Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Rhyme of the Wolf

Uh. This chapter doesn't have a title. So ha.

by Neonz 1 review

;o. I might have accidently put some A+A in here. Oopsy. :D.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2007-01-27 - Updated: 2007-01-27 - 1116 words - Complete

0Unrated
Hi everyone. This is the next chapterrr. :D.

DISCLAIMER!!

Lawyer: You must make TWO disclaimers to make up for the one you forgot last chapter!

Me: What?! Do I have to?

Lawyer: Yes.

Me: Fine.

I do not own Class of the Titans.

I do not own Class of the Titans.

Me: Happy?

Lawyer: Yes.

------------------

-Insert chapter name here-

You know how they say before you die, your whole life flashes before your eyes?

Well, that wasn't the case with Atlanta. What flashed before her eyes was a pair of glowing, red ones.

But the glowing, red eyes started flashing back to their normal, dark, wolf color.

Then back to the red eyes.

And so on, and so forth. Actually, the flashing lights were making Atlanta's head hurt.

But Tangy wasn't killing Atlanta.

Atlanta paused, and then pushed the wolf off of her. Tangy didn't react. She just stood there, frozen in place.

Atlanta backed off slowly, as if she thought making too much noise might set the wolf off again.

Atlanta's mind was still confused and dizzy from what had just happened, and from the lack of blood. Tangy might have healed her wound, but she couldn't replace her blood.

The ideal thing to have done would have been to go tell one of the Gods. Atlanta either thought that was a bad idea, or, more likely, she decided to go with the first thing that popped into her head. The thing that popped into her head was going back to the brownstone and alerting her teammates. So that's what she did.

Opening the door to the brownstone, she found that no one was awake. Checking the clock, it was 1AM. Wow. Time sure passed.

Atlanta groped around the room until she found the wall, and from there kept moving until she found a doorknob. She turned it, and poked her head into the room. It was Archie's room. Atlanta wasted no time in getting him up. She shook him vigorously until he grumbled angrily and woke up. He looked up at the person who disturbed his sleep, and looked surprised.

"Atlanta? Shouldn't you sleeping in Chiron's study?" Archie asked, surprise covering the worry.

"Archie, have you seen a, um, talking wolf lately?" She asked.

Archie looked amused. "Oh. You found her, then? Yeah. She attacked you and left a nasty mark on your leg. We think Cronus hypnotized her."

Atlanta looked confused. "She attacked me?"

"Yeah, why? What's wrong?" Archie asked, noting Atlanta's confused face.

"...The same wolf..." Atlanta paused. "You're sure it's the same one?"

Archie grinned. "Pretty sure. After all, it was my whip that saved you from her."

Atlanta frowned, ignoring the last comment. "But then, the same wolf healed my leg. It's gone, see?" Atlanta showed Archie her injure-free leg.

Archie blinked in confusion. "So, the same wolf that tried to kill you, tried to help you."

Atlanta nodded. "I guess so."

"Why though?" Archie asked, suspicion creeping into his voice.

"Um. It was...something about kitchens? Yeah. We were talking about kitchens, and stuff. She was telling me about herself."

Now Archie was lost. "...Kitchens?" He shook his head. "Never mind. What did she tell you?"

Atlanta paused. "She said she was homeless. And she was hungry. Oh, and she hated rhymes, and, um-"

"Wait, wait, wait, hold up a sec. She said she hated rhymes? You sure it wasn't the other way around?"

"Positive. She said she was homeless because of rhymes, or something," Atlanta replied.

"Funny. The wolf we were fighting before loved rhymes. She couldn't stop with them!"

"Hmm," Atlanta paused for a moment, before remembering what she had really wanted to tell the group. "Oh, yeah, and at the end of the conversation, she listed off the names of our ancestors and Cronus, and then her eyes turned red, she started rhyming, and then she tried to kill me."

"WHAT?!" Archie flinched backwards from surprise. "So, first she trys to kill you, then she helps you, and then she trys to kill you again?"

"Yeah, I think that's how it went," Replied Atlanta.

"She's still in the cage, right?" Archie asked.

"Oh. Oops," Atlanta replied simply. She yawned.

Archie slapped himself on the forehead, sighing. "Guess we should go back then," He turned to a yawning Atlanta. "Or, you could stay here. You should probably sleep anyways..."

"No, no," Atlanta said, perking up slightly, "I'm coming too."

So they got up, taking care not to wake the others. They came back to the God's "hangout" (xD), and found Tangy sitting up on the floor, looking slightly confused and slightly upset. Upon Archie and Atlanta's entry, she looked up. She paused, but then saw Atlanta. She then decided to allow them to approach her.

"...Back again?" Tangy muttered. Her voice was cold. "I'm sorry." She spoke the two words as if she wasn't sure they should be used. "I'm confused." Tangy stated, somewhat randomly.

Archie and Atlanta glanced at each other. Atlanta opened her mouth to say something, but Tangy beat her to it.

"...I should explain...but I can't. I don't know why, or how, or...anything," Tangy looked nervously at the ground.

Archie and Atlanta paused. It was still very dark out, and all they could see of the wolf was a faint, trembling outline.

"What I can tell you," Tangy continued, "Is that my name is Tangy. I am a lone wolf for the second time in my life. I was evicted the second time, and abandoned the first. The first time was when I was young, perhaps a while ago now. My mother and fellow pack mates went hunting. They never returned, but I was lucky. Another pack passed by, and adopted me. They raised me with strict rules; the strictest was that of always rhyming. I was falsely accused of breaking this rule, and I was tossed out...After that, my life's a blur, but even though I haven't eaten anything for a very long time, I feel stronger than I ever was before," Tangy stood up. "Something's happened, but I don't know what it is."

"Well," Archie said, "We can tell you what's been happening. Cr-"

"NO!" Tangy yelped, jumping. "Don-don't say...his name..." Tangy looked at them, eyes widening with fear. "Ev-every time I remember him...I lose control...of myself."

"Oh." Was all Archie and Atlanta could say.

Atlanta yawned, failing to stifle it.

"Don't humans sleep during the night?" Tangy asked, tilting her head.

"Yeah, but-"

"No, sleep," Tangy said, cutting Atlanta off, "I'll still be here in the morning."

-----------


Wheeeeee.

Reviews are loved. They go on my imaginary hall of fame. ;o. No, really, they do.
Sign up to rate and review this story