Categories > Celebrities > Dir en grey > Dir en grey: Kokoro ga itai (My heart aches)..

Memorabilia

by Konekochan 2 reviews

Sayuri meets the rest of Dir en grey, however Kyo doesn't seem to cope with her. Will Sayuri stand Kyo's rude attitude towards her?

Category: Dir en grey - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Die, Kaoru, Kyo, Shinya, Toshiya - Published: 2007-01-24 - Updated: 2007-01-25 - 3081 words

2Exciting
Chapter 2: Memorabilia


The next morning Sayuri got up early just to make sure she didn't oversleep. She got ready to go to Dir en grey's; she put on her washed out jeans, a light gray long tank top with a dark gray short vest over it, on her left arm she wore a black glove that covered from her shoulder to part of her hand and tied around her middle finger exposing all her fingers, and on her right arm she just wore a black bracelet. Around her neck she wore a chain with a circular pendant; it was a lilac crystal orb with little diamond like crystals embedded to it like spots.
She drove to the address she was given without much trouble. She arrived at a gate and beyond that gate was the house. She pressed the button on the intercom at the gate and waited for an answer.
"Yeah, who is it?" asked a calm guy from the other side; Sayuri guessed it must'ave been Shinya.
"Yeah I'm Rowe Sayuri, Kaoru-san told me to come to this address." she answered.
"Oh great you're here Kaoru told me about you, I'll open the gate for you." he said and the gate opened and she went in parking her car were she saw the other cars were parked.
She got out and went to the front door and before she could knock someone opened it.
"Oh hey you're Sayuri ne? I'm Shinya, nice meeting you." said Shinya smiling bowing to her.
"Yeah I'm Sayuri, pleasure meeting you Shinya-san." she said bowing back to him.
"Well come in, please no formalities, let me get the others." he said leading her inside and calling out for the other guys.
"Sayuri hey you made it!" said Toshiya's cheerful voice as he came running down the stairs and shaking Sayuri's hand effusively.
"Duh, told you I would Toshiya." she said laughing at his cheerfulness.
"Hey don't party without me." said Die as he came in from the kitchen, and eyed Sayuri quickly smirking. "So you're the babe." he said grinning and gaining a deadly glare from Sayuri.
"Eep! O_O Kowaii!" he yelped hiding behind Shinya.
"First warning since you just met me; never call me babe and that goes for all of you." she said warningly crossing her arms.
"Oh ok ok, gomen. So let's start over; Hi I'm Die, and you must be Sayuri-chan. ^^" he said smiling brightly.
"Yes I am, glad to meet you Die." she said smiling back, just then Kaoru came down stairs.
"Oh cool you're here, and early, that shows you're responsibility. Well the studio is downstairs, the sooner we start the better." he said starting to lead her, along with the others, to the stairs that led to the studio.
"Hey wait isn't someone missing, the vocalist?" she asked noticing Kyo wasn't with them.
"Oh that lazy ass right, he should be getting up now I put all the alarm clocks in this house in his room while he slept, so he should be here soon-" said Kaoru but was cut off by Kyo's growl behind them. He was in a pair of jeans and a baggy black T-shirt, and his hair was all messy.
"Nice going dumb ass, you just have to ruin my morning with ten roaring fucking alarm clocks. I hate you Kaoru I don't care if you're the Leader, you should respect the fucking sleep I require and my fucking bloody privacy for fuck's sake, that's why I hate staying over here." he complained ignoring Sayuri's presence completely as she simply stared at him weird.
"Kyo if Kaoru didn't do that you'd be asleep till 3pm, and we have practice now." said Shinya as Kyo just scoffed at him and he finally noticed Sayuri.
"And who the hell is she?" he asked bored but scowling at her, however she kept her serious look.
"Kyo this is Sayuri, Sayuri Kyo, remember the pianist Kaoru and I told you about last night?" said Toshiya smiling and putting his hands on Sayuri's shoulders.
"You didn't tell me anything." said Kyo simply.
"Yes we did, you were reading a book and you just grunted when we told you." said Kaoru raising an eyebrow at him.
"Then I was asleep, if the book was in my lap open I was sleeping and probly just grunted because I was dreaming." he said grumpily.
"See! I told you he was fucking sleeping, his fucking eyes were sealed shut and you thought he was looking down! XD" Die teased laughing as he got a scowl from Kaoru and Kyo just rolled his eyes at him, and thus began a senseless discussion regarding Kyo's sleep.
"Ok, are you guys done with retarded discussions, today I have to be at 1pm at a reunion with my manga assistants and then with the company that distributes the manga." said Sayuri breaking the senseless discussion.
"Yeah she's right let's just get started." said Kaoru and they headed down to the studio.
"And I didn't even have breakfast..." Kyo mumbled to himself.
"Here. Eat it. Breakfast in a bar." Sayuri said taking his hand and putting an energy bar in his hand. "And it tastes good so don't complain." she said and continued downstairs as Kyo pouted staring at her and then at the bar.
"Great, a food rectangle..." he said twitching his lip as he looked at the bar consisting of granola, nuts, and other stuff, but he ended up eating it anyways.

