Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > The Best of Friends

What happened to Benji?

by Joal_Hilary 1 review

15 year old Jayde Mathews and 32 year old Jane Mathews move from Australia to Waldorf, Maryland. Jayde starts at La Plata high school and befriends Benjamin Combs. Read and review please.

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [R] - Published: 2007-01-11 - Updated: 2007-01-12 - 1519 words

0Unrated
Previously on Best of Friends:

"Thank you Benji for standing up for me." I say extremely grateful.
"It was nothing and don't listen to her okay you are beautiful and you have a small figure!" he says.

I feel my cheeks burn "Thank you" I whisper.


Chapter 3: What happened to Benji?

Jayde Pov

Well tonight I'm going on a first date with JOE SMITH and you may be wondering what happened to Jindi well he dumped her.

Benji doesn't want me to go and I have no idea why, he should be supportive and understand that I'm madly in love!

But instead he is hardly talking to me and mutters stuff under his breath whenever I mention Joe.

Oh well I'm really excited, I haven't told mum yet but I'm going to tell her now.

I walk into the kitchen "Morning mum" I say as I make some coffee.
"Morning Jayde" Jane said.
Lucy ran over to me and started jumping up on me. "Morning Lucy" I say as I tickle her belly.

Mum laughs at me, I think this is a good time to tell her. "Mum I'm going out tonight on a date with......."
"With Benji where are you going?" mum said.
"Mum it's not with Benji, Benji and I are just friends mum. I'm going with Joe Smith and it's a surprise." I replied a little annoyed.
"Is Joe the guy that you like?" Mum asks.
"Yes."
"I thought you said he had a girlfriend?" Mum said.
"He did but he dumped her, because he liked me!" I say.
"Just be careful okay, I just don't want you to get hurt." Mum said sternly.
"I WON'T GET HURT MUM, JOE LIKES ME. WHY CAN'T YOU BE HAPPY FOR ME!" I shout.
Mum looks taken back "DON'T SHOUT AT ME JAYDE! I'M JUST LOOKING OUT FOR YOU, SO PLEASE REMEMBER HE ISN'T BENJI, and please be careful." Mum shouts back.

"DON'T WORRY I WILL!" I scream as I walk into my bedroom slamming the door.

Mum and I never fight, I start getting ready for tonight he is picking me up at 5:00pm.
5:00pm
I'm waiting inside, I'm wearing my jeans, my white long sleeve top, my rancid t-shirt over top of that, my black sandals and I have my white handbag and a cream jumper with me.

Mum walks into the lounge room where I am sitting "So you're already huh? She asks.
"Yes!" I answer.
"Well you look nice." Mum said.
"Thanks." I mumble.

We both look away from each other the turn to face each other.

"I'm so sorry" we both say at the same time.
"I will be careful, mum." I say and hug her.
"I know Jayde, I'm sorry for not trusting you before." Mum said.
"That's okay are we finished with the apologising now?" I ask.
"Yep." She says, as we hug each other again.

"Mum,"
"Yes."
"I'm nervous."
"Jayde you will be fine, you're beautiful, nice, friendly and caring. Don't worry if he doesn't like you then he must have something wrong with him."
"okay." I say laughing.


Doorbell rings.

Mum and I smiled at each other, I grab my handbag and jacket and head for the door.
I open the door, Joe is standing there smiling at me.

"Hey," I say nervously.
"Hey, you look nice." Joe said smiling again.

Mum walked over to the door.

"Hi, I'm Jane." Mum said as Joe put out his hand.
"Joe smith." He said.
"Well guys have fun and be home before eleven." Mum said as me and Joe walked out of my house and got into his car.

*

Benji Pov

I'm sitting in my bedroom in the attic, lucky I've never shown Jayde in my house she would probably never talk to me again if she knew that my bedroom is the attic.
Mind you that is Joel's fault, mum and dad think he is the angel child who does nothing wrong in there eyes, the same with Sarah and Josh. But I'm different, I'm the child that they don't want, the child they think is a mistake, all that I'm good for is being beat up by Joel or dad.

