Categories > Games > Legacy of Kain > 100% Guide to Legacy of Kain Series

Blood Omen Plot Guide

by taker 0 reviews

Blood Omen Plot Guide

Category: Legacy of Kain - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Horror - Characters: Kain, Moebius, Other - Warnings: [!!!] [V] - Published: 2007-01-25 - Updated: 2007-01-25 - 6527 words

0Unrated
LEGACY OF KAIN: BLOOD OMEN
THE PLOT GUIDE

"THERE IS A MAGICAL OPERATION, OF MAXIMUM IMPORTANCE: THE INITIATION OF A NEW AEON. WHEN IT BECOMES NECESSARY TO UTTTER A WORD, THE WHOLE PLANET MUST BE BATHED IN BLOOD."

In a field somewhere in the land of Nosgoth, the Order of the Sarafan Priesthood, a fanatical holy order of warrior priests sworn to annihilate the vampire plague in the land, are placing staked poles with vampires impaled upon them for all to see. The scene is the being watching through a magical basin of water by six members of the Circle of Nine, a group of nine sorcerers sword to protect the Pillars of Nosgoth, an ancient edifice that preserves the life of the land.

Suddenly, the ancient vampire Vorador breaks into the room and impales the nearest Guardian with a cruelly fashioned blade. The other members look on a scream in terror as the ancient vampire looks around the room at the five other sorcerers. He proceeds to kill the rest of them, flinging them across the room with magical attacks and stripping them of their flesh from their bodies. They continue to scream for help by their fellow guardian and protector, Malek but to no avail. Their magic appears completely ineffective against the vampire. As the slaughter continues, Malek is nowhere to be seen. As Vorador cries out

"CALL YOUR DOGS! THEY CAN FEAST ON YOUR CORPES!"

And finishes drinking the last sorcerers' blood, as Malek appears, however it's too late. Six of his fellow guardians are dead and Vorador appears behind him and defeats him with ease. Malek the Sarafan is put on trial by the Necromancer, Mortainus the Guardian of Death, sentences Malek to live forever in his suit of armor, seeing that the pleasures of the flesh are too good for him, and he must serve the circle for the rest of eternity, for failing the circle in his sworn duties.

500 years later (originally 5000 but was changed by Crystal Dynamics), Ariel the Balance Guardian is suddenly and viciously murdered by an unseen assassin. The pillars immediately proceed to turn from a pristine white to a cracked black color. 30 years later, in the town of Ziegsturhl, a nobleman named Kain is refused serviced. The host refuses to be open so late at a dangerous time of night. Leaving dejectedly, Kain is the sudden attacked by several assassins. Kain fights back killing one of them, however his is quickly over powered and is knocked down, and impaled in the back straight through his body, by his assassins' Iron Sword.

"Vea Victus. Suffering to the conquered. Ironic, now that I was the one suffering."

In the underworld, Kain awakes and fins himself chained against two posts, still with his assassins' sword impaled through his chest. Mortainus approaches him and offers to bring Kain back to life so he can have vengeance upon his assassins. Filled with rage and burning with anger, Kain blithely accepts the sword of his assassin that Mortanius pulled out, and his armor changes from white to black, as well as his hair and skin begin to decay. Kain walks through a raging inferno of the Underworld, Mortanius tells him, laughing

"You will have the blood you hunger for."

Returning to the world of the living, Kain discovers that the Necromancer has changed him into a vampire and such has their weaknesses (such as extreme vulnerability to water) and their strengths (strength that surpasses all mortal comprehension). Undeterred, Kain proceeds to find his assassins, who are given a great shock at seeing the dead man walk towards them discovering his new vampiric strength.

"Their sneering faces were forever etched upon my memory. I had cross death for this moment. My mind was empty, save for one thought... I would KILL!"

Kain easily kills his assassins and drinks their blood to regain his strength. Kain believes now that his assassins are dead and his quest is over. However Mortanius tells Kain through telepathy that the assassins were merely the instruments of his murder, not the cause and sends him to the Pillars of Nosgoth for his answers. On the way to the Pillars, Kain thinks about how Mortanius had not given him any warning of what becoming a vampire would lead to. But Kain knows that, burning for revenge, he had not thought about any warnings. Hopefully Kain will get the answers he desires at the pillars.