+Later+

"Nice Sayuri, you play very well all the songs with piano, see they're not too many so you don't have to hassle...so let's practice the last one, Jealous reverse, this is the big one its only you and Kyo now." said Kaoru putting down his guitar and sitting down in a couch along with Die, Toshiya and Shinya.
"Yeah play it as well as you did in the club. ^^" said Toshiya giving her two thumbs up. Sayuri smiled and nodded at him.
"I'll try Toshiya-kun." she said as she stretched her fingers and Kyo scoffed and scowled at her for a sec.
"Just don't screw it up..." said Kyo being hostile and taking his glance away from her and back to his microphone as she just glared at his back.
"Just ignore him he's like that when he meets new people, you'll get used to the Warumono." said Die slumping back on the couch.
"Ok Sayuri you can begin now." said Kaoru crossing his arms and legs and watching how the two would perform together.
Sayuri took a deep breath and again looked at something invisible in front of her and her fingers began playing the melody. Kyo took a quick glance observing how she played with her gaze lost, and then he began singing taking his gaze away from her.
After a while Kyo finished and shortly followed Sayuri playing the last notes, bowing her head forward causing her hair to cover her face. The others stayed silent and then began clapping.
"That was wonderful, beautiful, you two make a perfect duo." said Kaoru standing up looking at Sayuri who now raised her head.
"Whatever...she did all right..." was all Kyo said as he walked over to the couch and just sat there. Sayuri frowned at his arrogance but just ignored him.
"Wow I don't how you're not a famous musician." said Die smiling as Sayuri got up.
"Nah I don't want that, I got an offer for that but turned it down, I really don't want fame, its enough as a manga-ka now." she said smiling faintly.
"Its weird..." said Shinya simply as Sayuri cocked her head to the side confused.
"Hmm, what is?" she asked.
"That you act so normal around us, like you know us." said Shinya.
"Oh, well I'm always like that, I've never been shy I guess, people say I'm very social though I don't consider myself like that, I hardly have any friends." she said smiling faintly.
"Really? But you seem so friendly..." said Toshiya pouting.
"Well, that's how my life is..." she said.
"Maybe you're just too egocentrical." said Kyo as she finished talking, with a rough look on his face, Sayuri glanced at him frowning but not from anger, more like confused, and yet understanding what he meant.
"Kyo! Don't- " Kaoru began but was cut off by Sayuri.
"Well, sorry guys I have business to attend to, gotta go." she said picking up her bag to leave.
"Aww so soon, well ok but be sure to be here for your next practice with us." said Die smiling down at her.
"Yeah here's the dates I set up for your practices with us, I hope there's no trouble." said Kaoru handing her a paper.
"Not at all Kaoru, thanks for having me here." she said as Toshiya offered to lead her outside.
"Mind if I show you out?" he asked.
"Not at all." she replied as she let Toshiya lead her as the others said 'Bye' and waved, except Kyo of course.

