Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans

Why Don't You Kiss Her?

by Ace_Fan_12 7 reviews

One-Shot. Archie wants Atlanta to be his! But he has to deal with some competition. Will he be able to win her heart? AxA story inspired by the song "Why Don't You Kiss Her" by Jesse McCartney.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-01-28 - Updated: 2007-01-28 - 1894 words - Complete

2Ambiance
Hey guys, before I start I just wanna say that this is seriously the LONGEST one-shot i've ever written! lol! anyways I hope you guys enjoy it! And if you read the lyrics carefully, you'll see that it actually describes Archie's life!! lol! I'll leave you alone now.. Don't forget to R/R when you finish!

Why Don't You Kiss Her?


It's a regular Friday afternoon. Just 2 more minutes until school finishes! YES! But those 2 minutes feel like 2 hours because I'm in the most boring class on earth, math. I never was good in math and well, I never planned to be. I mean, why is it so important to know e=mc2?? It's not like I plan to be a geeky scientist when I grow up, that would be odd, very odd...

-" Mr.Owen!" yells my teacher, Mr.Lancerg, "What is 2a+8br=4a-4br?" Oh man! Why does this teacher always ask me for the though questions! It's like he hates me or something, well actually, he does.

-" Actually Mr.Lancerg, I don't need to answer that question!" I responded with a big smile.

-" And why not?"

-" Because school is over......now!" And right at that moment the school bell rang. Mr.Lancerg grumbled something but I only ignored it and walked out of class. As I walked down the hallway to my locker, I couldn't help but realize that half of the boys in my school had a girlfriend. There was Jack, who had this really cute girl Amanda. Then there was Jay of course, with little miss Drama Queen Theresa. I wasn't interested in any of these girls. There was only one I laid my eyes on, Atlanta.

We're the best of friends
And we share our secrets
She knows everything that is on my mind
Lately somethings changed
As I lie awake in my bed
A voice here inside my head
Softly says


Me and Atlanta really are the best of friends! We always share all our secrets and she knows when something's bugging me. We're the same exact things except, I'm a boy, and she's a girl. But there's something different lately. There's this boy, David, who has a huge crush on Atlanta. He knows I like her too so sometimes, he flirts with her right in front of me!! I just want to beat the shit out of that idiot! Sometimes, when I'm alone in my bed, I wonder if I should tell her I love her. There's this small voice inside me that says I should, but my heart says I shouldn't...

Why don't you kiss her
Why don't you tell her
Why don't you let her see
The feelings that you hide
'Cause she'll never know
If you never show
The way you feel inside


I open my locker and put my books in when suddenly someone whispers in my ear.

-" Hey Arch." I jump in the air and turn around to see it was only Atlanta.

-" Haha! I scared you good!" she laughed.

-" N-No you didn't! I knew you were there all along!"

-" Ya!Ya! Don't try to be all macho with me." And she nudged my head and walked away. There's something about her that's so special to me. Just being close to her gives me butterflies in my stomach. And when she smiles at me, she lightens my day. I start walking home. I usually walk home with Atlanta but she said she had to stay at school so she could catch up with the science classes she missed when she was sick last week. I walk through the park when I see Jay and Theresa making out on the park bench.

-" Hello love birds" I say with a wide grin on my face. They both separate themselves and start blushing like hell.

-" Oh...uh..Hey Archie..What are you...doing here?" Jay asks as he puts his fingers through his hair.

-" Oh nothing. I thought I would take a shortcut from the park to go home. Speaking of home, don't you two have to be there right now?" I said with a big smile.

-" We...uh...um...good idea. Come on Jay let's go home!" Theresa quickly spoke. She grabbed Jay's hand and they both ran home. Ah, how I love to embarrass Jay and Theresa. Hehehe. When I finally reach the brownstone, everyone was helping Athena make dinner. Well, it's a good thing she didn't ask me to help her!

-" Archie, come put the dishes!" Oh well, too late. I enter the kitchen and everything was chaos! The turkey Herry and Odie were trying to bake was on fire, Athena was cutting the vegetables with her sword. Jay and Theresa were both making the salad and there were pieces all on the floor, and Neil, of course, was only standing there, "putting" the napkins. When we all finished our "chores", we sat down and started to eat dinner when Atlanta entered the kitchen.

-" Hey guys, what's for dinner?" she asked as she sat down next to me.

-" Turkey. Herry and Odie made it themselves." I winked at her. She giggled.

-" I can't wait to try it!" she said sarcastically. We all started digging in. It was actually good! The whole
time, I was staring at the beautiful red head beside me. Ahh.. how I'd love to hold her in my arms and never let go. But I'm scared to tell her my real feelings, thinking she might say no.

