Categories > Celebrities > Dir en grey > Dir en grey: Kokoro ga itai (My heart aches)..

Night at the Okami

by Konekochan 0 reviews

Its one month before the Blitz 5 days and Kaoru needs a pianist. He finds one alright, her name's Sayuri Rowe, a lonely young woman with an outgoing spirit.

Category: Dir en grey - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Die, Kaoru, Kyo, Shinya, Toshiya - Published: 2007-01-23 - Updated: 2007-01-23 - 2819 words

1Exciting
=Info=

Name: Sayuri Rowe
Nicknames: Sa, Sayu, Yuri
Age: 24
Date of birth: April 18, 1979
Hair: Dark brown
Eyes: Violet
Height: 5'00''
Hobbies: drawing, music, video games, martial arts, Gotcha
Occupation: Manga-ka/ Pianist
Background: Her father was American and her mother Japanese. Her father's name was Vincent Rowe and her mother is Yukiyo Takara. Vincent passed away when she was 10 years old. Yukiyo remarried, however her stepfather abused Sayuri. At age 16 she got fed up and managed to run away after a series of events that will be explained later. She moved in with her cousin who cared deeply for her and continued her studies. She is a manga-ka and pianist; she plays at a club during the nights. She doesn't want to go big in her music career. Even though she likes classical music, she is a rocker and won't let anyone define her. She's strong, determined, and outgoing; however she never lets her problems out and always keeps things to herself not really trusting anyone.


Chapter 1: Night at the Okami

Kaoru and Toshiya walked the night streets of Osaka; they were in an area that had various clubs and arcades. Kaoru was looking around for a club that was more classical music oriented, that held performances of musicians who played instruments like piano, violin, flutes, etc. But he was looking for someone who was a pianist, since the one that played the songs that had piano parts in them had renounced and no one else had come even close to the kind of playing Kaoru was looking for...and the 5 day performance at Akasaka Blitz was just 1 month away, and they needed piano for some songs, especially Jealous reverse which was only Kyo and the piano accompanying.

"Oi Kaoru give it up we've been looking forever, why not just use the recorded piano in the tour?" suggested Toshiya, who instead of helping find a club was reading a new manga he bought. And somehow he was managing to read with the dark sunglasses he was wearing to hide his identity as well as a beanie, just in case of fan attacks.
"Toshiya I told you, I want it to be authentic, I don't want a recorded piano playing in the tour, even if it's for some songs. And what crappy manga did you buy this time, more hentai?" asked Kaoru who was wearing sunglasses as well and a hat, as he kept looking at the clubs.
"Iie, this one is new and it isn't hentai it's actually really cool you should try reading it after I'm done with it. It's called Logos and it's the first volume from a new artist, her name's Rowe Sayuri, and it's about a rock band who one day find themselves with strange powers and it's something about restoring the order with spirits, demons, and other beings co-existing with humans. Actually it's kinda confusing, that's what keeps you reading it cause something happens and then it completely changes and results to be something way different. It's actually getting some fame, and volume 2 is coming out soon." finished Toshiya with a grin and Kaoru looking at him perplexed for talking so much and so fast in so little time.
"Wow Toshiya you're sounding like a fanboy, and Rowe that last name isn't japanese, weird usually successful manga-ka are fully japanese...oh hey this place looks promising let's check it out." said Kaoru signaling to a modern looking club that had a dark blue neon that read 'Okami'.
"Okami? I hope there aren't any wolves in there." said Toshiya as he and Kaoru entered. The place had a tranquil and relaxing atmosphere, and the space was wide and comfortable. The walls were either grey, electric blue, or white decorated with surrealistic paintings and metal designs. Extravagant lamps coming from the walls lit the place all over, and the ceiling lights flashed slowly keeping the atmosphere. There was a bar to their left and couches with tables to their right, also there were spiraling stairs that led to a second floor. At the very back was the stage were the musicians played. Kaoru and Toshiya still admiring the place, both took a seat in a free two person couch near the stage.
"Wow this place is very classy, and relaxing, very different from clubs were people are dancing all over each other." Toshiya said chuckling a bit.
"Yeah I never thought we'd find a place like this here. Well lets just wait for a pianist to come on stage." said Kaoru laying back in the couch watching a violinist playing with a vocalist accompanying with soft vocals.
"How can you be so sure a pianist is gonna play?" asked Toshiya arching an eyebrow. Kaoru simply pointed to a piano that was at the back of the stage,
"Oh ok, well I'm gonna get us some drinks while we wait." said Toshiya scratching his head and walking over to the bar. When Toshiya came back the musicians on stage finished and a woman came out from backstage and spoke into the microphone.
"Ladies and gentlemen, please give a warm welcome to Sayuri." said the woman and went backstage as everyone clapped and whistled, Toshiya and Kaoru clapping as well.
"Hey her name's the same as the manga-ka of Logos." said Toshiya grinning his toothy grin.
"Yeah what a coincidence." said Kaoru, and right then Sayuri entered and sat in her piano seat the lights focusing on her as the public clapped even more at her entrance. She seemed short, her skin was fairly pale but not too much, she had nice curves, and had a fine posture. Her hair was dark brown with red and orange streaks all over her hair, which was shoulder length but with uneven strands, some being shorter and some longer, the longer falling at breast length. She wore a long wide sleeved button up white shirt with a black vest over it, a long black grey striped skirt that opened in the sides stopping at mid thigh, and black boots with a low heel. Her face looked soft and fragile; however the look on her face was serious, strong and sophisticated.
"Quicksilver..." she said into the microphone as everyone went silent, even Toshiya and Kaoru. She began playing a melancholic, and yet melodic tune on the piano, her fingers seemed to float softly and her eyes never met the keys; they simply stared at something invisible in front of her. And then she began singing...