Outside Sayuri got in her car as Toshiya followed her all the way out.
"Hey don't mind Kyo, he can be a bit of an asshole when he meets new people, you'll get used to him." said Toshiya smiling at her through her open car window.
"Hey no big deal, I've dealt with worse attitudes." she said smiling reassuringly at him.
"Well ok if you say so, then until next time." said Toshiya stepping away.
"Sayonara." she said as she drove away.

While inside the studio the rest of the guys were arguing.
"Kyo what crawled up your ass this morning? You didn't have to be such a prick to her, I think you hurt her feelings." said Die scowling down at Kyo.
"Pfft, I just don't like her fucking attitude, she's all like she knows everyone, or knows everything, I hate that finesse of her." said Kyo putting a face of disgust.
"Still it doesn't mean you have to be an ass, I mean come on you're not that way when we have new staff members." said Kaoru seriously.
"Look could you all just drop it, and let's finish the practice so I can go home." said Kyo getting up walking over to his microphone.
"Sure, always avoiding conversations..." said Kaoru quietly to himself so Kyo didn't hear him.

+Later+

It was late at night and Sayuri just got back to her apartment, she left her shoes and bag thrown in a couch in the living room and made her way to her bathroom. She took off her clothes staying only in her underwear as she rested her hands on the sink counter and looked at herself in the mirror.
"Egocentrical...maybe you are too egocentrical...I wonder...do other people think that?....Is my mask beginning to break down?" she said to herself frowning, thinking over about what Kyo had said about her. It was right to some point, she focused too much on herself and kept things to herself...but she had her reasons.
"What does he know he doesn't know me at all, and neither do the others...Maybe he saw through my mask..." she said looking intently into her own violet eyes. Her eyes then gazed down from her left arm down to her left thigh; both were surrounded by a spiral scar. The one on her arm started just below her shoulder and continued around her arm down to her wrist, and on her leg it spiraled from the start of her thigh down to a bit above her knee.
"I hate you...I hate you so fucking much you motherfucking bastard...I hope you're still suffering from everything you did to me..." she said frowning angrily, her face mixed with disgust as well as she looked at her scars, as she remembered the night she managed to escape from her stepfather. She began to feel need of air as the memories replayed in her mind and quickly took her inhaler, pressing it and once again taking a deep breath, calming herself.
"Just let it go Sayuri, its over now...You don't need anyone but yourself..." she said sighing, knowing that deep inside she wanted more than the friendship and care from her cousin...she wanted real friends, she didn't want to be alone any longer.

+2 weeks before Blitz 5days+

Sayuri woke up to the sound of her alarm clock; she hardly got any sleep last night and today she had practice with Dir en grey. The last day she had been dealing with a problem with the publishers of her manga, she dealt with it alright, but the drive to their office was a 2 hour drive. Then she played at the club like any other night, and then headed home. However she was exhausted and her asthma wasn't really helping let her get a whole night sleep, so she didn't wake up on a very good mood or with great energy. Like always she wore something that covered her left arm and leg, however she was wearing a long sleeved surfing shirt because of the beginning summer heat, accompanied by capri pants and a pair of sandals. The last practices had been fairly normal; Kyo at least managed to say a simple 'Hi' when she greeted him, but mainly he just ignored her and she did the same.

