Categories > Games > Legacy of Kain > 100% Guide to Legacy of Kain Series

Items and Abilities

by taker 0 reviews

The Items and Abilities of the series.

Category: Legacy of Kain - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Horror - Characters: Kain - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2007-01-25 - Updated: 2007-01-25 - 3432 words

0Unrated
DEFIANCE ITEMS AND WEAPONS

The Blood Reaver: Kain's only weapon.

The Wraith Blade: Raziel's only weapon.

Balance Emblem: Holds the pieces of Time, Dimension, Thunder and Fire.

Fire Fragment: Inspires hate with all Kain's enemies on screen, also gives Kain's TK the ability to light Braziers.

Dimension Fragment: Allows Kain to warp and hit enemies around him at instantaneous speed.

Thunder Fragment: Strikes all Kain's enemies with lighting.

Time Fragment: Decreases Kains speed by half, however it decreases his enemies speed by three fourths of their normal speed.

The Dark Reaver: The Wraith Blade forged with element of Darkness. Allowed Raziel to hide in darkness or change the extremity of light to dark.

The Light Reaver: The Wraith Blade forged with element of Light. Blinds Raziel's enemies or changes the extremity of dark to light.

The Fire Reaver: The Wraith Blade forged with element of Fire. Burns all enemies within its blast radius.

The Wind Reaver: The Wraith Blade forged with element of Wind. Blows all enemies away from Raziel, but also could impale if the enemy was close to some the impale them with. Can also destroy comprimised structures and activate wind pipes.

The Water Reaver: The Wraith Blade forged with element of Water. It could freeze waterfalls and enemies

The Earth Reaver: The Wraith Blade forged with the element of Earth. It could create pathways for Raziel to follow.

The Spirit Reaver: THe Wraith Blades final and most powerful form. By sacraficing her life, Ariel's soul conjoined into the Wraith Blade clensing it of all the evils and impurities so the Scion of Balace can be prepared for the final battle.

DELETED MATERIAL FROM LEGACY OF KAIN: BLOOD OMEN

DELETED WEAPONS/ITEMS FROM LEGACY OF KAIN: BLOOD OMEN

Bone Reaver: I stumbled on this at http://thelostworlds.net from what the owner and several other fans (including me) think that there was a way to get Vorador's sword, which he uses when killing the Circle members. The blade was somewhat like the Soul Reaver's, HOWEVER it had a bone handle. No one knows how far into the game during production it was cut. It was probably companied with the Bone Armor.

The Shield: While searching around in the armories prior to Malek's Bastion one finds a Shield symbol on the ground, one can assume that Kain found a shield to help him out in his journey, however one can also find a shield in Malek's Throne Room when fighting him above his chair at the most northern end. BLOOD OMEN

Iron Sword: One assumes that while you're searching another smithery, you find on the ground an Iron Sword painting, one can only guess that Kain would have to fight bare handed until then. BLOOD OMEN


DELETED CHARACERS FROM LEGACY OF KAIN: BLOOD OMEN

Most characters from Blood Omen had different names but they were eventually changed, I'm re-represtenting them here (once more thanks to Blincoln from http://thelostworlds.net for taking the time and finding them)...

ORIGINAL NAME: FINAL NAME
Adonathiel: Ariel
Guillaume: Malek
Orzach: Bane
Nauzhinger: Anarcrothe
Hericus: Azimuth
Bridenal: Moebius

Vorador too had his named changed to Infernus however it was changed back. I think Vorador matched the appearance MUCH better than Infernus would.

DELETED LOCATIONS FROM LEGACY OF KAIN: BLOOD OMEN

There were extra blood fountains that gave Kain more abilities. One gave Kain protection from the waters of Vorador's Swamp and another improved Kain's Vampiric abilites. Appearantly there were also other Blood Fountains that would be used as a Vampiric refueling station, however that would have made the game far to easy to beat. The reason the other two were deleted are still a mystery to this author, I can only assume that water immunity would make the game too easy, and the ability probably gave Kain too much strength.

DELETED EVENTS FROM LEGACY OF KAIN: BLOOD OMEN

Kain's Death FMV: There was originally a FMV of Kain leaving the bar and getting assaulted and killed during the Blood Omen opening movie, however Amy Henning pointed out to Ben Lincoln (Blincoln if you haven't caught on) that the movie didn't go so smoothly as they hoped. It also showed Kain as a blonde, however that was changed since they didn't know what hair they wanted to make Kain. There some pictures up at The Lost Worlds (http://thelostworlds.net) .

Vorador's Chest Game: When Kain first met Vorador, he issued a challenge to Kain at a game of chest. Kain with the Mind Control ability would be able to take control of a piece and put Vorador in a classic Checkmate; however the wrong move would put Kain into a fight.

