Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Beyond all Things

Happiness and Sorrow

by hopper12594 0 reviews

"Do you like Sasuke?" Sakura looks baffled at this sudden question. And she answered the most feasible answer she could muster.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance - Characters: Sakura, Sasuke - Warnings: [?] [V] - Published: 2007-02-13 - Updated: 2007-02-13 - 2620 words

0Unrated
"Uchiha and Haruno...

Sound effects...

Strobe lights...

Lights focused on the two...

The dynamic duo....

The iceberg Uchiha Sasuke...

Ahhh!!!! (Fan girls screaming on the background)

The tough forehead-girl Haruno Sakura...

Silence.

In English..."Nobody clapped? How poor."

In Tagalog... "Ay, walang pumalakpak? Kawawa naman."

In German... "Niemand hat geklatscht? Wie arm."

In French... "Personne n'a applaudi ? Comment pauvre."

In Martian Style... "beep-beep (Nobody) Bee-bee-bee-beep (clapped. How)
!@@#$%%%^^^%%%&&^^&^^^&&&^^&^^^^&^^^^%(&()&)&((^^$#(&))))))* (poor.)

"I swear I'll kill these guys..."

"Okay..."

"Their score is..."

Silence.

"97."

Gasp.

Sakura fainted.







"I really can't believe this!"

"What? I hate you now!'

"Look, Haruno Sakura, the Haruno Sakura who always managed to draw people
looking like aliens and all her artworks look like abstract designs and really needs a
remedial in Arts got a 97!?!?!"

"Hey!"

And before World War 2/5 start, Hinata stopped the warring duo.

"Okay stop!"

Freeze.

"Okay, stop being corny." Hinata scolded the two. They continued to walk now in
peace. They are walking in silence when a bulb appeared in Tenten's head. "Hey
Sakura?"

"Yeah?" she inquired.

Tenten looked reluctant to ask but she asked it anyway. "Do you like Sasuke?"

Sakura looks baffled at this sudden question. But still, she don't know what to
answer.

Do

You

Like

Sasuke

?

Four words and a question mark continued to echo in her head.

Yes or no?

Yes?

No?

Do

Yes

You

No

Like

Yes

Sasuke?

No

In fact, you look good

Yes

When you're blushing.

No

So I think I should make you blush

Yes

Every time

No

So you'll look good.

Yes...

And she answered the most feasible answer she could muster.

"Yes."

And before you start screaming your heads off, I'm sad to say that this is just a figment of my crazy imagination and Sakura won't definitely agree to that.

Sorry for the slight interruption.

I know I'm corny.

ZAP! Back to reality.

"Do you like Sasuke?"

"Hell no!" Without hesitation and spit flying from her mouth, she uttered these two forceful words. The force of her words can even uproot trees. "What made you think that I'll fall in love with that, with that (censored)?"

The three's eyes bulged.

"Why are you angry? I'm just asking!!" Tenten panicked and had an attack of asthma and from God-knows-where, got out a nebulizer and well, nebulized herself.

"Hey, you don't have asthma."

Tenten looked at the nebulizer she's holding and threw it. "Oh yeah. Sorry." Then Tenten flashed a big smile and a thumbs up similar to Gai and Lee's trademark. Oh, the magic of youth!

"These guys are weird, I swear."








"Hey Uchiha!" Naruto tried to catch up with Shikamaru, Sasuke and Neji looking really exhausted. The three continued to walk and pretended that they didn't hear Naruto.

"Hey!" Naruto caught up. "Sasuke, Neji, Shikamaruuuuuu!!!!!!"

When he finally caught up, "Didn't you hear my beautiful voice?" he asked in between short breaths.

"Oh Naruto, you're here. Did you say something?" Neji asked Naruto looking completely innocent.

"Hey!" Naruto bawled once again much to the irritation of Shikamaru.

"Can't you say anything other than 'hey'?" Shikamaru asked irritated.

"Hey?"

"Are you insulting me?"

"Hey?"

"Dobe!"

"Hey?"

"Bastard!"

"Hey?"

"Fart!"

"Hey?"

"Calculus!"

"Hey?"

"Scientific notation!"

"Hey?"

"Keyboard!"

"Hey?"

"You're crazy!'

"Hey?"

"Naruto!"

"Hey?"

"Dude, where's my car?"

"Hey?"

"I see dead people!"

"Hey?"

"Let's forget each other from now on! I thought we're friends!"

The almighty Nara Shikamaru walked out fuming. Sasuke and Neji looking completely bewildered followed him.

"What happened to him? Why is he hotheaded today? Has he got his period or something?" And before people start thinking that he's crazy, he followed.

"Hey! Wait!"







"He knew all about the scam!"

Headache. I must get myself all fixed up.

"How?"

I must stop working till the wee hours of the night.

"He must have read all about it when I asked him to get my briefcase. Damn!"

Working for the prominent Uchihas are tiring.

