Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Could Be Taking You There With Me

Home

by moocow 12 reviews

Yes.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2007-01-07 - Updated: 2007-01-07 - 1600 words

2Moving
Hemingway nudged at my side as I slept on my stomach, my arms curled under the pillow above me. I groaned and rolled over, resting my hands loosely on my chest. Slowly opening my left eye, I looked at the dog, his big eyes boring into mine as he sat on my bed. In front of him lay a t-shirt. The old Arma one Ev always borrowed no matter what.

"It makes me feel young, 18 again,"

I smiled to myself as I remembered.

"Oh Hem," I mumbled, slightly sitting up and leaning against the head board. "You too?"

Hem whined for a moment before falling into a pathetic pose, his head buried into his front paws. I pet his head briefly before looking over at my desk, the millions of sheets of papers cluttering it.

"Peter?" My mom called for me from downstairs. "Andy's coming up!" I knitted my eyebrows together.

Andy?

Now this was odd.

My door opened and I moved my legs to sit Indian style under my sheets, Heming way moving to sit halfway in my lap.

"Dude, why can't you keep this room remotely clean?" I laughed as Andy stepped over a pile of clothing.

"There's no one to keep it clean for except me," I mumbled nervously. Andy sat at the edge of my bed.

"Pete, it's been a week," I bit my lip.

"Yea," I shifted slightly and sighed. "I know," Andy laughed.

"You know, Patrick feels even worse because he had to take her," I nervously laughed.

"I would assume," Andy patted Hemingway.

"She talked to us," he cleared his throat. "More to me but," I raised an eyebrow.

"What?" I asked. Andy frowned.

"Evie isn't Evie anymore," he mumbled. "She's changed so much since I first met her," I pursed my lips.

"Haven't you?" I asked. Andy shrugged.

"Yea, but...this girl is so young, she..." I cut him off.

"She doesn't deserve it, right?" Andy skewed his mouth to one side.

"I guess," He sighed deeply. "It's just..." I shifted again.

"What?" I asked again. Andy shrugged slightly.

"I'm going to miss her being around," I skewed my mouth to one side.

"So will I," He reached over and scratched behind Hemmingway's ears, smiling lightly at his tongue sticking out before returning his gaze to me.

"But I think it's all for the best." I sighed.

It was always for the best, but why didn't it ever feel like it was best? Why couldn't he just tell me how it really was going to be, shitty and hard, two things I equally loved to hate, but came in contact with a lot.

"For the best..." I ran my hand through my hair, "Where have I heard that before?" Andy leaned over and gripped my shoulder in a fatherly like way and slightly shook me.

"You're doing the right thing."

I nodded, despite the fact that the wrong thing sounded right, and the right sounded wrong. Suddenly my phone vibrated frantically from the bedside table and almost off it to the floor. I snatched it and stared at the number across the screen. I furrowed my eyebrows at the unfamiliar number but answered anyways.

"Uh...hello?"

"Pete?" a man said on the other line.

"Yeah, who's asking?" The voice sounded familiar but I couldn't put a finger on who it belonged to.

"Bobby."

I halfway choked-laughed in disbelieve. The asshole was calling me? But even more importantly, why was he calling me?

"Why are you calling me?" I said rather rudely. Andy watched me intently now, rubbing Hemmingway's head.

"You seriously need to take your attitude and drown it," he shot back.

I rolled my eyes.

If anyone had an attitude, it was him, and I was just returning what was being dished to me.

"Dude, why are you calling me, for serious?" Andy questioned me with his eyes, but I just shrugged.

"Evie is in the hospital." I felt my heart stop for at least two seconds. I had to reregister what he had said a few times before I cracked a "What?" in return.

"She's going to give birth Pete! And if you're not down here within the next few hours, you're going to miss it."

I didn't even listen to what else he had to say. I hung up and jumped out of bed, forgetting I was only in boxers and Andy was still in the room, and started to look for pants in the jumbled mess of clothes.

"What's going on Pete?" Andy asked as I pulled some wrinkled pants on.

"Evie is in labor!" I halfway yelled, opening my drawer where I kept all my spare cash and shoved it into my back pocket.