The Circle's Traitor: There was an alternate version of Mortanius and Anacrothe's argument near the end of the game. Ariel's Murderer was left a mystery, however Anacrothe accuses Mortanius of being the circle's traitor, which is true in both conversations, however it launches Morty into a long monologue (Movie Villain Style) that he DID in fact kill Ariel. Since this is an alternate conversation, it may not apply to future games, however it did hint that forces were behind her death that do play a part in Defiance. I and a few others still believe Mortanious, UNDER the influence of the Hylden Lord believe he murdered Ariel, however a future game may say otherwise.

DELETED MATERIAL FROM LEGACY OF KAIN: BLOOD OMEN 2

DELETED EXTRAS FROM LEGACY OF KAIN: BLOOD OMEN 2

Apperently there was a Bonus Mode that after completing the game, the play would have Kain's Iron Armor and Soul Reaver and all the Dark Gifts and the ability to jump levels. However difficulties arrived when at certain stages instead of having all Dark Gifts, you would only retain what you were supposed to have for example you could not play Canyons with Telekensis and Immolate however you could play the Slums with Jump. There is also areas in the endings that Kain would have visited other towns and places but I guess it would match the stage theme the game had.

DELETED ABILITES FROM LEGACY OF KAIN: BLOOD OMEN 2

Speed Ability: There are just some of the really REALLY broken abilites. Speed would make Kain move 1.5x faster and his enemies move and ½ speed, that would CLEARLY make it too easy to beat the game (since it is really easy to beat already), it was eventually rebuilt into the Berserk ability.

Stealth Ability: I don't think I should explain this but I will. It would make Kain have easy stealth kills as long as he went unnoticed however this gave Kain to much power again, and was turned into the Mist Ability.

Rapture Ability: This was the original form of Immolate. It would cause Kain's enemy to explode in the goriest fashion ever; however it prevented Kain from regaining any lost health and lore. This would make the game harder to play since you need a lot of health for later stages like the Hylden City. After some rebuffering, it instead was made more powerful by allowing Kain to gain health and lore from the enemy.

DELETED EVENTS FROM LEGACY OF KAIN: SOUL REAVER

DELETED WEAPONS FROM LEGACY OF KAIN: SOUL REAVER

The Cross Bow: When Raziel killed a human armed with a cross bow or found one, he would be able to shoot enemies with arrows, and the damage done is unknown. SOUL REAVER

The Flamethrower: When Raziel found a Flamethrower he would be able to burn any vampire to death like the Vampire Hunters do. SOUL REAVER

DELETED ABILITES/GLYPHS FROM LEGACY OF KAIN: SOUL REAVER

The Spirit Glyph: A glyph that stole the soul from every living creature outside its user's blast radius. Its location remains unknown..

The Sunlight Reaver: One blow stuns, the second kills in a flash of light that blinds/stuns nearby enemies. Unfortunately, the projectiles effect is unknown.

The Water Reaver: One blow stuns, the second kills through burning with water. If you used the projectile, it burns them with water.

The Stone/Earth Reaver: One blow stuns/temporarily petrifies, the second shatters the enemy and has an area-effect damage. Unfortunately, the projectiles effect is unknown.

The Sound Reaver: One blow shatters the enemy, as does the projectile.

The Spirit (Ariel) Reaver: One blow destroys the enemy, as does the projectile.

The Amplified (Kain) Reaver: Has all of the abilities from all the other Reavers.

Shift-At-Will: After defeating Kain in Moebious's Chronoplast Chamber, Raziel would attempt to finish Kain off, but only succeed in consuming part of his soul. However the small part gave Raziel an immense power, like Kain he could shift-at-will anytime in the spirit realm without the aid of a planar portal. However he still required full health to shift.

Possession: After killing the Priestess in the Temple, Raziel would be able to take over a living creature's body while leaving his physical body in a protected state. This would help him gain entry to Turel's Clan Territory.

Enhanced Telekinesis: After killing Turel, Raziel would gain a much more enhanced telekinetic ability.

DELETED CHARACTERS FROM LEGACY OF KAIN: SOUL REAVER

The Priestess: A human who lead the humans in the Human Citadel to worship Kain. She was the source of all corruption in the Human Citadel. She would be on a high platform which Raziel could not reach. She would take control of targets (not you luckily) and fight you. Killing her would be a different story, but by killing her you would gain the Possession Ability and finally make your way back to Nosgoth's Northern Wastes and go confront Turel.

