Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > This Is A Love Story In My Own Way- A Pete Story

A Concert, Denny's, and the Outside of a Bus

by Dancemandydance 4 reviews

Pete and Leigh meet again and Pete decides to do something drastic....oh how Pete of him.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-01-28 - Updated: 2007-01-28 - 2587 words

0Unrated
Leigh walked out of her last class for the semester and heaved a sigh of relieve. / Freedom/, she thought to herself. She was also thinking about seeing Pete. She hadn't stopped thinking about him all week and he made it hard for her to do so. He had been texting, calling, and IMing every day to check up on her and just to hear her voice. She had the feeling he was falling in love with her, and he was bringing her down with him.

There was something about her that day in the mini mart with her Luke Skywalker tshirt and those bright eyes that made him smile everytime he thought about her. Everyone had noticed Pete had an almost boylike quality about him again, the one he had before he last got his heart broken. He almost had a skip to his step, he smiled at everyone he met, and he was extremely gracious to his fans.

As Pete walked down the halls backstage at the concert they were going to perform later that night, Pete felt a vibration in his pocket which made him giggle with delight. He pulled out his sidekick and it read: /I'm finally free. Exams went well. I can't wait to see you tomorrow...oh and the other guys too ;) Hugs, Leigh/. A huge grin spread across Pete's face when Joe came up behind him, grabbed his sidekick and started reading Leigh's message aloud for everyone backstage to here. "Ohhhh Pete, I love you so much and I want to have your babies. Ohhh Pete, I can't wait to see you. Oh Pete!" Joe squeeled.

"Give me that, you little jackass!" Pete laughed as he ran down the hall chasing Joe.

"Ahhh...star-crossed lovers," sighed Patrick as Joe and Pete raced passed them.

When Pete finally got his sidekick back after Joe's taunting he wrote back to Leigh: /sorry it took me so long to get back to you, Joe stole my sidekick, fuckin jackass. I can't wait until tomorrow. I have something to ask you when you get here/. Pete always did that...he loved leaving people sitting on the edge of their seats waiting for what he was going to say next. He loved suprises and he was especially excited about this one.

The next day Leigh woke up with a smile on her face. Her exams were done, her summer had started, and she was going to see Pete tonight. She felt kind of silly for getting so excited over him, kind of like a teenie. She felt that maybe he was just being nice or she was reading too much into the nice things he said to her all the time. Tonight she was planning on finding out how he really felt about her, if he felt anything at all. She decided she wanted to look gorgeous tonight. She didn't have to worry about getting all sweaty and gross in the pit so she put on a nice pair of skinny jeans and a pretty peach colored halter top with beads around the collar. She curled her hair and did her make-up all fancy and then gave Gracie a call.

"Grace...i'm ready whenever you are." They didn't have to leave so early this time. All they had to do was arrive at the backdoor and give the bouncer their names. Grace was ready on time tonight (suprise suprise...the one time they weren't in a hurry) and when they got to the venue they had no trouble getting in. Things were going perfectly and Leigh felt in her bones that this night was going to be amazing. They were greeted by a roadie who led them back to where the boys were. Before they even got to their rooms Leigh could hear Patrick singing Usher songs in the halls. She was about to go up to him when she realized she had never met him before. She had just heard so much about him from Pete that she felt like she knew him. She was about to walk passed him and try to find Pete when Patrick stopped mid-verse, walked up to her and hugged her saying, "LEIGH! Heyyyyy it is so awesome to meet you. I feel like I know you because Pete won't stop talking about you."

"Ha ha...really?" she said with a nervous laugh. "Thats funny because he won't stop talking about you either."

"Yeah...he does that when he's in love." Leigh's eyes got so wide Patrick was afraid they might pop out of her head. "Oh I mean..umm...hey where is Pete anyway?", Patrick said nervously as he walked through the halls.

Did Patrick just say Pete is in love with me? that's impossible...that's inconceivable! Leigh thought to herself and let out a little laugh when she thought of that guy from the Princess Bride. Grace was in shock just as much, if not more so, as Leigh. She took Leigh by the hand and led her into the room as they followed Patrick.