Kain finally arrives at the Pillars of Nosgoth at night, and is struck by their beauty; however Kain's not alone at the pillars. He spots a spirit, with a woman's figure, but her face while beautiful on one half, was decayed and destroyed on the other. Kain warns the spirit to stay away or he'll send the spirit back to Hell. However the spirit tells Kain he has nothing to fear from her, and that her name is Ariel. She tells Kain that following her own murder, which her lover the Mentalist, Nupraptor was driven to insanity upon discovering her body and fearing treachery and suspicious from within, he plunges into madness and the madness, infected all the other guardians since he was the Guardian of the Pillar of the Mind. The pillars reflect the metal state of their Guardians hence the Pillars became corrupted as the guardians turned their powers to evil in their madness. Ariel tells Kain that in order to save the Pillars and Nosgoth, he must kill Nupraptor and bring back his binding item, to restore the pillar and hopefully find a way to bring Kain peace with his new self.

Kain tells Ariel that he doesn't care about the fate of Nosgoth, so Ariel tells him that he should do this for himself, but before vanishing to the spirit realm she tells him to

"Beware the unspoken."

Believing that killing Nupraptor will cure him of his vampiric curse, Kain proceeds to Nupraptor's Retreat. On the way, Kain learns how to transform into a flock of bats and flay to any place that he commits to memory in Nosgoth. Further on, he passes the filthy town of Steinchencroe, one of which he would had never visited as a human, but as a Vampire he considers that he himself no better than the inhabitants. In the town, he meets a strange man stirring a pot. He tells Kain that although his is an outsider, if he knows where to look he will find those who will speak to him. Arriving at the town of Vasserbunde, Kain sees a waterfall above which lies in the large skull shaped fortress of Nupraptor's Retreat, over looking Vasserbunde. Kain heads to the Retreat, he hears screams. He smiles at this, for once someone is suffering more than he is.

Kain learns that Nupraptor was once renowned for his telekinetic and telepathic abilities and was sought after by pilgrims from all over Nosgoth. Kain jokes that himself only seeks his death. Somehow, Nupraptor knows Kain is here and demands that he leave so that he can mourn in peace. Once inside the Retreat, Kain finds one of Nupraptor's serving girls, petrified and bloodied, chained to a wall. She explains to Kain that after Ariel's murder, Nupraptor sewed his eyes and mouth shut in order to close out the outside word. He doesn't care about anyone else but himself. Kain knowing her injuries and scares will never heal, he decides to kill her in mercy.

Through out the Retreat, Kain is horrified to discover the piles of corpses that Nupraptor leaves around his keep, considering it to be a great waste of blood. Eventually Kain finds Nupraptor and Malek. However despite Malek's job to protect Nupraptor, he dismisses him saying that he will just fail him like he did do the circle years ago. Kain follows Nupraptor into another room where they fight, despite the balls of energy shot at Kain, he is able to evade them and severs the Mentalists head with his sword. Kain takes his head back to the Pillars as proof to Ariel that he has done the deed.

"Alas poor Nupraptor, I knew him well... Well not really."

Returning to the Pillars, Kain places Nupraptor's head before the Pillar of the Mind, the head dissolved into the Pillar, and the Pillar goes back to its pristine white condition and is restored. However Kain now realizes that even though he has destroyed the genesis of the corruption, the other pillars are still unrestored, and forever tainted by the madness. It is now Kain realizes that in order to restore Nosgoth, all members of the Circle have to fall. Before Kain can think about challenging any of the other members, he realizes that he will need to kill their protector, Malek the Paladin who now resides in his bastion far in Nosgoth's Northern Mountains. Ariel tells Kain that every Guardian has a token that binds them to their Pillar. For Nupraptor, it was his head; a token from every Guardian is needed to heal each respective Pillar.

On the way to the former Sarafan's fortress, Kain returns to his hometown of Coorhagen, now infected by a plague, with disease-ridden corpses everywhere he looks. The rumors of the plague did little to prepare them of the plague. Worms and maggots are feeding on the corpses, and the blood was tainted. Kain, starting to embrace his vampirism, says that "Good blood gone bad."

