Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The General Said I Would Have Days Like This

Meeting The In-Laws

by LadyFoxFire 4 reviews

Stargate SG1Harry Potter Sometime in life you have to do the one thing you absolutely dread to get the one thing you absolutely need or want, so you can do the one thing you have to do. And sometim...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover, Drama, Humor - Characters: Harry - Published: 2007-01-21 - Updated: 2007-01-21 - 3750 words

4Funny
A pair of intimidating Marines escorted Harry down the hall towards a meeting with the base's commanding officer.

"So what is this place?" Harry asked Jack O'Neill and Lou Ferretti who were accompanying him to the meeting.

"A military base," Lou answered with a straight face while his eyes crinkled in amusement because while he was answering Harry's question he wasn't answering them.

"Ah," Harry replied with a smirk since he knew this game very well, "and what goes on at this military base?"

A big cheesy grin appeared on Lou's face. "It's a secret," he said is an exaggerated whispered.

"So it's a secret military base," Harry states to which Lou grin getting even bigger while Jack rolls his eyes. "And what does Jack do on this secret military base?"

"He cause the general to eat antacids by the fistful," Lou stated as he glanced over to O'Neill who was trying not to smile.

Harry stops in mid steps and looks at Jack. "By the fistful?" he said to which Jack just shrugged his shoulders. "Not bad. I was able to drive the school nurse to an early retirement. In her farewell speech she listed my numerous visit to her hospital wing as the prime reason she was retiring."

Lou chuckled. "I'm sure Jack trying to do the same thing with Dr Fraiser but for some odd reason she keeps retaliating by she pulling out bigger and bigger needles."

"Ahh," Harry said in an understanding tone. "Do not mess with healers for they are evil and have many tests to inflict upon your body."

"Truer words were never spoken," O'Neill said with a slight shiver at some distant memory.

"Bad experience?" Harry asks Jack as a smirk graced his face.

Jack snorted as he leaned against the wall his arms crossed over his chest defensively while they waited for the elevator. "You can say so."

Harry raised an eyebrow questionly at Jack.

"So I take it you're a connoisseur of hospitals and doctors' offices?" Jack commented.

"You can say so," Harry said throwing Jack's words back at him. "I visited a number of different doctors when I was a kid."

"Were you sick?" Lou asked with a concern, as he looked Harry over as if to suddenly discover whatever mysterious illness Harry had.

"Not exactly," Harry replied as he emotionally started to shut down. "More like accident prone."

Lou and Jack shared a quick glance at each other as the elevator doors opened as Harry stepped in.


~*~


"... waiting for the DNA report for confirmation but from all indications, Mr. Potter is human," Dr Fraiser reported to those gathered in the conference room.

"And what have you figure out about the convulsions that both the Colonel and Potter are experiencing?" Major Carter asked as she fiddled with her pen

Janet sighed in frustration. "What we have now is inconclusive," Janet replied, "We know that direct skin to skin contact stops any convulsion may happen and that as long as Mr. Potter and the Colonel have regular contact it seems to prevent them also. However we're not sure what the trigger is. It could be a chemical excretion in the body's natural oils or sweet. It's also possible that it's a pheromone. We're not sure yet. Dr Wu is currently examining the samples we have. "

"I expect to be informed the moment Dr Wu has his preliminary report ready," General Hammond said as he jotted down a few notes.

"Yes sir," Dr Fraiser replied with a nod of her head.

"Did you discover anything else Dr Fraiser?" Hammond asked

Fraiser looked down at her notes, unconsciously licking her lips. "Yes." She said in a drawn out way. While it has no bearing on the currently situation, Mr. Potter has an unusual amount of scarring about his torso and upon his back. Some of the scars are similar to those made by a belt or whip, other appear to be knife wounds."

"Child abuse?" Daniel asked a haunted look flashed briefly across his face.

"That's a strong possibility," Janet replied grimly.

"Could it be possibly that scarring was result of this alien?" General Hammond suggested as he played devil advocate.

Fraiser shrugged her shoulders. "It's possible. We have no way of know how long Harry... I mean Mr. Potter was under the alien's control. It's also possible that the alien rescued him from an abuse environment. We just don't have enough information."

Hammond nodded his head absentmindedly, his brow furrowed in though.

At that moment a knock on the door intrupped the meeting. Private Sun opened the door. "Colonel O'Neill, Major Ferretti and Mr. Potter are here, sir," the Private announced as he held the door open.

"Thank you Private," Hammond said with a nod of his head.

"Jack," Hammond said with mix of fondness and a heavy dose of frustration.

"Sir," Jack relied with his typical 'I haven't done a thing' grin, to which the only thing General Hammond could do was to shake his head.

