Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Reign Of Darkness

The New Kid

by story_master 6 reviews

Sequel to 'The Darkness Within' When the new kid at school befriends Jay quickly the others get suspicious. Especially when Jay starts to ignore, keep secrets from them and even hurt Theresa. But ...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2007-01-15 - Updated: 2007-01-15 - 1692 words

1Exciting
Tory: Hey there! I know that I'm still working on many various other stories but I've been waiting a long time for the inspiration for the sequel to 'The Darkness Within' so I could write it. Now that I have found it I'm ready to write! I'm really excited for this one. I hope that you'll all enjoy it too. Thanks to everyone who supported me with "The Darkness Within' and thanks to everyone who read and/or reviewed. You all rock! So here's the sequel. Enjoy...

Disclaimer: Don't own, probably never will. I just own my stories.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The New Kid

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It was Friday morning and everyone was rushing to get to school. They had been up late the previous night saving the world from Cronus. So, as they reached the school in record time they had to run to class.

Luckily all their teachers were the gods and goddesses in disguise, so no detentions. Each of the heroes reached their classroom just as the bell rang. They sat through the three and half hours of torture known as periods one and two then it was lunch.

The heroes gathered at their normal table outside, being spring it was nice to sit out there. And as always Theresa and Atlanta were the first ones there, talking excitedly. Then came Archie and Herry, also talking. Then Odie and Neil, Odie talking to Neil who wasn't listening. Then there was Jay who was always the last one there. But today... today was different. He wasn't just late, he didn't even show up.

Theresa, having a spare for fourth period went to find him and see what was up. He also had a spare so it was easy. Now she just had to find him. She walked the halls of the school aimlessly looking for him.

After about twenty minutes she saw him by his locker. But what she didn't see was his new friend and that made things quite interesting...

" Jay Morrow! Where in Hades were you at lunch?!" she asked sternly as she approached him, still not seeing his new friend.

" Uhh Theresa. Hey. Listen sorry about that. I was.. busy... and... uhhhh....." he trailed off and suddenly felt very scared of the powerful red head, she was very intimidating.

" No excuses! Where were you. We had to go meet Hera and... you are just in big trouble mister!" she finished.

" Theresa, I uhhhh want you to meet Will. He's new to New Olympia and I was just showing him around." Jay said stepping aside to introduce the two.

" I don't care if you were caught up reading your ancient Greek literature you should've.... wait. What?" she was confused.

" Hi. I'm William. William Thomas. But please just call me Will. Sorry about taking Jay for lunch but I'm new here and he was just showing me the ropes." the timid boy said while outstretching his hand.

Will was a tall boy, about the same height as Jay and had blonde hair that fell in his ocean blue eyes. In fact that was the only difference between the two was Will's eyes and hair were a different colour than Jay's, otherwise they looked the same.

Theresa shook his hand while eyeing the boy suspiciously. Something wasn't right here but she just couldn't put her finger on it.

" Uhhh, hi. I'm Theresa." she replied.

" Jay you didn't tell me you had a date with your girlfriend at lunch." Will said to Jay.

Both Jay and Theresa blushed madly before anyone else spoke.

" G-girlfriend? Oh no. We're just friends. That's all." Jay said, the blush staying on his face.

Theresa's heart broke at those words. She lowered her eyes with sorrow.

" Y-yeah. Just friends." she added.

" Well I was just going to show Will the town. Did you want to come?" Jay asked, hopefully.

" No that's okay. I've got homework to do." she replied a little coldly.

" We didn't have any homework." Jay said, they had all the same classes together.

" I have to go see someone then. Excuse me." she said quickly before pushing past the two boys and running around the corner.

" Would you excuse me for a moment. I just have to see if she's okay." Jay said as he chased after his friend.

He rounded the corner and found Theresa at her locker. He walked up and noticed the cold expression on her face. He was really in trouble.

" Theresa? You okay? You seem a little-" he was cut off.

" I'm fine." she said sternly.

" You don't seem fine. Are you sure?" Jay asked again.

" Jay I'm-" but she stopped there.

" Theresa?" Jay was getting worried.

Theresa fell to the ground, the contents of her lockers spilling everywhere and her eyes were watering. She looked like she was asking for help, but no sound escaped her lips. Her breaths came short and shallow.

Jay was starting to get really worried. He was on the ground, by her side trying to figure out what was wrong. Her eyes pleaded to him for help. He noticed that her eyes were dull and they looked a little tired.