When they walked into the room Joe and Pete were busy fiddling with guitars in the corner. "Um...Pete someone is here to see you," said Patrick. Joe looked over at Leigh and his jaw dropped a little. He hit Pete on the shoulder to get his attention and when Pete turned around, his jaw dropped as well. God she looks so beautiful he thought to himself. He got up from what he was doing, walked over to Leigh and gave her the biggest hug she'd ever received.

"It's so great to see you, Leigh. You look...just...wow," He said, his jaw still on the floor. Leigh couldn't help thinking the same thing. Pete wore a black Clandestine polo and tight jeans that looked like they were probably painted on. His hair was shorter and dark brown and he had eyeliner on that made his eyes pop even more.

"Its great to see you, too Pete. You looked great, too," she said with a smile spreading across her face, revealing those dimples Pete loved so much. "You remember Gracie, right?"

"Oh yeah, hey Grace! How are you?", he said embracing her in a hug, though not as long as the one he had just given Leigh. After they did all their introductions and hung out a bit, it was time for the guys to hit the stage. As usual, the show was amazing and the boys rocked every song out as Leigh and Grace sat safely on the sidelines. Pete still glanced over at her during songs and when he did the bit where he licks Joe's guitar she could have sworn he was looking right at her and it made her weak in the knees. God I wish I was that guitar right now She couldn't help thinking as she watched him.

"I know what you're thinking right now," Grace nudged Leigh out of her trance. "And just to let you know...I'm thinkin it too." They both laughed and had a good time and were sorry it had to end because they knew that they wouldn't see the guys again for a long time. A rush of saddness flew over Leigh as the boys left the stage. Pete came up to her and hugged her, even though he was dripping with sweat.

"Well? how'd we do?", Pete said as he took a towel to his face as they walked down the hall to his dressing room.

"Oh much less sucky than last time, Pete. MUCH less...I was thoroughly impressed," she went up to him and patted him on the head. "Good job, boy." Pete laughed and hugged her again and said, "Hey i'm gonna grab a quick shower because I most definately smell like ass right now. So you and Grace can hang out and watch TV and then we'll go get some food or something."

Food? Awesome...she still had some time with him. She was determined to find out what was going on in his head. Grace and Leigh talked excitedly about the show while they waited for Pete and the rest of the guys to get ready. After a while, Patrick, Joe and Andy came into the room and started chatting with them about the show and other things like movies and music. GOD Pete took a long time...they waited and they waited and finally he came out. This time he was wearing a white shirt with a dark blue hoodie and a black pair of pants, which still looked like they were painted on. If it was possible, he looked even better.

"Ready to go ladies?", Pete smiled at Leigh. When he came out of the bedroom he felt like her eyes were roaming over every inch of his body and he loved that feeling.

"Yeah, we're good to go," Grace smiled. Leigh was still kind of breathless after checking out the guy she had been talking to constantly over the past week, getting to know almost everything about and realizing that he was not only an amazingly talented musician and lyricist, but a great guy.

"Yeah seriously...I am fuckin starvin. I want food NOW," Joe whined like a little boy.

"Ok Veruca Salt, you'll get it now," Pete laughed as they left the room, putting his hand on the small of Leigh's back and sending shivers down her spine.

It was a good thing that Pete had taken so long because by the time they left, most of the crowd had died off. For the ones that remained, Pete and the boys graciously signed autographs while Leigh and Grace walked a couple feet behind as to not cause any trouble with jealous female fans. They decided to go to Denny's because you can eat great there AND eat late. Pete sat next to Leigh and scooted as close to her as possble so their legs were touching and he could feel her body heat through his jeans whenever he made her blush (which was often).

The conversation was mixed. It consisted of talking about great music (during which Patrick and Leigh found they had a lot of the same tastes in common, which gave Pete a tinge of jealously that he eventually shook off), quoting 80's movies, and talking about how Pete and Leigh met. They kept talking until Andy pointed out that it was 3 AM and they had probably get going.

