Categories > Games > Legacy of Kain > 100% Guide to Legacy of Kain Series

Blood Omen Walkthrough pt. 1

by taker 0 reviews

This is for the Playsation walkthrough of Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Category: Legacy of Kain - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Horror, Sci-fi - Characters: Kain, Moebius, Other - Warnings: [!!!] [V] - Published: 2007-02-25 - Updated: 2007-02-25 - 5278 words

0Unrated
Blood Omen Walkthrough

Email Me: RealGateGuardian@gmail.com if you have information or notice something is incorrect, I will promptly change it.

Version History

2.0 Added more after a long time of no showing. Added more from the end of the Energy Bolt Shrine to the Inspire Hate Shrine. Corrected some grammatical and other spelling errors.

1.0 Initial added to 100% Series Collection. Ended prior to leaving the Energy Bolt Shrine.

Warnings: Spoils the ENTIRE game. DO NOT CONTINUE IF YOU WANT THIS TO SURPRISE YOU!


"There is a Magical Operation of maximum Importance:

The Initiation of a new Aeon,

When it becomes necessary to utter a word whole world must be bathed in Blood..."

The Beginning


As soon as the opening FMV ends, head outside. There you'll be assaulted by several enemies, you CAN NOT kill them all, they'll just keep on respawning and eventually kill you.

NOTE: I only took one down with me, if you took more good for you, they'll keep coming anyways.

After you're dead, another FMV will play. You'll now be the Vampire Kain. Goto where the green line shines and walk onto it go through the door and pick up the Sanctuary Spell. This can be used to return to Kain's Mausoleum, this is rather useful if you're about to die during a boss fight, usually upon your return they taunt you for leaving. Continue on killing anyone and anything in your path. When you kill one guy in particular you'll hear a click. That means a door opened somewhere USUALLY closey by but sometimes they open WAY WAY far away. Pick up items, ESPECIALLY the Heart of Darkess. These are your LIFE! They'll give you blood if you use them OR (as I use them) have them equipped and if you die, BAM! you'll come back to life with about five secods of invincibility.

Continue on, push the block and goto the green light. Go left, suck the blood off the girl (if you need the health or just want to :)) and pick up the Blood Vial. These are VERY IMPORTANT, they'll increase your maximum health. Press the Green pedal and go into the room on the right across pick up the Rune Triangle. It'll increase your maximum Magic, a very worthy item. Go back to the main room press the Green switch on the wall above.

Go into the next room kill the skeleton watch the spikes and pick up the Magic Sphere. This is used to refil Kain's Magic. Go into the room on the right. It's a Save Room. Go left and up past the stairs then go left at the torches and down to find the exit.

You'll come to the graveyard. I'll make a note here and at the end about the weather for you the reader.

Sun: Not affected mentally, however your blows are not as strong, as they are during Night or a Full Moon.

Rain: This WILL hurt you if you play in it too long. There's a fountain to protect you later.

Snow: Same as above.

Night: Lupine and Vampire Kain are both stronger during this time. Clearly the best time for anything.

New Moon: I've read in places this pumps up your Wraith Armor strength, I haven't noticed. If you do notice, please e-mail me.

Full Moon: This opens several gates in the game as well as DRAMATICALLY increases the Lupine forms power and Vampire forms attack power.

Eh while I'm here, I'll explain the Bloods for no good reason...

Red Blood: Refills Health.

Blood Blood: Refills Magic.

Green Blood: Refills Health BUT it poisons you, however if you use an Antidote fast enough, you'll recover health and cure yourself of poison before the poison hurts you too much.

Black Blood: AVOID. Drinking this HURTS Kain, it's bad blood.

Now back to our program...

Go into the crypt by Kain. To your right is a SAVE ROOM. Go up left and down. Kill the skeletons and dodge the spikes (If you haven't picked up on KILLING everything in your path and avoid spikes, pick up now. I'm not going to keep repeating myself). Go left and up grab the Blood Vial and the Rune Triangle. Go up while avoiding the spikes get the Magic Sphere if you need it then continue up to the next area.