Reaching the mountain summit, Kain spots Malek's Bastion upon a snow topped mountain. Kain ponders what kind of man would choose to live in such a harsh and lifeless environment. Upon arrive in the Bastion, Kain is taunted by Malek's Voice, he is attacked my suits of armor animated by the souls of the dead warriors, much like Malek himself.

"My warriors are but shadows of my skill, child."

But there fighting power is meek in comparison; however he does find the power source of the machines, and shuts them down for good, Kain rushes to find Malek and kill him. Kain arrives in the throne room and is greeted by a grinning corpse. Malek tells Kain that this is to be his corpse and proceeds to tell him he's far more interested in Kain's corpse than his own.

"Come to slay the slayer of Vampires, have you?"

Kain and Malek fight in a battle to the death, however Kain is forced to retreat from the Bastion seeing that Malek's magic wave attack is easily over powering him. Empty handed, Kain returns to the pillars to seek Ariel's guidance.

"Ah, the Lord returns empty-handed. Does the Sarafan elude you? Very well, go east of Malek's Bastion. The Oracle shall give you aid."

Kain travels east of Malek's Bastion to find the Oracle within a huge complex network of caves, while exploring the caves Kain comes across various artifacts such as shields, armor, a blood stained Guillotine and a book. The book told Kain about how the Circle of Nine formed the Sarafan to counter the "vampire plague" and how effectively the Sarafan, led by Malek, had exterminated the vampires. The book also claims that their righteous wrath was second to none. Disgusted Kain stops reading. Arriving inside the Oracle's Chamber, Kain sees a hooded old man welding a staff. Kain demands answers but the man who reveals himself as the Oracle continues to give Kain riddles.

"A nobleman? Seeking wisdom? Death has taught you well." -the Oracle

"Enough philosophy! I seek answers!" -Kain

The Oracle appears to take it too literally and asks the questions to those answers he gives...

"King Ottmar - the only hope to defeat the Legions of the Nemesis. King Ottmar - paralyzed by his princess' malaise. King Ottmar - the useless."

Kain ignores the Oracle's Words and demands to know who Malek is and how to defeat him. The Oracle tells Kain that Malek is the last brother of the Sarafan Priesthood and the protector of the Circle of Nine, he also tells him about his failure to protect the Circle from Vorador and how his soul was infused into his armor. He claims Malek has since allowed no member of the Circle to fall ever since the massacre. Kain demands to know where Vorador is, the Oracle tells Kain to follow the glow of the Ignis Fatuus, which lights the path to hell, and Vorador's home in the Termagant Forest. The Oracle disappears leaving Kain.

Kain decides to find Vorador for aid in defeating Malek. Kain arrives in the Termagant Forest to discover that the sunlight barely penetrates the trees. Kain wonders why Vorador would choose to live in such a dangerous place seeing that the swamp is so perilous to him. Once Kain enters the ancient Vampire's mansion, he is amazed by the wealth and luxury that Vorador surrounds him. The site alone greatly surpasses the nobility of his former court. Exploring the Vampires mansion, Kain comes across Vorador's brides who are nothing more than pets to him. While searching for the Vampire, Kain finds a pantry room filled with men and women on meat hooks and chained to walls. Kain finds his blood thirst to be overwhelmed by the abundance. Kain learns of the vampire's sadism when he arrives in a room full of blood splattered over the walls, the room still echoing of dying screams and the vampire's laughter, even on the wall is the words "Manus Celer Dei."

In the mansion, Kain finds a book telling of how vampires grew in such numbers, to gain the attention of the Circle of Nine, how created the Sarafan Order (Also known as the Angels of Light) and thus the Vampire Purge began. Arriving in Vorador's Dining room, Kain finally meets the great vampire himself. Kain is horrified by Vorador's appearance considering it to be a prelude to what his future self will be. Vorador is glad to meet another vampire, let alone one that is as young as Kain, seeing it's a rare occurrence for him to meet another. He offers Kain a goblet of blood and tells him that vampires are gods and humans are merely sacrifices for the vampires to enjoy and means to prolong their lives. Inside Kain, he knew that Vorador is right despite feeling that vampirism is a curse not a gift like what Vorador exclaims.