" Theresa? What's wrong? Oh god. Theresa?" Jay ran a hand threw his hair then looked down the hall.

Will was looking around the corner at Theresa.

" Will, come here. We've got to help her." Jay called to his new friend.

Will seemed to be staring off into space when Jay called him. So the brunette's words snapped him back to reality and he ran towards them.

Suddenly Theresa's breathing returned to normal and her eyes became bright once more. But that look of fear stayed.

" Theresa? Theresa? Are you okay?" Jay asked, his concern still evident.

" Jay?" she whispered, her eyes trying to focus on him.

" What happened? Are you okay?" he asked again, his eyes showing the concern in his voice.

She didn't answer. She looked to Will, who she just noticed was there. They were both on the one side of her. She scrambled to her feet, eyes not leaving Will's, and backed up against her locker.

" Theresa? What is it?" Jay asked, as he and Will also stood.

" I'm sorry.... but... I have.... I have to go." she said before turning on heel and running out of the school.

Jay took a step after her but stopped. He decided that it was best to let her cool off for a bit before trying to talk to her.

" What was that about?" Will asked as Jay picked up Theresa's belongings and put them in her locker.

" I'm not sure." he replied, closing her locker and starting to walk.

" Is she normally like that?" Will inquired.

" Sometimes... I mean sort of.... uhhh... no she's not." Jay replied, trying to gather his thoughts.

" Is she okay." Will asked, he seemed to be very interested in her.

" Yeah, she'll be fine. She just needs to meditate." Jay replied absent mindedly.

" Meditate? She's into yoga?" Will asked, slightly excited.

" Huh? Oh uhh, kind of. It's a different kind of meditating." Jay said, realizing that he almost told a complete stranger his secret.

" Oh. Maybe she could teach me sometime." Will asked.

Jay didn't reply as they exited the school. By now the final bell had rung and students were rushing out the doors.

First they went to the park. And once there who did they run into? No other than Archie and Atlanta.

" Jay!" Atlanta called after the two, she sounded mad.

" Oh, h-hey Atlanta." he said a little nervously, he knew that she had spoken to Theresa.

" Where were you at lunch? Theresa was looking for you?" Archie asked with an all knowing smirk.

" Yeah, she told me." Jay said rather solemnly.

" She yelled at you didn't she? Don't take it personal man she's just a Drama Queen. You know how she gets" Archie said, while barely containing his laughter.

" Shut up Archie." Atlanta scolded while punching him in the arm.

" Hey! Who's this?" Archie asked gesturing towards the boy with Jay.

" Oh this is Will. He's new to New Olympia. I was just showing him around." Jay replied.

" Hi. I'm Atlanta and this is Archie." she said as she shook Will's outstretched hand.

" Well, we gotta go. I'm about to beat Atlanta home." Archie said as he took off down the road.

" He wishes." Atlanta said sarcastically as she took off after him, turning back to yell a quick 'bye'.

Next the two were off to the mall were they ran into the rest of the team; Herry, Odie and Neil.

" Jay!" Odie called him over to their table.

" Hey guys. What's up?" he replied as he and Will walked over to them.

" Same old same old." Odie replied with a bored tone.

" Who're you?" Neil asked, while flicking the blonde boy's hair and circling him.

" I'm Will. I just moved here." he replied politely.

" You'll have to excuse Neil. I'm Odie and this is Herry." Odie introduced them.

" Hi." Will said.

He received a muffled 'hello' from Herry who was eating a large sub and two 'hey's from Odie and Neil.

" I was just showing Will around." Jay said.

" Well actually it's four. I've got to get home. Thanks. See you guys tomorrow." Will said as he turned to leave the mall.

" Bye." they called after him.

Jay took a seat with his friends and sighed.

" What's up?" Herry asked, finishing off the rest of his sandwich.

" Oh it's noth-" but the beeping of his PMR cut him off.

" Yeah?" he answered, seeing Archie's face.

"Jay! You've got to get back to the house now!" he said, his voice full of panic.

" Why? What is it?" Jay asked, his concern growing.

" It's Theresa." Archie replied.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

A/N: There you have it! I hope you all liked it! I'm really going to love writing this one! Not that I don't love writing all my other stories but this one will have twists, turns and loop-d-loops! I can't wait! Send a review my way and let me know what you think of my first chapter. I'll try to update all my stories soon! Cheers!:D
Sign up to rate and review this story