Turel: Originally after defeating the Priestess Raziel would go back to the Ash Village/Oracale of Nosgoth's Cave. There with the ability to Shift-At-Will and Possession he would gain entry to Turel's Clan Territory and face him. Killing he is unknown but due to deleted dialogue the way to kill him was forcing him into water however it maybe possible there was no water and the way to kill him will remain unknown.

DELETED LOCATIONS FROM LEGACY OF KAIN: SOUL REAVER

The Temple: Originally the Human Citadel DID have a purpose outside gaining the Water Glyph, a Mana fragment and several health coils. A fanatical group of humans who worshiped Kain (and other Vampires) as gods, worshiped in the Temple which was in the Human Citadel. Here Raziel would find the cancer that infected the city which was the Priestess.

Turel's Clan Territory: With Shift-At-Will and Possession Raziel would gain entry to the Smokestack (seen in the opening movie) and to Turel's Territory. His territory had a continuous jumping puzzle, a notable chandelier, and was filled with lava. However it was close to Dark Eden (from Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen) but was not Dark Eden.

Kain's Mountain Retreat: This is the second to last stop on Raziel's Journey.. Kain and Raziel would fight one last time with Raziel slaying Kain and putting his soul into the Wraith Blade to make the Amplified (Kain) Reaver.

Pinnacle of the Silenced Cathedral: After combing Ariel's and Kain's souls togher in the Wraith Blade, Raziel was now equipped to destroy anything and everything in all of Nosgoth and able to clear out the pipes of the Silence Cathedral. Raziel would have to make sure there was nothing clogging the deadly sound from the pipes to make sure that he destroyed every single vampire in Nosgoth. When finished, since Raziel had over 40 different abilites, it made him pretty much invincible and Elder God's most powerful servant.

DELETED EVENTS FROM LEGACY OF KAIN: SOUL REAVER

The last three visions in the Chronoplast Chamber are present in different games. Kain and Raziel ready to fight, think about the Pillars of Nosgoth in Soul Reaver 2 OR think Avernus Cathedral in Defiance, I believe the Pillars in Soul Reaver 2 since Raziel hadn't spared Kain's life yet for Defiance to happen. The slaying of Ariel was in Defiance when Raziel ACCEPTED her hand and made the Spirit Reaver and made it possible for him to heal the Scion of Balance. The last scene with Raziel standing at a ledge was when Raziel had the Fire Reaver at Janos' Retreat in Soul Reaver 2.

The Temple and the Priestess: The human Citadel's purpose was to give Raziel the Possession ability by killing the Priestess. To get there it involved shifting, climbing, jumping from different places in the city and the big water tower in the center. The Playstation's and PC engine couldn't handle the Temple's area and thus got cut, however the Dream Casts engine could handle it, and with a cheat device you can warp there for all three systems, originally the tower's puzzle would be fixing the water level so Raziel could goto different areas and swim (presumably) into the temple. Raziel would have to find a way to harm the priestess since she was a high above ledge controlling creatures below her. After killing her, Raziel would leave through a window that is still in the city in the released version. There are many area's in the city that look like there was once a doorway, but now they're walls.

Turel and his Clan's Territory: After gaining the Possession from the Priestess Raziel would go to the Oracles cave and work his way from different ledges (that remain if you have a gameshark with the fly code) to get to Turel's Territory. Upon reaching the top, Raziel (presumably) would have to fight Turel, kill him and gain an enhanced Telekinetic ability and be able to "fly" to Kain's Mountain Retreat. It was deleted due to technical problems with the whole area for the Playstations and PC's engine and they were also rapidly approaching their deadline for the game. Some of the ledges remain in the game, but only if you have the flying cheat enabled. There is also a doorway or WAS a doorway on one ledge that would have lead to Turel's Territory.

Kain's Mountain Retreat: Much is unknown about this final area. No one but those who worked on the game and planed out KMR before it got cut knows how big it was, if there were enemies and puzzles. All we know is this is where Kain and Raziel would fight one last time. The last three scenes of the Chronoplast chamber are done here. However since the above two area's and four abilities weren't included, this was easily cut from the game.

The Pinnacle of the Silenced Cathdreal: After flying to the top of the Cathedral, Raziel would kill out every single creature in Nosgoth, by allowing the sound to flow through the entire Cathedral. This is where the last and final scene of the game would take place.

The Ending: After clearing out every single pipe in the Silenced Cathedral, Raziel would blast a deadly hymn through out Nosgoth, and exterminate every single child of the night. Elder God would then congratulate you on destroying everything that would have once called him kin. This was the original ending to the story, and the end of Kain's Legacy.

