Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Why is this bedroom so cold, turned away on your side?

Two

by prettypoizon 2 reviews

Charlee is crying again. Pretty soon Leiya will start, you just know it. Amber bottles litter the coffee table, some half full, some empty. In a few days, they'll flood to the side tables and book ...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2007-01-30 - Updated: 2007-01-31 - 495 words

1Original
Great. Now where do you go? Can you even drive? You glance at the car; it takes a moment for your eyes to focus on it. You shrug. You can do this; you've only had a few. You climb into the driver's seat, and glance back at the house; Charlee is watching from behind the lace curtains. Leiya is kicking and screaming. You start the car, and drive off.

"Joe, bloody Christ..." Pete mumbles.

His hair is ruffled, sticking up in the back. He is wearing boxers and a blue tee-shirt.

"Sorry, man, I need a place to stay."

Pete steps back to let you enter, and he sighs.

"You and Charlee have another fight?"

You nod. The name makes you ache all over; you don't want to think about her right now. You know that she will let Leiya sleep in you and Charlee's bed tonight; she hates to be alone. Sometimes when you leave late at night, you hear her quiet tears as she crawls out of bed and takes Leiya from her crib, laying her down on your vacant pillow.

"Waitaminute, did you drive here?" Pete asks, glancing at your car in the drive way before closing the door firmly behind himself.

You nod again; you feel muted by these strange emotions pulsing through your veins. Pete scowls.

"You're fucking lucky you're not dead, Joe, I can smell beer on you."

"I've only had a few."

"What's your definition of 'a few'?"

You try to remember how many you've had; but the number just won't float to the surface of your swimming mind. Charlee's tearstained face is all you can see.

"I don't know, okay? I need a place to sleep."

Pete doesn't budge; he's blocking the staircase that leads up to his attic bedroom.

"You left Leiya alone with Charlee."

"So? Charlee is her goddamn mother, it's not like I left her with a serial killer!"

"You know Charlee isn't stable..."

You are angry; the doctors have been saying for months now that Charlee is clinically depressed, on the verge of a breakdown, possibly suicidal- You bite your lower lip, and tell yourself not think about that right now.

"She's fine." you are lying to everyone including yourself.

Fuck the shrinks. Charlee is fine.

"Joe, do you remember that little visit from Social Services a couple months back?"

"Pete, stop it! Leiya's fine, fuck, it's one night!"

"One night could make all the difference. What if they take Leiya away?"

You swallow hard and turn away. Pete shakes his head in disgust.

"You just don't get it, do you?"

You ignore him, and try to push past him. You always stay on his spare bed.

"No. You're my best friend, I'm not gonna turn you out onto the streets. But you can stay on the couch."

You throw a nasty glare in Pete's direction, and storm off towards the living room, bumping into things and tripping over things as you go.
Sign up to rate and review this story