Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Beyond all Things

Forgotten War

by hopper12594 0 reviews

"No, no. I'm not saying that. I just haven't a chance to see you, you know, calm? Because when we're together, we're always warring."

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Sakura, Sasuke - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-01-13 - Updated: 2007-01-14 - 1678 words

0Unrated
Beyond all Things
hopper12594

PLOT: Sakura and Sasuke are childhood friends. But then, destiny decided to separate
them. And after 10 years, fate conspired to meet them. Will things still be the same between them as when they're young?

A tale of betrayal and trust, of deception and loyalty. Not all love stories have happy endings. Because in this world where everything is hiding in the darkness, love is the only light. If you can find it.

DEDICATION:
CHAPTER: To my friends
STORY: To angel-puppeteer

Disclaimer applied.

CHAPTER 3: Forgotten War

For someone who's having weird disturbing dreams, it's weirder that one's not even bothering about it. Not even a little bit. Oh my God! Did she have amnesia? Stupid question.

Well you know she just realized that she needn't worry about that dream. She couldn't possibly spend her entire youth worrying about uncertain things. That dream isn't after all doing some harm to her.

Not yet.

A normal day at school...

"What the f-r-i-c-k-i-n a-p-o-s-t-r-o-p-h-e hell are you talking about?!?"

Yeah, this is normal. In fact some of its cool normality is now way too normal. Sakura wanted to venture now out of the normal and start her new trend.

Their class president, Michiko is cowering behind the teacher's table. But who wouldn't? With Sakura's megaphoney voice and showering tidal wave spit, who won't cower? Michiko crawled out once she was sure the coast is clear. She clumsily stood up and tidied herself, preparing for her conquer of her biggest fear: the one and only Haruno Sakura weighing 82 lbs!

"Ms. Sakura?" she clumsily started, "I'm talking about our next English project. Mr. Hiroshima said that we'll work on pairs, boy and girl. From the other section." Then she put her hands on her ears preparing for Sakura's retaliation.

She might have noticed that Michiko looks afraid that's why she calmed. "I know that Michiko. But pairing me to an Uchiha Sasuke is way, way, way insane! Why?!?"

"Because I said so. Now if you may excuse me, Ms. Sakura, I have some work to do." Michiko retreated feeling relieved.

Sakura's about to retaliate again when...

SMACK!

"Hey, what you do that for?"

Standing in front of her is her bestest friend, Yamanaka Ino, doing her nails, weighing 95 lbs!

Ino rolled her eyes and faced a confused Sakura.

"Hello? Duh?!? We're talking about Uchiha Sasuke here! And I mean the
U-C-H-I-H-A S-A-S-U-K-E!!" Ino resumed doing her nails.

"And so? Do I c-a-r-e?!?"

SMACK!

"You should d-a-m-n care! Oh, if I were you, I'll be ecstatic!" Ino sighed dreamily.

"Great! Then let's t-r-a-d-e places!" (Smiley)

SMACK! "Ouch!"

"Don't you remember?" Ino looked sideways at Michiko who's doing some filing to make sure that she can't heard this. Then she put her face unusually close to Sakura and did an I-am-Nostradamus'-descendant-believe-me look. "Michiko's word is
l-a-w here. Break it and be damned e-t-e-r-n-a-l-l-y." Ino ended her statement mysteriously and walked away muttering to herself how lucky Sakura is.

Sakura cocked her eyebrow. She suddenly felt a throbbing sensation on her head. "This d-a-m-n hurts. R-e-a-l-l-y."

She looked away shaking her head sighing. I swear I'll kill the jerk that came up with this project. Is that too rude? Should I just wish him to choke or something?








"Mr. Hiroshima?!? Are you alright? What's the matter?"


"I-I a-am cho-k-king..."

"Oh my G-O-D! Help us!"

I know I'm corny.






"Do you copy?"

Silence.

"Mr. Uchiha is now in the grounds of File Inc. About 10 meters from the platform."

Silence.

"We're nearing the platform." Pause. "We're there. Do you copy?"

Silence.

"Take over."

That's how Mr. Haruno works. As a bodyguard and driver of Mr. Uchiha, the biggest tycoon in the marketing business. He's the CEO of the biggest marketing firm; File Inc. Mr. Haruno is hiss faithful companion even risking his life for the safety of Mr. Uchiha and even his family. He has been a bodyguard for 10 years now. You should ask why he's not quitting his job now that he's earned enough money to support his family. You don't know but he knows many of Mr. Uchiha's secrets. That includes plots and hidden schemes. Yes, graft and corruption. Illegal. You wouldn't want someone who knows something illegal about you just roam freely, right?

That means just a word out and Mr. Haruno and his family's life will be endangered, wiped out from this cruel world.

Yes, including Sakura's.








"Ok class. I am your substitute teacher, Mrs. Nagasaki. Mr. Hiroshima is currently in the clinic. He choked a while ago and sadly, he had a severe asthma attack."

No way! He actually choked?!? Sakura looks disbelievingly. Hehe. Maybe I'm the real Nostradamus' descendant. Hail! Sakura has this weird goofy grin plastered on her face. She looks like a clown.