Vorador began talking about how he killed six members of the circle of nine and defeated their protector Malek. He then warns Kain NOT to meddle in the affairs of humans, saying it will bring Vampires no good. He then asks Kain if he's understood, which Kain replies.

"Good, take this ring. If you ever need assistance it will summon me. Despite your youthful arrogance, you amuse me, Kain. It would be such a pity to lose you to the Abyss. Now, be gone!"

Leaving Vorador's Mansion only strengthen Kain's resolve. He leaves with an ally now that the ring will give Kain assistance if he needs it. Once outside Mortanius informs Kain that there are three Guardians north, who are changing the land of Dark Eden with their powers. On the way Kain passes through Uschtenheim, where it was rumored that an ancient vampire known as Janos Audron was born, he preyed mercilessly on the humans until one day the humans ripped his still beating heart out of his chest.
Leaving Uschtenheim, Kain approaches Dark Eden; however a magical shell surrounds it. The shell is continually expanding and consuming the healthy land and making a twisted parody. If not stopped the shell would consume all of Nosgoth. Kain passes easily through the shield, thinking that it transforms only the living, or he's already twisted enough. During his approach north, Kain finds twisted creatures and the landscape, which attacks Kain, he comments to himself...

"The poor wretch was warped beyond recognition. To think that it was once human. Such strange creatures that had been spewed by this dark magic- things half insect and half flesh. Sick as it was, I could not help but admire the creator's ingenuity."

Continuing to Dark Eden, Kain arrives at the castle of the three Guardians. At the tope of the tower, spewing out the energy that desecrates the land below. Exploring the castle, Kain finds it to be far larger on the inside than on the outside, apparently due to the powers of the Guardians have to distort space. Kain also finds the Laboratory of Anarcrothe, looking around he sees pickled and dissected corpses and metal constructs. Kain senses the presence of more than one being. He finds it odd that a sorcerer like Anarcrothe would choose to work with others over working alone. After searching the castle, Kain finally confronts the three Guardians, Dejoule the Energist, Bane the Druid and Anarcrothe the Alchemist. Respectively they are the guardians of Energy, Nature and States. Kain is very pleased that the Guardians have man his quest to find all nine much easier. Dejoule and Bane is ready to take Kain on in a fight, however Anaracrothe has other plans...

"So, the scourge of the Circle has arrived." Bane

"Fear him not, Bane. He is but a whelp. His soul is ours for the taking." Dejoule

"Don't be ridiculous! MALEK! TO OUR AID!" Anaracrothe

"DAMN YOU, ALCHMIST! I had not come this far only to have my quarry escape!" Kain

Seeing that the alchemist has fled, and summoned Malek in his place, Kain knew now how to kill the Paladin. Taking the ring of Vorador out, he summoned him to his aid.

"VENGEANCE! Vengeance for my eternity of suffering!" Malek

"Whelp! As if you knew what eternity was! Grovel before your true master!" Vorador

"Never! I'll hack you from crotch to gizzard and feed what's left to your brides!" Malek

Dejoule and Bane leaves the room in a rush, leaving Kain, Vorador and Malek behind, however Kain gives chase leaving Malek and Vorador to fight once again to the death. However strong the Paladin is, Vorador's lupine form is much stronger than he is. Bane knowing Kain's weakness, tries to turn the land into water while Dejoule throws joules of energy at Kain, however Kain is a crafting vampire by shifting into mist and gets behind Bane and kills him. Kain took his antler headdress knowing it was his item, even though the ivory skull took some damage; it should be enough to restore his pillar. Dejoule continues her relentless attack, however Kain uses a Repel spell protecting him from the spell and eventually uses a energy bolt of his own, killing her. Kain checks her body and decides that her Insulating Cloak would be the perfect item to return to her pillar, seeing it protected her and those around her from her own energy. Kain returns to room where Vorador and Malek were fighting, only to find a shattered suit of armor and nothing of Vorador.

"I found Malek's helmet amongst the scattered remnants of his armor, whole and intact. Vorador had finally laid his old adversary to rest."

