Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > The Best of Friends

Benjamin Combs secret

by Joal_Hilary 1 review

15 year old Jayde Mathews and 32 year old Jane Mathews move from Australia to Waldorf, Maryland. Jayde starts at La Plata high school and befriends Benjamin Combs. Read and review please.

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-01-15 - Updated: 2007-01-15 - 1145 words

0Unrated
Previously on the Best of Friends:

I walk into my room and Benji is lying on my bed, he has bruises all over his body and is crying.
Who gave him the bruises? Why is he crying? I wonder does it have something to do with Joel?
I walk over to Benji and hug him, he cries into my shoulder.
"What happened to you Benji?" I ask.

Chapter 4: Benjamin Combs secret

"Nothing," he muttered.
"Benji, tell me please. You have bruises all over your body, who did this to you?" I asked.
Benji pulls away from my shoulder "I don't want to say."
"Was it Joel?" I ask.
"Hey Jayde How did your date go?" Benji asked changing the subject.
"Badly, now don't change the subject!" I say.
"Well it wasn't just Joel." Benji replied.
"Who else?" I ask.
"Billy and Paul were there as well." Benji whispered.

I don't know what to say; I give Benji another hug I notice the blood coming from fresh cuts on his arm.

"Benji who did this?" I ask pointing to the cuts on his arms.
"um no one," Benji said pulling his sleeve down over them.
"Benji, tell me the truth please." I say.
"Fine it was..........me." He whispered so quietly that I had to lean right over to hear what he said.
"Benji why?" I ask.
"I didn't know how else to deal with it. No one in my family cares, I never had any friends until I met you Jayde and I was scared that if I told you anything about what Joel does to me or what I do to myself, you would call me a freak and never talk to me again." Benji said sadly.

"Well Benji I would never leave you, so don't worry about that. Do you want to stay here tonight?" I ask because I didn't want him to be alone with his awful family.

"Are you sure Jayde, What about your mum she might not want me to stay." He asked cheering up a bit.
"I'll go and ask her but I'm sure it will be fine." I said.

I walk out of my room, down the stairs and over to the kitchen where mum was eating ice cream.
"Mum, Benji's here."
"Where, I didn't see him come in."
"He climbed up the tree and in the window to my room, he is battered, bruised and broken."
"What do you mean Jayde?"
"His twin brother and friends beat him up pretty badly, and I don't want to him to go back to his house tonight, for another beating so can he stay here tonight?"
"Alright Jayde, can you get Benji to come down here, he can stay in the guests room."
"Thanks mum, I'll just go get him."

I walk back up the stairs and into my room. Benji is laying on my bed, his eyes are bloodshot and he is covered in bruises.

"Hey," I said.
"Hey, what did your mum say?"
"She said yes and she wants us to go down to her."
"Sure and Thank you so much Jayde,"
"No problem, you're a good friend to me."
"As are you to me."

We both go red. Benji and I walk downstairs to the kitchen.

"Hello Benji, are you alright?" Mum asked.
"Better thank you Miss Mathews and thank you for letting me stay."
"That is no problem, and please call me Jane."

I took Benji into the guest room, and we sit on the bed.

"So why was your date bad?"
"ahhh that's not important."
"Yes it is what happened?"
"I don't want to say."
"Jayde come on please."

"Well it started off really well, Joe and I went to this fancy restaurant, then we drove away and we ended up in this dark ally and he tried to.........."
"Jayde, what did he try to do."
"Rape me..."

"THAT FUCKING BASTERED WAIT TILL I SEE HIM, HE IS IN FOR IT! HOW DARE HE TRY TO DO THAT TO YOU!!!! JAYDE YOU ARE SO MUCH BETTER THAN HIM! Are you okay?"
"I'm really frightened; I just never thought that he would...." I burst into tears mid-sentence.

Benji pulled me into a tight hug and held me tight "Jayde I promise I won't let anyone or anything hurt you ever again."
"Thank you Benji, you are my best friend."
"And you are mine."

My head was hung down as Benji kissed me on the forehead.

I say goodnight to mum and Benji and walk up to my room get into my Pj's and go to sleep.

Benji Pov

Poor Jayde I knew that he would hurt her, he is so in for it on Monday, Fucking asshole.

~Benji's dream~

I'm walking home from school, Jayde is with me and we run into Joel.
"Why did you run off on me Benji?"
"I....you....."

Joel grabs Jayde and tightly grabs her wrist.

"Joel Stop it, Leave her alone, Leave me alone! Don't hurt her, don't hurt Jayde."

Joel pushes Jayde onto the ground and slaps her on the face.
"JOEL LEAVE JAYDE ALONE!!"

~end of dream~
I wake up screaming and Jayde rushes into my room, lucky it's dark or she would see how red my face is.

"Benji, are you okay?"
"Yeah just had a bad dream"
"oh okay."
"Sorry for waking you up."
"It's okay I couldn't get to sleep anyway."
"You alright."
"I'm really scared Benji, what if he tries to do that again, I don't think I'm ready to see him tomorrow."
"Don't worry Jayde it will be alright, I'll be right there with you"
"Thank you Benji, I don't know what I'd do without you."
"Me either."
"hey Benji, did you want a cup of coffee, unless your going to get some more sleep?"
"I don't think I could, coffee sounds good."

Jayde and I walk into the kitchen, I look down feeling a bit embarrassed of my superman boxer shorts, and I'm also a bit cold, I quickly go back to my room and grab my black hoodie and put it on then walk back into the kitchen, Jayde has already poured me a cup of coffee.

Jayde hands me the coffee, "Thank you"
We sit down facing each other.

"Benji"
"Yes Jayde"
"Is Joel the only person that abuses you in your family?"

I pause for a moment, Its my deepest secret should I trust her?

"No"

a/n well what do you think? Please review I will thank you in my author notes if you do!! Well here is a preview for Chapter 5:

"Willyougotothepromwithme?"
"Sorry what?"
"Will you go to the prom with me?"


a/n What did you think of the preview? Who are they asking to the prom? Who is doing the asking?

Love always
Joal_Hilary xx

p.s thanks to Benjisriotgirl79 for the gr8 review.
Sign up to rate and review this story