Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Murder Was The Case They Gave Me

A Taste For Revenge

by XxTragic_Poet 0 reviews

A tale of weddings, betrayal, murder, and revenge. He never really liked the comparison of knots with marriage. It always made him picture someone tying a noose and hanging themselves. Marriage is ...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-01-06 - Updated: 2007-01-07 - 1210 words

0Unrated
Scarlett couldn't stand wearing dresses. Almost as much as she couldn't stand to wear heels. She glanced down at the pale lavender fabric of her $50 dress. She kept the tags tucked underneath, determined to return it the next day. She simply asked for the cheapest and most decent lavender dress at the mall, but it was still too expensive for her. She hated how she looked in it, but she would wear anything for Annie.

Annie was older than her by less than two years. They were complete opposites, but that never kept them apart. Annie took ballet lessons, while Scarlett took karate. Annie was the head cheerleader, and Scarlett was the only girl on the football team. Annie was nice and quiet, while Scarlett was stubborn and loud. They had different friends, different boyfriends, and different problems. But that never stood in the way of the sisterly bond. Annie dumped one of her boyfriends because he said he had a problem with Scarlett. Scarlett beat up a girl who kept bothering Annie. They were closer than most sisters. They never understood the concept of sibling rivalry.

They didn't even look like sisters. Annie was thin and a petite 5'2. She was pale with equally pale blonde hair and blue eyes. Her face was soft, with not a single pimple or scratch on it. With just her looks alone, Annie looked innocent and pure. Scarlett was a tall 5'7, and she had visible muscles on her arms without flexing. She was tan with the most fiery red hair that she was always too lazy to tame. She had an almost invisible scar on her cheek from a skateboarding accident, and she had the darkest brown eyes. From her looks, Scarlett was intimidating. She definitely wasn't one to mess with.

"Scarlett, are you ready?"

Scarlett looked up to see Bob, their only cousin. They had a small family, with just one aunt on their mother's side and their father being an only child.

"I got to get out of this dress, Bobby," Scarlett sighed. She was the only one who called him by Bobby, a childhood habit that she could never seem to quit.

"Suck it up, sissy," Bob teased. "Or should I say 'suck it in?'" He playfully poked her belly.

"Shut up," she laughed as she hit his shoulder.

He was the older brother she never had. She remembered always playing football with him in their backyard. It was a highlight in her life when she finally beat him one day.

"Come on, you little brat. Lets go watch your sister get married," Bob said, messing up her hair.

"Mom's gonna kill me when she sees this. She actually hired a hairstylist just for me," Scarlett muttered.

"But this is the Scarlett I know," Bob replied. "With messy hair and a big mouth."

"You know what? I'll take that as a compliment," Scarlett said with a grin.

They glanced toward the seats on the bride's side of the church. The groom's side was overflowing with family. Some of his friends actually had to sit on their side since they had some extra room. Annie was surely marrying into the large family she'd always wanted.

Scarlett liked Frank. He was a good guy, although he was intimidated by her in the beginning. Especially since she towered over him by three inches. Without his shoes he was 5'4, but he would insist he was 5'6. She already considered Frank part of the family even before the wedding.
He was always around, whether he was chatting with their father or helping their mother around the house. He was crazy about Annie, and vice versa. They dated for two years before he popped the question. Everyone in the family thought it was about time he asked. They knew he was a keeper. Even though Bob constantly "tested" him out by threatening to strangle him if he hurt Annie in any way, and Bob was a big, strong guy. Frank would just laugh nervously as if he wasn't sure whether Bob was joking or serious.

Soon enough, the organ player began with the first notes of "Here Comes The Bride." Scarlett took her place with the other bride's maids. She, of course, was the Maid of Honor, but with her dress she just looked like one of the guests. She couldn't wait to complain to Annie about the lavender theme. Bob was on the other side; he was the Best Man. Frank didn't have any brothers, and he got along well with Bob despite his countless death threats.

Frank entered the church, wearing his tuxedo proudly. He kept it so spotless that the black material shone from the light of the chandeliers. His hair was slicked back, emphasizing his Italian heritage. He had a wide smile stuck on his face. Scarlett couldn't help but to smirk, Frank had the most contagious smile. All that was left now was for the bride to arrive.

*

Scarlett sat on the sidewalk next to an unknown alley. She didn't know where she was, and she didn't care. She must've looked like some fucked up drunk with her torn dress, unruly hair, and mascara running towards her chin. She lost her heels on the way, but she continued to run barefoot. Her feet were sore, but that was the least of her concerns.

Someone was out there. Someone who wanted to hurt and torment the most innocent people. Someone who took pleasure in ruining other people's lives. Someone who had gained Scarlett's undying hatred.

Annie was gone, and she couldn't bring her back. It was a scene that would scar her for life. The walls were splattered with red. Annie's red. There wasn't a single white spot on her gown. It looked almost as if she intended to have a red wedding dress. They said she was stabbed 13 times, but that's all Scarlett could bare to listen to. She couldn't believe that it was Annie lying there on the bed. A circle of blood around her body, her empty eyes transfixed on the ceiling. Her blonde hair as red as her own.

Nothing in the room was disturbed except for a chair that had fallen sideways, the wrinkled bed sheets, and the open window. Nothing was stolen. It was apparent that the killer was after only one thing-her sister's life.

"Scarlett!" she heard Bob call out. How did he always know where to find her?

He ran faster until she was within his sight.

"Scarlett...," he said softly as he sat next to her.

There was a moment of silence between them. Scarlett could hear Bob's quiet sobs.

"Annie's gone, Scarlett," he whispered, hoping she would prove him wrong.

"I know," Scarlett said through gritted teeth.

"Who would do this?"

"I don't know, but I'm gonna find out. Even if I have to hunt all over the world for that bastard," Scarlett said, her words as deadly as poison. She was tired of crying, and her anger was slowly taking place of her sorrow. She was going to find whoever was responsible for Annie's murder, and she was going to make him beg her to kill him. If it was the last thing she ever did, she was going to have her revenge.
Sign up to rate and review this story