Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy

Sisters

by GwenMerlon 19 reviews

It is a tendency for pledging in a sorority to occasionally be a bit more than what the pledges bargained for... this is not the life for the faint of heart. Fall Out Boy included: Andy. Enjoy my f...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Horror, Romance - Warnings: [R] [V] [X] - Published: 2007-01-31 - Updated: 2007-01-31 - 7551 words - Complete

4Ambiance
Sisters





I didn't hear the phone ringing right away. That was my first mistake, even though it was one they were counting on. My mind was fuzzy as I drug myself out from under my warm sheets, the cool air of my little portable fan in my window making me shiver involuntarily. I rooted around my heap of clothes at the foot of my bed, searching for the offending noise. Finally, I found it in the pocket of the jeans I had just taken off a few short hours earlier. Damn them and their stupid late night parties.

Flipping the cell open a little more clumsily than normal, I cut off the tune of My Chemical Romance's 'Mama'. "Hello?"

"You have two minutes to get to the bench directly in front of the Music building. Bring nothing with you. Go." A muffled voice said, immediately followed by that tale-tale click that the line had been disconnected.

So this was it.

As fast as I could muster I shoved my legs into my already worn jeans, not bothering to take off the sophie shorts I always wore to bed. They bunched uncomfortably and probably did nothing for my figure, but I was in too much of a hurry to care. Throwing on my closest hoodie and stuffing my sockless feet into the Rocket Dogs I always left sitting by the door I shot from my room, running in the direction of the dormitory's exit. This was going to be tricky. The music building was way on the other side of campus. It was going to be a miracle if I made it there less than two minutes.

Almost tripping down the marble stairs, I ran past the security guard and out the door into the night. They had done this all on purpose.

Merely six hours earlier they had taken us all out to the newest club in town. It was fun, I must admit, even though I guess it isn't something I would consider 'my scene'- But hell- I was in for a life change and that definitely qualified as such. They got us completely wasted. Some of the Sisters were over twenty one and between pre-gaming at the House and them buying drinks for us to practically inhale in the bathroom, the majority of us pledges were beyond plastered. I was never much of a drinker, myself, so as soon as the alcohol hit my bloodstream I knew I was in for trouble. After two Captain and Cokes I was borderline drunk and after I discovered the beauty of a screwdriver (the tang of the oj really DOES cancel out the vodka!) I was a goner. As soon as I was dropped back off at my dorm my roommate- god bless her- forced me to stick a toothbrush down my throat to get rid of any lingering alcohol in my stomach then handed me a stack of cheese and crackers to absorb anything else that I couldn't throw-up. Her earlier actions were probably my saving grace at this exact moment.

I was groggy and uncoordinated. I had a painful throbbing right behind my eyes. And I felt nauseous making myself move so quickly. But I could definitely be worse.

I knew that from the one other time I ended up drunk at a party.

Pushing that memory to the back of my mind I forced myself to focus on the task at hand; keeping one foot in front of the other-quickly.

I rounded the corner of the Humanities building, cutting through neatly cultured flower garden, my pace beginning to pick up speed as I neared my destination. The music building was clearly in front of me but no one was /there/. My stomach dropped at the thought of me possibly being too late. That would be just my luck.

I swallowed, trying to contain the panic that began to swell inside me. I wanted this.

Or at least, I thought I did.

What I didn't want was the life I had before.

Okay, that was a complete lie I even had trouble telling myself. No wonder I had a hard time convincing others. What I wanted was a change and I needed this because it was simply to hard to look back and think about everything that I lost; the person I had pushed away.

I collapsed on the designated bench, letting my head rest against the rough, rotting wood. The cold air burned in my lungs from breathing so hard while running. And it was all for what? Nothing. I was too late.

Story of my life- but it wasn't worth crying over anymore. I had made my decisions.

I let Andy go. It was completely my fault when it came down to the end. Of course, we each had had our problems- yet when it came to that four word question, I just froze. I just turned eighteen! How could I decide the rest of my life at such a young age?

Now, looking back, I can't help but wonder the life I would have had if I had just said yes. I would probably be happy- never regretting my decision. I loved him that much.

God, I still loved him.

