Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter And The Corrections Of Past Mistakes

Meet The Emperor

by torres_arkel 6 reviews

AU. Harry Potter won the war. But the price was the world itself. Alone, nothing stops him from attempting to correct the mistakes of the past. Time Travel. SuperHarry. HHrFD.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Dumbledore, Harry, Voldemort - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2007-01-27 - Updated: 2007-01-28 - 3517 words

5Exciting
A/N: I don't own Harry Potter


Chapter 2 - Meeting The Emperor

Somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean

Date Unknown

Hour Unknown


Sometimes Harry thought that Fate didn't like him.

Times like these were the ones that he was positively sure that she hated him.

He had appeared in the same place, in the past, just like the scroll he found in a library in a Potter estate in Russia. He had been surprised that such an important writing would be there and not on the main Potter estate, a castle in England, rumored to have been built by Godric Gryffindor himself before he went to Hogwarts and the place where he was buried after his death.

The scroll, written by, surprisingly, Morgana Le Fay, showed a pretty simple way of time travel, though it required a huge amount of magical energy. The simplicity of the procedure was the person was only Apparating through time. In a normal Apparation, the magical level of the person affected only the noise made when appearing and disappearing, like Dumbledore popping around soundlessly. But to do the feat written on the scroll, the magical level needed would make even Albus to faint in shock.

The Mage, for no simple wizard could even dream of such a feat, would have to channel his magic in order to open a hole through time (instead of a hole through space needed to Apparate from one place to another), creating a explosion as a backlash of energy. The power of the explosion would vary according to how much magic was gathered, and this magic was proportional to the amount of time a person wished to travel back.

Morgana wrote in the scroll that she had managed to travel back ten years at most. Later Harry would discover another book in a cave Greece - protected by so many curses that he almost gave up more than once - written by the Sorceress that said she spend that time isolated from the other beings of the area, conjuring supplies when she needed them. During these years she studied everything she could, and it was in this book that Harry found the rite that would propel him to make the travel to this year: the Soul Union Ritual.

Harry was pretty sure he could do what he wanted, so he took the proper precautions. But nothing could prepare him for what greeted him when he arrived.

Golden eyes shining with the knowledge of the creation itself stared at his emerald green ones. A monstrous body with black scales that seemed to absorb the light that dared hit it. Wings bigger than anything that Harry had ever seen. Magic radiated from it in a level that matched Harry's own. That more than anything gave Harry pause. Not because of its greatness, but because it gave him the same kind of feeling that Harry had when his own magic was manifesting in its maximum power.

I thought they were extinct... But then again the research I was forced to do about them never mentioned when they were killed... After all not even the Death Eaters that killed them actually managed to return after killing them due to the wounds... And those that came back never said anything under strict orders from Voldemort... Fate must really hate me if, when my plan seemed to be working perfectly, I only came here to die at his hands... err... claws... and really big claws at that.


Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Albus Dumbledore looked up from the report he received from the Ministry of Magic on the last attack Voldemort and his Death Eaters made when he felt ancient magic beginning to manifest itself. The kind of magic that only one species on the entire planet was able to handle. In a few seconds, the feeling was so intense that Albus was sure that even the Muggles would feel its effects in that night.

Can Voldemort be somehow involved in this? No... Humans don't wield this kind of power... But... Can Tom be thinking of trying to recruit them? Impossible, they never choose sides in any conflict before. Enslave them then? ...Or even kill them? He must surely realize that they are the most powerful beings of the entire planet... They are even capable of rational thought... And they are as old as the planet itself... Tom wouldn't risk harming them as that would mean that he would lose most of his non-human recruits, as most magical beings look up to the Emperors... It can't be him... So what IS happening?

Dumbledore was so lost in his own thoughts that he never noticed the people entering his office enquiring as to what was happening or the hysterically crying child in the arms of his distraught mother.


Riddle Manor, Little Hangleton

The quiet chamber was full of kneeling figures as the Death Eaters waited for their Lord's orders. They were all nervous as the Dark Lord had stopped speaking suddenly and soon after they felt their skin crawl as the ancient magic washed over them.

Voldemort wasn't moving one muscle as he tried to understand what was happening. He knew the source of this magic. It was coming from the same being that he was planning on killing that day. But the sudden felling of foreboding that he got from when he felt the Black Emperor's magic made him have second thoughts about attacking its nest... He knew that if he went there something horrible would happen.

The Dark Lord had called most of his human followers and was going to have them sent to the island he knew the Emperor was. He had refrained from calling the non-humans simply because he didn't believe they would obey him on this mission, even if they knew they were going to be punished afterwards. But now he was thinking it would be better if he left this mission for the future, since he knew it would come a time when the Black Emperors would try to take him down, for even if they stayed out of most conflicts between the other species it was known that they wouldn't allow anyone to have complete control of the world - the only time they went to fight they destroyed the entire city the misfortunate Dark Lord was. So Voldemort knew he'd have to fight them sometime, be it now or years in the future.

