Categories > Games > Legacy of Kain > 100% Guide to Legacy of Kain Series

Reference Guide

by taker 0 reviews

Important People and things

Category: Legacy of Kain - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Horror - Characters: Dumah, Elder God, Kain, Melchiah, Moebius, Rahab, Raziel, Turel, Zephon - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2007-01-25 - Updated: 2007-01-25 - 2439 words

0Unrated
LEGACY OF KAIN: REFERENCE GUIDE

By: Phillip "taker" Steriopoulos II

LEGAL STUFF: I DO NOT OWN THE RIGHTS TO BLOOD OMEN: LEGACY OF KAIN, LEGACY OF KAIN: BLOOD OMEN 2, LEGACY OF KAIN: SOUL REAVER, LEGACY OF KAIN: SOUL REAVER 2, AND LEGACY OF KAIN: DEFIANCE. THEY ARE NOT OF MY CREATIVE PROPERTY. THEY BELONG TO SILICON KNIGHTS AND CYRSTAL DYNAMICS, AND OF EIDOS ENTERTAINMENT. LOKFANATIC@HOTMAIL.COM HAS AN HTTP://GAMEFAQS.COM PLOT GUIDE THAT HAS GREATLY INFLUENCED THIS REFERNCE, PLOT AND GAME PLAY GUIDE. I DID AND I DO NOT INTEND TO STEAL ANY OF THE CREATIVITY FROM THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS.

Version History:
Version 1.0 submitted: May 18, 2005 (Original submission @ mediaminor.org)
Version 2.0 submitted: June 12, 2005 (Spelling, grammatical and additions to misc. page)
Version 3.0 submitted: July 7, 2005 (Added Soul Reaver's Original Script)
Version 4.0 submitted: July 9, 2005 (Added more to misc. information)
Version 5.0 submitted: July 11, 2005 (Fixed or Fixing up the entire guide.
ORIGINAL DELETED AT MEDIAMINOR.ORG in early 2006
Version 6.0 submitted: January 25, 2007 (Submitted to ficwad.com)

IMPORTANT PEOPLE, PLACES, OBJECTS

Kain: The Anti-Hero/Hero of the story. He is the Guardian of Balance, bestowed unto him by Ariel's death by the Hylden Lord. He is also the Scion of Balance who is destined to restore balance to Nosgoth. Kain has no children, in life or unlife. He was a Nobleman from the town of Coorhagen. However he was murdered and brought back to life by the Necromancer, Mortanious. His binding item is his own soul. After refusing the sacrifice, Kain proceeded to concur Nosgoth and return it to Vampire rule.

Ariel: The specter of the murdered Balance Guardian. She controlled and regulated the magic balance in Nosgoth before she was murdered by dark forces bent on overthrowing the Pillars of Nosgoth. After her death, her spirit was bound to the Pillars, in particular the Pillar of Balance until her successor full filled his terrible duty. She has always provided guidance to those who sought it; however she hides more than she lets on. She aided Kain on his fledgling journey and Raziel in his quest against Kain and his brethren. She was and always has been located at the Pillars of Nosgoth after her death. In life she was Nuprator's lover.

Raziel: A former member of the Sarafan Priesthood. He is killed by his Wraith self, when dueling for the Heart of Darkness (The Heart of Janos Audron). He was resurrected over 1,000 year's later as Kain's first vampiric son and lieutenant. He was cast into the Abyss after evolving with a pair of wings, and displaying them to his master Kain, who ripped them off. He was resurrected by Elder God, to become his Soul Reaver, a wraith that could devour vampiric and human souls to be churned into the Wheel of Fate. His clan's territory lay west of the Abyss. His clan is unknown to their appearance.

Turel: A former member of the Sarafan Priesthood. He was killed by the wraith Raziel. He was Kain's second vampiric son to be resurrected. His clan evolved more like flightless bats, and he himself was the more like a vampire bat. His telekinetic ability surpasses Kain's, however Azimuth, the Planar kidnapped Turel from Nosgoth's future and trapped him at the bottom of Avernus Cathedral's catacombs. His territory lay further north of Duma's. His clan has huge bat ears and giant eyes.

Duma: A former member of the Sarafan Priesthood. He was killed by the wraith Raziel along side Rahab. He was Kain's third vampiric son to be resurrected. His clan evolved with darker skin color, making them far more efficient predators. However due to his own pride he and his clan were unable to see a attack from the most unlikely of enemies, the humans that still live in Nosgoth. His territory lay north of the Abyss. His clan looks like they were armor plated.