But in the end, he was hurt and ran off the join that band. I hadn't spoken to him since. It was torture, knowing he lived so close now that the tour was all wrapped up. They were back, writing and recording again.

A ringing sound jolted me back to the present. Sitting straight up on the bench I glanced around- first at the hand that was still clutched around my cell phone before I remembered I wasn't supposed to bring it with me. I grimaced, stuffing it into the waist band of my pants, hoping they wouldn't figure out I had broken their rules. The noise seemed to be coming from under the bench- a cell phone taped directly beneath me.

My pulse jumped. Maybe I wasn't late after all.

"Hello?"

"There is a black bandanna secured to the inside of Winston's church bell. Get it."

I tossed the phone onto the bench, running in the direction of the church closest to campus. Winston's Chapel had a bell tower, I knew that for sure.

I had never been a particularly successful athlete, so all this running was beginning to take its toll. By the time I could clearly see the chapel, my breath was ragged, and my steps were even clumsier as the cold began to burn through my clothing. Secretly I wished I had chosen a school in the south- preferably Florida or Texas. I bet they never had this problem.

Winston's Chapel wasn't exactly a tall building, but it would never be considered short either. I circled the building twice before realizing the bell tower was actually not connected to it at all. It was sitting slightly to the right, a neat little winding staircase following the outer rim of the brick. The worst thing about it was the absence of a handrail. Relieved at my luck, I took the stairs two at a time, reaching the bell with little difficulty. Just like the voice said, a black bandanna hung there, swaying loosely in the wind. I gave it a hard tug, pulling it free.

BLINDFOLD YOURSELF. FOLLOW THE STAIRS BACK DOWN.

With shaking hands I tied the fabric over my eyes. This was getting dangerous. I could easily fall. With one hand guiding my movement along the brick, I made my way back to the exit, then used the other arm to steady myself as I began the descent. The steps were narrow but not too steep so if I fell, hopefully I would only break a few bones.

One step at a time.

If only I had said yes.

I could feel the wind against the lower half of my face, an odd feeling I don't think I have ever felt before. Slow and steady. One step at a time. I missed Andy. I missed my old life.

But it had passed. Only fools focus on what might have been. Smart girls take on life in the hear and now. And I wanted so badly to be the smart girl.

I was going to make myself get into this fucking sorority- and in doing so I would open up an array of job opportunities when I graduated. It was an intelligent, logical decision. Being the fool was not an option.

Before I knew it, I reached flat ground. I walked out a few unsteady steps, afraid I might trip and fall as I heard the commotion behind me. Startled, I started to turn but demanding hands grabbed my shoulders and propelled me forward more quickly then I felt like moving. An unfamiliar noise escaped my throat but I refused to show them my fear any more than what I had already displayed. The weak didn't usually survive these rituals. It was as if the Sisters were wild animals- able to smell our emotions, even the ones we didn't want them to know.

I didn't know the direction they were moving me in. The revolving climb down the bell tower had completely stripped me of any ability to guess my location. My only clues were that every so often we wouldn't be walking over grass anymore, but over something hard- concrete or asphalt- most likely sidewalks. We were still on campus.

The walk was not a long one. After a few minutes of being pushed and pulled in awkward directions, we slowed and I felt myself being leaned against what felt like a car. My theory was confirmed almost immediately as I heard a door open and I was shoved forcefully inside. The door slammed behind me.

I sat up, trying to put myself into a more comfortable position, using my hands to feel the interior of the vehicle. Plush leather seats, cool metal door handles, small electric buttons. For an instant I considered pulling off the blindfold and escaping this strange nightmare, but pride kept me from running. If I quit now, what would that make me?

Without warning I heard the car door directly opposite of me open and another body being pushed inside. The girl made a small squeal as the door clicked shut.

"Is- is anyone in here?" She whispered, her voice betraying her. She was scared shitless.

"Shhh!" Came a strict voice from the front seat. So I hadn't been alone in my exploration of the car, and I was instantly glad I hadn't asked the same question as the other girl. Apparently they had spies everywhere, watching our every move. I really shouldn't have been surprised.

I leaned back, trying to enjoy the comfort of the car with very little success. My nerves were completely shot, and I was dead tired. All I really wanted was to go to sleep, but this adrenaline running through my system was prohibiting that from happening.