The General then turned his attention to the young man next to Colonel O'Neill. Noticing the young man's uneasy Hammond slipped into his grandfather persona he used with new recruits and nervous alien visitors.

"Mr. Potter," General Hammond said as he held out his hand to Harry as he projects the image of a kindly old man, who's going soft around the middle, "it's pleasure to meet you."

"Very smooth, General," Harry said his eyes hardening as if he was facing a hated enemy as he shook the General's hand. "If I didn't know any better I would almost believe what you just said."

Lou and Jack shared a glance at each other. This was not the Harry that they had just walked down the hall with.

"Son," Hammond's voice cared an unspoken warning as he refused to released Harry's hand.

Harry snorted. "Let's drop the kind grandfatherly type meets the naïve young man act. We're bother old war dogs. You... well I was going to say have more grey hairs" Harry glanced at Hammond bald head, "but I sure as hell have more blood on my hands than you ever will."

"I won't be so sure about that, Mr. Potter," Hammond growled as he finally released Harry's hand.

"Well since you don't know my past and I don't know yours we'll have to leave it at that," Harry growled.

Hammond's eyes narrow but he made no comment to Harry's statement.

Turning to those gathered around the conference table, "Allow me to introduce you to my staff," Hammond said as he. "Major Samantha Cater, DR Daniel Jackson, Murray and I believe you already know Dr Janet Fraiser, Colonel Jack O'Neill and Lt. Lou Ferrett." Hammond nodded to the two men flaking Harry.

Harry's eyes widening slightly at the introduction of Dr Jackson. "Dr Daniel Jackson the archaeologist? The one who present a paper of Egyptian pyramids being landing sites for aliens?" Harry asked

Daniel square his shoulders, his chin raised slightly. "I am," he replied in a defensive tone of voice.

"We're been trying to find you for ages," Harry said, the harden man Hammond had meet moments ago morphed into that of a less world wearily youth. "I think Bill given you up for dead."

Jack stepped forward so that he was more or less between Harry and Daniel. "Bill?" Jack said in a concern tone of voice. "Wasn't he the red head?"

"Yep," Harry replies very proud of himself for finding the missing archaeologist.

Daniel blinked a couple times as he tried to get caught up with Harry's suddenly personality change. "Umm... what did your friend Bill want?"

"Well Bill had read your paper and from what I understand he found something that confirm your theory," Harry explained as he sat down in the closest open chair to Daniel, "or at least he thinks they confirm your theory. He wanted to show them to you."

Daniel blinked a few times at Harry dumbly as his mind tried to catch up with what the young man had just said. "Do you know what it was?" he asked excitedly. "Have you seen it?"

"Umm a few," Harry stumbled uncertainly as he tried to remember. "There was some stone thingies with some funny writing on it which Bill says that they're weren't hieroglyphs or any of the other known written languages. His boss thinks it's it might be the language of the Old Ones but he wasn't too sure about that. A couple gold items that will glow for a moment if held but only by certain people. They didn't react to everyone just a few of us. There was some other stuff but I can't remember what they were I was kind of busy with other stuff and then Bill was busy searching for your name then for you. I know he was still trying to find you but then he found those snake thingies in the burial jars and..."

"Snake thingies?" General Hammond said the narrowing of his eyes the only sign of his carefully hidden concerns.

A distance look appeared in Harry's eyes as he pictured the creatures in his mind eyes. "Well maybe call them a snake isn't exactly right," he commented absent-mindedly. "They were more like an eel, a hooded eel but then again they do hissed like a snake. But on the other hand they seem to need water to survive like an eel. But they were differently evil," a shiver flowed through Harry's body, "they had that feel about them."

"Mr. Potter," General Hammond said in a firm voice, which seems to snap the young man out of his thoughts. "These snake thingies, have you seen them? Been in contact with them?"

Harry blinked at the General a couple of times. "Yes, sir," Harry said hesitantly. "Bill and his team was able to capture them alive after they were attacked them."

"How many of these snake thingies are there?"

"Five of them," Harry replied uneasily. "There was a sixth one but it died. Killed while they were trying to capture it.

"Mr. Potter," Major Carter spoke up for the first time," these creatures... did Bill tell you what happened? How they found the snake thingie or how they attacked?"

Harry looked around at those assembled at the conference table. Crossing his arms over his chest Harry leaned back into his chair. "You seem to be more interested in the snake thingie than what is happening with Jack and me," Harry stated.

To say you could hear a pin drop would not be an exaggeration at this moment in time.

"It's a matter of planetary security," Jack stated in a gruff tone, his arms crossed over his chest.

"Planetary security," Harry said his tone of voice and his body language was tell everyone that he wasn't going to tell them anything more.

