Categories > Cartoons > He-Man > Preludes and Beginnings - Book Two: Love

On the Horizon

by thew40 0 reviews

While the Sorceress and Duncan deal with their new relationship, darkness lingers on the horizon . . .

Category: He-Man - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Romance, Sci-fi - Published: 2007-01-08 - Updated: 2007-01-08 - 1318 words

0Unrated
Chapter Six
"On the Horizon"

"Duncan, there was another reason I asked you to come here."
She blushed a little and Duncan cocked his head to the side. "What is it?" he wondered, heart pounding. What was she going to say? Nervousness mixed with anxiety and lust. She wet her lips and began to open her mouth.
And when she spoke . . .
"Duncan, I've fallen in love with you."
. . . a noise like a thousand heart beats filled his mind. Lightning flashed outside as if in celebration of those words.
Commander Duncan, son of Stephan, said nothing at first. And then . . . he spoke.
"I love you, too. I love you so much. I've loved you since the first time I saw you. When I rescued you."
"I've been watching you ever since. Not all the time, but from afar, I've gazed upon you. Every moment, every time I saw you, my heart cried out to you, Duncan. I love you!"
He stood up. "I couldn't wait for our next meeting. I could never get you out of my head. For the past two years, you've been with me. No other woman could change my mind."
She stood up as well. Duncan swept her into his arms, his hands pressed firmly against her feathery outfit. Her face lifted up and the two kissed. The kiss was passionate and deep. A beautiful and bountiful thing that would forever remain in their memories as the first real kiss of their relationship.
After they broke, they paused and held the other tenderly. Then, there was a second kiss, then a third, and after the fourth, they were sitting on a loveseat on the other side of the room. A fifth kiss . . . a sixth . . .and then they stopped counting. Passion grew within them, like a beautiful yet terrible inferno that begged to be released.
Duncan slowly and sexually moved away from her mouth and began to kiss at her jaw and neck.
"Duncan," moaned the Sorceress both hotly, but reluctantly. She pulled away quite harshly (harsher than she wanted to). "Duncan, no. I'm sorry."
Duncan, his body wanting hers so very badly, but his mind completely open and respectful, halted. "What is it? What's wrong?"
"Nothing is wrong. It is just . . . we must speak."
Duncan nodded and leaned back. The Sorceress straightened her skirt. "The things I told you, I told you because I loved you and I knew I could respect and trust you. All that was exchanged today must remain in the greatest of confidence. They must not be told to anyone. Do you swear this?"
"I swear," he replied with a serious face. It was a face she knew she could trust.
"And this is the most important thing, my love," the Sorceress told him then. "For this could spell the doom of Eternia if it was learned."
He drew a bit closer. "Go ahead."
"On the fifth of April, the Spirit of Grayskull leaves the castle for one full year. During that year, I am released from my sacred bounds that keep me here. I have minimal power during the course of that year, and can shed myself of this garb. I will be as normal as you and your friends and family. Do you understand?"
"I do," he said, excitement growing.
"Good. It is upon this day, on this fifth day of the fourth month of this twentieth year, that I shall be yours to love as you will. But until then, I must remain . . . as I have."
"On the April fifth, I will be here to love you if you will have me."
"And I will, dear Duncan, I will."
So, the two sat and they talked as young lovers do. Of things past and of things scantly of the future (not too much, for there is always worry of spoiling the future). The things that young lovers talk about. Such a wonderful day this shall be for the pair - for what they have felt this day shall forever remembered.

*

Though it traveled far slower than Marlena's spacecraft, the nuclear reactor still drifted through the wormhole, being taken by cosmic momentum. It tumbled continuously through the wormhole, and would have been eventually taken to Eternia - if not for its terrible fate. A group of photons penetrated the reactor.
The explosion rippled throughout the wormhole, sending heavy amounts of radiation that would soon by filtered out by the time/space vortex. Neither Earth nor Eternia would detect such radiation. However, the sudden explosion would cause a spike in radiation, which would then produce a ripple. Neither Eternian nor Earth sensors would be able to record it - but the sensors of another alien civilization, perhaps . . .
"Secondary Inspector Darkney!" yelled out one of the lieutenants from his station.
Darkney spun and turned to the operator. "What is it?"
"The sensor array has detected the origin of the radiation spike. Sir, it's . . . it seems to be . . ."
"What?" demanded Darkney. "What is it, boy?"
"It's coming from a wormhole. The center of a time/space vortex."
Secondary Inspector Darkney looked down at the coordinates. While one end of the wormhole could not be identified, the other end could.
"Contact Horde World - at once!"

*

"It's a wormhole, sir," reported Darkney. Above him was a huge form hidden in fog and flashing energy. Horde Prime, the black heart of the Horde Empire. A claw, gigantic and robotic, waved before Darkney.
"Tell me where it is," Horde Prime commanded.
"The one end is far across the known universe, beyond our sensor capabilities. However, the second is a world we are quite familiar with."
Secondary Inspector Darkney pressed a button on the computer in his hands. A series of coordinates appeared, followed by a hologram of Eternia. Behind the fog and energy, Horde Prime's green eyes flared open.
"Eternia."
"Indeed, sir."
Horde Prime went silent. Thoughts turned his evil mind, whirring and clicking like a machine. Plans built, fell, and were rebuilt. Ideas formed and then reformed. Conclusions arrived, fled.
"Wormholes are rare."
"Yes, master."
"And we found a stable wormhole."
"Yes, master."
"And stable wormholes are quite rare, and can be studied, and hopefully - duplicated." Horde Prime's voice was horrible, sounding like granite running across marble.
"Yes, master."
"But to gain access, we would need to conquer Eternia," Horde Prime concluded.
"Indeed, master. The last invasion failed fifty years ago. Hordak's invasion fell apart 1,000 years ago."
Horde Prime paused once more in heavy thought, then spoke again. "Is it worth it?"
Secondary Inspector Darkney's fingers ran across his computer pad, calculating numbers, forming scenarios, and comparing and contrasting. In the end, he turned to his master.
"It is. We would need a massive military force and a headquarters on the so-called Dark Hemisphere. Also, it may be a good idea to place in command someone with heavy experience on Eternia. With Morgoth banished to another dimension, the answer seems obvious."
Horde Prime snarled. "Hordak. My pitiful brother."
Secondary Inspector Darkney went to work once more, eyes quickly flying over the results on his small screen. "Eternia is hard to conquer, my master. The world is divided with a Dark and Light Hemisphere. The power of Good is strong, however . . . if Hordak is able to rile and command the forces of Evil from the Dark Hemisphere, there will be a chance it break the armies of Good. Hordak has experience, despite his failure. He has also had a lot of success since then, conquering nearly fifty worlds and only losing three."
Horde Prime paused once more, thinking long and hard on his young brother, considering all of the Darkney's words and stats.
He spoke then, loud like thunder, in simple declaration of a war that would thousands of light-years away and, like all wars, contain tragedy and death. "Eternia must be taken. Because we failed before. Because of the wormhole. Because . . . I want it. Horde Prime . . . demands it."
Sign up to rate and review this story