"We have no choice but to keep him silent."

We

Have

No

Choice

But

To

Keep

Him

Silent.

9 words.

But still it kept haunting my vivid dreams.

For I can't rest without thinking

Who is he planning to murder?

I knew of Mr. Uchiha's schemes.

But ending the life of someone

Is much worse.

Horrifying.

Can I rest and sleep soundly in the night

If I know that I could stop

This dreaded thing happening.

Help me...

I can't think anymore...








"I told you we'll change plans!"

"B-but... he remained faithful to you!"

"I DON'T CARE! He'll destroy all my plans!'

"Surely they will put the blame on you."

"And why is that? He has worked for me for 10 years."

Silence.

"They'll blame it on my enemies. And then..."

A forceful, dreary laugh followed that even the demons can't contain. A laugh coming from the very pits of hell...

"Sir...please...I beg of you. Not me, my family how about them...I..."

"Silence! I don't care about your woes. I want the task accomplished tonight!"

"T-ton-night?"

"Yes, tonight."

"But s-sir?"

"No buts! Or else, I'll kill your family instead. Now, out!"

"Yes sir."

"Remember, tonight."

Silence.

"Yes, Mr.---"







"UCHIHA!!"

The prodigy looked up as a horse; I mean his Math teacher glanced at him. "Why?"

Ms. Chico fumed and smoke was seen coming out from her ears and nose like an enraged bull. "Why?!?" she asked disbelievingly. "Mr. Uchiha, did I allow any student to sleep in my class?"

Sasuke thought. And after a few minutes of breathtaking silence, he shrugged. "I dunno. Ask yourself." Sasuke bowed again and slept.

"Grrr...UCHIHA!" Don't lose your temper on this brat...

"What is it this time?" Sasuke asked irritated for being disturbed.

"DETENTION!!!!!!!!"

"Thanks." And with that casual sleepy look on his face, he went out of the classroom leaving many girls admiring him more.

He quietly passed by the hallways of their school. He used to play here when he was younger. He was following his elder brother then. Elder brother. Hah! My elder brother. Uchiha Itachi. Considered as the school's pride winning many contests for God's sake. And a much behaved one too. He reminisced the old times when they're playing but since his brother went to America, he was left behind, alone. Causing him to hate his brother so much.

He was always the topic of their conversation at home, even now that he's gone. And he, Uchiha Sasuke was forced to imitate his brother. His godly brother. He who always have good remarks, he who was always praised. Even at school, he was forced to bear the ridicule of being "Itachi's little brother".

Heck, even to the number of fan clubs they have, Itachi beat Sasuke.

But not anymore. For he was to create a name of his own.

And I will never be like that bullshit.

Sasuke shook out of his reverie about his brother. He was trying to forget him all these years. But he thinks he hasn't succeeded.

Yet.

As he descended the stairs to a too familiar residence in which he has been going in and out these years, he noticed a figure sitting in his usual chair in front of the principal's desk. Another student in detention? But he knows that figure so well. Familiar with it he is.

He knocked three times and as he heard the 'come in' signal of the principal, he entered the torture chamber; I mean the principal's office. And he saw there sitting by the principal, he suspects is also in detention is the student he doesn't expects to be there.

Haruno Sakura.

"YOU ARE ALSO IN DETENTION?!!?"

The principal, Mrs. Kawakishi (sounds like sushi) stood transfixed as Sakura and Sasuke stood there pointing at each other with a 'YOU!' look on their faces.

"I don't know that you know each other. What a coincidence! Mr. Uchiha, you can sit there if you may." She gestured at a seat near the door. Sasuke slowly sat without taking his eyes from Sakura.

"Mr. Uchiha, you're in detention. Again. Why?" Mrs. Kawakishi demanded of the Uchiha prodigy. Sakura stifled a laugh in her hand sand looked at Sasuke playfully. Sasuke glared at her. "I slept at class."

Sakura's trying not to laugh.

"Which class?"

"At Ms. Chico's."

Sakura burst out laughing.

Mrs. Kawakishi looked at Sakura disdainfully. "You have no right to laugh, Ms. Haruno."

Sakura stopped and smiled sheepishly.

"Because you yourself are here on detention because you called your Science teacher a big, fat bullfrog." The principal said.

It's Sasuke's turn to laugh now.








"So what will we do in detention?" Sakura inquired the principal. This has got to be easy. I want to go home early or else, I'll ambush you on your way home.

"I'm afraid, Ms. Haruno that this will take a long time, a very long and tiring one, indeed."

Sasuke looked curious, afraid you might say. What the heck?

"Don't worry; I'll call your parents to let them know."

Sakura's eyes narrowed. I'll call your parents to let them know?

"You will be..."

The two waited in breath-holding silence.

"Fixing all the books in the library."

The two froze with their eyes transfixed.







6:00

"Mrs. Kawakishi, no one is answering at the Haruno household." The secretary announced looking devastated at the news she herself said.

