Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > Blood, Sweat, and Worry- Has finally paid off!

Finally

by NoZoMi17 0 reviews

Finally, what we've been searching for...

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst - Characters: Alphonse Elric, Edward Elric, Envy, Gluttony, Lust, Pride, Riza Hawkeye, Roy Mustang, Sloth, Wrath - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2007-01-24 - Updated: 2007-01-25 - 1091 words

0Unrated
Chapter 4

Alphonse opened his eyes. He looked around the room and then came to the realization of wait... I have eye lids? He held his hand to his face. Skin? He sat up almost immediately to see a familiar face smiling at him.
"Why Hello Alphonse. It's good to see you in the flesh." Said the woman.
"Lieutenant Hawkeye. Where am I?" Al asked confused. He didn't recognize the room and wasn't sure if he was going to like the answer.
"Your in the hospital wing of Eastern Command. When we found you, we weren't sure if you were injured so we brought you here as well as your brother." Al's eyes opened about five times there normal size.
"Where is my brother! Is he ok?" Al asked worried. Hawkeye wasn't sure how to answer that question.
"He is in the Intensive Care Unit. Maybe it's best if you don't-"
"What!? I have to go there!" Al said ready to leave the room in the hospital issued clothing.
"Al I think it's best if you don't."
"But why?" Al looked hawkeye in the eyes waiting for a response. Hawkeye gave in and handed him a robe. She walked Alphonse onto the elevator to the third floor. Al could see Mustang and Armstrong sitting outside a door.
"Colonel, He insisted sir." Said Hawkeye saluting to her superior. Roy nodded.
"Well, Al I am glad to see it worked, but your brother is in serious condition. [Al nodded] His ribs are broken, has a major concussion, internal bleeding, the list could go on and on." Al turned away knowing who had caused the majority of Ed's injuries. "He's so exhausted that he can't breathe on his own, but the nurse said that he should be able to be moved to a normal care ward later tomorrow morning. Don't worry Al, he went through all of this to bring you back that he isn't going to die now." Roy said placing a hand on Al's shoulder.
"Can I see him?" asked Al tears welling in his eyes. Roy nodded and opened the door and escorted Al inside. Al walked closer to the bed in the middle of the room. He could see that his brother had many bandages wrapped around his head and in other various places. There was a bag of red fluid attached to an ivy. It was feeding the red fluid into Ed. A blood transfusion? thought Al. He could see bruises from where he had hit him, and yet he noticed something else. His brother's right arm was flesh, not automail. Al smiled. He was glad to see that Ed also received what he had lost. Al saw the clear mask over Ed's mouth and nose, he frowned once again. He placed his hand over top his brother's and said "Don't worry brother, I'll be waiting when you wake up." He walked out of the room and back to his.
The next morning Al changed into normal clothes and walked with Hawkeye to see if they were going to move his brother to a different room. A question suddenly occurred to him.
"Lieutenant Hawkeye, how long has it been since you brought us here?" Asked Al
"Let's see, it would be two days ago last night." She said smiling.
"Really two days?" Al couldn't believe that he and his brother had been there for two days. What bothered him the most was the fact that Ed ad been unconscious the whole time. He looked up to see Colonel Mustang.
"Good news Al. They have moved Ed to a less intensive care ward of the hospital, it's the same floor your room is on." Al smiled.
"Great! Is he awake?" He asked with a fake smile.
"No, sorry. They don't know when he will. His injuries were pretty extensive and he did loose a lot of blood. Don't worry, they are pretty confident that he should anyway." That last statement didn't really help that worried nausea feeling in Al's stomach. "Here let me take you to his new room." He escorted Al to Ed's new room, opened the door and saluted. He walked out the door and closed it behind him. You'd better wake up soon Fullmetal or Al is going to worry himself to death Roy thought to himself with a smile.
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

It had been eight hours since Ed was moved to a different room. Al had gotten bored and fallen asleep in the chair beside his brother's bed. Ed was still sleeping, but not necessarily peacefully. His fever had caused his usually band of nightmares to come racing back. Al would occasionally wake up to ease his brother's cries of fear and then go back to sleep.. Visiting hours were over by now but Alphonse didn't care.
It was way past midnight. The moon was full that night and the stars were shining brightly. Alphonse snoring away unintentionally woke up his sleeping brother. Ed opened his golden eyes only to shut them immediately after feeling that stinging pain in his head. Al's snoring only amplified it. He lifted his right to hit al on the head and tell him to shut up, or attempted to anyway. His arm wouldn't move.
"What the Heck?" he said to himself. Alphonse stirred and raised his head.
"Brother!" Al said excitement evident in his voice. Ed looked at his brother and noticed something different.
"So it wasn't a fake huh?" he said smiling a weak smile. Alphonse shook his head. "Al I can't move, my body feels heavy." Ed said wondering why he couldn't hit his brother earlier.
"That's because they gave you morphine and your still too weak to try and move around. Sorry but it was to numb your pain and keep you in bed." Said Al rubbing the back of his own head with a mischievous smile.
"That was a cruel trick." Said Ed sarcastically. He looked at his arm smiled. "Looks like Winry wont have her best costumer coming to visit for repairs anymore." Al smiled and then turned away. "Whats wrong Al?"
"I...It's my fault you're here...it's my fault you almost bled to death and were so fatigued that you couldn't breathe on your own. I'm sorry. I caused you to injured because of my own weakness. And now your weak, because of me. I know how much you hate feeling like this." Alphonse said tears flowing down his face.
"Al. It's ok. It was my fault you were in that body in the first place."
Sign up to rate and review this story