Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > This Curse on Your Lips

I'd be one nocturnal son of a gun

by jessiearei 3 reviews

Pete's reaction.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-01-28 - Updated: 2007-01-29 - 1850 words

0Unrated
Chapter 13

I'd be one nocturnal son of a gun.

Pete's POV:


"He's yours too!" Kadence yelled. WHAT! I totally tuned out on everything else she had said. I have a son? Since when? This can't be happening, she just wants to piss me off. She's lying.

"Pete? Hello, Pete are you with me here?" Patrick said snapping his fingers in front of my face.

"Tell me she's lying Trick. That can't be true. I don't have a son, there's no way." I begged him.

"Pete, I'm sorry but it's true. Don't be mad, I just found out. I told her she had till the end of the week to tell you or I would." Patrick said looking down.

"How? I mean when did we have unprotected sex? God I don't remember, it's been six years." I said trying to remember when we had.

"The night we had the party because we got signed. When she was drunk and you were head over heels for her." Patrick said.

"No way, this can't be happening Trick. The media's going to have a field day with this." I said.

"Dude could you forget about the media for just one second. Think about Kade Pete. She's had to raise YOUR child for 6 years because she was afraid to tell you because you let the fame get to your head. And look at you, she was right. Did you ever even care about her Pete? Did you ever think about her when you were cheating on her while we were on tour? She knew about that Pete, I told her. I couldn't keep it from her; she's my best friend. I'm going to meet my nephew Pete, think about it ok?" Patrick said walking away.

I sat down in the chair and put my head in my hands. I had some serious thinking to do. I have a kid. I have a kid?

Kade's POV:

I can't believe I just told him. That is defiantly not how I wanted him to find out! This is crazy. I should have told him before Spencer was born; when I found out I was pregnant. This is a disaster and it's only going to get worse. Well I need to calm down and go in and see Spencer. He needs me right now.

Author's POV:

Kadence walked in the room and saw Spencer lying in the bed sleeping. She rushed over to his bedside and grabbed his hand.

"Baby, can you hear me? It's mommy." She whispered.

"Mommy? My head hurts real bad." Spencer said, his voice horse.

"She it's ok. Do you remember what happened love?" Kadence asked him quietly.

"Me and Missy were driving home from the park. And then I saw a really bright light and then there was a loud crash and it hurt really bad. And then everything went black and I don't remember anything after that. Except for waking up right now with you mommy." Spencer said smiling at the end.

"I'm just so glad that your okay baby. You gave me a scare!" Kadence laughed. She gave him a hug as there was a knock at the door. She went over the door and opened to find Patrick.

"Hey Trick. I thought you guys were going home?" Kadence said confused.

"I couldn't leave here without knowing if he was actually alright. And I kind of wanted to...to meet him." Patrick said looking up hopeful.

"Of course you can meet him. I mean you're practically his uncle." Kadence laughed. Patrick walked into the room and just stared at Spencer in awe.

"Kade, he looks just like Pete." Patrick said in a whisper.

"Mommy who's he? And who's Pete?" Spencer asked confused.

"You didn't tell him Kade? It's bad enough you didn't tell Pete." Patrick said looking at Kadence accusingly.

"This is my best friend Patrick, Spencer. You know the one from the band that you like, Fall Out Boy? And Pete's your father, remember him. The one who left mommy for the fame?" Kadence asked looking at Spencer.

"Oh, yeah I remember. I don't like Pete, he hurt you. But it's nice to meet you Patrick. I really like your music." Spencer said smiling. Patrick stood there stunned.

"Of course I told him about his father. It's not like he's ever going to meet him anyway. He doesn't care." Kadence said.

"Kade don't talk like that. Of course he will. Pete isn't that shallow. He knows about him now, so he will try and take part in his life." Patrick said. "Well buddy, do you want to come with us for the night and meet your uncle Andy and Joe, and your dad? They would love to meet you!"

"Yeah mommy can we? I really want to!" Spencer said bouncing up and down. Kade had an unsure look on her face about him meeting Pete.

"I guess we could, if the guys don't mind another person in the apartment." Kadence said looking at Patrick, who just nodded his head. Just then the doctor walked into the room.

"Well Spencer, how are you feeling?" He asked looking at his cut.

"I feel fine. Can I go home now? I want to go meet my uncles and my daddy!" Kade's eyes glazed over when she heard Spencer say he wanted to meet his dad.