Rahab: A former member of the Sarafan Priesthood. He was killed by the wraith Raziel along side Duma. He was Kain's fourth Vampiric son to be resurrected. His clan evolved to become immune to the deadly effects of water, however it cost them their immunity to the sunlight. He and his clan drowned an entire city to claim as their own. His clan is amphibious, and somewhat resembles a rattlesnake.

Zyphon: A former member of the Sarafan Priesthood. He was killed by the wraith Raziel along side Melchiah. He was Kain's fifth vampiric son to be resurrected. His clan territory laid to the east of the Abyss, but southwest of the Pillars of Nosgoth, in the Silenced Cathedral. His clan is spider like, and they took over the most deadly weapon to the vampires by silencing the uncorrupted worshippers there.

Melchiah: A former member of the Sarafan Priesthood. He was killed by the wraith Raziel along side Zyphon. He was the sixth and last vampiric son to be resurrected. Due to being last, he received the least amount of Kain's Vampiric Gift, and as each child before got less and less, he received the least. His own body retains much of his old body's frailty. His territory lay north of Raziel's territory. His clan is more zombie like than human like.

Azimuth, the Planar: The Guardian of Dimension in Kain's life. She was the matriarch of Avernus Cathedral. However her corruption caused her to bring demons from other dimensions to theirs, and also summoned Turel from Nosgoth's future. Her binding item is her third eye on her head. She is often seen in Avernus Cathedral.

Nupraptor, the Mentalist: The Guardian of the Mind in Kain's life. He was the reason the Pillars corrupted. Finding his lover Ariel murdered by unseen forces, suspected treachery and a madness so deep, it caused him and all other members of the Circle of Nine to over flow and corrupt them to, including the new born Kain immediately making it impossible for Kain to assume his role as Balance Guardian. His binding item is his brain. He has his own retreat in west of Vasserbunde.

Malek, the Sarafan: The Guardian of Conflict in Nosgoth. He is friends with Moebious, the Time Streamer. He was the sworn protector of the Circle of Nine; however he failed in his sworn duties to protect six of them when the ancient vampire, Vorador attacked them. As punishment, Mortanious fused his soul into his armor. His fighting abilities are greater than anyone else is due to his Guardianship. His binding item is his helmet. He can be summed by any member of the Circle if they wish it to be. His has his own Bastion in Nosgoth's mountains.

Bane, the Druid: The Guardian of Nature in Kain's life. He is a close friend with Dejoule, the Energist and Anaracrothe, the Alchemist. In his corruption he turned humans and wolves into creature whose appearance shattered all reality. His binding item is his Headdress. He is located in Dark Eden.

Dejoule, the Energist: The Guardian of Energy in Kain's life. She is a close friend with Bane, the Druid and Anaracrothe, the Alchemist. The energy in her body is so strong, it caused all those around her to burn and melt, and thus she wears a special insulated suit to protect herself and her close ones. Her binding item is her Insulated Cloak. She is located in Dark Eden.

Anaracrothe, the Alchemist: The Guardian of Energy in Kain's life. He is a close friend with Bane, the Druid and Dejoule, the Energist. His body is chemically scarred from his numerous experiments. When Kain found Dejoule, Bane and Anaracrothe in Dark Eden, instead of fighting Kain, Anaracrothe summed Malek to defend him and left Dark Eden to places unknown. He is located in Dark Eden and again at the Pillars of Nosgoth for the Grande Finale.

Moebious, the Time Streamer: The Guardian of Time in Nosgoth. He is one of the few humans that were adopted or abducted by the ancient vampires. After seeing his fellow guardians turned into Vampires, Moebious and Mortanious got into cahoots, after heard the worlds of Elder God. He and Mortanious over threw the vampiric rule in Nosgoth and now live alone in Nosgoths furthest mountains, telling people of their destinies. He is also one of Elder God's most faithful servants.

Mortanious, the Necromancer: The Guardian of Death in Nosgoth. He was most likely the first human successors from the ancient vampire guardian. However with insistence from Moebious, and his own feelings of hatred for vampires, he helped eliminate the other vampiric guardians. However some years after he is poessed by a dark entity. He also resurrects the human Kain as a Vampire. He also wishes to redeem for killing the Vampire Guardians, that he was sworn to serve with by creating the Scion of Balance.

Janos Audron: One of the last vampires born into Nosgoth. He is an ancient vampire, who fought against the Hylden in an epic war thousands of years before Kain walked Nosgoth. He was born in Uschtenheim but lived in a retreat north, for his own safety. He is also the keeper of the Blood Reaver, for which it was forged for the Vampiric Hero to wield. However Janos Audron's heart was ripped from his chest, and the Blood Reaver stolen in Nosgoths past, by the Order of the Sarafan Priesthood. However he was resurrected during Kain's fledgling journey in Nosgoth, when Raziel restored the heart to him, however he was also the perfect vessel for the Hylden Lord to take, and released the Hylden from their dimension to create the events of Blood Omen 2.

