Categories > Anime/Manga > Pet Shop of Horrors > D is for...

Someone Waiting

by Eternatis 0 reviews

Sometimes, he thinks the kids are right.

Category: Pet Shop of Horrors - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Leon, Other - Published: 2007-01-14 - Updated: 2007-01-14 - 207 words

0Unrated
If you're a cop, you give up all claims to normal life. The Chief has told them this time and again; after knocking them up at three in the morning, after keeping them in till twelve at night.

Leon doesn't care. So he loses a few more hours of sleep, so he spends a few less hours in the bar. Big deal. It's a sentiment echoes by most of the force.

But then, they're young. Still young enough to not expect much from a relationship, to believe that after they're done with one they'll find another. They don't know, as he didn't know, how important people are.

His wife doesn't complain any more when he gets THOSE phone calls. She helps him up, checks the kids, kisses him goodbye. And he goes, and she stays, and he knows that she'll go back to bed and worry, as she worries every time he's late, thinking that this might finally be the day when he comes home in a coffin.

Sometimes, he thinks the kids are right. But then he gets home and sees the relief and the love on her face, and he hopes to God that someday all his force have someone to give them that look.
Sign up to rate and review this story