{Such shame in me
You're the only love
I'm letting it happen
Silver and no blaming
Your ending love it
It's clouding my heart out
Leave it
Give you is so
Let it flow, let it low
Rain, is love you stay
Please only use just what is silver}

She finished playing the piano softly, and just as she stopped everyone clapped and cheered. Kaoru and Toshiya were both very impressed at her playing and the emotion she put into it.
"Wow...that was incredible, she's amazing. Did you see that, her eyes never met the piano while she played." said Toshiya as he finished clapping.
"Yeah I'm very impressed to say the least, for now I think we have a winner." said Kaoru as now Sayuri took a jar with papers inside from the same woman who announced her.
"Do you guys want requests tonight?" she asked into the microphone with a smirk on her face and everyone shouted a 'YES!' in approval. She reached in the jar and took out a piece of paper, unfolded it and read.
"Remember if I don't know the song I'll just take out another." she said keeping the crowd waiting just to tease as everyone cheered again.
"Ok ok, I know this one, its... Jealous reverse by Dir en grey." she said and everyone cheered, Kaoru's jaw dropped at the coincidence, but it was a convenience since he got to hear her play and sing their song.
"Woooyeah! I love those guys they rock!" yelled Toshiya in an annoying tone standing up and being pulled down by Kaoru as everyone looked at him like he was crazy.
"Gomen, he's retarded, ignore him." said Kaoru as he gave Toshiya a little glare and Sayuri just shrugged, closed her eyes, took a deep breath and began playing softly and gracefully. And then she began singing...

{kare ni mayoidashita ano hi kara
nazeta kokoro ga kyozetsu shiteita
kare no sugata ga henkei shite yuku
tooku amari ni mo chikasugite
kamen o kaburou ka? kane no mae de wa
hikitsuru kao o kakuseru kara
karada ni mayou watashi no kokoro wa
itsu no hini ka hanarete yuku
doku no hana you ni saite miseru wa
soshite kaerizaku hana to nara
kokoro wa kitzusuite iyasezu ni
iroasete yuku
ai wa kuzure yuku naka de hana to sakimidarete...
mou mukashi no you ni waraenaku natta
kare o ai shita watashi de wa nai
ichido dake nigatsu no ano yoru ni
midareruhito o daiteita
ai suru 'anata' wasurerarezu
kokoro wa kitzusuite iyasezu ni
iroasete yuku
ai wa kuzure yuku naka de hana to sakimidarete...}