Go up and left and press the Green switch go past the spikes and press the next switch go up, press the far left and middle Green switches and go left, there pick up the Flay. A nice toy, use them at groups of enemies when you're over come (AKA: Crowd Control).

Go up press the Green pedal and kill the skeletons. Go through the door at the end.

Go up and right press on the picture of death to get a Heart of Darkness. Go left and do the same to find a Flay. Push the boulders go up. There are some Boulders here but you can't move them until you increase your strength. The chests on the right contain a Rune Triangle and a Heart of Darkness. Go left and up to exit. Go up and right. There is a Save Room on the far right go down to exit.

Welcome back to the graveyard, go down for some oratory from Kain. Time for some revenge heh. Go left and up and kill all around you, and make them PAY! Kain thinks he's quest is over. Continue on to hear a message from the Mortanious the Necromancer then exit the Graveyard.

Welcome to Ziegsturhl! Step on the Red Triangle or Vista Marker to find out where you are. If you are lost you can find your way around using these. So your back where it all began eh? There are some fresh Blood and Flay. When your done go down and across the bridge. Step on the Vista Marker for more guidance it seems you need to get to the Pillars of Nosgoth. Continue right and up and go across the bridge and into the next area. Go up and step on the Vista Marker to hear about the Pillars of Nosgoth. Step onto the Teleporter at the end.

Approach the Pillars to get an FMV it's funny but some of the Pillars appear restored. You will learn of Nupraptor. Well now you know what you have to do let's go find Nupraptor. Step onto the Transporter on the left. Go left and step on the Vista Maker to learn of Bat Form see that spinning card walk into it to gain Bat Form. Step on the Bat Beacon to activate it you can now return here at any time. You can use Bat Form to warp to various Beacons scattered around Nosgoth. Step on them to activate them it makes getting to locations far quicker than trackting. You can also fly to landmarks such as the Pillars of Nosgoth and enemy locations like Nuprators' Retreat. Go into the white building the Light Shrine.

Whenever you see a mural or picture on the ground of a building it means it's a Shrine that holds the item you see on the ground. There is a Save Room on the left. Go up, if memory serves right Green Skeletons cannot be killed by normal means. Theirs a Blood Vial on the left near the door. Ok go grab the Light Spell. VERY useful if you have bad eyes (like me) or it's too damn hard to see anything. Go up and avoid the spiked balls when you get to the intersection go right and press the switch to open the door at the top, go through. There's a Magic Sphere in the corner if you need it. Go down and press the Switch on the right wall where the skeletons are then go through the door below. Press the switch in the little alcove above to open the door on the right. Go around and press the Switch on the left wall to open the door bellow.

In the next area take the Rune Triangle on the right and go down see the coffin walk into it to open the two doors opposite. Theirs a Flay and a Heart of Darkness to grab, and some poor guys waiting to be sucked on. When done take the door on the bottom. Take the Flay and Magic Sphere by the spikes and carry on down to the door on the end. The next room should be familiar when finished admiring the mural on the ground exit the light shrine.

Go left into the next area. Enter the near by Wolf Shrine that's a cave. There is a Save Room on the left. Go through the door up top, go up the steps through the corridor and take the Wolf Form on the end.

Now this is a VERY VITAL form, I like it alot honestly, since vampire Kain moves slow, I usually use it to get me from point A, to point B in a rush, however it consumes Magic though. You can use this FORM to traverse tall cliffs and jump over pitfalls and traps. You can also get blood, so don't worry about having to transform back to consume.

The floor behind you has turned into spikes so now's a good time to use Lupine Forms abilities. Use the Wolf Form to jump over the spiked gaps and kill the kill anyone. The Wolf Form is pretty powerful so you dont need to change back (here atleast). See the bottom left platform jump to that and make your away around to the Switch press it and go back to the platform opposite the mural then go up and around the other way. Take the Magic Sphere and go down and take the door on the end.