"My goodness' sake. Where are they? Misato and Hirohito have gone home, already. Surely, someone will pick up the phone." Mrs. Kawakishi looked really worried. She feels something have gone wrong in the Haruno household.

Correct, principal.








8:00

Sakura yawned and stretched. 5 hours of total boredom locked in the library seemed an endless torture. Finally, it's done.

"Hai....Finally, freedom!" Sakura hollered as she and Sasuke looking tired and devastated walked out of the school grounds and onto the village.

"You're actually happy about that?" Sasuke asked disbelieving.

"Yeah, Uchiha. Give me a reason why not?" Sakura arched an eyebrow and smiled at the boy.

Minutes of total silence followed.

"Well," she started. "I need to go home! Bye, Sasuke!" and with a small wave, she ran towards her home.

Sasuke shook his head disbelievingly while smirking. She's unbelievable. He put his hands inside his pocket and walked towards his home on the other direction.








Sakura headed home. She noticed that all the lights on the posts are off. Very dark. Sakura's not afraid of the dark but she feels wrong.


Dark. It's all dark. I can't see. I groped my way through the darkness hoping that I might get hold of something that can help me get out here. Heck, I don't even know where and why I'm here. What is this place? Where am I? I begin to feel afraid. I restrained my eyes hoping to see some light beyond me but there's nothing, only pure darkness.





Sakura suddenly felt that this already happened. Unsure of when and where, she dismissed the thought. But you know déjà vu? The feeling that something you're experiencing right now already happened in the past? And Sakura doesn't like this feeling. Cause it makes her scared.






I sat down. I hugged my knees closer to my body while I kept my head low. I'm beginning to feel cold. I waited there for a long time in that position. I begin to feel helpless and desperate. I want to scream for help but I just can't. It's like my voice is gone. And after what seemed like an eternity to me, my eyes sensed some light.





Then Sakura saw some light! Alas! She exclaimed.





I immediately stood up. I swept my pink bangs away from my face. I begin to feel some numbness on my limbs, but I suspended the feeling. I need to get away from here now!




She ran towards it not knowing why. Maybe she just wants to escape the darkness behind. She doesn't even know where the light is coming from but it is her instinct that guides her towards it.




I ran with all my might towards the light. But after a while, I felt that I'm not getting any closer. Damn it! I'm beginning to feel tired. But when I look at the darkness behind me threatening to enclose me in a clinch, I sensed a desire to not give up. I must go on. I really must.




I ran. I can feel the wind in my ears. I can feel my pink hair being carried by the wind. This is a great sensation! Woohoo! Then I saw the light. It's nearer! Yes, it's nearer! This fact stimulated me and I desired to run faster.




She got nearer and saw the light was coming from a single light post above her.





Then the light went out. I looked around but I noticed I'm not in pure darkness anymore. I can see a big silhouette in front of me. I came forward to see what it is. My footsteps are muffled because of the thick dust and moss under my feet. I can hear my heart palpitating. I begin to feel scared, my cold sweat dropped.





Oddly, she found herself in front of her house. It's peculiar to think that the single illuminating light post is the one beside her house.





Then I saw it. A house. Not just a house but, hell, this is our house. I can recognize it from its familiar posts and hallways. I should be feeling secure now. This is our house, anyways. But why do I feel that something is wrong. Something is not right and I don't like this feeling one bit.






She entered her house but something's stopping her. Like a force dreading her entrance. Seems like a warning. But what could go wrong? After all this is her house.






I came forward. I grabbed our knob. I can feel my sweaty hand shaking and shivering at the same time. I wiped it at my shirt. I can feel sweat in my forehead so I wiped it at the sleeves of my shirt. I opened the door, only to find darkness inside. I hesitated to come in but there's like something that's driving me in.





When she entered, she felt that something is wrong. Her hands began to sweat and she felt a sinking feeling at the bottom of her stomach.






I walked the familiar halls of our house. I walked slowly. I even don't want to progress in the beginning. I even thought to be as close to the door as possible for an easy escape route in case something just popped out of nowhere. Foolish, eh?






Then she smelled it. Blood. Her eyes bulged. She froze in her being not wanting to go any further, afraid of what she might see. But the sense of apprehension urged her on.




Then I smelled it. Blood. I smell blood. I saw a trail of it in the hallway to our living room. I froze. I don't want to see where it came from. I just don't want. I'm feeling immensely scared and nervous. I want to get out quickly but the feeling of harm might befallen my family urged me to get on.




She walked slowly and with each step are heartbeats of her heart. The stench increased leading her to their living room. She realized now when and where all this have happened before. But it's too late.




The smell became stronger as I progressed. You can imagine my fear and worry at the same time. I tried to call my parents but no sound came out. I went to the living room.




All the memories of her dream flooded in like a destroyed television with weak reception, all ending in the scene in front of her. Hell.



Then I had the worst fear of my life.
Sign up to rate and review this story