+Later over at the Dir en grey studio/house+

Kaoru looked at Sayuri playing on the keyboard, noticing she was looking at her fingers playing. He noticed as well that she looked sleepy and with low energy, which made him worry a bit. As they finished playing Cage Kaoru walked over to Sayuri.
"Sayuri, are you feeling well? If you're not you can go home." he said politely looking down at her.
"Iie, I'm fine Kaoru, yesterday was just a bit of a rough day, don't worry." she said forcing herself to manage a smile.
"Well if you say so...then let's move on to Jealous" he said stepping away as she nodded.
She waited for Kyo to get ready and when she saw he was, she began playing, again looking at her fingers play. The others, who were used to seeing her play without looking at the keyboard, looked a bit confused and worried at her. Then around the middle of the song Sayuri screwed up, gaining a glare from Kyo who stopped singing immediately.
"Agh, I'm sorry, I got mixed up." she said sighing frustrated and stretching her fingers nervously.
"No no, it's ok, just do it again but don't be so hard on yourself." said Kaoru reassuring her.
"Yeah, you never screw up, so don't worry." said Shinya.
"Yeah you rock girl go on!" cheered Toshiya.
"Whatever you do don't look at Kyo." joked Die.
Kyo just stayed silent scowling as he waited for her to start. Sayuri, again, began playing, but just as Kyo started singing she screwed up again.
"Damn it! I'm sorry, I'm just-" she said but was cut off by Kyo.
"Just save it! If you can't play it right, then go home and come back when your mind isn't full of shit." Kyo snapped at her angrily and coldly, Sayuri just stared at him with wide eyes, but she glared back at him and got up stomping over to him.
"I CAN play this! And just so you know, yesterday was a very fucking ass of a day for me, so just bear with me you impatient midget." she snapped back glaring at him, the others got up trying to break them up.
"Midget?! Well look who's talking you idiot, you're shorter than me! Sissy!" he snapped back, inching his frowning face closer to hers.
"Guy-" Die started but was cut off quickly by Sayuri.
"Blondie!" she yelled.
"Chicken!" yelled Kyo.
"Dipshit!" yelled Sayuri.
"Stupid little whore!" yelled Kyo and at this Sayuri's angered face disappeared, though she still frowned. She felt her eyes water but she didn't let any tears out, Kyo continued glaring at her, a bit confused cause she stopped snapping back, he just figured he really insulted her.
"Kyo! Will you grow up and-" Kaoru began but he stopped when he saw Sayuri running to get her bag and heading for the stairs.
"Sayuri wait!" Kaoru called after her as Toshiya grabbed her arm, only to be backslapped hard on the face by her free hand, as she jerked away the arm he grabbed.
"Don't touch me!...Just leave me alone...." she yelled and whispered the last part, her voice beginning to break as she ran away outside, got in her car and drove away.

'Damn...I really did it this time, I'm such an idiot, why did I have to fucking overreact...' Kyo thought to himself, beginning to feel bad afterwards, he really hated it when people got hurt because of him.
"Fuck Kyo you just had to be a fucking asshole huh?!" Kaoru yelled at Kyo as they all sat at the living room.
"Kaoru shut it! Don't you think I'm already mad at myself?!" Kyo snapped back trying to avoid the others gazes.
"But you didn't even give her a chance! Since the day you met her you've been a total prick around her I don't get why?" Die said pissed off as well.
"Great and the concerts at Blitz is in 2 weeks...how are we gonna get her back? Cause I agree with Kaoru, piano sounds so much better played at the moment than recorded." said Shinya resting his head in his hands.
"Well we obviously have to find a way to get her back...." said Toshiya thoughtful and right then all gazes turned directly to Kyo.
"Nani?...Oh no, I am NOT going to beg her to come back, even if her piano playing is amazing I don't care..." Kyo said crossing his arms and looking the other way.
"Kyo...you're the one who insulted her, you're the one who's been all grumpy around her since she got here, so you're the one who's gonna apologize to her, and well you did say you were mad at yourself, so even the more reason cause you feel bad for it." Kaoru said in his Leader pose looking at the pouting Kyo who sighed in defeat.
"Don't blame me if I can't get her to come back then." he scoffed thinking how the hell he was gonna do that.
Sign up to rate and review this story