When you're outside, jump up the cliff and take the Heart of Darkness and Flay on the right. Continue up the cliff jump over the water and get all the stuff here then go into the cave.

Once inside, jump over the spikes as before. Watch out for the Axe man they are quite tough compared to what has been seen so far. To the left and right are Blue Switches guarded by knife throwers press them both to open the doorat the intersection. Go through and onto the portal. This room should look really familiar, leave.

Now you have two choices:

1.) Go back to Ziegsturhl and deal with that Tavern Keeper.
2.) Press on.

There are some secrets to be had by going route, I suggest goto 1, deal with him and come back here, or just wait. Up to you.

Now that you have the Wolf Form, you can use it climb up the adjacent cliff. If you read the Vista on top you will realise you are near Nachtholm. There are two paths one to the left and one straight up, go left first. Climb the cliff and step on the Bat Beacon on the far right. Go left again and jump up into that cave you see.

Welcome to your first Spirit Forge. These Spirit Forges you can give a great deal of blood for whatever item is depicted on the mural as you enter. Normally is not worth it but if you want to get these items just go to the end of the cave step on the alter and you will be asked if you want to trade. When done exit. Once you've aquired Mind Control remember "It doesn't matter whose blood it is." You can also use the Blood Refill Cheat to...

Once you are outside, go back to where the paths crossed and this time go up and right. Follow the path, just be a little careful.

This is the Energy Bolt Shrine. Go past the SAVE ROOM into the door on top. This area can be rough, you can use Fay's on the Sorcerers. When done go through the door on the right and take the Energy Bolt on the end.

This spell is the one spell... TO RULE THEM ALL. It kills enemies, it slices, it dices, and it chops onions like a hot knife through butter. It can be all yours for 15 easy payments of £59.99 limited time only. As a kicker for taking up on this generous offer,you can hit far away switches!

Using your new spell to deal with the sorcerers take the Magic Sphere near them. Go up deal with the sorcerers and take the Rune Triangle. See the two skulls on the top wall hit them with the Energy Bolt to open the door on the bottom right. Go through the door, use the Energy Bolt to hit the left and right Switches to open the door below. Continue on down and get the Blood Vial from the left platform then go to the right platform and press the Switch on the end this will open the door below the stairs. Go through and you will be returned to the Energy Bolt mural, leave. Go past the shrine and enter Nachtholm.

Go right until you see the cliff jump up into the cave using Wolf Form.

You will be in another Blood Fountain Cave. These fountains will grant Kain more power when drank from. The fountains have
different properties such as granting Kain immunity from rain. Their are nine in all scattered around Nosgoth. I'll point them out and what they do.

Drink from the fountain like you would a Human this fountain will bestow upon you more Strength. You will now be able to move certain kinds of rocks like the ones by Nachtholm's bridge that you will see shortly, you can leave. I also HEAVILY SUGGEST YOU DO NOT try and drink again, not only is it piggish, it also becomes Black Blood once you drink from them the first time.

Go up and push the rocks by the bridge out of your way. Read the Vista Makers by the buildings to see what they are. There are some Flays in the Tavern, a Flay and a Blood Beaker in the Pub. Some Flays are in the Armoury theirs also a very interesting mural in there one of a Shield. Go into Kings Tavern across the bridge in the barrel on the top
right their are two Implodes.

These are nasty little spells that does exactly what it says.

There is nothing in the other buildings but sustenance. Transform into the Wolf and go right across the bridge and up the cliff to see a brown door on the end it's a Full Moon Door.

These Full Moon Gates ONLY OPEN on a Full Moon at Night. You can see the state of the Moon at the bottom right corner of hte screen. One of the only good secret about these doors is the Lightning spell that can be found later on in the game.

Ok when your done with Nachtholm leave. If your're wondering what's in the cave on the right of the exit there are some Flay's, a Slow Time (more later) and a Heart of Darkness not really worth drowning over (if you're impatient, goto Wolf Form and run over). You can return here once you have the Mace to get them (thus you should have patience).

