Categories > Anime/Manga > Pet Shop of Horrors > D is for...

Orange

by Eternatis 0 reviews

The Count wasn't the only one Chris gave pictures to.

Category: Pet Shop of Horrors - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Chris, Other - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-01-14 - Updated: 2007-01-14 - 274 words

0Unrated
"It's orange." Kanan observed once Chris had gone.

Shuko sighed. "He did explain why, Kanan."

"Because he used all the yellow on a picture of that racoon of his, I know. But orange!"

"I like it," Junrei said. "I think it's sweet."

"Did I say I didn't like it?" Kana demanded, yanking on their hair. "I was just saying that it was orange!"

Shuko smoothed one small hand over the wax crayon drawing, smiling softly. It was a picture of the three of them - separate, as they could only dream of being. Kanan looked angry, waving her arms around. Junrei looked like she was crying. Shuko herself was between them, smiling a crooked red wax smile.

And yes, their robes were orange instead of gold.

"You meant it when you said he was going to leave, didn't you?" Junrei asked finally.

Shuko nodded.

"We could keep him. He's our master. We could keep him with our treasures." Kanan sounded desperate, pleading, resigned.

"No we can't. He needs to go back to his own kind." It was Shuko who stared sadly at the picture, smoothing it and tracing the lines with her fingers, and Junrei who crossed the room and carefully pinned the drawing to a wall, using a pair of pins that were undoubtedly not meant to be stuck in walls (She was only a child after all. What child worried about things like that?)

"We're keeping this, though." Junrei sounded tearful but satisfied.

Kanan nods, looking close to tearful herself, but can still find it within herself for a sharp "Well, we need something to remind us to wear more orange, don't we?"
Sign up to rate and review this story