Kain leaving in tow with the Headdress of Bane, Insulating Cloak of Dejoule and the helmet of Malek, he returned to the Pillars of Nosgoth. Kain placed the Helmet of Malek before the Pillar of Conflict, the Pillar accepted its offering, and it was restored. Kain placed the Insulating Cloak of Dejoule before the Pillar of Energy, the Pillar accepted its offering and it was restored. Kain placed the Antler Headdress before the Pillar of Nature, the Pillar accepted its offering and it was restored. Ariel told Kain that the next Guardian, Azimuth of Planar (Guardian of Dimension) is lying in the heart of the Holy City of Avernus where he will find three special items.

Approaching Avernus, Kain looks and sees the city in a chaotic state with buildings burning and corpses lying everywhere. Kain makes haste to Avernus Cathedral where he finds the source of the catastrophe, when his is attacked by demons from another dimension; apparently they were summoned by Azimuth. He quickly dispenses them, and finds his way into the Cathedral. He notices that it was the only building left intact, apparently the demons knew better than to attack the place from where they came. Navigating the Cathedral's "Heaven" level, he finds the Soul Reaver, a legendary weapon, which thrives by consuming the souls of its victims. He also navigates the "Hell" level and finds the Wraith Armor, which inflicts the blows inflicted upon the bearer back to the attacker, however it seemed as though the armor faded in and out of reality. While traveling through the Cathedral Kain finds a strange book with someone's bloody handprints upon it. It talks about "Hask'ak'gik" demanding the blood of its worshippers' first born otherwise they would face its wrath eternally. Ominously the book tells that this was actually done. Kain continues his hunt for Azimuth when he suddenly notices a stained glass ceiling above him depicting the battle between Vorador and Malek all those years ago. Kain finally finds Azimuth

"Ah, what's this?! I had not even realized the blade and raiment were here. You wear those trinkets well, Kain, but I do believe they would look better on me."

Finding her again, she summons many demons to attack Kain but he takes them out, and kills Azimuth quickly. He sees her third eye and knowing that's how she was able to see into other dimensions, it would be her binding item. He also notices a Time Streaming Device and takes it as his own. Ariel tells him that Azimuth stole it from Moebious, the Time Streamer and brought demons from other eras as well. Kain flew back to Pillars to return the third eye.

Kain laid the third eye of Azimuth before the Pillar of Dimension, the Pillar accepted its offer and it was restored. Ariel next told Kain that since he found Moebious toy, it would deliver him in time, and that she stole it from him seeing taking demons from other dimensions didn't satisfy her. She also tells him that the Legions of the Nemesis are on a march to Nosgoth, crushing all in their path. It was wasn't long ago that "The Nemesis" was once known as the great, King William the Just, a caring and gentle benefactor of the land, but as his army grew, so did his power and the veil of tyranny fell on one kingdom was not enough. Many died, however there was still hope, he had to go to Willendorf, which was the next city to be demolished. If he's not stopped, all is lost. Kain wonders how he would kill an entire army. Ariel tells him to go to Willendorf and get their king, King Ottmar to rally his Army of Hope to battle the Legions of the Nemesis.

On his way to Willendorf, Mortanius contacts Kain ...

"Strange, isn't it Kain that one cannot quite accept that which sustains him, you in your death and me in mine. But death cannot reign in a world without life and soon you will find the quest ahead of you is yours and yours alone. I can assist you no longer."

Kain tries to gain entry to Willendorf with his regular human disguise spell but is refused entry. Apparently, only figures of noble heritage are allowed entry into the city. Kain discovers that Willendorf was involved with digging and mining in some mines nearby. In the process they had uncovered many secrets and metals. Kain hears about an tomb of one of Ottmar's ancestors deep underground, he decides if he's to gain entry to Willendorf that he must enter the Provincial Mines and find a blood fountain there which will allow him to "Beguile" those around with the appearance of nobility. Kain finds and consumes some of the blood from the fountain and tries to re-enter the city again, and is successful in doing so. Kain stops by a library searching for any books of interests, nothing too appealing until he finds a book that talks about the Circle of Nine, and how they protect the Pillars of Nosgoth, Kain also learns when a member dies, and the circle is broken until a worthy successor is born to replace the fallen guardian. Another book he finds talks about a strange cult that traveled around Nosgoth with tales of human possession soon following them. The book does not tell the god that they worshipped was.