Another car door opened and shut. The car started with a purr, and I felt the backward movement as we began our journey. I probably should have been more scared, but I wasn't. What could they really do to me? I mean, they couldn't kill me...

We drove for at least ten minutes, going down what I guessed were back roads into the middle of nowhere if the number of twists and turns we were taking were any indication. We certainly weren't on the main road, I was sure. Not being able to see was beginning to take its toll. My head pounded, and my stomach protested. I had never been especially prone to car sickness, but being blindfolded seemed to be changing that.

What was I doing?

I was starting to think that maybe I had made a huge mistake in trying this. Not only that, but I was beginning to come face to face of what my life really was like without Andy. I was a mess.

I was blindfolded, driving in a car with strangers for god's sake. Didn't parents warn their kids about this sort of thing? This was very very bad. And I was going along willingly. My mind raced with all sorts of scenarios. Sure, they couldn't kill me, but what if there was an accident?

Now I began to get a little worried. Accidents happened all the time. Simply not being buckled up in this car could be my ultimate undoing. I had that sort of luck.

The car slowed and finally stopped. I couldn't begin to even guess where they had taken us. I didn't want to imagine what we would be doing once we even got here... wherever here was.

My door was opened, and a strong hand grabbed my upper arm, pulling me from the car. I doubted that one of the sorority girls had that sort of strength, so I could only guess that they had the brother fraternity there as well, doing the dirty work.

I moved with little grace as they drug me along, again over grass and unto some sort of hard platform. As I moved, it gave a little so I guess it was probably wooden. A hand pressed into my back, pushing my up against a wall so that my head turned and my cheek felt the indentions of the wood it was made from. All this lumber made me think we really were out in the middle of nowhere. In town, the majority of the buildings were made of stone, brick, or concrete block. My heartbeat began to speed at the thought at what we would be forced to accomplish now- for that was always their goal. We had to prove ourselves through numerous tasks. It was proving our worth to the society. Otherwise, why should they let us in?

I listened to the noises around me. There was a lot of breathing very close by- probably the other pledges. Surely they were just as confused and frightened as me. I could also faintly hear muffled voices in the distance; male and female. Crickets. An owl every now and then. The wind.

Shit.

No cars. No sounds of the city. They really had taken us into the fucking woods!

I tried hard to not let my breathing become irregular or my stance any more defensive, but it was something I was failing to control. What could they make us do out here?

"Ladies," A feminine voice began, "Turn and remove your blindfolds."

I did as I was told, pulling the blindfold up and over my head. What I saw didn't really surprise me. We were in a wooded area, lined up against a log cabin I didn't recognize totally surrounded by forest. The other pledge girls were lined up against the wall, mostly to my right and a handful to my left. There were about twelve of us total, and they each looked just as scared as I felt. Directly in front of us was the line of Sisters. Twenty or so of them were leaned up against their cars, appearing bored by the event. Five of them stood almost regally, looking like the officials of this game. What scared me the most was the number of men present.

I had met the Brothers before- mostly at the club. They were all there, along with their pledges, giving us leery looks; yet now their pledges were forced into the background. This event was apparently about us new girls. My feeling of dread didn't ease one bit by seeing what was around me. If anything, this confirmed my worst fear.

"Welcome." Said the voice again, but this time I could clearly see who was speaking: Mindy, the Queen Bitch of the group. She had a smirk on her perfectly made up face, making her appear even more snotty than usual. "You ladies have been chosen to continue on with your pledging. If you will notice, all of the girls in your pledge class are not among you. They will not be participating further with this society."

I glanced to my sides once again. What she said was true, about six or seven girls were missing.

"We've tested you on your ability to think and act under pressure." Another girl spoke up. This time I couldn't remember her name, but I knew she was one of the seniors. "You passed. Now we test your... other abilities."

Mindy smiled. "This is what we like to call the Find and Fuck."

My sharp intake of breath was audible, but I was not alone in my reaction. The /what/? Surely I misheard.

No Name spoke again. "You will get a five minute head start into the woods. Hide... or don't hide- whatever you want- but after those five minutes we'll blow the whistle alerting you that the boys are coming in. If they find you... well, then you're pretty much at their disposal."