"Girl with the pink hair? Are you alright?" Mrs. Nagasaki asked.

"Ha?" Sakura shook out of her reverie and saw all her classmates looking at her. "Ye-yeah. I'm alright. Perfectly fine!" Then she did a thumbs-up sign.

I can't believe this.

Mrs. Nagasaki looked doubtful for moment then she shrugged. "Okay, now you'll meet your partners from the other section! You boy---"

"I didn't do anything, I swear!"

Silence.

"Call 4B. I want you all to behave, ok?"

A few nods from the class made the teacher smile and walk out of the room.

Now this is what I call hell.








Mr. Haruno received a call that Mr. Uchiha needs him upstairs. He hurriedly went, his footsteps silent but quick. He walked the familiar hallways of the company, greeting a few people here and there.

Who knows what lies can this majestic hall confine? What deception is coated with the chaste paint of white? What hidden schemes are curbed beneath the lines of alliance made through the years? Only Mr. Haruno knows.

Only a soul knows.







"Hey forehead-girl!" came the smooth voice that has irked Sakura these days.

Here he is. I can't hear you.

Sakura tried to ignore him but Sasuke just know how to make a girl notice her. He sat in front of Sakura and looked her straight at the eyes. Black meets green. Unlikely union, opposites they say. But opposites attract.

Sakura blushed and she looked away. Stop blushing, dude!

"Hey, do I see a blush there?" Sasuke said feeling so proud of himself.

"W-what? How dare you?!?" Sakura suddenly forgot her shyness and switched to war mode.

"Hey, hey. I didn't come here to launch a World War III. In fact, you look good when you're blushing. So I think I should make you blush every time so you'll look good." Smirk.

"Hey! So you're insinuating that I don't look good in general?!?"

"No, no. I'm not saying that. I just haven't a chance to see you, you know, calm? Because when we're together, we're always warring."

He has a point. Sakura bit her lip apologetically and looked away, blushing.

"Hey, wait! Did I just say that you look good? Oh, sorry. I lack sleep. And hey, you agree with that? I just say you looked good! You should be angry at me for telling lies."

I swear I'll kill this guy.

"Want to see a murder?"

"Ok. Who's the lucky person?"

"You."

Glare.

Hahaha! Beware...








Mr. Haruno walked towards Mr. Uchiha's office at the 4th floor. He first checked
himself at the mirror in the mess hall before proceeding. As he was about to grab the doorknob, he heard voices inside. Maybe he has a meeting. But why did he still call me?

He's about to knock when he heard something worth knowing. Something intriguing.

"He knew all about the scam!"

"How?"

"He must have read all about it when I asked him to get my briefcase. Damn!"

"We have no choice but to keep him silent."

The lone figure standing outside the door froze. Keep him silent? Does that mean, they'll kill him, whoever he is?



















The pair, still glaring at each other decided to proceed to their work; they should make a scrapbook regarding the parts of speech.

"Hey," Sasuke started. "I'll write the reports. You design." And with that he got some paper and start writing.

Wow! I don't know that he's smart. Wait, I should not be praising him!

"Quit talking now, smart-ass. Work." Smirk.

I'll kill this girl...

Glare.

Minutes passed.

"Pass the scissors."

"Why?"

Grrr... "I need to cut the tape."

"Then use your teeth."

Glare.

And after a few minutes of torment, silence and contests of death glares after, Sakura finished her work first.

Whew. Let's see him gape. "Here." She said while handing the finished scrapbook to Sasuke.

Sasuke got it, casting first a doubtful look at Sakura before focusing his attention on the finished work. Then...

Silence.

Silence.

Silence.

Both eyebrows twitch.

Silence.

Oh, come on...

Eyes bulging.

"WHAT IS THIS?!?"

Oh, crap









Mr. Haruno thinks he has enough hearing done. Yeah, he knows how foul Mr. Uchiha as a creature is, but killing somebody? This is too much.

He slowly walked away from his office when...

CRASH!

Oh shoot!

A tinkle of crashing porcelain filled the atmosphere.








"W-Why? Is there something wrong?"

"You're asking me if something is wrong?!? You're really asking me, dude?"

"Well duh. I have just asked you."

"Then look at this! What did you just do?" Sasuke handed Sakura the scrapbook and pointed to a page where balls with squiggly lines below them are used as a border.

"What's wrong? They're balloons."

Hey, even I don't know that they're balloons.

"Those are balloons? Those are sperm cells!"

"They are?"

"And your excuse?"

"The art of genetics?"

"You're hopeless."








Mr. Haruno bumped the porcelain vase beside him. That distracted the voices.

"WHO'S THAT?"

Mr. Haruno ran. This is a good escape time. Hope they won't see me.

Mr. Uchiha went out. He saw the broken vase. Aside from that, there's no trace of who cause the intrusion. He decided to go in again when he saw something amidst the broken pieces of the vase.

A wristwatch.

He smirked.

"Looks like we have to change plans."
Sign up to rate and review this story