/It's a good thing I never discussed this operation with my Death Eaters, not even those of my most trusted, my Inner Circle. They would think I'm afraid to go there now. And I'm NOT afraid. It's best to leave this mission for another time... A time when their magic isn't announcing to the entire planet that they are ready for a fight. Better come with a new plan for the time being,/ with that thought in mind the Dark Lord turned to his followers and announced that they were going to destroy some Muggle village.

The Death Eaters soon forgot about the magical phenomena and began cheering because of their new mission. If any of them noticed that there were no werewolves or vampires that the Dark Lord managed to bring to his side with them none gave no indication of it whatsoever.


Black Emperors' Nest

The Black Emperor's gaze turned from the relatively calm young one in front of him to somewhere in the East. It's entire body was still, as if waiting for something. It stayed in this position for a few minutes, not even once having the need to blink.

Harry took this time to better reassess his situation. In front of him was something that was extinct in his timeline.
/So it probably means that they were killed sometime before Voldemort's first fall./ The massive Dragon in front of him could be described with one word: scary. Easily 200 feet from the tip of its nose to the end of the tail. From what he could see when the Dragon in front of him was with both wings outstretched, his wingspan reached almost 300 feet. Scales darker than the sky in a New Moon night. The tail ended with stakes that looked strong enough to destroy steel. Claws and teeth a shining silver, both looking sharper beyond belief. From his studies, Harry knew that they could shot either fire, hot enough to melt even the most resistant of metals, or a cloud of ice that managed to freeze anything.

Looking around, Harry saw six others, smaller versions of the monster in front of him. The females are smaller, but as deadly as the male, especially with their offspring, that are really rare, Harry remembered. If theses Dragons decide I would be a nice snack, I don't wanna even think about what I'll have to go through. Harry was startled out of his musings when the male turned back its head towards him again and laid it on the ground, making its eyes stand level with Harry's.

"So young one... you're meddling with time. Your presence here already altered time enough as it is. Explain to me now why you are here, why you felt it necessary to change the timeline... to defy Destiny? If I don't judge your answer a good one, I shall eliminate you right now to avoid further changes."

Hearing a Dragon speaking was, to say the least, weird. Harry wasn't too much surprised, as he knew they could talk, but he didn't really expect that the Dragon would demand an explanation. He was almost sure he'd have to battle his way out of this mess. Well, at least he is willing to let me explain myself, Harry thought, somewhat relieved. But how does he know? I've been here for less than twenty minutes!

"If I allow you to leave this place with your life I will tell why I know you're changing what was destined to happen, young one." the Dragon said.

"So you can read my mind... No point in trying to use nice words to explain to you why I was desperate enough to do this. I guess you want to hear me speak to see if I won't try to lie..."

The Dragon just smiled in its own creepy way. He immediately knew why I wanted to hear him speak instead of just taking the information out of his mind, the Dragon thought, while raising his head a little to nod, and then laying it in the ground again. Good one... He may even get out of this alive.

And so the young Mage told the history of his life to the Black Emperor in front of him. All of his trying times in the Dursleys, his adventures at Hogwarts, the battles he fought, his lonely search for knowledge... There were times that he had to laugh at some memories, but the more he progressed, the less he smiled and the more he was getting sad or even outright crying. He was a hardened warrior, but still a human that led a life of major suffering, only at times knowing what happiness was.

During the whole story, the Black Emperor just stayed there, seemingly impassive. But, beneath that surface of a Judge deciding if the person in front of him should live or die, the Dragon was secretly impressed with the young man's life. But what most intrigued him were the Battle of Hogwarts, as the human called it, when he was told of the man's powers and the subsequent years, when the human described his findings on the time when he began absorbing magic. Could it be? Could it be him I've been waiting my whole life? If it is...

When Harry told the Dragon of the Animagus transformation, and what he had to study to understand the animal he transformed into, the Black Emperor lifted his head and stared at Harry. His incredulousness must have showed in his gigantic Dragon's face because the human soon stopped talking and began looking around, searching for a way to escape. The Dragon soon began talking to alleviate the mortal's mood:

"Relax my child... I'm not going to do anything with you for now, but I want you to show me this 'Animagus transformation' you talked about."

Harry looked around in nervousness once more before addressing the Emperor in front of him:

"You'll have to forgive me because I can't transform immediately, because I spend a great deal of energy on the way to travel back in time so this will take some time. Normally it just takes some seconds, because my form is huge, even if for other Animagi it takes only a fraction of a second, but they aren't becoming an animal as big as mine. So, with your excuse, I will begin."

With that Harry's body began to change. His skin darkened; his body began to get bigger and bigger; his hands becoming paws with four 5 feet long unbelievably sharpened claws, strong enough to withstand the greatest of impacts; black wings began growing out of his back; his legs growing and his feet becoming even bigger than his hands, claws looking even more menacing than those in his, now, front paws, easily double the length; his head elongating and becoming like the one that was in front of him. And during all this his body continued growing.

To say the other Dragons were shocked would be an understatement. This human in front of them was becoming one of their own, a Black Emperor... But soon the human was even bigger than the male!