I clutched my arms around my waist, in a sense holding my layers of clothing against my body. I was going to vomit.

"We need to see the merchandise!" One of the guys yelled.

My stomach plummeted. This sort of thing even existed? It was beyond sick.

Mindy laughed. "Sure thing." She gave a little motion with her hands. "Strip to your underwear." She ordered.

I glanced uncertainly at the other pledges. They seemed just as horrified at this idea, but slowly, they began to remove their clothing. I was probably the last to join in the stripping because I really couldn't believe I was letting myself get caught up in this madness.

A Find and Fuck? Really?

I hated the Sisters- and the Brothers- in that moment. What happened if you were a virgin?

I pulled each article of clothing off, trying to expose myself as little as possible while I still could. My phone, which was still tucked into my pants was discretely moved to be tucked into the back of my panties. I wasn't going to let my phone go without a fight, and I was glad that I had been sneaky enough to bring it with me. If a guy even got close to me I would be calling 911.

There were many crude comments from the boys, along with hoots and whistles when they saw something they liked. It was then that I realized that the girls that had oh so conveniently been 'let go' were the ones without desirable body types. Noticing this made me even more nauseous, wishing that I was one of them.

"Okay." A new girl spoke up, and I was past caring who she was. After I got through this I was out of this society. I would quit right now if I wasn't afraid of what they would do to me if I did. As long as I played along at least I could hide. "I would start running if I were you."

And we did- without looking back.

Once under the cover of trees, I pulled my phone from behind me, grasping it as if it were my only hope. I ran and ran, wanting to put as much distance between me and those who would be doing the hunting. Many of the other girls were stopping to climb trees, but I wasn't going to do that until I was sure I was as far away as I was going to get.

My legs began to burn, and the cold air made my body shake uncontrollably, but I wasn't going to give up without giving this my all. Before I knew it I heard the whistle sound through the woods. I was pleased when I could barely hear it, but that didn't stop me from running. If the boys were five minutes behind me, I could run a bit longer before beginning to climb.

Suddenly, I noticed something- light. My feet crunched over the fallen branches and leaves, hurrying toward that beacon of hope.

It was the city! I could clearly make out specific signs indicating fast food restaurants and a shopping center, but the best part was that I now knew where I was.

I stopped there, not wanting to venture out into town in my current attire, climbing the closest tree. I was short, so my biggest problem was just getting a hold of the first branch and pulling myself up. After that, I went with a little more ease, keeping my body plastered to the dark side of the tree- away from the city lights. I climbed as high as I dared go,not wanting to put more weight on a branch that wouldn't hold me.

Now was the tricky part. I balanced with one hand on the tree, the other flipping open my cell phone. I nervously held it close to me, keeping the light contained as much as possible with my body. I had to call him.

I gulped. He was the only one I knew close by; the only one that might even consider going out this late. I only hoped that other girl wasn't with him when he answered... if he answered.

I dialed the number I knew by heart and became increasingly nauseous as the phone kept ringing. He probably didn't want to talk to me. He had a new girl now.

"Hello?" His voice was groggy from sleep, but it was that same voice that had me practically wrapped around his little finger- only he didn't know that.

"Andy?" I whispered, tears coming to my eyes now that I was finally speaking to him.

"Sophie?" He asked, sounding more awake now. "What are you doing calling so late? Are you okay?"

I took a deep breath, hoping my silent tears wouldn't turn into anything messier. "No, I'm not okay."

"Tell me what's wrong."

"I'm in trouble. I need you to come get me."

"Where are you?"

I glanced over to the bright lights, giving him the most detailed description of my location as I could manage.

"And you're in the woods?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

I took a deep breath. "It's this sorority initiation thing... please, Andy, I'll explain when you get here, just please hurry."

"I'll give you a call when I think I'm close."

"Thank you." I whispered, closing my phone and instantly putting it on vibrate. Andy was coming. Everything would be okay.

I leaned back, hugging the tree for support. The position I had perched myself in was becoming steadily uncomfortable, but I didn't dare move. No one was close- at least as far as I could see and hear, but chances in this matter were not going to be taken.