"Mr. Potter," General Hammond said in a firm voice that the member of SG-1 were very used to especially when the General was dealing with either Dr Jackson or Colonel O'Neill. "This is an important matter. Please tell us what happened with those creatures."

Harry looked at Hammond, his face completely emotionless, for a moment or two before he simply shrugged his shoulders.

"Bill brought them to England for study," Harry explained. "A friend of ours, who has a talent for dangerous creature, could look at them and try to figure out what they were."

"Do you know where they are right now?" Major Carter asked.

"Dead. All of them," Harry stated simply as he waved a hand to dismiss their importance. "When Tic saw them she freaked out and demand that we kill them. She said they were dangerous and one learns to never argues with Tic."

"Tic?" Daniel said, asking what everyone was thinking

"Nickname," Harry explained with a shrug and a smirk. "Her real name is Luna."

"Luna Tic?" Lt. Ferretti said with a snort.

Harry grinned. "Trust me, it fits," Harry said.

"And afterwards, what did you do with them?" Carter asked steering the conversation back to the possible Goa'uld symbiote on Earth.

"We gave them to Snape. He probably has them chopped up into bits by now," Harry replied simply with an evil smirk to his face. "could have even fed them to one of his students."

"Fed them to his students!" Jack sputtered in outrage as he stared at Harry in disbelief.

"Will yeah," Harry said in such a way as if to ask what the big deal was. "Snape doesn't as he would say 'suffer dunderheads willingly' so there is a good possibility for him to follow up on his threat."

"Where in hell did you go to school," Lou asks in disbelief.

"A private school in Scotland," Harry replied with pride

"HarryPotter," Teal'c said, a raised eyebrow was his only reaction to Harry's blasé attitude, "would such behavior from a teacher be conceded to be normal?"

"No!" Jack exploded in outrage before Harry even had time to reply. "No it won't."

Harry thought for a moment. "No, Jack's right. Snape was better then most of my teacher. He didn't try to kill me or eat me."

The glass Daniel had been drinking from slipped from his finger as sprayed water across the table from his mouth. "Someone tried to eat you!" he exclaimed as he wipe the water from his mouth with the back of his hand.

"Well he did apologize in the morning," Harry said as if that made everything all right.

"What in fucking hell school did you go to," Jack whispered as he stared at Harry.

"A private one in Scotland," Harry replied once again.

Lou chuckled softly. "You're pulling our leg on this one, ain't you," he said with confidence that he figured everything out.

"Nope. My first year one of my teachers tried to kill me about 3 or 4 times. Second year... well we don't need to mention what he tried to do. Third year was Remus. He was the one who wanted to eat me. Fourth year was Moody who was really Couch JR who wanted to sacrifice me to his master. Fifth year was Umbitch who tortured me almost daily for more weeks than I want to mention and then tried to poison me...

"Where were all the other teachers while this was going on? Did you tell them?" Daniel asked

"They knew but it wasn't like they could do anything about it. Now the Headmaster, he wanted..." Harry was saying when suddenly Jack pulled Harry out of his chair and onto his lap.

The others shocked into silence at O'Neill's quick actions

"Umm... Hi," Harry said, his face turning bright red as Jack held him tight.

Jack hide is face within the crock of Harry's neck, hiding his embarrassment, his confusion, his shame. "What is going on with us? Why is this happening?" he whispered into Harry's neck.

"I'm sorry," Harry replied as leaned his head against Jack's, "this is my fault."

Jack raised his head to look at Harry. The embarrassment and shame in Jack's eyes bleed away only to leave behind confusion with a small dash of anger. "You're fault," he whispered as he pushed Harry away.

Slipping off Jack's lap Harry returned to his chair. "I had no choice but to form the bond. There was too much at stake not to."

"And why is that, son," Hammond inquired. "What exactly is this bond."

"It's a soul bond, sir" Harry said as he stared at his hand as he avoided looking at Jack or at anyone in the room. "That how Jack was summoned to us."

"Don't you mean kidnapped," Jack snapped before Hammond could ask for more of an explanation. "While I was in the shower, mind you."

"No," Harry drew that single word out in frustration. "You were summoned and you came willingly. You can't summon someone against their will. You wanted to come," Harry said firmly. "And as for you coming in the shower, that was your idea so don't blame me!" Harry stopped; his mouth slightly open. Harry blinked once. He blinked twice. "I didn't just say that, did I?" he said slowly as he realized what he had just said.

A few low chuckles could be heard as most people tried to avoid looking a Harry's blushing face or avoid getting caught by O'Neill's death glare.

Major Carter clears her throat. "Mr. Potter,"

"Harry?" Harry intruded her.