The male Dragon raised to his full height, but even he couldn't match the size of Harry's Animagus form. Finally... The one of the prophecy has finally arrived... He had to travel through time to begin his quest. Time itself won't stand in his way... Now I know what that means. He stopped his inner musings when Harry finished growing; apparently his transformation was finally over. In front of him stood a Dragon with black scales darker than his own, 300 feet from nose to tail and 450 feet from wingtip to wingtip. Markings in the form of lightning ran from his head to the base of his neck in a blood red color no more than half an inch thick each, giving him an even deadlier appearance. It was really a creature that would give even the most brave of man second thoughts before attempting any foolish attack against it.

When Harry finally lowered his head a bit to look to the Dragon, glowing eyes the color of the killing curse instead of the golden color normal to the Black Emperor stared at the male in front of him. After a few seconds where the two stared at each other, Harry finally spoke:

"This is my form. The height I can achieve depends on my power, but I can become the any size from a normal Dragon up to this size." with that said, Harry shrunk a little and stayed the same size as the Dragon that would decide his fate. That seemed really improbable now that Harry showed he could take care of himself against them, but if all the other Dragons decided to attack him he would be in trouble even with his impressive size and power as a Black Emperor. "Excuse me if a may sound importunate but I still don't know your name, not even if you have one. So how may I cal you?"

The Dragon showed his teeth in a mockery of a grin, and then said:

"Yes, young one, you have a most impressive form. As to my name, you may call me Shion."

"Thank you, Shion. May I continue with my tale now?"

After the newly revealed Shion gave his consent, Harry once again started telling his story. And so Harry proceeded to relate the rest of his quest for knowledge, finding Morgana's books that gave him a little hope that maybe he could have happiness in his life after everything that almost made him give up living a life of sadness and loneliness. The preparations he had to take to make sure he would have everything needed. The final steps he had to take to come to the past and his final goodbye to those he loved. After he finished his tale, he looked expectantly to Shion wondering what he was thinking, since he was looking at the sky, where the moon was.

Yes, he is surely the one of he prophecy... Huh, he really can't escape Fate; he will have the prophecy he already knew on his shoulders and this one, the first prophecy ever made. At least this one isn't so vague as the 'Power the Dark Lord knows not'... these prophecies nowadays are always in riddles, what's up with that? As Fate got old she began inventing ways to entertain herself at the expense of the sanity of those her prophecies related to. Now I have to decide what to do... were Shion's thoughts as he contemplated what to do with the human in front of him. When he finally turned back to Harry, he said:

"When the time comes, young Harry, you'll notice you're not alone on your fight. When the final battle begins once again, those that weren't seen in eons will go to your call. The Black Emperors will stand beside you when the time finally comes to stop being a neutral in all the wars of humans." At Harry's look of shock, Shion merely gave a deep chuckle. "Don't look so shocked, Harry, for many that never took any sides in previous battles will stand beside you to end all battles and bring the balance of nature to the world once more. Many that the humans think to be mere legends or fiction to scare young children will reappear on the world so they can stand by your side in the way to victory."

Shocked beyond speech, Harry could only look to the Dragon in front of him and think about the ramifications of what Shion said. The ancient Dragons are promising to fight by my side. But who're the others that Shion said? Who could be these people of legend that will rise to fight beside me? And what does he means by 'bring the balance of nature to the world once more'? Beginning to wound down from his shock, Harry finally managed to loo Shion in the eyes and say:

"I thank you for your help in the upcoming battle, Shion. But, if I may be bold enough to ask, who are these other that you say will come to aid me?"

"Don't worry about that, young one. In time you will know of whom I speak of. Just be assured that, when all those that will ally themselves to you, Tom Riddle will wish that he never tried to take over the world." Shion said, a little, mysterious toothy smile on his giant head.

Despite knowing that the Dragon wouldn't be doing anything towards him, Harry couldn't help but give a little shudder when Shion bared his fangs in what he thought was a smile. A little calmed by his words, but not by much, Harry gave his consent, showing that he understood that these 'allies' were powerful and that they would be coming to him in their own time.

Shion decided that they had to part ways now, for both had things to attend to before they could truly relax now that their meeting had met an end.

"Go take care of your affairs, young one, but make sure that those you know don't see you because you have to pretend that you don't exist in this time until the time you perform the ritual. We'll see each other again soon, fabled Seraph."

Looking with suspicion at the male Black Emperor for the usage of the unknown name, Harry decided that he probably wouldn't get an answer and didn't even try to find out what Shion meant by 'fabled Seraph'. With a last nod to the Dragon that seemed to be concentrating really hard on something, Harry thought of the place that he had to go to begin his new adventure. A few seconds later Harry was gone without even a sound that would signify that he had Apparated.

Shion looked at the spot Harry disappeared from and sent a message to the others Ancients requesting a meeting to relay the information that he had came across in this meeting with the Boy-Who-Lived. The others would want to know of this boy and the Council of Ancients had to come to a conclusion on how to best aid young Harry Potter on how to brave his true destiny. The first prophecy had begun to take its course and whether it would be a good thing or not, they had to supervise him in order to the world survive his awakening, even if the prophecy stated that they couldn't do anything in case something were to go wrong.


A/N: Thanks for the reviews, everyone!
Sign up to rate and review this story