I let my mind wonder- back to when Andy proposed. I secretly wished he would do it again one day. I only froze because it caught me so off guard. He was five years older than me. He knew what he wanted in life, while I was still totally lost. It was unfair for both of us.

We hadn't spoken since. I didn't call him and he didn't call me. He was in a successful band now- touring and doing real shows. Our break up couldn't have come at a better time, really.

But I still felt a stab of pain when I saw that picture of him with that other girl in a music magazine. He looked positively happy with her, his arm draped around her shoulders, smiling brightly at the camera. My mind wouldn't let me forget that it could have been me. I honestly couldn't see my life without him. That was the reason for the total change in character. I needed a new life to picture myself living; new friends, new interests, new everything. Only that wasn't /me/.

I hated myself for just now figuring this out. I was a Class A idiot. I deserved this misery.

I certainly didn't deserve Andy. Any normal girl in love would have said yes without thought, but I guess I never considered myself to be normal because I was without a doubt in love.

In the distance I began to hear the sounds... the sounds of girls being found. I pushed the palm of one hand to my ear, and my other against the tree trying to block it out. Over and over again I sang songs in my head, trying to replace the bad noises with happy ones. My phone rested between my knees, and when it began to vibrate I was startled. Andy must have driven like a madman to make it so quickly.

"I'm here." He said as a greeting.

Relief flooded through me. "Are you in the woods?"

"I'm walking in that direction."

I glanced around the trunk, starting to see his familiar shadow coming from the brighter area. Slowly I began climbing down branch by branch. "I see you. I'm in a little further."

"Are you in a tree?"

"Do you see me?"

"I see someone climbing down a tree..." His voice did not exactly sound happy. "What are you wearing?"

"Um, clothes." I snapped the phone closed, tucking it back into my panties so I could grab the branches without thinking I was going to slip. Going down was a hundred times more difficult than climbing up, especially in my current state but at least this time I knew Andy was down there. Even if he didn't love me anymore, I knew he wouldn't let any of the other guys have me.

I was two branches away from the bottom when he appeared beneath me, hands on his hips, not looking the least bit pleased. My heart leapt in my chest at seeing him. He hadn't changed much in the months we had been apart.

At the last branch he lifted his arms up to my waist and he lowered me to the ground, and I was pleasantly surprised when he didn't pull away immediately. "Are you going to tell me what's going on?" He asked, cocking one eyebrow behind his glasses.

I swallowed, not wanting to explain this. "It's called a Find and Fuck. They bring us out into the woods and let us go. We run and hide and if the boys find us then they... they... well, think of the name. It's self explanatory."

He shook his head, obviously disappointed in me. "Why are you doing this, Sophie?"

I shrugged my shoulders debating on whether or not I should tell him the truth or make something up. In the end, I just ignored it. Simple enough. "Can we get out of here now?"

He nodded, starting to move, but as he did so one of the Brothers wondered through the woods spotting us. "Hey, you! Pledge! Who did you find?" He called drunkenly to Andy, moving toward us with as much grace as an ox in a china shop.

Andy froze, his muscles stiffening and I couldn't help but give a little squeak of surprise. My legs itched to run, but looking at this guy told me he could easily catch me if he wanted to, especially in my half-frozen state. Andy held me firmly against him, his attitude instantly changing.

"This one is mine, dude." He growled, his eyes narrowing and his hands possessively grasping my shoulders; trying to play along with the game. "Go find your own."

Drunk Boy didn't seam to hear and started undoing his belt buckle. "Hey, isn't that Sophie?" He laughed. "I'll wait till you're finished. I want a go at her." He moved even closer, starting to stumble over his own feet. Maybe running was an option after all. "Half the guys are looking for you, little pledge girl. We hear you've only ever been with one guy."

I felt my knees start to go weak as I clutched to Andy's shirt. No way was I going to let that guy near me.

Slowly and deliberately Andy backed me up against the closest tree, the rough bark scratched against my bare back but it was clear he was trying to be as gentle as possible. He shrugged casually, but the determined look in his eyes was anything but. "You're welcome to watch, but this might take a while. You're probably better off looking for another one to play with."