"You sure can. Just make sure you keep that cut clean so it doesn't get infected." The doctor gave Kadence instructions on how to keep it clean and then they were on their way out the door to the waiting room.

In the waiting room they saw Pete sitting in a chair with his head in his hands. Patrick approached him and tapped him on the shoulder. Pete looked up at Patrick and then looked behind him and saw Kadence and Spencer. He stared at Spencer in awe like Patrick did when he first saw him. Spencer walked up to Pete and stared back at him.

"So, which one are you? Andy, Joe, or Pete?" He asked him still staring.

"You know who I am?"

"Well, that depends. Which one are you?" Spencer asked again.

"I'm Pete, your fath-"

"Oh, I know who you are. The one who hurt my mommy, by leaving her for the fame." Spencer said cutting him off and crossing his arms over his chest trying to look tough.

"You told him that Kadence?" Pete asked looking at her.

"Of course I did. He wanted to know why all his friends had dads but he didn't. So I told him the truth." Kadence said also crossing her arms.

"Well I would have been there if you would have told me I had a son!" Pete said raising his voice.

"Well maybe if you wouldn't have cheated on me, I would have told you!" Kadence said also raising her voice.

"Come on guys, this isn't the place. Lets get home, it's been a long day." Patrick said trying to calm them down.

"Fine, lets go." Kadence said picking up Spencer and walking outside.

"Smooth Pete, smooth." Patrick said following Kadence out. Pete followed with his head down and got in the cab. The ride home was completely silent.

Once they got back, everyone was exhausted. Spencer was asleep in Patrick's arms. Pete had offered to carry him but Kade didn't want him to. She was still mad at him. They found Andy, Joe, and Chelsea in the living room watching TV.

"Is that him?" Andy said looking at him as Patrick set him down on the couch.

"Yeah, that's my baby. Spencer Sebastian Moore, the only man in my life." Kadence said directing the comment towards Pete.

"How come you never told us Kade?" Joe asked.

"I couldn't, you guys were too busy with being rock stars, and I didn't want to burden you with it. I've done fine on my own. Spencer and I make it just fine. But I really don't want to talk about it right now guys. I'm really tired and I need to call Bruce to see if Missy's ok. She was the one driving. I need to know what happened." Kadence said scooping up Spencer. Pete saw her struggle with him and went to help her.

"Don't Pete."

"No Kadence. He's my son too. I have a right to help with him." Pete said taking Spencer from Kadence. They headed up to Kade's room and Pete set Spencer down on the bed.

"Did you read the song I wrote for you yet?" He asked stopping at the entrance to Kade's room.

"No, not yet. Sorry I haven't had time yet." She said digging the paper out of her pocket. Pete just nodded his head and left the room. Kade unfolded the paper and started to read it...

You are a getaway car, a rush of blood to the head
But me, I'm just the covers on top of your bed
You steer away in a rear view mirror, you make my head swim
I keep you warm and won't ask you where you've been

With your backless black dress soaked to the skin
When it's said and done they're all scrambling
And we're friends, yeah we're friends
Just because we move units

Strike us like matches, cause everyone deserves the flames
We only do it for the scars and stories, not the fame
At least everyone is trying, everyone is shining
Everyone deserves the flames but it's such a shame
Such a shame

The sounds of this small town make my ears hurt
Oh yeah, you caught me.
But I caught you one worse
They say, "You want a war? You've got a war."
But who are you fighting for?
The tides out, the ship's run aground
We drown traitors in shallow water

With your backless black dress soaked to the skin
When it's said and done they're all scrambling
And we're friends, yeah we're friends
Just because we move units

Strike us like matches, cause everyone deserves the flames
We only do it for the scars and stories, not the fame
At least everyone is trying, everyone is shining
Everyone deserves the flames but it's such a shame
Such a shame

At least everyone is trying, everyone is shining
Everyone deserves the flames but it's such a shame
Such a shame

Strike us like matches, cause everyone deserves the flames
We only do it for the scars and stories, not the fame
At least everyone is trying, everyone is shining
Everyone deserves the flames but it's such a shame
Such a shame


By the time she finished reading it, Kadence was in tears again. This boy sure did know how to make her make-up run...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ooh more drama! haha here's my update. i'm kind of getting stuck but i have an idea for later i just dont know how to get to it ya know? so if anyone has idea they would be greatly appreciated. and pls review!! thanks! and the title is the rest of the lyrics from the last chapter from gym class hero's song cupid's chokehold.
Sign up to rate and review this story