Categories > Anime/Manga > Pet Shop of Horrors > D is for...

The Enemy of Mine Enemy...

by Eternatis 0 reviews

They didn't have enemies. Worshippers, servants and victims, but no enemies.

Category: Pet Shop of Horrors - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Count D, Leon, Sofu D - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-01-14 - Updated: 2007-01-14 - 170 words

0Unrated
The D's didn't have enemies. They had worshippers, they had servants, they had people who adored them and people who feared them. There were those who hated them.

However, everyone succumbed to them eventually, to either their charm or their animals. Even those that hated them would respect or admire them.

Of course, there were exceptions. Only a few in each century. Those that were impervious to their charm, saw at least part way through their lies, and managed to wriggle through carefully maintained defences and gain a sliver of their affection. They neither loved nor hated the Ds, and often neither respected nor feared them. In most cases, they merely liked them, as though they were another mortal instead of a god.

They were dangerous, these exceptions. Luring the kami away from their duties, trying to make them forget their revenge.

D had been warned of all that by his grandfather. He understood it.

But he wasn't sure he could comprehend a scruffy American chain smoker as his enemy.
Sign up to rate and review this story