Immediately I was beyond shocked at Andy's words. He had never referred to girls as toys and I had to remind myself that he was playing a part- trying to get me out of this mess; always a hero. He pulled my arms above my head, anchoring both my wrists together in one of his hands, pushing his body against mine to hold me in place. It was strange really- to be out in the woods, hung over, afraid of being raped by a bunch of drunken fraternity guys and still be a little turned on by my ex boyfriend. There was probably something wrong with me.

I looked over to the other guy, who just sat himself down on the grass and began to slide his pants off. Fear shot through me. He wasn't leaving.

I must have been broadcasting my feelings because Andy kissed the side of my neck. "Don't worry. I'm going to get you out of here. Forget about the guy; just pay attention only to me, okay?"

I gave a sharp nod, afraid my voice wouldn't come out as brave as I would want it to.

"Good." He whispered, using his free hand to slide around my waist to my back, pulling me slightly away from the uncomfortable tree. "Now, why were you here to begin with? A sorority, Sophie? That's not you."

I sighed as he trailed kisses along my collarbone. I knew I couldn't think up anything better than the truth- anything believable, that is. "I needed to get over you."

He groaned, resting his forehead against mine. "You could have called, you know."

"Um hum." I kissed the bridge of his nose, knowing that didn't follow the role I was playing but I didn't really mind. Part of me wanted so badly just to take off his glasses and run my fingers through his hair. If my hands weren't secured above me I probably would have. "You could have called me, too."

"No." He ran his lips against the sensitive skin right below my ear, making me shiver. "I was the injured party. I had my pride to contend with."

"I was surprised, Andy." I whispered, wishing he felt the same as he did a year ago. I wouldn't make the same mistake twice. "I wasn't prepared for that."

"And I wasn't prepared for you to say no." He said seriously, laying his feelings out on the line.

"I didn't say no." My heart beat wildly, thinking back to that day. "I just didn't say yes either."

"It's the same thing."

I was about to refute his statement when Drunk Boy decided to speak again.

"Dude," He called, his words a slur. "She's a sure thing. You're wasting your time with romantics. Just fuck the bitch and pass her on."

Andy clenched his jaw, but proceeded to ignore him. I leaned to whisper in his ear. "Do you have a plan on getting us out of here?"

"I was hoping he would get bored and go away."

"It doesn't look like that's going to happen." I shivered at the thought of what could happen if he didn't eventually find something else to entertain him. There were only so many possibilities and none of them looked good.

Andy let go of my wrists, placing both of his hands on my hips. Nervously I grasped his shoulders, clinging to him as if my life depended on it. "We could give him a show..." Andy started, "but then I doubt he'd ever leave."

I gave a strangled laugh, wishing the circumstances were different. He deserved someone so much better than me. In fact, he probably had that someone already if the tabloids were the least bit accurate. I was probably currently messing with some great love affair; Andy never got involved unless he really cared about the person. My stomach dropped at the thought of him with that other girl.

"This isn't cheating, is it?" I asked, not wanting him to feel guilty about the position I had put him in. "I mean, you're just helping me out, right?" As I said the words, I knew I didn't want them to be true. I did want this to mean something, but I had always been selfish like that. I had to think of his best interests. I never wanted to be the 'other girl'- the one that messed up the perfect relationship.

Andy slid his hands up and down my body, giving me little goose bumps where his hands had traveled. "If you have a boyfriend, why did you call me instead of him?" He asked, his voice pitched so low that even though I was so close to him, I could barely hear the words.

I gave him a sad smile, searching his eyes. He looked almost hurt, but I couldn't understand why. "I don't."

He frowned and kissed my temple lightly. "And you're worried about cheating because..."

Was he really going to pretend like I didn't know? "Andy, don't play dumb. You're seeing someone. It's ok. I knew it would happen, and I don't want you to feel like you're betraying her by helping me." I couldn't look at him as I spoke, not wanting to see any tender emotion on his face as I brought up his current flame.

His voice turned amused. "What makes you think I have someone?" He started to trace the skin right below the elastic of my bra with his fingertips, making it very hard for me to think rationally.

"I saw pictures a few months ago." My voice cracked. "She's cute." I was trying my best to be supportive, even if it came out fake. In reality she was cute... in that 'I'll steal your boyfriend in a second' sort of way. I hated her instantly.