I hate it I've never done anything wrong to them, never. Mum is too blind to notice she thinks I give the bruises to myself, and Sarah and Josh just ignore it, so you could say that I'm left on my own.


Knock knock

The door opens and Joel comes in with Billy and Paul.

"Hey Benjamin, what are you doing? Dreaming about your Jayde?" He says snickering.
"No should I be?" I say.
Joel looks lost for words.
"Now I would love to stay and chat but I'm going for a walk, so if you don't mind I would like you to get out of my room!" I say.

*
Jayde pov

We are in his car and we pull up outside a fancy restaurant that I couldn't afford to pee in let alone eat.

"Well do you like it?" Joe asked.
"Um won't it be a bit expensive?" I ask.
"I'm paying so don't worry." He said.
"Are you sure, I don't want you spending too much money." I say.
"Jayde, its fine now come on lets go eat!" he says.
"Okay." I say as I undo my seatbelt and Joe opens the car door for me.

Joe locks the car and we walk into the restaurant, the waiter guides us to a table and we sit down.

We order our food then the waiter leaves.

"So Jayde, why do you hang around with Benji combs?" Jo asks slyly.
"Well Benji is a really nice person and he was the first friend I made here, why do you ask?" I said.
"Just curious," He says.

We eat our food and have desert, then we left and are back in the car it is 9:00, I notice on the clock in the car.
"Where are we going my house is that way?" I say pointing in the opposite direction.
"You'll see." Joe said.

I started to get a little freaked out we were going in the dark parts of Waldorf.

"Joe, can you please tell me where we are going." I ask.
"HERE!" he yells as he parks in a dark ally.
Joe undid his seatbelt and mine. Joe gets out of the car, he comes around opened my door "GET OUT!" he screams.

I get out of the car and run down the ally way, dammit it's a dead end. I turn around and Joe is right behind me he pushes me up against the wall and starts kissing me.

"JOE, GET OFF ME!" I yell scared.
But he doesn't he starts to rip at my shirt; I push him off me and run as fast as I can.

"HEY YOU LITTLE BITCH GET BACK HERE! JAYDE!" Joe yelled.

I keep running until I'm completely out of site then I open my handbag and grab my phone and ring mum.
"Mum can you come and get me please." I ask.
"What's happened? Where are you?" Mum said panicky.
"I'm near the mall, because I can see the lights." I say.
"I'm coming; I'll be there in a second hold on." Mum replied.

I hung up the phone and looked around at the deserted street; I can't believe that Joe tried to do that, I thought he liked me, I guess mum and Benji were right.

I look around and see a jeep pull up on near where I was standing, mum gets out and hugs me. I'm crying and I can't stop.

Mum helps me into the jeep and we drive off home.

"What happened? Where is Joe?" Mum asked.
"He....he tried to.......rape me...." I say crying again.
"HE WHAT!" mum yelled.
"Well don't worry Jayde we'll sort him out with the police later." Mum said angrily.
"Mum I don't want to go to the police can we just leave it." I say as I stop crying.
"We'll see. Are you alright?" mum asked.
"Yeah." I said.

We drove into the driveway and got out of the car. Once we were in the house I said "Mum I'm going to go to bed."
Mum hugged me, I could tell she was really worried "I'm fine mum." I say.

I walk into my room and Benji is lying on my bed, he has bruises all over his body and is crying.
Who gave him the bruises? Why is he crying? I wonder does it have something to do with Joel?
I walk over to Benji and hug him, he cries into my shoulder.
"What happened to you Benji?" I ask.

a/n here is a preview for chapter 4

"Leave me alone"
"You should know better than to run of on me."
"Please don't hurt, don't hurt................."

a/n Who is speaking? Who ran off? What are they going to hurt?
Please review I love getting reviews! I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Love always

Joal_Hilary xx
P.S Thank you to BenjisRiotGirl79 and myusedromance for the wonderful reviews!
Sign up to rate and review this story