Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Beyond all Things

Loss of a Loved One

by hopper12594 0 reviews

I'm still hoping, hoping beyond hope, that all the stars would grant me my wish, my one and only wish. I'd give anything to the world just to see my family alive. Once more.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Sakura, Sasuke - Warnings: [?] [V] - Published: 2007-03-22 - Updated: 2007-03-23 - 2813 words

0Unrated
CHAPTER 5: Loss of a Loved One
There I saw the slaughtered bodies of my family.
Death.

"No, leave us alone!"

Quenches the life and soul

"Kill me instead!'

Of those living.

"Not my family!"

Living it cold, dead, useless

"Have mercy!"

Like a shell.

"Oh God, oh God, oh God...'

Lifeless...

"NO!!!"


Death comes at night.

Glory be to the father...

Where vulnerability

And to the son..

Is seen.

And to the holy spirit...

Through the eyes

As it was in the beginning

Of all the victims.

Is now and ever shall be

"Remember, tonight."

World without

"Sir...please...I beg of you. Not me, my family how about them...I..."

End.

"Tonight."

Amen...


Blood.
Death.

"I'll be quiet, I promise. Just spare us!"
"Temporary silence wouldn't suit him. You should know that by now."
"You're human! Have mercy! Have feelings!"
"I don't, I can't have mercy."
"Just, just spare my family! Kill me instead!"
"Murder comes in a whole package. But if you wish, I'll kill you first."
"No! I have children and a wife! Understand me! I know you also have a son!"
"Silence! Do you think I like what I am doing here!?!"
"Then, then..."
"Forgive me Mr. Haruno but..."
"Goodbye!"
"NO!!!!!!"








In the darkness of the night, all the villagers are now sound asleep on their beds completely oblivious of the horror that's happening. In the midst of the darkness, a lone figure runs through the streets and went in to a desolate shack.

"Father! Why are you drenched in blood?!"

The man sat down and covered his face with hands stained with dry blood.

"I killed them, I killed them, oh God forgive me!!"
"Father! You still killed them! I TOLD YOU NOT TO!"
"But you and your mom will be harmed!"
Silence.
"Where's your mother?"
"She was, she was kidnapped by unknown guys. They said that they are just asked to do that by Mr. Uchiha."
Silence.
"No!!!!!!!"
Tears.

Murderers' only luxury is tears. For in tears they release all the feelings that are within them.

"We'll take revenge! We'll take revenge!! He fooled me in doing this treacherous act and what will we receive in return? He shouldn't take your mom away! It's not part of the plans!""
Silence.
"You understand me Gaara? We will take revenge."
Silence.
"Yes, father."










Blood.
Sakura just stood there, eyes transfixed to the horror in front of her eyes. She wanted to scream, to ask for help but no sound came out.
Death.
Sakura tried to approach her family. Her brain is blank and the only thing that controls her body is her soul, her love for her family.
Wounds.
And with every step she took...

I can still remember that day when Papa came home crying. That is the first time I saw him so pathetic, so pitiful, so useless. He broke down emotionally, sat down on one of our old rickety chairs and covered his face with his hands.

Mama told me, Hirohito and Misato to go to our room. She told us to stay put. I waited for Misato and Hiro to go to sleep before I disobeyed Mama. I went out quietly and peeped through the doorknob.

I saw Mama crying comforting Papa. Even at my young age, I was five, I can see the sadness on Papa's face and how my Mama tried to comfort him.

Only the mere sight of Papa breaking down like this shatters my heart.

When I was about to go back to our room, I caught some of Papa and Mama's words.

"He won't let me quit. He said he'll give us anything for my silence."
"Let's go out of the country."
"No. I want my children to grow up normally."

I don't know how great the effect of those words will be years from now.

Blood.
Death.
Wounds.
Memories.

Step...step..
Closer..closer...
Nearer...nearer...

"Hey little girl."

I spun around to see who called me and I saw a man with dark blue spiky hair staring at me with those merciless mocking eyes. In my sudden fear and confusion, I absentmindedly released the ball I was holding and let it roll on the ground.

It seems like I was hypnotized by the cold staring glare of the man before me that I can't take my eyes off him. I feel fear. I just don't know why.

"Your name is Sakura, right?"

I nodded slowly. He smirked then he grabbed my chin with his hand, knelt down in front of me and put his face close to mine. My eyes widened at the close proximity but he just smirked at my reaction. He continued to make eye contact with me then he finally spoke after a few minutes.

"Where is your daddy?"
Silence.
"Come on tell me. I will not harm him." He placed his hand son both of my shoulders.
Silence. I shook my head.
"What do you mean? Your daddy is not there?"
I shook my head.

The man became impatient with my incessant shaking of head.
"You're hiding him from me? Come on, tell me!"
Silence. I tried to break free from his grasp but the more I break free, the more he holds. His nails are digging into my skin. "Where's your daddy? Where???!!"

I began to cry silently shaking my head. Papa told me not to talk to strangers. "N-No..." I plead. "No..."