"Ah." He mused, "She's not my girlfriend."

That got my full attention. "Oh?" I tried to seem like I didn't care, but I knew he could see right through me.

"That was Joe's cousin. We had some awards show to attend and Joe already found a date when he realized his cousin was dieing to go. I was just doing him a favor."

Sweet relief flooded through me.

Joe's cousin. Wow. I could stop hating her.

Andy kissed his way from my bra strap to my ear. "You actually believed the fucking tabloids? I didn't even think you read those."

I couldn't form coherent words, so I just kept my mouth shut. I was still trying to get over being relieved.

He took a deep breath. "Do you know why I haven't had another girlfriend?" He asked patiently as I shook my head no, obviously not caring that much about my bad reading habits. "I can't seem to get over you."

I stared wide-eyed at him, afraid to speak and ruin the spell, but our moment was interrupted yet again by Drunk Boy. For some reason I kept forgetting he was there- that we were not in a good situation. It was deceiving, being here with Andy and not being safe. I had never felt anything like that before.

"Come /on/, man!" He yelled. "One chick isn't worth all this time!"

I groaned, seriously considering flipping the guy off, but Andy had another idea in mind.

In one smooth motion, he had me lifted up, his hands just under my thighs, making my legs instinctively wrap around his waist as he pushed me up harder against the tree. A little moan of surprise escaped my lips but that was all before his mouth claimed mine. He was hard and demanding but it had nothing to do with the show we were giving Drunk Boy, but instead with the pure need to simply feel each other again.

God, how I missed this man.

My hands moved everywhere, wanting to know every inch of him all over again, but he was wearing too much clothing for any exploration to be satisfying. I tugged and pulled at the annoying fabric, but Andy just chuckled softly. "Not here, babe." Quickly, he flipped us around, so that we were on the direct opposite side of the tree- out of Drunk Boy's line of sight.

He kissed me hard one last time before he reluctantly lowered me back to the ground, stepping away from me slightly. I wobbled, back on my own two feet, confused at what just happened. Grabbing the back of his shirt, he pulled it over his head, leaving him standing half naked before me- a shot many girls had seen as of late. I cocked one eyebrow as he forced it on over my head. His warmth immediately engulfed me, his soapy scent interwoven in the fabric. It was so hard to believe the complete turn around of our relationship in such short amount of time. I guess a crisis can do that.

"You don't like me in my bra and panties?" I asked innocently, teasing him while extremely thankful for the extra clothing.

"Not in these circumstances, no." His lips brushed against my forehead. "Feel free to wear only that when I'm the only one around, though."

I smirked. "So how are we going to get out of here?"

"The car isn't far away. I think as long as we don't make a lot of noise the guy won't realize we're gone until it's too late." He took my hand in his, giving my fingers a reassuring squeeze. "Try not to step on any crunchy leaves or branches."

I rolled my eyes. That was going to be an impossible task.

Andy led the way, expertly dodging anything that appeared suspicious and staying far away from the unnatural sounds of the forest. I couldn't help but stare at him as we moved. It was so unreal- how a stupid decision like putting myself in harms way could start to mend what we had broken. I had no idea how I had gotten so lucky so quickly.

Once clear of the woods, Andy helped me over a barbed wire fence separating it from the rest of civilization. After tangling myself in the little metal barbs and needing rescuing all over again we were free. I glanced back, wondering when Drunk Boy would realize that we had escaped; and especially what the sorority would think. Would they send a search part out for me? Probably not.

Andy walked me over to his old car, helping me inside the passenger seat like old times. He jogged around to the driver's side, taking his position behind the wheel. Carefully, he started the car and as it grumbled to life- very unlike the sleek, new vehicle I had been in earlier- I reached over to take his hand in mine. He tenderly brushed him lips over my knuckles as he started to pull out from the parking space.

"Wait." I said, surprising myself with my boldness. I just thought the word and it just seemed to come out of my mouth. He reset the brake, giving me an odd once-over.

His brow crinkled into a frown. "Surely you aren't thinking of going back."

"No." I reached up, playing with a lock of his long hair. "I just... I've missed you..."

