Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > 20 Years Late

20 Years Late

by twiinklestar 4 reviews

Songfic to 20 Years Late by Aaron Lines. Odie's funeral and his friends last words to him. Third in the Trilogy to I'm Just A Kid.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-01-16 - Updated: 2007-01-17 - 1565 words - Complete

0Unrated
Fan Fiction One Shot :

[A/n: don't mind the lyrics when it says "20 years late" or "mom"]

20 Years Late by Aaron Lines

Hey mom I know that it's late, hope I didn't wake you
Yeah, everything is O.K., just needed to talk to you
Today I had one of those days
But I didn't call to complain
Just to say everything that I didn't for all of those years
You were a taxicab driver, a nurse and a maid
A waitress, a cook and a shoulder to lay
My head on to cry on, when nothing was going my way
You knew every answer without cracking a book
And I took for granted that I had it so good
And I'm sorry it's taken me so long to say
Thank you I love you
Twenty years late
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They all took it for granted, what they had. A good friend. His name was Odie. The day he died, the only thing his team could think of was that they never got to say thank-you, sorry or good bye. He was the one who would drive them places on his yellow vespa when Herry was sleeping and Theresa was out. He was the one who would nurse them back to health when they were sick. He was the one that helped Athena cook and clean the house on Saturday mornings. Sometimes when Herry was upset about something he would go to Odie and pour out his heart and soul into every word he said. Odie was his best friend and someone he could trust whenever and where ever. Odie was a super genius. Whenever somebody needed help with a question, they knew that they could go straight to Odie and he'd know the answer. Even the gods sometimes went to Odie for help. They were so sorry that they never got to tell him that they all loved him very much before he passed away.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's funny how time passing by can change your perspective
A little while out on your own can sure make you think
I don't know how you did it
No I can't find one spare minute
The days run together but I don't remember you
Ever letting us down
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was a sad time, yet it was funny how it takes one person to die, for you to realize the things you should have said. A little bit of time without him that day, made them all realize the things they should have said. Thank you. Sorry. Please. We love you. You're family. Good- Bye. They couldn't remember one time that Odie had let them down. Even when they thought that he had sided with Cronus, it was all just an act to trick Cronus into thinking Odie was bad. He was always there for them and they should have been there for him, especially now that he needed it most.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You were the judge and the jury when I did wrong
Been my biggest fan from my very first song
The gas in the engine that always kept me moving on
A seamstress a counselor and the one referee
That could cold stop a fight between my brother and me
And I'm sorry it's taken me so long to say
Thank you I love you
Twenty years late
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Odie was the judge when things went wrong. He could solve any problem with the smack of his palm. Whenever somebody did something against the rules he would think it through and come out with a good solution that everybody stuck with. When Atlanta had first started to learn the guitar, Odie wrote her lyrics and was her biggest fan. From the dorm room, to the high school stage. He was the one that kept the group going on. When they had to get the flowers in Persephone's garden, Odie was the one that kept them from turned to stone. He was the brains of the group and the smartest and wisest of them all. Unlike most boys, Odie could sew. He was actually pretty good. He would patch up their clothes and sew them together when Cronus had torn them apart with his scythes. Odie could stop a fight between Archie and anyone, whether it was their fearless leader or the spunky fiery red head or the beautiful drama queen. All he had to do was raise his voice and they would stop. Now that he wasn't here, how would they live without him? It would be total chaos. There would be fights, starving teens, ripped clothes, illnesses and not to mention the house would be a pig-sty.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll let you go now
But I hope that you know now how I feel
Thank you for making me the man I've become
I love you and I will always be your son
Mom that's all I called to say
Twenty years late
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Even thought they didn't want to, they had to bury their young friend. He was only 16 years of age when he died. At the funeral many people came and mourned for the loss of their brother, son, friend, nephew and grandson. Everybody wore black and many people's faces were tear streaked.

On the lawn, sat 48 white lawn chairs. 24 on each side. Up front of the chairs, centered in the middle was a black casket. On the rims in was decorated with square engravings. In the casket lay the small body of a teenage black boy with glasses and an afro. His eyes were shut and they had cleaned the blood off of his neck. A while blanket went up to his neck so that nobody could see the cut. His arms lay down at his sides and his legs were straight. A little bit to the left there was a wooden preacher stand with a small microphone attached. A small stool was set up behind it. Behind the chairs there was five blue limousines parked, picking up and dropping off people to the ceremony. People exited the limos and took their seats. A pianist played in the background. Jay was the first to come up and say something.

"Odie was a great friend. He was a smart friend too. He always knew the answers to everything and he was way smarter then me. He was only in grade 11 but took grade 12 classes. He could solve any problem without even thinking it through for more then five minutes. He helped us a lot during our troubles with enemies and in school. We will never forget him. Rest in peace Odie,"

"Rest in peace," muttered some people behind their cries.

Theresa was the next to come up. As soon as she saw the casket she broke down and Jay pulled her off of the stage. Archie came up next.

"Odie was the wisest person I have ever met. He always knew what to say when things were bad and he could lighten up the room with just one sentence. I could talk to him about any problems I wanted and he would tell me how to get through with them and how to make my way around them. I will never forget him,"

Atlanta was up next.

"Odie was like a little brother to me. He was kind and good at helping me bug my friends. He could create a master prank and made up the weirdest inventions, but that's what we loved about him. He was always happy and weird and wacky. He was a real mood upper,"

Neil was next.

"Odie was a cool little dude. He could patch up any clothing item without being able to see a seam. He knew lots of last minute zit creams of ways to fix your hair if it was greasy. Whenever I ran out of make up he could always use something to make more until I could buy something else. He was a good guy,"

Next was Herry.

"Odie was my best bud. He helped me study and we played video games together. We would pull pranks on the others and have the best times. I will miss him now that he is gone but I will always remember all of the good times we had," said Herry bowing his head.

People bowed their heads and got into the limos to go to the cemetery. Everybody got into the limos and were driven to the cemetery. At the cemetery, everybody gathered around the hole that was now destined for Odie's burial place. People cried. As the coffin was gently dropped into the whole people placed red and white roses on top of the coffin and wished Odie good luck in the next life. Archie, Atlanta, Jay, Theresa, Neil and Herry wished Odie the best of luck in Elysian Fields. They knew he'd be happy there. People started to leave but the seven teenagers stayed behind to watch the coffin be buried in soil. Herry had to be restrained from pulling his best friends fragile body out of the ground.

"No Herry! He had to rest," said Jay.

"Yeah man. He's happier now. He's in a better place," Archie reassured his friend.

When the soil was done it was padded down and grass was placed over top of it, along with his grave stone. It read,

Odie Sseus
A true hero,
A smart boy,
A good friend.
1991-2007

Brittany McMillan - 2007 - Ficwad.com©
Sign up to rate and review this story