William, the Just/The Nemesis: King of a magnificent empire, turned to darkness by Moebious the Time Streamer, however Kain found a chance to go back in time and fight in mortal combat against the boy king turned tyrant. Both wielding the Soul Reaver, however because Kain killed the gentle, beloved, beneficiary boy king, he inspired a hatred among citizens in Nosgoth towards Vampires.

Vorador: The first human to receive the dark gift, bestowed unto him by the infamous, Janos Audron. He also crafted the Reaver Blade at the best of his friend and master, Janos Audron. However the years of persecution have taught Vorador a valuable lesson about interfering in the affairs of men. By assaulting and killing six of the Circle of Nine, and defeated their defender, Malek. The vampire's haven't had too much to worry about from the Sarafan. He is caught by Moebious' Hunters and executed south of William the Just's Stronghold, however he makes a reappearance in Blood Omen 2 as the Leader of the Cabal. His resurrection is yet to be explained, this author feels The Seer saved him.

Blood Reaver/Reaver Blade/Soul Reaver: The sword Kain finds in Avernus Cathedral, which is destroyed in the fight with William the Just, restored by Raziel's Wraith Blade, and is destroyed again on him. It is the weapon that's to foretell the salvation of the vampire race by stealing the life blood from their enemies.

Wraith Blade: The phantom weapon that the Wraith Raziel has embedded on his right arm. His own soul twined and inexplicitly bound tougher in a fragile alliance.

Vampire Hero/Vampire Messiah: A blue skinned, talon hand, winged vampire who bears the Reaver Blade, destined to free the vampires from the Hylden's Curse and cast the Hylden down from the rims of Nosgoth forever. He is destinded to destroy the Hylden Hero/Messiah by driving using the Reaver Blade.

Hylden Hero/Hylden Messiah: A Hylden that bears a flaming sword and blazing eyes, who is destined to free the Hylden from the constraints of the Demon Dimension, and destined to bring the Hylden back to Nosgoth by destroying the Vampire Hero/Messiah with the flaming Sword.

The Builder: The one who made the Device.

The Device: The ultimate weapon to kill all non-Hylden life in Nosgoth.

The Seer: The only Hylden who hasn't lost form nor was she banished. She lives near Meridian, alone. She owes Vorador a favor and is willing to give counsel to those who can safely seek her counsel.

The Hylden Lord/Hash'ak'gik/The Sarafan Lord/The Unspoken: The Hylden that resides inside Mortanious. He also has a deep hatred for the vampires, for damning him to the Demon Dimension and the lateness of his races messiah/hero. He restarts the Sarafan Brotherhood after Kain refuses the sacrifice at the pillars.

Hylden: Another race that lived in Nosgoths past, however because they refused to surrender to the Wheel of Fate like the Vampires, they were locked in a war for thousands of years, and eventually lost, and thus were banished. Lt. Raziel heavily resembled a Hylden outside having hair and fangs, before they were banished.

The Pillars of Nosgoth: The Pillars are truly the lock that holds the Hylden back from setting foot in Nosgoth, however because the humans have forgotten their true meaning, and started killing vampires, the binding that prevents the Hylden from returning, is weakening. The balance of Nosgoth is destroyed by the Corruption of the Pillars and Kain's Refusal to restore balance, however Kain alone is not at fault for their corruption.

The Circle of Nine/The Guardians of the Pillars of Nosgoth: The Guardians are selected at birth. They serve the pillars they are aligned to. The pillars are meant to be served by vampires, but because they are no longer born, humans serve the function but are to imcompitant to serve the pillars..

The Dark Gift/Curse: A gift that has been bestowed unto all vampires, the gift contains Immortality, Sterility and a preditorial blood thirst of humans. Because of their Immortality, many vampires could not bare the loss of being unable to return to their god, many took their own lives. This was the curse that the Hylden put onto the Vampire Race for banishment from the world.

The Elder God: A God that lives all over Nosgoth. He resurrected Raziel when he fell into the abyss; he also counseled Moebious into the over throw of the vampires. He was the God the Vampires believed in. However one cannot see him unless you are his direct servant.

The Wheel of Fate: The inexorable circle of Death and Rebirth to which all living souls are compelled to return to. When a creature dies, its soul returns to Elder God, for him to churn the soul into a new life.

The Nexus Stone: The ultimate defense against the Soul Reaver. Not much else is known about it, rather it was made by the Hylden to protect them against the Reaver or made by the Vampires incase the Reaver fell into the Hyldens hands.
Sign up to rate and review this story