He looked over, his eyes searching mine, but he didn't say anything. It was true- he had been the injured party. This had to come from me. "I think I made a mistake."

"A mistake?" His eyes widened at my admission.

I nodded, numbly. "I'm a mess." I gestured to myself and at the forest we had just come from. "I was running around in my underwear, climbing trees, trying to escape from guys who were trying to rape me..." I gulped. "Only it probably wouldn't even be rape because I put myself in that position-"

"Sophie-" He interrupted, but I cut him off.

"I was trying to be friends with girls who thought it was actually acceptable to do that sort of thing, Andy. That isn't me! That isn't the person I want to become. I thought it was... for a brief moment, but I was wrong about that too. I think... I think I'm only the person I want to be when I'm with you."

I blinked back tears that threatened to fall as he leaned across the consol to rub his thumb along my cheek.

"I'm sorry." I leaned away from him, instantly regretting my little speech and breaking our contact. Forcing myself to look straight forward I buckled my seatbelt. "I have no right saying those things, not after pushing you away like I did." I waved my hand dismissively. "Ignore me, and just take me home, please."

Andy just sat there. I could feel his eyes boring into me even though I refused to see him. I couldn't tell what he was thinking- but I could guess it had something to do with how crazy I was acting. Indecisiveness was quickly becoming my main character trait when he was concerned.

"Marry me."

I'm pretty sure my heart actually stopped at those words. My eyes shot over to his face, trying to read if he was actually serious as my hands gripped the sides of my seat, my nerves starting to act up again.

"W-what?" I asked, not willing to believe that in a world that existed the 'Find and Fuck' also housed second chances.

His face was determined, his chest rising and falling a bit quicker than normal. I could tell he was trying to interpret my reaction, wanting to know if he had just made the same mistake again. He pulled his wallet from his back pocket, digging around until he found what he was looking for. Fumbling slightly, he pushed the ring onto my finger- the same ring he had used to propose with the year before. "Marry me, Sophie."

I looked down at my hand, which now trembled uncontrollably. It felt so /right/. I nodded, a smile spreading across my face. "Okay, Andy."

He pulled me toward him, over the middle console and ended straddling him with the steering wheel digging into my back. Urgently, he brushed kisses across my face, his hands traveling up and under his shirt I was wearing. I gasped at the sensations, sliding my hands down his chest, wanting to be closer. He growled my name in the back of his throat as my lips found his, trying to show him with my mouth what I wanted him to do with the rest of my body.

I jerked away suddenly, just as I began to hear the other noises. Both of us were frantically trying to catch our breath, glancing over at the woods we had been not long before. Lights poured through the trees, as if the society resorted to using flashlights instead of playing fair. I pushed myself into the passenger seat once again and Andy ran a hand through his hair, obviously frustrated at the interruption.

"Let's get out of here." I whispered, even though I wasn't sure why. The boys couldn't hear me now that I was safe.

Glancing down at the new ring on my left hand, I grinned. Andy tilted his head in my direction, his eyes darting to the ring as well.

"Why did you have this in your wallet?" I asked and he put the car in drive.

He coughed, looking uncomfortable. "You can't take back an engagement ring, so I just ended up carried it with me, thinking that maybe someday you'd change your mind."

My heart swelled, and I intertwined my fingers with his. I had my own life back.

The sorority, at least, had served some kind of purpose.










_______________________________________________

First of all, I guess I probably should have put a warning at the first of this story, but I felt that would inadvertently take away from some of the shock value... So it just got lots of little red warnings at the begining. It even ended up being WAY longer than I thought it would be. (Yes, I notice this after I type 12 pages)

Also, NOT ALL sororities are like the one described above, though, it is true that some definitely are. I, myself, am in a society where elements of this tale have actually occurred, though; I have never been involved in an F&F. It is really sad that these things still happen, but be forewarned: if you are participating in RUSH and 'Hide and Seek' is among the activities, then you probably don't want to go to that event!

Okay, here is the part where I say everything above is PURE FICTION. Take from it what you will.

Oh, and Andy just needed some action. All these current stories about Patrick, Pete, and Joe, I felt the guy deserved his own drama. I even tried to end it as sweet as possible so you wouldn't review with a bad taste in your mouth...

Let me know what you thought about it!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story