Oh im so afraid to make that first move
Just a touch and we
Could cross the line
Everytime she's near
I wanna never let her go
Confess to her what my heart knows
Hold her close


It was a pretty silent dinner when Atlanta broke the silence.

-" You guys wouldn't believe what happened to me at science class today!"

-" What? You finally got an A+?" I teased.

-" Haha, very funny. No actually, you guys know David right?" she asked. Everybody started looking at me. I crossed my hands and tried to control my anger.

-" Ya.." everybody answered but me.

-" Well, I saw him at science class too because he said he had to catch up with some stuff as well. We both started talking about nature, and hunting and-" Neil cut her off.

-" Will you just get to the point already!"

-" David asked me out!" she exclaimed. It was at that moment that I spit out my food. Everyone gasped and looked at me.

-" E-Excuse me" I said and ran out of the kitchen and into my room.

-" Uh... Oh no! I forgot to close my computer. Let me go close it!" Theresa made an excuse up and rushed out of the kitchen as well.

-" What's with them?" Atlanta asked. The others only looked at each other with worried faces.

I rushed in my room and started banging my head on my wall. How could I not tell her I loved her! How could I be so stupid! And because I was too chicken to tell her, someone asked her out first! Now I'll never be with her...never...

Why don't you kiss her
Why don't you tell her
Why don't you let her see
The feelings that you hide
'Cause she'll never know
If you never show
The way you feel inside


Suddenly there was a knock on my door.

-" GO AWAY!" I shouted. The person didn't listen and came inside. It was Theresa. She walked next to me and hold my head so I wouldn't bang it on the wall anymore.

-" Archie, you don't need to kill yourself!" she shouted.

-" Why shouldn't I, I just lost Atlanta! I wish I could disappear now! I wish Cronus could come and stab my in the heart so I could die!"

-" Don't say that! And I have good news mr.macho. Atlanta didn't say yes to David. She told her she'd think about it. I think she's going to tell him the answer tonight because she has a small date with him! You still have a chance to tell her how you feel! Go for it Arch!" she encouraged me. She's right! Maybe if I tell her how I really feel, she would forget about stupid David. It was either now or never.

-" Thanks Drama Queen, I guess you're not that bad after all!" I thanked her. She only winked at me and
dragged me upstairs in front of Atlanta's room.

-" Good luck" she whispered and walked downstairs. This was it, I was finally going to tell Atlanta my real feelings about her. I slowly knocked on her door.

-" Come in!" a voice shouted. I opened the door and saw her in a beautiful baby blue dress. She was wearing blue ear rings and high heels?!? She had put some makeup on too! Sight how I wish I could kiss her right now... How I wanted to taste her lips.

What would you say
I wonder would she just turn away
Or would she promise me
That she's here to stay
It hurts me to wait
I keep asking myself


-" You look...beautiful!" I said as I scratched the back of my neck.

-" Thanks! I really want to impress David!" That's when my smile turned into a frown.

-" Um...Atlanta? I have to tell you something..."

-" Not now Archie, I'm getting ready!" she answered as she started putting some stuff in her purse.

-" Atlanta..I really have to talk to you!"

-" Arch, can't this wait 'til I come back!"

-" No Atlanta, it's really important..."

-" Archie, I'm sure it can wait! I have to get ready!"

-" ATLANTA!PLEASE!" I shouted.

-" WHAT!" she shouted back. Without hesitating, I pulled her into a hug and kissed her on the lips. She pulled me back and looked at me with her beautiful hazel eyes.

-" Archie..." she whispered.

-" Oh my god, Atlanta I'm so sorry! I didn't know what I was doing! I'm really really sorry! I-" she wrapped her arms around my neck and started kissing me. I wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed her as well.

Why don't you kiss her (tell her you love her)
Why don't u tell her (tell her you need her)
Why don't you let her see
The feelings that you hide
'Cause she'll never know
If you never show
The way you feel inside...


We stayed in that position for 10 minutes until we broke apart.

-" I love you Atlanta, I always have. I'd do anything for you. I'd even die for you." I whispered into her ear.

-" I love you too Archie." She whispered back.

-" But what about David?" I asked. She smiled at me.

-" I thought you didn't like me so I had to find somebody else. But now, let's just forget about David and concentrate on something more important, us." She called David and told her they can't work out together. So at the place of taking David for a date, she took me instead. And the place wasn't a restaurant, or a fancy dinner. It was the park bench, where we kissed passionately under the stars all night through...

Why don't you kiss her... why don't you kiss her...

THE END!

-------------------------------------------------------------
Hope you guys liked it! This was seriously the Longest one-shot ever! lol! And see? Didn't that totaly go with Archie's life? Anyways hope you guys enjoyed it! Rate and Review Please!!
Sign up to rate and review this story