Kain gains entry to King Ottmar's Palace, however on his way to the throne room Kain is stopped by a man tell him that the King will see no one since he's mourning. However Kain grabs the man, throws him out of the way telling him he'll soon mourn for his kingdom. Kain sees Ottmar mourning for his daughter, who lies motionless on a bed before him, Ottmar tells that on his daughter's birthday he declared a contest to create the finest doll in all of Nosgoth; the winner would gain a royal favor. The winner was Elzevir the Doll maker, and he simply wanted a lock of the Princess' hair as his prize. Soon after, the Princess lost her soul and became a lifeless puppet. Ottmar himself became depressed and not caring about anything but his daughter. Ottmar offers his kingdom to who ever can restore his daughter back to normal. Kain leaves the Palace in search of the Doll maker. Kain makes note that in his court, Ottmar would have been replaced but in Willendorf, they worshipped him. Kain wonders what will happen when Ottmar dies.

Kain learns that Ottmar's Armies of Hope would not be able to fight the Legions of the Nemesis, as they are all busy searching for the Doll maker. He hears of a tunnel that will take him to where it is suspected Elzevir lives. Kain starts hunting for the Doll maker to the north. On the way he passes by Stahlberg, once one of Nosgoth's most academic cities now lay to waste by the Nemesis. In the Lake of Lost Souls, Kain finds the Doll makers Mansion and meets the little man himself...

"Elzevir, I have come for the soul!" Kain

"So Ottmar sent you to kill me, eh? I can smell him on you, or is that the stench of the grave?" Elzevir

"Doll maker, I have not time for these games!" Kain

"The soul is MINE! I EARNED IT! Ottmar gave it to me!" Elzevir

"Then you shall ear n it with blood!" Kain

"YOU SHALL NOT HAVE IT! MINE! MINE! MINE!" Elzevir

Elzevir starts animating his other dolls; however Kain easily destroys them and makes a strike at Elzevir, injuring him.

"Farewell, my love. I was lucky to have made you..." Elzevir

Kain finally decapitates Elzevir; he takes his head as trophy that he has killed Elzevir, to show to Ottmar. He looks further into his room and finds the Doll with the princess' soul inside. Kain makes a comment on how the Doll brought a kingdom to its knees. Kain flies back to Ottmar's Castle and comes walking to Ottmar carrying the doll in one hand, and Elzevir head in the other.

"I do not know that I can thank you enough, warrior. My kingdom is but a small price to play for my daughter's life. Willendorf is yours if you wish it!" Ottmar

"Tis not your kingdom I desire, but your army Ottmar. I require your troops to vanquish the Horde that descends upon us from the north." Kain

"Very well. Courtiers, fetch me my armor and mace. THERE IS WAR TO BE WAGED!" Ottmar

Kain, King Ottmar and his Armies of Hope stand ready waiting for the Legions of the Nemesis to descend upon them. King Ottmar rallies his troops before the initial attack...

"The scourge of Nosgoth is upon us, friends! We shall die today as heroes, lest we live tomorrow as slaves! Ready thine arms!" Ottmar

Ottmar's armies raise the weapons as Kain readies his.

"FOR NOSGOTH!"

The battle begins, and all Hell breaks loose. Kain's appetite for blood rises as he sees armies of the legions and hope die. However strong the Armies of Hope are, they are soon overpowered by the Nemesis' troops, and Ottmar dies in battle a hero...

"The Nemesis and his horde fall upon us, my friend. I fear I can defend Nosgoth no longer. The Nemesis must be destroyed. For my daughter, Kain... for the world..."

Kain seeing that the time of Battle has turned with Ottmar's death flees northward while the Armies of Hope retreat into the forests. Kain has no other choice but to activate the Time Streaming Device and hope for the best. Kain is suddenly taking away from battle, and sent nearly 50 years into the past. Where blood and dirt once was, greenery and everything becomes quiet. The Time Streaming Device breaks before Kain, leaving him stranded. However a human attacks Kain and Kain quickly kills him and consumes his blood finding out where he is exactly. He also sees that Moebious the Time Streamer is trying to rally villagers to his cause and take him to see King William the Just so they can prepare themselves against the vampire scourge. Kain heads north knowing this is where the soon to be Nemesis is hiding. Kain knows now that if he's to change the future, he has to kill William the Just so he can never become the Nemesis.