Go into the cave ahead. This Fountain will grant you immunity from Rain, it rains more often than you would think in the Land of Nosgoth.

Return back to Stenchencroe, if you want be sure to listen to what Kain says about it by walking on the Vista Maker outside it. There's nothing much to see here apart from the Big Horn Brothel. Don't get your hopes up Boy's, this is a Mature game, not an Adult Game, those don't exsist in America (in english), if my memory serves right. There is a Man you can talk to on the top left of the Town also. When done leave the Town and activate the Bat Beacon to the right of the far right cave. Don't goto the cave. You need the Mace to get any of the items. There's also a Massive Boulder on the bottom right of Steinchencroe. Leave by the top exit.

There are some Hearts Of Darkness on the left but you need the Mace to get at them. Go into the gypsy camp and into the orange tent and get the Disguise Form.

Using this makes yourself appear Human. It comes in handy when you want to roam a Town unhindered by Town Guards.

Heading up, stand on the Vista Marker above the Sign Post. You can now fly to Nupraptor's Retreat. Have a look around the Town first. Their are some Implodes in the House on the right and also a Slow Time. If you have not got one already here's what they do.

You can use these items to slow your enemies down and since you are unimpeded, you can quickly finish them off.

There are some Flays in the Smithery and a Font of Putrescence in one of the other Houses.

These items allow you to melt your enemies, very cool items indeed, I personally use them frequently. These can auto aim so they are quite handy but watch where you walk when you cast them.

Leave Town via the bridge on the bottom left. Don't bother flying to Nupraptors' Retreat it'll be a dead end pretty much.

Go into the House to the right of the gate and use the Switch inside to open it. Go into the cave to the left of the Waterfall there is only a Slow Time to be had in the other one.

Nupraptors' Retreat

There is an Save Room into next area. There is a nice theme in this dungeon with Ariel's lovely singing voice in the background. The next area is strewn with muddy water so watch out. Press the Red switch on the wall above and walk right avoiding the projectiles from the spitting skulls. Step on the Vista Marker to hear Kain's aloof remarks about Nupraptor. Kill the Blue things and grab the Flays and continue down, watch out for the pendulums on the walls if you get hit, there are plenty of humans about. Find your way to the first exit. In the next area go up, whle avoiding the flying arrows and water. The door is at the top.

The next area is in darkness so use your Light Spell. Use the Wolf Form to jump over the water and press the switch in top that will lower the bridge on the right. Go over it and continue down avoiding the obstacles in your path. The exit is on the bottom left.

In the next area Nupraptor will give you a cold greeting, he sounds like he's had a rough time. Use light again if you have to. Go up your now in Nupraptors' workshop. There is a door ahead you can't go through yet continue on. The wizards here are tough but repeated blows from your sword should stun them. Go right and up until you get to the chains on the wall. Pull the far left and the far right one's to open the door you couldn't go through earlier below. Go up avoiding the obstacles and get the Flay and Magic Sphere and pull the chain at the end to open the door opposite.

There are some chairs in the next area when don playing musical chairs go up. You can expand your view to see a switch on the wall you cant get to. Use your Energy Bolt to take away the spikes. Remember this, it will help you in later dungeons. Go into the room on the left for a date with waxy Mary. Go right to see a closed door continue on, and go up kill the piper and his cohorts and pull the chain on the end. Go back to the door you saw earlier and go through. At the end step on the Vista Marker to listen to more of Kain's ramblings. Pull the chain and go right kill the piper and go through the door on top.

In the next area theirs a nice mural on the ground take the stairs and go up. Use your Energy Bolt to hit the switch on the wall. Go through the door on the right. Take the door on the end. In the next area is a giant brain mural you might as well get the Blood Vial and Rune Triangle here now. In this room are four doors press the switches opposite to open them. Let's tackle them bottom left to bottom right, so go through the bottom left one first.

