Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > The Best of Friends

Chapter 7: Blood and pain.

by Joal_Hilary 1 review

15 year old Jayde Mathews and 32 year old Jane Mathews move from Australia to Waldorf, Maryland. Jayde starts at La Plata high school and befriends Benjamin Combs. Read and review please.

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-01-22 - Updated: 2007-01-22 - 1417 words

0Unrated
Chapter 7: Blood and pain.
Benji Pov
I have been out of hospital for a while now but I am dying inside cause I'm at home laying on my bed and my dad kept hitting me over and over again telling me over and over again that he was going to hurt Jayde I will never forget what he said.
"I'm going to beat your little girlfriend to a pulp."
"Don't hurt Jayde!"
"I can if I want to!"
"DAD!!"
I hated it he kept yelling and screaming at me and I would say nothing. I bend down and look under my bed, where is it ahh there it is. Jayde would probably hate me if she found out about my box, but I just won't tell her. I grab the box and pull it out from under my bed, I open it up and inside it is my art journal, a scalpel, a piece of charcoal and two razors.

You may be thinking why she would hate me for the items in this box, well you see on the lid of the box there in blood is wrote "I painted a picture today, but my brush was a knife and my hand was the paper!...."
Also the box is painted black, it is kind of like a box of my past. I have some really depressing art work that I have drawn like the picture of my arm with blood all over it and I have also wrote some poems but some people would probably call me disturbed if they read any of them.

I look at the scalpel it looks so inviting, Don't Benji don't do it. I hear a knock at my door, I quickly pack the things back in my box and hide it back under my bed.
"Come in."
"Hey Benji."
"Jayde, what are you doing here?"
"I came to see you."
"How did you get in?"
"Well the front door was unlocked and I yelled out but no one heard me but then I heard a noise and came up hear. And sorry I thought you might want me to come and see you but it seems like you didn't so I'll just go."
"Jayde I want you to be here it's just I got a bit freaked out okay I'm sorry."
"It's okay Benji, I thought you might want to go get some coffee."
"That sounds good."
I quickly take the t-shirt I'm wearing off and I am grabbing my long sleeve one when Jayde says "Benji, what happened to you?"
I look down and remember all the bruises from dad today. "Dad."
Jayde looked down at her shoes not wanting to get in an argument about my family again.

I put the long sleeve top on and my black hoodie it looked rather cold outside.

Jayde and I walk down all the stairs out the front door and to the coffee shop.
I grab hold of Jayde's hand as we are walking.
"So how are you today?"
"Worried."
"About what, who's worrying you?"
"You Benji I'm worried about you."
"Hey I'm okay, just a couple of bruises, nothing big."
"I just hate you going home to this." She says looking up at my face that has a couple of bruises on it.
I stop Jayde from walking any further, hold on to her other hand and say "Jayde I am fine, and I don't want you to go worrying about me okay."
I give her a quick kiss on the lips then we start walking again.

We stop at the coffee shop and enter but unfortunately there is someone there who neither I nor Jayde wanted to see Joel Combs.

Jayde and I sit down at a table and she holds on tight to my hand. Joel moved and pulled his chair up next to us.

"Well if it isn't Benjamin and Jayde the cute little couple."
"Go away Joel."
"Don't you want to eat with your own brother; are you ashamed of me or something?"
"No, I'm not. I just don't want you annoying me or Jayde, so can you please go away Joel."
"Nope."
"JOEL GET LOST NOW!!"
"I can be here if I want to bro."

I stand up and start pushing him outside, "Hey Benjamin stop that."
As soon as we are outside I push Joel away from me and move to go back in the coffee shop, but Joel stepped in front of me and pushed me to the ground, I moved to get up but he pushed me down again.
Joel throws punch after punch at me and I am defenceless as he starts kicking me, when all of a sudden he stopped. I get up wondering why he stopped so suddenly, when I see Jayde standing in front of him slapping him hard across the face, bad move Jayde I thought.
Joel grabbed hold of her wrist tightly and started pulling her towards the house, I run after them, limping slightly because of my aching body.
"JOEL LET JAYDE GO NOW!" I scream as he starts pulling her inside the house.
I get inside after them just as Joel has tackled Jayde onto the couch. She was screaming and kicking at Joel.
I pull Joel off her and started hitting him, he hurt my girlfriend and now he was going to pay the price.

I slam Joel against the wall and yell for Jayde to run away, she pauses for a moment then runs out of the house.

"YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT JOEL, HOW DARE YOU EVEN TOUCH HER! I DON'T MIND YOU HURTING ME BUT HURTING JAYDE!"
I start punching Joel, then realise I'm being as bad as they are to me and run off.
Jayde is waiting outside for me tears streaming from her eyes, I walk up to her and wipe the tears away, wrap my arms around her waist protectively and kiss her lightly on the lips. "I'm sorry."
"Don't be sorry Benji it's not your fault."
"Yes it is."
"Benji don't blame yourself, now whether you like it or not you are coming back to my house."
"I hoped you would say that."
Jayde and I smile at each other. "I just have to get something from my room first though."
"Okay hurry."

I see Joel walk out of the house in the direction of Paul's house where most likely Billy would be also, I run into the house and up the stairs to my bedroom, I open an empty bag and start putting my clothes in it, once I have put all my clothes in there, I grab the small box under my bed and the little money I have in my money box and my small teddy that I had had since I was born. I rush out of the house and over to Jayde who looks in awe at the teddy bear I have.
"Nice teddy what's his name?"
"Peter."
"Peter who?"
"Pan."
"Aww that is so cute Benji, hey what's in this box."

I try to grab the box off her but she is to quick, she reads what is wrote on the lid and looks up at me worriedly. Jayde then takes the lid off and screams at the site of the contents, bloody razors and scalpels the sketch book with deathly drawings. She looks up at me horrified.

Jayde doesn't say a word and we walk in silence until we get inside her house and in the guest room.
"Benji, what? Why?"

I look down at my shoes hearing the disappointment in her voice. "I...I.."
"Benji there is fresh blood on this scalpel, show me your arms."
I shake my head as she comes over to me and rolls up my sleeves.
There is a fresh cut on my arm with blood still coming from it.

Jayde looks at me with sad eyes and runs off to her bedroom, I follow her but she slams the door shut in front of my eyes.


a/n well what will happen with Jayde and Benji now?

Here is a preview:
"I'm sorry Jayde."
"You hurt me so much."
"I know and I'm sorry."
Jayde and ? leant in and kissed, while a sad looking boy stood over in the corner watching them.

a/n Exciting isn't it!! Please review and I will be happy, but if you don't I will be a sad little girl SO REVIEW!! Lol

Love always
Joal_Hilary xx
Sign up to rate and review this story