Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > Blood, Sweat, and Worry- Has finally paid off!

A Fake Stone!?

by NoZoMi17 0 reviews

The philosopher's stone!...is a fake!?

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst - Characters: Alphonse Elric, Edward Elric, Envy, Gluttony, Lust, Pride, Riza Hawkeye, Roy Mustang, Sloth, Wrath - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2007-01-24 - Updated: 2007-01-25 - 998 words

0Unrated
Al frantically ran through the streets where Eastern command was located while still holding his injured brother. He couldn't remember the way back to the headquarters, he was so excited about finding the stone that he wasn't paying attention, and now his brother's life depended on him. I need to hurry, brother is going to bleed to death before I can find my way back at this rate....It's all my fault. Al thought to himself. He cut through an alley way for a shortcut, only to find gluttony and wrath standing in his way.
"Hand him over tin can. I want what should be mine!" said Wrath holding his hand out towards Alphonse.
"Oooooo! Can I eat him?" asked Gluttony licking his lips.
"Now gluttony what have I told you?" said lust as she walked up behind Alphonse.
"Lust!? But we-" Alphonse said as he stared at the obviously not dead homunculus.
"Sorry kid, but you can't kill a homunculus unless you have the remains of what they were supposed to become. Remember?" asked lust mockingly. The next Al knew Envy had jumped off the building beside them, he looked up and smiled that same maniacle smile. Then, Sloth formed from the puddle adjacent to Envy.
"Face it! Your brother is ether going to die with you or be killed by us. You can't escape." Said Envy crossing his arms.
"Homunculi in front, homunculi in back. Yep your doomed sweetheart." Said sloth shaking her head. The homunculi began walking closer to Al, his mind desperately searching for a way out. He did the only thing he could think of, alchemy. He quickly sketched a transmutation circle on the ground and created a column of earth to hurtle towards Wrath and Gluttony. It knocked them far enough out of the way so that Al could get out of the crowded alley. He ran down the streets still looking for Eastern Command. Darn, I still don't see it anywhere. The homunculi are going to catch up with me, and I can't fight while trying to carry brother. He stopped running for a moment, as it started to rain.
"Great, it's raining." He looked to his left and saw a furniture store. "Well, I can't leave brother in the rain." In the window of the store was a couch, he walked up to it and kicked the window causing it to shatter. He gently laid his brother on the couch. "His jacket isn't going to keep him warm enough." He looked around in the store and found a blanket. He walked back to the couch and noticed that his brother was gritting his teeth in pain, and then relax. He laid the blanket on top of his brother and started to run back the way he came. Unfortunately, the homunculi found him first.
"Were do you think your going?" Asked sloth.
"Your not going to hurt my brother! I wont allow it!" Said Al raising his voice.
"I'm afraid you don't have a say in the matter" said lust.
"Besides, you want this don't you?" said Envy holding up a bright crimson stone.
"Is that...The Philosopher's Stone!?" Asked Al in surprise.
"It is. If you want it, then hand over your brother." Said Wrath.
"NEVER!" Al screamed.
"Then you will never get your body back!" Envy grinned. "Especially if I smash it." He closed his fist and squizzed.
"Fine. I wouldn't want it back if it meant sacrificing my brother." Said Al as he walked towards envy to look him in the eyes. Envy grinned even more and squizzed even harder, until they both heard a clap and Envy went flying in the air dropping the stone. Alphonse turned around.
"Brother!" Edward was kneeling on the ground in the rain with his hands placed on the ground. He looked up to see Alphonse's glowing eyes. Alphonse looked at his brother hands, soaked in blood. He then noticed blood dripping from his chin and mouth, and he was struggling to keep his eyes open. Al ran to his brother's side.
"A-Al...the...stone might be ... a fake." Ed said trying to stand, but failing miserably.
"Brother you shouldn't push yourself so much. Your only going to get more exhausted. Please leave this to me and rest." Said Al trying to persuade his stubborn brother from fighting.
"No Al. There...is something....I have to ...check." Edward's attempts at stand finally paid off. With his legs very shaky, he walked towards the stone.
"Look at you! Your so injured you can barely walk and breathe at the same time!" yelled Wrath as he pointed at Ed. Ed hated to admit it, but Wrath was right. He could barley breathe and walk at the same time, he hated it so much it sickened him.
"Shut up." Was all Ed could manage to say. He was extremely exhausted and was running out of time. He had lost enough blood to need a transfusion now, and that wasn't good thing. His breathing became more labored as he approached the red glowing rock. Sloth stretched out her arm and knocked Ed away from it. He landed on his stomach and gritted his teeth in pain.
"Brother!" Yelled Al as Envy came and grabbed hold of Al from behind. "Let go of me!" he yelled but to no avail.
"Sorry but we are going to have to say no." Said Sloth as she laughed in his face. Edward managed to get up and continue walking towards the stone. He knelt down and grabbed it. Now how do you use it? He thought. Someone came from behind him and grabbed hold of his ponytail.
"Ha Think you can use it? Go ahead, try it. I dare you!" said Wrath pulling Ed up by his hair. Ed looked at the stone, he clapped his hands allowing the stone to meet between them. A giant Flash of light appeared that engulfed the entire city. Then darkness overcame the light.
Sign up to rate and review this story