Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Destined Love

Chapter 5

by XJaideX 0 reviews

Miroku and Sango love each other deeply, but they never seem to let the other know of their true feelings. Will Sango finally express herself when shes about to loose the only man shes ever loved? ...

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Miroku, Sango - Published: 2007-01-26 - Updated: 2007-01-26 - 1053 words

-1TrainWreck
New Chapter =]

~ o O o ~


They had been traveling in silence for almost an hour. All still to worried to carry on a conversation. The day was still young and the sun was warm against their skin. Sango's hair was down and hung heavy on her drooped shoulders as she tiredly trudged along the beaten path to the village. She still wore her demon slayer uniform with her Hiraikotsu fastened on her back. And as they continued on, shot worried glances at Miroku a hundred times a minute. Kagome was riding on Kirara, trying her best to stay awake. She even slapped her self a few times to stay alert, but it just wasn't working anymore. Shippo was still being carried by Kirara asleep, occasionally he would mumble and stir and then everything would be silent again. Inuyasha continued to lead the way carrying Miroku, the sun causing him to grow drowsier by the minute.

"There it is," Inuyasha said as his eyes set sight on the village. "Finally!" Kagome exclaimed. "We can all rest, it's been such a long day." "Yes it has." Sango turned to her friend with an awkward smile.

Inuyasha let out a pained laugh and they all turned to look at him. "Were going to have to pay tonight... Miroku can't exactly do his fake exorcism in this condition." They all tried to smile at his attempt to uplift the situation, and he lowly growled knowing his attempt had been futile.

"You're right, we're kinda lucky that we have some money with us. We've started making it a habit to rely on Miroku. I'll go ahead and speak to the villagers." Kagome drunkenly slid of Kirara and rubbed her eyes. "I'll be back soon." And with that she was on her way, sprinting quickly towards the village. Slowly disappearing as she neared the horizons threshold with every leap.

"Inuyasha?" "Yes, Sango." His voice was firm and smooth. "I never had the chance to ask you two, what became of Naraku after you followed him through the portal?"

"He managed to get away." He replied dryly. Suddenly his footsteps came to a halt, and he lifted his gaze towards the falling sun. "I don't know what is going to happen to us Sango, sometimes it's as if we are fighting a loosing battle. I don't want anything to happen to any of you.... Some changes are going to have to be made." He sighed heavily hoping Sango wouldn't pester him further. But as he had assumed he heard her lips begin to move. "What do yo-" He quickly began to walk again, cutting her sentence short. A vision of a mortally wounded Kagome entered his thoughts. "I could never forgive myself if one of you were to die Sango." And with that she was quiet.

The night was raven dark and the brilliant moon found it's way onto the Hanyou that lay awake against the wall. His expression was strained, and his eyes looked exceptionally tired yet he wouldn't sleep, he couldn't sleep! Miroku was sprawled on a colorless mat, some covers and an alien pillow from Kagome's time comforted him as he rested on the floor. He had also been changed into clean white robes, and his hair washed clean from the blood and dirt of the battle. Sango lay sleeping next to him, an outstretched hand resting on his cursed palm. The warmth radiating from his body sending peace throughout her dreams. Inuyasha just sat there, mostly staring at Kagome as she peacefully dreamed with Shippo in her arms. Occasionally he'd turn his gaze to Sango, and then Miroku. And at one point softly whispered, "Those two love each other. I hope they realize that."

What are we doing? This battle is a useless one and I have been too angry to realize it! I have been hauling their ass's village to village not realizing that we ALL have been hurt by Naraku, not just me. He again turned to Miroku. I don't want a premature death to be any of their fates. We came so close this time, and I now have a taste of death. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if something like that were to happen to Kagome, or any of my FRIENDS at that. He clenched his hand into a tight fist, and his claws violently bit into his skin. "I have been irrational, I will no longer let them put their lives on the line! Only I will sacrifice my life." Kagome stirred about in her sleep, drifting Inuyasha from his thoughts. His hands relaxed at the sight of her beautiful face, "Kagome..." he whispered with a smile. Her essence seemed to engulf him as he watched her chest rise and fall as she slept. His eyes slowly began to drift close and in minutes the half demon was finally able to fall asleep. Soft breathing was all that was heard throughout the cabin.

The morning sunrise was exceptionally beautiful. The birds sung and the village was up and about. Shouts and laughs vibrating from the outside. Kagome was up already and outside staring at the sunrise while the rest slept inside.

The world is so marvelous, its a shame that such evil exists in such a beautiful place. She leaned against the tree that hovered on the hill and overlooked the valley. It was surely a beautiful sight.

"Kagome?" A deep yet soft voice called out to her, and she turned to find Inuyasha standing behind her rubbing the sleep from his tired eyes. "What are you doing?"

"Oh, I just needed some fresh air." She leaned back and rested her head on his chest. The gesture causing his cheeks to flush red. They both stood in silence as they watched the sunrise. "It's pretty amazing." Inuyasha whispered. "Yes it is." She turned to give him a smile and again rested her head on his chest.

~ o O o ~

Sorry that I took so long you guys. It was the end and start of a new Semester and I had a lot of work to do. But I'm back and I have some time to spare so ill try to get this story done as soon as possible. Hope you enjoyed :) Oh and please review I love reviews :)
Sign up to rate and review this story