The next area is riddled with spikes. Go over the faint ones on your left and step on the bottom left switch. Go over the new bridge and use Wolf Form to jump over to the switch on the left, Press it and go over the new bridge. Watch the spikes and jump to the far left platform with the Blood Vial. Jump
down to the Magic Sphere platform then to the Teleporter. You're now back in the Brain Room. Notice the bottom left torch is now lit. Go through the top left door next.

In the next area are some lovely Victorian tiles and a fine nude piece. There is also a strong minimalist whisper echoing through well enough of that. Go up and through the left door grab the Slow. Go up and grab the Energy Bank.

The Energy Bank allows you to have infinite magic for a short time but when your time is up you will loose all your magic energy so use it with caution. It's good when used in conjunction with the Soul Reaver (more on this later) found later though.

Kill the goons everything that appears and go through the right door that opens. Go down and through the bottom right door and grab the Magic Sphere. Go up and press on the statue to open the door on the right and the main door in the corridor. To your right is something like the Playboy Mansion, going there you will be attacked. When you're done take the door in the main Corridor and step on the Transporter. Your back in the Brain room. Quickly go through the top right door.

Go up the stairs and cast Light, step on the mural of the girl to be attacked. Kill them and step on the Teleporter at the end. Your now back in the Brain room. Head to the bottom right
door.

Press on the centre painting and go and step on the Teleporter on the right. Ok DO NOT cast Light. This is a rather annoying puzzle. You see the darkened area step on it and it's back to the start. Walk along the lit tiles pressing the switches on the end of each and make your way to the exit Teleporter. Don't worry if you make a mistake you have nothing to loose.
Back in the Brain room go through the door at the top that's inside the Skull's mouth.

Go left, then down and kill the wizard in the Golden Skull room by the teeth. Press the switch and go through the left door in the previous room to get some Flays. When done go through the door at the top of the steps. In the next room go through either door right or left. In the next area step on the Vista Marker by each eye socket for some insight from Kain.

There is an Rune Triangle and a Blood Vial by each eye socket also. Go up to the doors and take the middle alcove to get a Font of Putrescence. When you're done, leave. Back in the other area take the now open door on top and step on the
Transporter.

In the next area grab the stuff and step on the other Teleporter. In the save room when done go through the right door. You will catch a glimpse of Malek (The Sarafan, Guardian of Conflict and Protector of the Circle) in the next room and see the mess that is Nupraptor. Go through the top door for a boss battle.

BOSS: NUPRAPTOR

Step on the Vista Marker ahead for more of Kain's babble. The trick with Nupraptor is to wait for the purple fireballs to vanish then continue on until you reach him. Strike him and he will change position do this a few times and he will change tactics. Wait for the skulls to stop then strike. He will be dead after two blows. Grab his head and get out of there via the Transporter on top.

END OF BOSS: NUPRAPTOR: GAINED NUPRAPTORS' HEAD. END OF NUPRATORS' RETREAT

Grab the mace and use it to bust free. Now you have a new weapon. You can use this to break obstacles that are in your way such as rocks. You can also use it on reinforced chests to open them. It can stun your enemies with a few blows too. I like the Sword a lot, but this can make feeding easier, but not as damaging as the Iron Sword. Excellent against humans and some mutants in that it will stun them every time (wielded proprely), but useless against most more powerful creatures.

When done exit and you will fly back to the Pillars of Nosgoth. There, the Pillar of the Mind will be restored and you will hear of your next conquest: MALEK. The same Malek who you saw in Nupraptor's Retreat. Head back to Vasserbunde by flying to Nupraptors' Retreat on the map. You will arrive at some stone blocks destroy them with the Mace and continue.

Break the blocks ahead with the Mace. Use your Sword on the
soldiers here they are quite tough. Go left and break the block on the far left and get a lot of stuff, then go through the door nearby.

In this BLOOD FOUNTAIN, your magic recovery will be augmented. Your Magic Recovery will be faster in easy terms. When finished, leave.