But instead of irritating him, he seemed overjoyed of my tears. He grinned a manic smirk and released his grasp a little.
"Why are you crying, little angel?" he spoke in mocking tones. He smiles, I cry. "Are you scared baby? There's no need. Just tell me where your daddy is,."

But I continued to cry and shook my head. Daddy...Where are you?

"Come on tell me. Do you know what happens to bad children? Huh?"

I shook my head. Cry. Tears. Hero. Alone. Desolate. Where are you?

Daddy.
Daddy.
Daddy.
Daddy...

"Release Sakura!!"

Daddy...

Blood.
Death.
Wounds.
Memories.
Love.

Closer...closer...
Nearer...nearer...
Step...step..

Did you ever have the feeling, Sakura, that you really like something but the moment that thing becomes yours, you suddenly regret wanting it?

I hope I never got the courage of approaching my parents now.

For at far, their death seems so unreal.
But the moment their cold body touches mine...

Reality will sink in.

I don't want to approach them any longer...

I don't want to believe that this is real...

Closer...closer...

"Oh my God! Sakura, Sakura!"
I don't know what's going on but I began to vomit. Lots and lots and lots. I began to feel uneasy. Then my sight blacked out.
"Oh God! Call a doctor!"
My body began to jerk, to shake involuntarily. Like I am being possessed. And all I can see is darkness. All I can feel are the restraining arms of those around me.
"She's having a seizure Mom!"
"Oh God, oh God, oh God... Where's the doctor, Mitoki!!??"
"Just call an ambulance!!!"
Memories began to play like an endless tape inside my head.
I was born in a poor family.
"What? An ambulance or a doctor?"
We struggled to survive. My dad worked as a bodyguard.
"Doctor!!"
I was always teased because of my eccentricity.
"No Mom! Ambulance!"
I was tortured in the past. We often get many death threats for Papa is the bodyguard of the prominent Uchihas.
"Fuck. Bullshit."
"Shut up, Hirohito."
I was emotionally disturbed once. I often got anxiety and depression attacks.
"We don't have enough money for hospital bills!"
But we were financially helped by the Uchihas.
"Get help from Mr. Uchiha."
And since then, my life changed for the better leaving all the memories and the shattered hopes of my tortured childhood behind.
"Shut the hell up! Just call an ambulance. Fuck."
Childhood. Torture. Memories.
Sirens of an ambulance filled my ears before I completely passed out.
Darkness.

Blood.
Death.
Wounds.
Memories.
Torture.

Closer...
Nearer...
Step...
My family.
They were all chopped; different parts of their bodies are in every corner of that room. In the table, inside the aquarium, everywhere!
The scene in front of her is just so grotesque for a little girl to handle. It is like a scene straight from a horror movie. There is blood everywhere and three mercilessly chopped bodies are placed in the middle of a circle made from blood.

Blood.
Oh God, this can't be happening.
Vomit. I want to. But I can't.
Vomiting will just be a sign
That I'm disgusted with my family.
It shows that I despise them.
But that will never happen.
Never.

She was staring straight at those lifeless faces. She can't take all of this. She just doesn't understand. Everything is unreal. This is not true. And in that precise moment of denial, all the sounds suddenly died out. Her mind became blank. She was suddenly enveloped in a state of darkness. Then pictures, moments, memories began to materialize in front of her. Her brain is having a flashback of all her memories regarding her family.

"Easy, dear. You might choke. I saw you're very sound asleep so I decided not to wake you up."
Mom??
"This is my youngest daughter, Haruno Sakura."
Dad!!
"Never give up! When there's life, there's hope!"
Misato...
"Hey! Come back here! Return my skateboard!"
Hirohito!!
"Bye, honey! Take care!"
Who will take care of me now?
"Sakura, act like a girl!"
Who will protect me now?
"Sakura, I'm your sister. Why don't you trust me?"
Who will be here for me now?
"Who is bullying you? Come on tell me and I'll kick his ass."
Who will tease me now?

Who???? Who??

Why did you all leave me?

Do you really love me?

And there came a popping sound.
Sakura realized and accepted the truth.
That this is all real.
That her family is dead.
And that she is now all alone.

And tears, for the first time, flowed.
Like the rain
That is never.
Going to dry up.

Sakura knelt down by her mom. Hands shaking and cold with sweat, she touched her mom's hand and kissed it. Her hands and face are now wet with blood but she just doesn't care.

"Mom!" she choked in between tears. She lifted her mom's body and hugged it tightly. She shook it wanting to believe that this is all a dream.

My god! Who did this?!? Who did this!?! I can feel my body giving up. I can't take this. I can't comprehend all of this.

There is so much pain. It hurts so much that I started to become numb. In just all of a sudden, my family was wiped out of existence.

When there's life there's hope

I'm still hoping, hoping beyond hope, that all the stars would grant me my wish, my one and only wish. I'd give anything to the world just to see my family alive. Once more.

I want to scream, to curse all the people in the world. They're all mocking me now. I'm all alone now without no one there to help me, to be with me. I swear I won't rest till justice prevails. I swear I'll avenge. I swear with my whole life and soul. I;m willing to sell my soul to the devil. I swear I'll kill whoever did this to my family.

