Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Destined Love

Chapter 3

by XJaideX 0 reviews

Miroku and Sango love each other deeply, but they never seem to let the other know of their true feelings. Will Sango finally express herself when shes about to lose the only man shes ever loved? [...

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Miroku, Sango - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-01-15 - Updated: 2007-01-15 - 1248 words

-1Predictable
LOL I'm a serious noob, I didn't not know how the chapter thing worked but I do now :) Well hope you guys like the chapter. Mwa~

~ o O o ~

The night had finally settled in the sky. And Sango sat awake against a maple tree watching Miroku as he lay near the fire. She leaned forward and rested her chin on her knees. Still watching the unconscious Houshi. This is really bad. She turned to the sky silently hoping that her friends silhouettes would be seen through the darkness, but there was nothing. She sighed and again locked her worried eyes on the man fighting for his life near the fire. Her mind again jumbled through the words she could have sworn she heard. This girl is the only person I care about, and I will never let anything happen to her.... Did he really say that? Her expression changed a dozen times as she thought of all the possibilities. She loved him, she new that for sure, but did he love her? I'm kidding myself, besides he's always asking other girls to bear his children. He's just a womanizer. She managed to upset herself, but the emotion quickly vanished as Miroku's voice softly called out to her.

She stumbled forward, and pulled herself to his side. "Are you ok?" She laid a gentle hand on his chest. "Yes, I think I actually feel better." He shot a half grin at the girl staring at him with worried eyes, knowing that his words were a complete lie. Her shoulders relaxed at the response, and she settled herself next to him. "I'm glad!" She said with a concerned but relieved smile. "I'm sorry Sango, I really am..." Miroku closed his eyes as he searched for his next set of words. "But... I wanted to protect you! I didn't want you to get hurt!" Sango's eyes beamed from his words. He wanted to protect me? She couldn't believe it. She hung her head as she spoke the next words. "But get yourself killed in the process?" She looked into his eyes, neither of them breaking the stare.

Should I tell her how I feel, how much she means to me....? Miroku's pride struggled with his thoughts as he contemplated his next answer. If I make a fool of myself it won't matter... I'm dying anyway, this poison is already running it's course throughout my body... But it's me, I'm nothing but a lecherous monk to her, what would she gain from me telling her? Nothing but confusion. After all I'm only a companion to her, she's said it loud and clear a hundred times. His eyes flickered with hurt as he broke their gaze and looked towards the fire. His heart aching him to proceed with his thoughts. After a few silent moments he responded. "Sango... I care about you deeply, more than any other person. More than any other woman!" He shut his eyes, wishing he could take the words back. Rejection at a time like this would surely kill him he thought.

Sango was stunned, everything she had ever hoped for was coming together, but at such a dire situation. She knew she had to let him know. He had let her in on his feelings and she wanted to do the same. "Miroku." She lifted his chin so she could gaze into his eyes. "I love you." Miroku's eyes widened in shock. Am I in heaven? He tried to settle the words in his mind. "Sango..." His eyes had softened a bit. "I love you too." He was filled with joy, and so was she. They had been waiting for those words for so long, and the situation seemed surreal.

Both of them were thinking hard, aw struck by each others declaration. Mentally pinching themselves hoping everything wasn't a dream. Despite the immense amount of pain he was feeling Miroku pushed himself up, and settled himself in front of Sango. A warm smile over took them as they both leaned in for a kiss. Sango's arms wrapped around his neck, and he ran his hands through her silky hair as they passionately kissed. It seemed to last forever till they broke free for breath. Radiating cheeks present on both of their faces. They were about to share another kiss when Miroku seized in pain.

His chest burned and his body ached. This time the pain was to severe. He couldn't help but cry out. He clenched his wounded arm and doubled over to the ground. His eyes shut tight as he tried to control his trembling body. He clenched his jaw as the pain swarmed his lungs. He felt the breath creeping out of him. Were his lungs going to stop functioning? Fright filled his body. He didn't want to die, not now, not in front of Sango. He steadied himself, trying to take in deep slow breaths. The fire was burning inside him, and he felt like he was suffocating.

Sango looked on in horror. Guilt striking her chest hard. She knew he was in unbearable pain, but helplessly knew there was nothing she could do. The sun was beginning to rise and she hoped holding back tears that the smoke from the fire would help bring the others to their aid.

"We're getting close." Inuyasha stated plainly. He knew Miroku's injuries were bad , but wasn't about to tell Kagome details just yet. Dammit Miroku, what did you do? He thought, scolding his friend for being such a weakling. "What's that?!" Kagome shouted as she pointed at a stream of smoke rising between some trees about a mile away. "It's definitely them, their scents are clear as day..." He turned to the Miko clutched to his waist. "Kagome... Miroku, he's injured bad, be ready for it." She nodded understandingly at the Hanyo in front of her. Trying to suppress the worry from her face.

Sango was comforting Miroku near the burned out fire. Drenching his forehead in water, once again try to extinguish his blistering fever. He was barely conscious and sucked air into his lungs erratically. The poison was surely killing him, and Sango knew it. Tears were welling in her eyes but she stayed calm, trying to do anything she could to keep Miroku conscious a little longer. "The others will be here soon, just stay strong, ok." Sango's soft voice soothed his ears. He felt like giving up, but continued to fight just for her. He wanted to grow old with her, not die in her arms. "Sango...." was all he could manage for a response as he continued to fight the pain surging through his body. He opened his eyes for a moment to gaze at her as she stroked his cheek lovingly, and to his amazement a short distance away was the familiar fire cat with his friends aboard. /They've found us! /Relief ran through his body at the sight. Gathering the last ounce of his energy he managed to whisper "Don't worry any longer." His vision turned to darkness as his body gave out in her arms. His unconscious body continuing to tremble.

"Sango!" Kagome's voice pierced through the air as she caught sight of Sango's horror stricken face, and Miroku lying in her arms.

~ o O o ~

Sorry that the chapters are so short but I'm kinda writing on a whim, I know where I want the story to go, but not sure how its gonna get there lol.
Sign up to rate and review this story