Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Here Is Your Verse

Harebrained Scheme

by killxsmile 5 reviews

first date fun.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-01-25 - Updated: 2007-01-26 - 1390 words - Complete

0Unrated
Author's Note: Finals ended yesterday, giving me some time to write.

Hugs go out to the following:
-LoVe-CaNt-SaVe-YoU-
xmixedxtapex
duckapple


Your reviews made me smile.

Chapter Three: Harebrained Scheme

I'm not nosy, I'm just concerned. People are hurting, they've all been burned. Being alone is no way to be. Don't worry at all, just leave it to me.
-Freezepop

Emi's POV

"Hey Emi, what happened to you?" Ben asked pointing to the fresh stains on my back.
"A guy spilled hot coffee on me," I said.
"Do you want me to get you some ice?" He asked. Just when I thought all guys were assholes, my little brother saved the day.
"Yes, please."

On my bed, I found the outfit Liv left me: an off the shoulder top with black and white stripes and a pair of ripped jeans. Cute, but not trying too hard. Since my clothes were currently sticky and stained, I decided to change early.

A few minutes later, Ben came back with an ice pack in one hand and Ferris Bueller in the other. "Can we watch this?" he asked. For a 5-year old, he had a really good taste in movies.
"Sure," I popped it into my DVD player and plopped onto my bed. He sat down next to me. "Thanks, Ben. I really needed this."
"Well, you've been sad a lot so I wanted to cheer you up... It's one of your favorites, right?"
"Yeah." I smiled. Did I mention that he was the best brother ever?

An hour and a half later, we were still laughing and quoting Principal Rooney.

"Let my Cameron GO!" I laughed as I held the now melted ice pack to my back.
"You're too awesome." I gave him a hug then kissed his cheek. If all guys were as sweet as my little brother, the world would be a much better place.
"No problem, Emi..." he said with a bright smile on his face. "Oh yeah, Jasper called while you were out. He said that you're going haffenour later. His cousin has a show at a club." I smiled at how he squished words together.
"Okay, thanks."

My alarm clock read 5:00, meaning I had more than two hours to kill.
"Hey, are you up for a game of bowling?" I asked. He jumped off the bed.
"I'll set up the Wii."

Before I knew it, Ben and I had played 31 frames of bowling and my arm was killing me. Let's just say I got a little competitive when it came to video games. With about 20 minutes to spare, I decided to make myself presentable. Ben of course followed me into the bathroom.

"Where are you going?" he asked. Sitting on the covered toilet, he watched me apply my make up.
"The movies with Liv and Jasper," I said.
"Oh. I thought you said you didn't like 3-wheelies."
"You mean being the /third wheel/...Well kind of have a date..."
"I hope he makes you smile like before."
"I hope so too." Ben left and I quickly ran a straightener through my hair. Within seconds of putting it down, the doorbell rang. Great timing, if I do say so myself.

"I've got it!" I yelled. Opening the door, I only saw Liv and Jasper.
"Hey, we're meeting my cousin at the theater. He's still playing at a gig."
"Oh, okay."
"Have fun, Emi," my mom said.
"Thanks!"

*
"Oh fuck," I muttered under my breath. As we stepped into the theater, I saw the asshole from Starbucks walking around the lobby. And he was still on his cell phone.
"What?" Liv asked.
"It's nothing..."

"We're getting tickets... umm, she's the half-Asian in a striped top," Jasper said into his cell. "Yeah, see you in there."
"Are you excited?" Jasper asked.
"Mildly."

We bought tickets to a random horror movie that was playing. Walking into the lobby I crossed my fingers. Then, across the room, I saw a cute guy wearing a trucker hat. He smiled and started walking our way. Maybe this won't be so bad...

"Emi," Jasper said, tapping my shoulder. "This is my cousin Pete."
I turned around and there he was, in all of his arrogant glory.
"So the asshole has a name," I said. "I almost didn't recognize you without your phone glued to the side of your face."
"Wait a second, you know him?" Liv asked.
"Not exactly...he spilled hot coffee onto my back earlier today."
"Hey, I said I was sorry," he said, putting his hands up in defense.
"Yeah, while you were on your phone." I glared at him. "Maybe if you spent a little less time on that thing and a little more time watching where you were going, shit like that wouldn't happen."
"Like I told you earlier I was in the middle of a really important call," he said raising his voice.
"Guys, relax," Jasper said, playing peacemaker between us.
"We already bought tickets, so we might as well watch the movie, right?" Liv said.
"Yeah, sure," I said, reluctantly. Jasper went through the trouble of setting it up, so I felt somewhat obligated. Anyways, after the movie I wouldn't have to see him again.

We bought some popcorn, them walked into theater 8. As usual, we sat in the row second to the back, also known as make out central. I unwillingly took a seat next to Pete, who held the tub of popcorn. After a few trailers rolled, the movie began.

As most horror movies, the plot was completely stupid. A bunch of girls decided to explore caves and stumbled into a secret civilization of cannibals. Predictable, yet gory. I loved it. Pete on the other hand looked like he'd seen a ghost. He was clutching the tub of popcorn for dear life. The look on his face was priceless.

After the movie, Liv was hungry and decided that a dinner was in order. We found a pizza place not so far away. Each of us pitched in about $3, and we were able to get a large pepperoni pizza. Waiting for our order, we took our seats.

"So how did you guys like the movie?" Liv asked.
"No plot, but it was really funny," I said, ripping a napkin into thin strips.
"You have a twisted sense of humor," Pete commented.
"I guess I do. The excessive amounts of blood were amusing, but they were nothing compared to watching you squirm in your seat." Now that I took a good look at him, he was somewhat attractive.
"Very funny."

While waiting for our food, Pete talked about his band. Apparently he played bass and wrote lyrics. I've never seen someone so enthusiastic about anything. He may have been an asshole, but he was a happy asshole.

Our pizza eventually came. While we were eating, I could feel him staring at me.
"Did you want the last slice?" I asked. He shook his head and directed his gaze toward the window. I could swear that he was blushing.

As if on cue, Liv's mom called just as we finished up. Apparently it was already midnight, and she was just a tad angry that we were out past curfew. We walked into the parking lot and quickly found Jasper's car.

"See you around, Pete," Jasper said. He gave him a half-hug then got into the driver's seat.
"It was nice meeting you," Liv said through the passengers window.
"Likewise." He smiled. Jesus, his teeth were perfect.
"Maybe we could do this again sometime?" Pete asked, opening the car door for me. Curveball much?
"Maybe..." It was the only polite thing I could say.

I watched him through the rear view mirror as we pulled out of the parking lot. He stood there for a few seconds, then headed toward his car.

"He likes you," Jasper said in a matter-of-factly tone. Now the question was do I like him? I have no idea what it was, but something about Pete intrigued me. Sure, my first impression of him was shit, but when he talked about music he seemed...genuine.

Still, do I really want to date a guy who incessantly talks on his cell phone and spills steaming hot coffee on people without so much as a sincere apology?

No.

*
Review. In exchange I'll give you my undying love. And jellybeans.
Sign up to rate and review this story