I swear.
I swear.
And before fainting, I saw a message on the wall.
DON'T MESS WITH US!!
Don't mess with us.
I felt my blood drained cold. I can't move. I can feel my eyes closing. And before I finally went out, I promised myself, I'll avenge.
Darkness.
Blood.
Death.
Wounds.
Memories.
Love.
Torture.

Life...










"Glory be to the father, and to the son, and to the holy spirit..."

"As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be world without end. Amen."

"Uh...Where am I?"
Silence.
Silence.
"OH MY GOD! SAKURA!"









Sakura opened her eyes and saw herself in an incredibly white room. White pillows, white bed sheets, white furniture, white clothes, everything is white. And she saw Ino, Hinata and Tenten praying the rosary in a corner.

"Uh...Where am I?"
Silence.
Silence.
"OH MY GOD! SAKURA!"

The three approached, no raced to Sakura, panic-stricken.
"Am I in heaven?"
"Oh my! God, what have you done to her?? She doesn't have any physical injuries but what did you do to her brain??"
"Hey, hey why am I here in the first place?"
"Bed rest."










After calming down a bit, the three sat by Sakura's side and watched her intently. She twitched.

"So," Ino started and she closed upon Sakura. Sakura cringed at the close proximity of their faces. "What are you feeling now?"

A hand struck Ino on her head. "OUCH!"
"Dum-dum! Do you think Sakura wants to answer that question in her state?" shouted a fuming Tenten, both fists on air ready to pounce on Ino. "Oh sorry." Ino scratched her head sheepishly.

Sakura smiled a bit. She's glad that she still has her friends to support her. She tried to answer Ino's question. "I dunno. Shocked, maybe." She shrugged.

'Oh, okay." Ino said and withdrew away from Sakura.

Silence.

"Sakura," Hinata finally spoke in soft calming tones. "We'll go now. If you need anything, we're just at the reception area."

Hinata dragged Tenten and Ino away all the while smiling at Sakura. She smiled back.

Sakura intently closed her eyes as the sound of a closing door filled the quiet room. It was all too tiring. Many things have happened. It was a giant emotional roller coaster. Sakura went to a deep slumber, tears trickling from her eyes.










"Don't mess with us..."
"Come on tell me. I will not harm him."
"He won't let me quit. He said he'll give us anything for my silence."
"No. I want my children to grow up normally."
Dad...
Dad.
Dad!!!

Sakura woke up with a start. She was sweating profusely, cold sweat. She has been dreaming of her dad. Just the mere thought of her dad makes her heart ache.

Knock! Knock!

Sakura arched her eyebrow. Who could possibly be that? She hesitated for a moment. "C-Come i-in?"

Two properly dressed men went in holding files and papers. One is stout and bald and the other is lean and tall. The stout man greeted Sakura. "Good morning Ms. Haruno Sakura. We are the assigned investigators for the Haruno massacre." Then he showed hid i.d.

Haruno massacre...

"I am Mr. Shawano," the stout man said and he held out a hand for Sakura to shake. Sakura took it. "And this is," he continued. "Mr. Temujin." The lean man waved at Sakura. She, meanwhile, smiled.

"So," Mr. Temujin started after comfortably sitting at a nearby chair. "We have cleaned the whole place up and place the three cadavers---"

Cadavers...

"---under autopsy. After our preliminary searches, I'm sad to say that we haven't found any trace of the murderer. This will be a very hard case to crack indeed." He finished in an apologetic tone.

This will be a very hard case to crack indeed.
We haven't found any trace of the murderer.
We haven't found any trace...
Very hard case...

"However," Mr. Shawano continued shaking Sakura out of her reverie. "We have found something in the middle of the mess. Do you know who owns this?"

Sakura took it. It's a wristwatch. "This is my dad's."

Mr. Shawano nodded slowly. Then he took a bloodstained paper and urged Sakura to read it.

"Just giving back what you have left..." The paper said. Sakura's forehead creased and she looked at Mr. Showano who just shrugged.

He got the wristwatch and the paper from Sakura and pocketed it again.

"We're still finding out who's the one behind this. But indeed, Ms. Sakura, this is a very hard case. But if you know anything, juts let us know. It might help." Mr. Shawano handed her a calling card. Sakura took it and placed it in her pockets.

"And one more thing," Mr. Temujin said. "I believe you have two siblings?"

Sakura nodded.

Mr. Temujin looked very grave. "We only found three bodies. There are of Mr. Haruno Mitoki, Mrs. Haruno Eriko and Ms. Haruno Misato."

Oh my god...

"But I believe you still have a brother and his name is Haruno Hirohito, right?"

Sakura nodded slowly.

"But sadly..."

Oh. My. God. Why didn't I notice it before?

"We can't find his body anywhere, even around the village. But rest assured, we'll try to find him. Don't worry."

We can't find his body anywhere.
We'll try to find him.
We'll try...
Try...

Blood in my hands.
Death of a family.
Wounds of the heart.
Memories of a tortured childhood.
Love for my dad.
Torture of a child.
Life ceases.

Loss....of a loved one.
Sign up to rate and review this story