappointed that Herry ruined the moment.

Atlanta walked past Archie but stopped at her door.

" Are you coming?" she asked with a small laugh at the expression on his face.

" Uhh, yeah. I just have to do something first." he replied, thinking about his letter.

" Okay. See you down there." Atlanta said before headed down the stairs.

Archie headed in the opposite direction, towards the roof. He past Jay on the way but didn't say anything. He opened the door to the roof and found Theresa sitting at the table playing with the letter.

" Everyone's downstairs waiting." he said with a smile.

" Hmm. Oh okay." she said as she got up.

" Theresa, listen... I'm sorry for what I said. If I hadn't said those things then none of this would've happened." Archie said, making Theresa stop in her tracks.

" Thanks Arch. That means a lot." Theresa smiled at him.

But there was something off about her smile. She didn't seem happy. Archie walked over to her and took a seat in one of the lawn chairs.

" You wanna talk about it?" he asked sincerely.

" What?" she asked not quite understanding what he meant.

" I'm not sure, but I do know that there's something that's still bothering you." he replied.

" No. That's okay Arch. I don't really want to talk about it. But, thanks." she said.

" No problem." he said as he headed for the door.

" Hey Archie. I'm sorry too... you know for everything." she said just as he was reaching for the handle.

He smiled at her and disappeared into the house. Theresa looked down at her letter and sighed. Then she picked it up and sat on the edge of the roof. She slowly opened the envelope and placed it on the ground beside her. Then she read it:

Dear Theresa,
This is Atlanta. Knowing you, you probably are reading your letter last. So Jay has probably already told you how he feels and Archie has probably already apologized. I just want to say that I'm sorry for ever doubting you. I've always known that it's a bad idea to listen to Archie but this just seemed to fit so well with what he said. You're my best friend. I can't wait to find out what crazy thing we'll conquer next. But thanks for coming here and saving this future. We appreciate it. Bye.
This is Archie. Sorry for everything I said back there. I didn't mean it. I was just angry and you've always been there for me to fight with. But that's no reason for what I said. I hope that you'll forgive me. And thanks again for saving our butts here in the future. We couldn't have done it without you. Bye.
Odie here. I'm sorry for calling you a traitor and saying that you worked with Cronus. But all that time believing one thing and then you show up and.. it just changed everything. I'm sorry. But like those two said, thanks for saving us. Without you we'd still be living under the rule of Cronus. See ya.
It's Neil. Sorry for not trusting you and running away when you asked for help. But I mean, I thought that you were going to kill me! I'm glad you didn't though. And thanks for saving us all. All though I did come in and save you and the others with my mirror, we couldn't have done it without you. Thanks. Bye.
Hey, this is Herry. I'm glad that I could help you guys out. I never thought that you killed Jay or turned against us. But it's hard to convince those other guys of anything. Thanks for saving us and helping us kick Cronus' butt. We just couldn't do it without you. Bye.
Jay here. When you disappeared that day I was lost. I went searching for you but it only made matters worse. And after finding you it just... made everything clear again. Thanks for that. And thanks for helping us kick Cronus' butt. It was hard at first wasn't it? But then the others came and it was just like back there. Thank you so much. You're an amazing person. I'll see you in the past. Bye.
From Atlanta, Archie, Odie, Neil, Herry, and Jay. You're friends, teammates and family.

Theresa wiped away a tear that was rolling down her cheek. She heard the door click open and looked over to see Jay standing there.

" Theresa, you coming? Hera's waiting." he said with a smile.

" Yeah. I'm coming." she said returning the smile.

She threw the envelope on her bed as they passed by her room and then drove to the school. Hera had informed them that Cronus had been spotted and he was causing destruction. So the heroes were sent off to stop him. Then they returned to the brownstone and turned in.

The next morning Theresa awoke and searched her entire room for her letter. But she couldn't find it. 'Maybe it was just a dream.' she thought as she headed down to the kitchen.

But she stopped short when she noticed that Archie and Atlanta were close, very close. And then Jay came up and kissed her.

" Or not." she said with a smile.

" What?" Jay asked, not quite catching what she had said.

" Nothing." Theresa smiled as the two joined their friends for breakfast.

----------------------------------------------------------------

THE END...?

A/N: Okay there you have it! C'est fini! It's finished! I hope that you've all enjoyed reading it as much as I've enjoyed writing it. I really want to thank all of my readers and reviewers. You all rock! I love you! ( In a non-wrong way...lol) I have come up with an idea for a sequel so keep an eye out for that. I will be starting the sequel to 'The Darkness Within' soon. So also keep an eye out for that. I guess that that's all to say except for THANK YOU EVERYONE! Send a review my way to let me know what you think. Cheers! :D
~Tory
Sign up to rate and review this story