"Pardon?" Major Carter said in confusion

"My name is Harry," Harry stated, "only politician and government brown noses call me Mr. Potter. My friends call me Harry. And you don't want to know what my enemies call me."

"Harry," Major Carter said with a smile. "You said you summoned Jack for a soul bond," Carter continues on at the nod of Harry's head. "How did you do this and why?"

"That's something I want to know too," Jack growled as he tried to look menacing.

"Right," Harry sighs as he ran a hand through his hair. "Right," he says one again as he licked his lips. "I guess we should start at the beginning. Magic is real." Harry looks at his audience who worn a varies of expression from mystified to disbelieve and acceptance. "Elves, dragon, unicorn, witches, wizard, mermaid and other types of being; they exist."

"HarryPotter," Teal'c said, "I had been informed that such beings do not exist. That they at tales to tell to children"

"They were wrong," Harry said after a pause. "We exist but we remain separate from the rest of the world."

"Why?" Daniel asked, his tone of voice saying that while he didn't believe in what Harry was saying he believed that Harry believed in what he was saying.

Harry paused for a moment as he gathered his thoughts. "Have you ever wished for something? That your life was easier? That special girl or boy will suddenly fall deeply in love with you? That your enemies would die?"

Harry looked at everyone gather around the table before continuing.

"Then imagine finding out about people who could do this for you. What would you do? Would you beg and plead? Would you bribe them? Give them your children as payment so that they would fulfill your wishes? Or would you kidnap them or their children? Would you torture them until they did what you please? Would you punish them when they failed to please you?"

"The witch trails," Dr Fraiser said. "The Burning Times."

Harry nodded his head. "Most of those who died during those time were Muggles, non magic folks but a small group wasn't. Once and a while the witch hunters would be able to capture full-trained witch or wizard and if they weren't able to escape or injured they meet their end. But it was the Muggle born children, those who born to non magical parents but gifted with the ability to do magic, they were the ones who suffered the most." Harry paused for a moment to gather his thoughts. "It's always the children who pay the most."

A few member of those gather sat in silence as they think about what they had learn about that time period from school and how those accused of being witches suffered a cruel and horrible death.

"That was a terrible time in human history but hardly proof that magic exist," Carter said, firmly denying the chancing that magic does exist

"No, but I think that summon Jack from this base to my home is good indication that it might exist," Harry said with a smug smile on his face.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic," Cater replied

"And any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology," Harry countered. Harry leaned over towards Jack and in a stage whisper said, "I take it that she's the scientific type. Doesn't believe anything unless she see it, taste it and experiment on it and even they doesn't believe it."

"Harry," Carter said in a patient tone of voice, "I believe if you gave us a chance we could explain all of your so called magic."

A slight manic grin came to Harry's face as he bounced in his chair excitedly. "Does this mean I get to fry her brain?"

"What! "

"Fry her brain. I do that a lot to people," Harry explained as he looked around the room. "It normally happen when I do something that is impossible to do."

"Like what?" Hammond asked with dread.

"Living for one thing." Harry said as he started to name off things on his fingers. "Battle a 40 foot long snake that turns people to stone if you look at it. Survive an encounter with 40 soul sucking monster that want to eat my soul while I'm forced to relive my worst experience. A fire breathing dragon, blast ended skrewts....

"Is that something like a Ass-blaster?" Jack asked

"From Tremors 3?" Harry asked to which Jack nodded his head

"Not another B movie junkie," someone groaned which sounded a bit like Lt. Ferretti.

"Sort of. They do shot fire out of their as... behinds but they can't fly. Thankfully. I just hope Hagrid never sees that movie. He might want to try to breed Ass-blaster. Fighting a blast-ended skrewts... I think it was bigger than this table... was not fun I don't even want to think about having to fight an Ass-blaster," Harry said more to himself than to those in the room.

"You're insane, ain't you."

Harry though for a moment. "Yeap," he said suddenly a big cheesy grin on his face. "But I'm not homicidal insane... unless it concerns two no three people. And then there's my teachers, my school friends and some of their families... I won't mind torturing them. I was thinking of starting off with Barney... that purple dinosaur. Do you think that too cruel?"

"Maybe a tad," Jack said as he watched Harry with concern in his eyes as the young man next to him become more and more unstable.

"So start off with the Teletubbies?" Harry asked innocently after a moment of though. "I'm think the red one was gay or was it the blue one? I'm not really sure anymore. Sirius would know. He know everything."

"I believe it was the red one, Po, HarryPotter," Teal'c volunteered.

"Oh pleases," a voice said from behind General Hammond, "it's the purple one, Tinky Winky."

"Sirius," another voice said, "do you remember what I said about element of surprise?"

"Umm... no."
Sign up to rate and review this story