LEGACY OF KAIN: SOUL REAVER 2

DELETED MATERIAL FROM LEGACY OF KAIN: SOUL REAVER 2

DELETED CHARACTERS FROM LEGACY OF KAIN: SOUL REAVER 2

Younger Kain: Apperently Raziel was to encounter the Younger Kain, however this was cut. The only way he could have found Kain was during his travel to Janos' Mountain Retreat. No one knows what was to happen nor how far into devolpement he got cut. A Gamespot Review said Raziel would have to contend with the Kain of his time and of Kain's youth.

Vampires: There was a surprise among fans that there were hardly any living vampires outside Vorador, Kain, and Janos. Several Sources stated that vampires were to also be part of Soul Reaver 2, however there was only three Vampires. There is also concept art of Vampires in the games Bonus Features. There purpose is unknown, you could kill them but there they probably like the Humans from Soul Reaver 2.

Turel: Yes Raziel's final brother was supposed to have been an important character in this game, however SR2 had the same fate as SR did with time constraints for the next generation system, and he too was dropped from the final cut. I assume that Turel and Kain would have died in Soul Reaver 2, but was extended to a third game (Defiance).

DELETED EVENTS FROM LEGACY OF KAIN: SOUL REAVER 2

Vampire Staking Scene: While wondering around Moebious' Crusade era, Raziel would find some of his thugs killing an innocent succubus (Female Vampire). The creators decided that it would give Raziel's discontent away too soon; it could have been placed before Raziel finds Janos in my opnion, but that would still be soon or it could be between Janos' Death and the Stronghold, however again that might ruin the thrill of the hunt.

Meeting with the fledgling Kain: In Soul Reaver 2, several sources claimed to have made mention that during Soul Reaver 2's COA (Course of Action) Raziel would have run into the Young Kain, before he made himself the King of Nosgoth but after his fledgling Journey. The only era Raziel could have met the fledgling Kain was when Raziel was exploring Uschtenheim of the future, in which Moebious has sent him after not killing the Ancient Kain.

DELETED LOCATIONS FROM LEGACY OF KAIN: SOUL REAVER 2

Sky High Swamp City: Again, while looking around in The Lost Worlds (http://thelostworlds.net) I found something interesting, Blincoln found (after a strong recommendation) a hidden city above the swamp using the flying cheat with a game shark. Since most of the action takes place underground, is normal for one to miss it. However it appears Crystal Dynamics wanted Raziel to also gain entry to sky high swamp city near the Vorador's Swamp. Unfortunately, nothing else is known about the city except that it's only available with the Fly Cheat, and that something important MUST have been there and most likely from the Time Line of Nosgoth, the city was once inhabited by most likely Vampires, but seeing they are now ruins, it could have also been a human city. The mystery behind the swamp will remain a mystery sadly.

Roofs of Uschtenheim: Apparently (again thanks to Blincoln and The Lost Worlds http://thelostworlds.net) Uschtenheim had more going for it that it seems. With the fly code enabled, one can explore the tops of the town, an event must have transpired in order to remain in the games engine. There was most likely a jumping puzzle involved, but now it's just a leg trip to meet Janos.

Aerie Outpots: Like the Swamp, all we know is that it exisits. Since you can stand/touch all of them, perhaps they too and more meaning?

Reaver Forges: All the elements of Earth, Fire, Water, Wind, Light, Dark, Sprit, However only the Fire, Light, Dark, and Wind made it into the final release. The other's would have been too powerful or were not finish as they were nearing the launch date. One can find the most likely area for the Spirit Forge at the bottom of the lake near the Sarafan Strong Hold at the bottom. One can see the Abyss symbol on the ground in addition to several pillars.

DELETED ABILIES FROM LEGACY OF KAIN: SOUL REAVER 2

Constrict: This was easily removed since in the original Soul Reaver, Constrict would kill ANY human in one spin, so all a player would need to do is run around in circles to kill everyone.

Soul Reaver 1 fighting system: There are screen shots of Raziel lifting and throwing enemies like the first fighting system however since SR used a environment based killing system, and SR2 didn't have the vampires like the original did, it was taken out along with the Soul Reaver's Finishing Move since the move killed human's in one strike.

Pillars with Glyph Symbols: In several promo cuts of SR2 pictures, there are Pillars of Nosgoth seen with the Glyph Symbols from the first game, was there ever intent on a Pillar of Glyphs or were they just cool to have pictures of? The Glyphs were fun in the first game, however they weren't important to carry over, apparently they planned for both Glpyhs and Reaver abilites but got cut due to time.

Reaver Abilites: Some more screen shots from The Lost Worlds (http://thelostworlds.net) shows that one could have used the reavers to have spells or abilites, fire made a right of fire and Dark made you invisible. These were cut from time constraints again sadly along with the Glyphs.
Sign up to rate and review this story