Inside Williams's castle, Kain finds Moebious talking to William...

"...Yes, these weapons you have provided will see to that. Pray tell, Moebious what game do you play?" William the Just

"None, my Lord. I only wish to aid you in vanquishing your foes. The weapons are but a token of my good will." Moebious

"And the news you bring- a vampire sent to slay me? Where did you come upon such knowledge?" William the Just

"Tis of no consequence, sire. 'Twas only out of concern for your majesty's life." Moebious

"Perhaps, perhaps... Very well, then; you may leave me now. But should I wish to speak with you..." William the Just

"I will know, your Majesty, and I shall be there in time." Moebious

Kain hearing these words leaves the balcony to go find William in person. He eventually confronts the future Nemesis...

"Ah yes, the vampire. Moebious told me you would come." William the Just

Kain and William begin an epic fight to the death, both of the men armed with the same exact sword, the Soul Reaver. Each mean take hits from each other, however as the sun sets Kain's strength grew stronger and finally delivered the final blow to William, destroying his Soul Reaver and killing him the process. William's servants came rushing into the room to save their fallen King, however with William's blood renewing Kain's strength, he quickly kills them and finds another Time Streaming Device, having no other path clear, Kain activates the Time Streaming Device. The Device stops and it seems that Kain is alone. He leaves the stronghold only to find that he has returned to the Nosgoth he knew before. There was no sign of a battle or of the Nemesis. As Kain travels south, he smells vampiric blood gushing, he continues to journey south, and notices that Stahlberg is untouched by the Nemesis. As he gets closer to the source, he hears people cheering and the smell of vampiric blood. Kain finally reaches the omni-point; he finds out that because he killed the beloved boy king, the citizens of Nosgoth have erupted into a civil war against vampires, killing them at the very sight. Kain is instantly enraged by this action, he comments...

"I made no pretense to justify my killings- yet these vampire hunters would cloak their bloodlust beneath a veil of righteousness! HYPOCRITES! They would make themselves judge and jury! Very well, then... Let's see how they take to my role as the executioner." Kain

Kain arrives at the source of the sound, only to see Vorador beheaded by a Guillotine. The execution prouder holds the head high and says that the citizens of Nosgoth are finally free of the unholy vampire scourge, however Moebious begs to differ, me asks the crowd if they would be free of a plague if only one town was cleansed, would they spare a single wolf whose pack as devastated their herds, and tells them if they want to be free of all vampires, they must kill everyone last one of them, and suddenly points out Kain in the crowd and tells them that he is the last vampire. Kain quickly kills the mob and ponders to himself...

"I had been betrayed. In my haste I had not realized it before. That sigil on his forehead... the Oracle of Nosgoth was in fact the Time Streamer Moebious, and I had followed his advice! How much of my quest was of his design!? Willendorf? The Battle of the Last Stand?! William the Just?! Was this the trap he had fashioned for me?!"

Knowing Moebious had orchestrated his entire journey and that he was the Time Guardian, he would kill him before the days end. Moebious tells him that Nosgoth will never rest until his kind is destroyed, Kain follows Moebious to where ever he teleports to, as Moebious summons warriors from the Past, the Present and the future, however his warriors do nothing to stop Kain as Moebious tries confronting Kain himself, however he his easily over powered. Moebious lies on the ground at Kain's mercy...

"Ironic by going back in time and altering the past you turned William the Just into the Nemesis." Kain

"Aye, you have seen my plan, vampire, as I've seen your destiny. The future says YOU DIE!" Moebious

"But I am dead..." Kain

Kain proceeds to cut Moebious' head off with his Iron Sword in one swift swoop.

"As are you..."

Kain checks Moebious' body for his hour glass knowing that was the focus point of his magic, he bides a "fond" farewell to the sorcerer saying that the sands of time, have ran out for him. As Kain leaves Mortanius contacts him one last time...

"Well done, Kain. Ah, Moebious did so love playing the trickster's part. His guise as the Oracle served his schemes well. Pity with all his plots he failed to plan for you. Come to me my undead son. Make haste to the Pillars. The stage is set for the GRAND FINALE! You will have your vengeance!"

Kain sparing no time transforms once more and returns to the Pillars of Nosgoth. He reassembles himself tougher and start's approaching the pillars, he sees Anaracrothe arguing, and hides behind a pillar to hear the argument...