"What?! But isn't she only seven months?" I stopped for a second.

New worries flooded my mind.

I had to get down there pronto.

"I've got to go," I grabbed the car keys from the top of my drawer and opened the door. "Tell everyone I've gone down to Arizona." I was already half way down the stairs when I heard Andy yell after me from upstairs.

"We'll be there Pete."

----------

I blinked hard.

Jetlag.

It kills.

I couldn't recognize anybody.

As soon as I stepped into the Maternity Ward, it felt like I was under a giant microscope. I shifted my eyes around until I noticed a rather stressed out Bobby standing awkwardly next to a soda machine. As I approached him, I stuffed my hands in my hoodie pockets.

"Hey," I didn't realize how scratchy my voice was. He yawned deeply as he observed me.

"Took you long enough," I frowned.

"I took the first flight out here, no luggage either," Bobby rolled his eyes before sighing and lowering his eyes.

"I'm assuming you want to see her," he mumbled. I creased my eyebrows together.

"Well, obviously," I whispered. Bobby took a deep breath before pushing himself off the wall he was leaning on and walking towards a dimly lit hall.

"I'm going out for coffee, it's the last one on the right," I frowned as he turned and walked away.

I found my breath leaving again as my hand curled around the knob. It was dark in the room, except a small light lit near the bathroom in the corner. I skewed my mouth to one side, slowly stepping over to where Evie was on her side, knees up and her arms curled under the pillow.

Her breathing was shallow with sleep and I felt my eyes glazing over with this unknown fear as I sat down awkwardly next to the bed. My hand brushed against her cheek and she smiled lightly, her head moving to rest into it.

"Andy's nickname, but still," I paused. "Moomoo," I bit my lip nervously as she stirred, her lips stretching into a yawn before she fluttered her eyes open and stared wide eyed at me.

"What in the hell are you wearing?" I blinked before looking down and finding that my red hoodie completely clashed with a lime green shirt.

"Uhh," my cheeks flared. She nervously laughed.

"Pete," she whispered.

My hands were busy with trying to zip up my hoodie. Her fingers curled around my right wrist before she brought it to her and lightly snuggled into it.

"I know this sound stupid but," Evie had already cut me off.

"Emergency C-section," It didn't hit me until a moment later when Evie slightly struggled to sit up, my arms moving to help her.

At least they let her wear a regular t-shirt.

She lightly lifted up to reveal a few scars. I winced before moving my arms around her waist.

"Well..." I gulped.

Evie cocked her head to one side.

"He's in the over-night care," she whispered. I looked away and took a deep breath. "Peter," I blinked hard.

"Can we go see him?" my voice was low and scratchy. Her hands curled around my own before she lifted me out of the chair.

"You have to help me walk," she whispered.

I nodded and helped her place some pajamas on her bare legs before wrapping her up in a blanket. Her arms snaked around my torso and I let her lead the way down a different hall until a nurse put on a solemn look.

"Hey Ev, how you doing?"

Evie smiled at the nurse lightly before looking over towards a small bed where a sun-kissed and lightly pink faced baby lye on its stomach, asleep. Tears had already started to trickle down Evie's face before she moved her hand to his too small face and pushed the light tuff of hair away.

I hid my face away from all this in her hair, kissing her temple. This was getting to intense for me. And I didn't like this at all, just knowing that this.../family/ would be broken.

"Pete," I closed my eyes tightly before sighing and looking down at Evie.

"Yea?" I asked. She frowned lightly.

"I'm assuming your thinking on how we're supposed to do this right?" she asked, her voice threatening to fade into nothing. I pursed my lips before lowering my eyes.

"I don't know," I mumbled. Her hand met my cheek and she kissed me.

I'm not lying.

"Whatever is takes," she whispered. I nodded and smiled faintly, looking back down at little baby...Wentz.

I kissed her and she smiled to herself, leaning down to kiss the little wonder.

"I love you," she whispered to him. She glanced up at me. "We love you,"

This would be the best I would ever feel.

Ever.
Sign up to rate and review this story