Leigh and Grace walked the boys to the bus Pete asked that him and Leigh could have a moment alone to talk. Patrick, Joe, Andy and Grace went inside and Pete got very close to Leigh, taking her hand and fiddling with her fingers. His eyes scanned her mouth, which he desperately wanted to kiss, but he held himself back and looked up into her eyes instead.

"So remember that thing I was going to ask you?", Pete said softly. Of course Leigh remembered, she had been thinking about it all night. However, she didn't want to seem desperate so in reply she said, "oh yeah...I almost forgot. What was it?" She looked deep into his eyes and Pete felt his heart skip a beat.

"I um..well. I.." Pete couldn't stand it any longer. He put his hand gently on Leigh's neck and pulled her close to him, his lips softly grazing hers at first and then finally taking them in a deep, sensual kiss. Leigh felt something surge through her body that she had never felt before, and all of sudden her knees gave out. Pete grabbed her waste and held her up.

"Oh my God, are you ok? I'm so sorry...I shoudln't have done that. You're probably still hurt." He said stepping away. Leigh looked at him with a look he had never seen before. He didn't know what her eyes were saying but he desperately wanted to find out, and soon enough he did. She walked up to pete, grabbed his shirt and pulled him into the most amazing french kiss he had ever experienced. They kissed for what seemed like minutes, his hands caressing her hips and hers going up the back of his shirt and touching the warm skin of his back. Finally she pulled away, put her forhead to his and whispered, "No..you don't have to be sorry. You just," her chest was rising against his in unison, "you made me weak in the knees, Pete. That was," she kissed his cheek, "the most", she kissed his other cheek, "amazing kiss I have ever been given." She placed a small kiss on his lower lip.

Pete's body shivered at the sound of Leigh's whisper. Her lips felt so good on his warm skin and her hands were still a little up his shirt, this time resting on his sides. "So what did you want to ask me?" she smiled at him.

"Come with me..on the road this summer." Leigh's smile brodened when he asked her this. She was so worried tonight would be the last time she saw him for a while. The thought of being with him every day and getting to feel his lips on her skin and eventually more than his lips made her scream with joy inside.

"Oh..wow," Leigh said as she bit her lip and looked at the ground.

"You wont have to worry about anything, just be with me...I don't know if you can tell but i'm kinda falling in love with you," Pete lifted her chin up and looked into her eyes before placing another soft kiss on her lips.

"Of course i'll go..how can I say no to you. I..really think I'm falling in love with you too." Pete was so excited Leigh said yes that he picked her up and spun her around and screamed "YES", making the boys and Grace come out of the van.

"Everything OK?" Patrick asked when he saw Pete and Leigh kissing and looked at Grace. "Yeah...i think everything's ok," he said to himself. Pete and Leigh broke from eachother and Leigh rushed over to Grace and whispered, "I'm going with them on tour...you were right...he does love me."

"I KNEW IT!" Grace yelled, soon realizing everyone was staring at her. She let out a nervous giggle then went over and gave Pete a hug. "You better take good care of her, she's my best friend."

"Oh I will," Pete said giving a wink to Leigh. It was then that Grace decided she should probably get going since the sun was about to come up. She was about to leave Leigh there when Leigh panicked.

"Oh God...I dont have any clothes or makeup or money or anything," she said as she hugged Pete's side and rubbed his stomach while he put his arm around her shoulder. "I should probably go to my house and pick up some things...Oh and tell my parents i'm leaving. Wow...would it be at all possible for me to catch up with you guys in like 2 days? I need to straighten some stuff out."

"Sure sweetie, you do whatever you need to do," Pete kissed the side of her head and squeezed her close to him. It was then that the girls hugged the guys goodbye and started off back home.

"Wow..this is going to be a great summer," Leigh said with the biggest smile she could muster, "just...wow."
Sign up to rate and review this story