Go up this time. Step on the Vista Markers for more topical discussion from Kain. There is an Full Moon Gate here also.
Step on the Vista Marker by the Signpost to hear about Coorhagen, Kain's former home. There are some Flays in the shack ahead when done go into the next area.

The plague has this place. There won't be a lot of Blood to be had ahead, although this area seems affluent take what you need. You will see on the map their are three Houses to explore. the one on the left has a Heart of Darkness the middle one has nothing. You want to go into the House on the right where the piper attacks.

Another Shrine, there is an Save room in the door on the right. Watch the enemies and arrows and go through the gate on top. Go up follow the path take the gate at the bottom. Go down. Take the Energy Bank. In the projectile kill the enemies and press the switch on the left take the Blood Vial on your way out. This place should look familiar this time take the door on the right. Gab the stuff, and go up and take the door on the left. Try and avoid the fireballs the wizards cast at you. Get the stuff and the two Rune Triangles. At the end of this obstacle course is the Repel.

You can use this to protect yourself against wizards and other magic attacking enemies. It will deflect any fireball and send it hurtling back at the caster. Quite useful in situations like those you have just experienced.

Go through the door ahead. In the next area cast Repel immediately. Go down pull the chain on the end to open the door on the bottom go though it. Simply exit the next room.

This part also has three Houses. The House on the left is in fact a Tavern. The middle House has a Flay. The third House is just right. This happens to be a "Church" and the Bone Armor Shrine but going up.

There's an SAVE ROOM on the left. Go up to the Bone Armour mural and go left. Press the switch on the wall. Go back to the Bone mural and go up. Follow the path along to the exit. Watch out for the wraiths they are hard to detect. In the next area kill the wraiths and press the switch on the wall by the ribcage. Go down and right. Theres a tough sorcerer in the last room who will warp around the room if provoked. You must kill him to exit. In the next area go up along the ice path. When you get to the closed door go down. Watch out for the spikes and press the switch. Take the Heart of Darkness and go back up to the now opened door and exit. You can use the Wolf Form here to make this easier, goto the end to open the door and exit. The next area is like that of Nupraptors' Retreat. Take the Rune Triangle and go up to get the Bone Armour.

The Bone armour is pretty sweet, lower undead ignore you unless attacked. Offers less protection than Iron Armour. I suggest Iron Armor until you get better armour. Since you're still around a lot of unded, keep it on.

Go through the door ahead. In the next area the enemies won't challenge you if you are wearing the BONE ARMOUR so make your way to the exit. Make your way around the ice avoiding the spikes there's a Blood Vial here if you want to risk injury. At the end kill the sorcerer to open the door to your right.
Go through it. Cast REPEL kill the annoying wizard and go into the next room. Kill the bone sorcerer here to open the door below. Go down through the ice course and kill the wizards
below to open the door below. Grab the Rune Triangle and take the door on the left. In the next area simply exit.

There are two Houses this time. The one ahead is the one you want. The other one is a smithy with an interesting mural on the floor. Read one of the other chapters reguarding items for further divulgment.

Go right and break the barrels. One of them contains an Anti-Toxin.

Use this is you are poisoned, but you probably have not experienced this yet but later on you can be poisoned by drinking green blood. You can actually gain health if you use this fast enough. Nice item overall but useless if you play right and very carefully.

Go down the steps.

There are some banshee's here they can't harm you though. Press the switch on top and go to the bottom left room. Use the Mace on the chest and pull the lever here. Go to the top right room. Use the Mace on the chests again to get a Pentaliche of Tarot.

This will randomly use one of five deaths for yourr enemies. It's quite funny to watch sometimes. Nothing too special honestly, but nice when you have a full screen of enemies.

Pull the lever in this room also. Their are some Flays in the top left room. Now press the switch at the top of the room again to open the main door. Go onto the Teleporter to enter the Inspire Hate Shrine.

CONTINUED IN PART 2
Sign up to rate and review this story