"You betrayed us, Mortanius! You had Kain killed and turned him into a vampire! You set him upon us!" Anaracrothe

"It had to be. Nupraptor's insanity poisoned all of our minds! The Circle had failed in its sworn duties. It had to be destroyed!" Mortanius

"FAILED OUR DUTIES? IDOIT! The Circle exists for us! We don't exist for it! Our powers will save or damn Nosgoth at our whim! Stand with us Mortanius or die!" Anaracrothe

"Then I shall die!" Mortanius

Anaracrothe fires a green magic attack at Mortanius, however his body absorbs it and Mortainus attacks him with an electrical attack that sends him to the pillar Kain is hiding behind. Mortanius then summons skeletal demons to finish off Anaracrothe. Kain walks out from behind the pillar...

"If the Circle is to be destroyed, you have to die as well, Necromancer. I admire your cunning, but you will not escape your fate." Kain

"Nay, I will embrace. But my death will leave one more take, princeling. FINISH ME!" Mortanius

Mortanius and Kain fight, Mortanius summons skeletons to kill Kain, however Kain's tactics are superior and he strikes Mortanius down at the pillar of Balance, however the body seems to grew and malformed on itself leaving a giant black demon to look down on Kain...

"Ha ha ha, you thought yourself a king, when you in fact were a pawn! You have served me well, Kain." The Unspoken

"I serve no one!" Kain

"Indeed. Such narrow vision. Don't you see? My silencing of Ariel and its calculated repercussions is but the first act in my theater of Grand Guignol, of which you are the tragic hero. Play on, little vampire, play on..." The Unspoken

"VEA VICTUS!" Kain

Kain quickly picks up the Scales of Anaracrothe and Death Orb of Mortanius. Kain lays the Hour Glass of Moebious beneath the Pillar of Time; the Pillar accepted its offering thus it was restored. Kain laid the Scales of Anaracrothe beneath the Pillar of States; the Pillar accepted its offering thus it was restored. Kain laid the Death Orb of Mortanius beneath the Pillar of Death; the Pillar accepted its offering thus it was restored. Kain then turned his attention to The Unspoken, as the battle wages into night Kain eventually is successful and kills The Unspoken. Kain looks to the Pillar of Balance as it is the last Pillar that needs to be restored. Ariel appears before him offering him two cards...

"I am the last Pillar- the only survivor of the Circle of Nine. At my whim the world will be healed... or damned. At my whim..."

Unwilling to see the extinction of vampires and alienated from his former humanity, Kain refused the Sacrifice and chooses to preserve his life and rule Nosgoth in its corruption. The Pillar collapse and Nosgoth is damned to an eternity of decay. Kain sits on a throne made of bones in front of the Pillar of Balance...

"Once I embraced my powers, I realized that Vorador was correct, WE ARE GODS. DARK GODS and it is our duty to thin the herd."

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS: BLOOD OMEN: LEGACY OF KAIN

Q.) Why can't I go back to the Pillars during Williams/After Williams time?
A.) Kain has to finish his journey to kill William and leave, and when he returns he has to find out what the vampiric blood smell was, so in other words once you kill Elzevir, DO NOT return the doll if you have less that 97 secrets, and are trying to get all 100 SEARCH HIGH AND LOW! FULL MOONS ARE IMPORTANT TOO.

Q.) What is the deal with the full moon?
A.) The Full moon gives Kain's Lupine form and himself an additional boost of power. Also they unlock special doors to secret areas.

Q.) What are these ranks?
A.): Prestige is just a fun thing the BO team added in. The ranks are...

Whelp
Gimp
Princess
Bride
Prince
Blood hunter
Count
Baron
Overlord
Saint
Devourer of Worlds

I got Gimp on my first try, I'm right now on Baron, I'm trying to get DOW myself, but to increase your rank it depends on how many meals consumed, mutilations, secrets, and slayings you perform/find, however if I remember correctly BLincoln (from http://thelostworlds.net and the Eidos forums) got Devourer of Worlds by having 10,000+ of each and having no secrets. Good job to BLincoln.

BLicolns page: Http://thelostworlds.net
Sign up to rate and review this story