She finished singing and shortly after finished with the piano, her fingers gliding gently over the keys. Her singing was very emotional and her voice was not too high, or too low. Even the piano seemed to express her emotions. It was like she could live the song and feel every word of it deep in her heart. The public stayed quiet for a while but then burst out clapping and cheering as Sayuri raised her head and smiled a bit nodding her head in thanks.
"Arigato and good night." she said and with that she exited the stage as another pair of musicians came on. Both Kaoru and Toshiya were speechless, not even their last pianist played like that.
"Kaoru...I really think she's a winner...you know what she reminds me of Kyo, of course Kyo's voice is unique but the feeling she put to it was like she was the one who wrote and composed the song, like her fingers also put emotion to the piano..." said Toshiya, amazing for him to actually compliment someone like that and using correct words.
"Hai Toshiya, I agree she really does live what she plays and sings. Come on let's go get us a backstage pass." said Kaoru as Toshiya nodded and they both went over to a waitress serving drinks.
"Hey waitress chick can we go backstage to meet Sayuri?" asked Toshiya flashing his toothy smile, as the waitress looked at him weird raising an eyebrow.
"Sorry no one is allowed to go backstage unless one of the musicians invited you and you have an invitation, or you are part of the staff of this club." she said simply and was about to walk away when Kaoru gently grabbed her arm and pulled her back.
"Look this is the first we're here, and we're very interested in meeting Sayuri, can you just tell her its kinda important?" said Kaoru very politely and he took off his sunglasses to show the girl who he was hoping of course that she recognized.
"Oh my-" she started with wide eyes but Toshiya covered her mouth.
"Shhssshhh don't want to bring attention...so we have a deal?" asked Toshiya as he uncovered her mouth and she nodded rapidly.
"Of course of course anything for you guys." she said.
"Ok cool then as appreciation for your cooperation, here's a backstage pass for the Akasaka Blitz, well kinda, but you have to keep your mouth shut about us being here and that we asked for Sayuri, or else we'll hate you. Just attach it to your ticket and show it to security personnel when you go see us." said Kaoru taking out a piece of paper and a pen and writing a small letter, that said it was an authorized backstage pass personally made by him, and he signed it handing it to the stunned waitress.
"Arigato arigato gozaimasu, ok I'll go get Sayuri now just wait here." she said and hurried off to get her.
"Nice going Kaoru, you now Kyo will hate having a fan backstage." said Toshiya laughing.
"I know, but who cares it's for the sake of a good pianist." Kaoru said as they waited.
After a few minutes the waitress came back with Sayuri behind her.
"Here she is, and arigato again." she said happily and went off to her work as Sayuri stood there looking at them with a confused look.
"Etto you guys wanted to see me? Aka said it was important." she asked with a calm look on her face crossing her arms over her chest.
"Oh yes, you see my band and I are in need of a pianist since some of our songs have piano parts, and our next concert is in a month, and we really liked how you play and we were hoping you would play for us. Of course we will pay you." said Kaoru very politely.
"Well, I have to think about it, you see I play here every night and I would have to make arranges in my agenda. Anyways I don't think you've introduced yourself or your band." she said looking at them expectantly.
"Oh gomen gomen, can we go umm upstairs it seems more quiet up there and not too many people." suggested Kaoru and Sayuri shrugged and nodded leading them upstairs and finding a large couch in a corner isolated from the dance floor upstairs.
"Ok..." said Kaoru taking off his sunglasses and hat. "Niikura Kaoru, leader of the band Dir en grey." he said bowing his head to her.
"And Hara Toshimasa bassist of Dir en grey, just call me Toshiya." he said grinning.
Sayuri laughed realizing now who they were.
"Wow what a coincidence, you guys were sitting there the whole time and I just happened to be playing one of your songs as a request. Anyways my whole name is Rowe Sayuri." she said smiling and bowing her head to them.
"Holy shit you're the manga-ka of Logos! Damn I never thought it was really you. Sugoi are your eyes naturally violet?" said Toshiya fanboyishly, as Sayuri scratched her head and laughed at him.
"Wait you're not going fangirly on us?" asked Kaoru expecting a fangirl attack.
"Ok first question, yes Toshiya they are naturally this color. And hell no, just because you guys are famous, and I admire your music, doesn't mean I'll go crazy. Really, I think sometimes some fans forget that artists and celebrities are also human, no different than us. So I treat artists I meet the same I would like to be treated; not worshiped. But its an honor meeting you guys." she said smiling at him.
"Phew that's a relieve, and thanks its true sometimes fans worship us like gods. Anyways, to what we wanted to discuss, what do you say Sayuri, could you please play the piano for us? We'll make sure to pay you well and arrangements with your work would be the least of your problems." Kaoru asked politely hoping she would consider it well and accept.
"Well...ok ok I will, after all I don't get to play for artists everyday." said Sayuri accepting.
"Good, thank you very much you just got my stress down, anyways here is were we meet for practice, be sure to be there tomorrow at 10am." said Kaoru writing down the address of the studio and handing it to her.
"If you can't find the way I'll pick you up and take you there." said Toshiya smirking.
"No thanks, I think I'm capable of following this address." she said putting the piece of paper in her vest pocket.
"Well Sayuri, its been a pleasure meeting you, we must be heading now so see ya tomorrow ne?" said Kaoru getting up to leave putting his sunglasses and hat back on as well as Toshiya.
"Likewise Kaoru-san, have a good night, you too Toshiya." she said bowing her head and smiling.
"Yeah it was great meeting you...oh and before I leave, could you please sign my copy of Logos?" asked Toshiya bending down to her height exposing the manga, looking at her with puppy eyes.
"Sure." she said chuckling and signing the copy of her manga.
"Oh arigato gozaimasu Sayuri-chan, good night then." he said waving at her as he left with Kaoru who teased him of being a rub in fanboy.
Sayuri watched them leave as she took out the piece of paper and read the address again.
"Playing for Dir en grey...maybe something good will come of this..." she said putting the paper back in the pocket and reached in her other pocket and took out an inhaler for asthma. She put in her mouth and pressed it; taking in a deep breath and feeling the medicine go into her lungs.
Sign up to rate and review this story