Categories > Original > Romance > To Do What You Have To

hooray for cuddling

by GremlinDuck 1 review

Sakuya and Jay are two friends working at a secret bio-genetics lab dedicated to the supernatural, but what happens when they become more than 'just friends'? *Shoujo ai* that mean's girl X girl lo...

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Romance, Sci-fi - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-02-02 - Updated: 2007-02-03 - 1471 words

1Original
Chapter 1

Walking along the path of the snow covered park, was a young lady with shoulder length raven hair. Stopping she looked down into the frozen pond, and sighed after seeing her reflection in the glistening ice.

Hearing the crunch of footsteps in the snow behind her she turned and was promptly smacked in the side of the head with a snow ball. Growling she wiped the snow out of her hair and face, looking down she saw that her small female companion was rolling on the ground in laughter.

"Sakuya, you should have seen your expression. That was priceless!"

Sakura growled again "JAY! You little monster! I'll get you for that!"

Jay jumped up quickly and ran, her closest friend Sakuya close behind.

Jay stopped suddenly and turned, then crying happily 'TACKLE HUG!' She jumped Sakuya as she tried to grab her.

Both fell to the ground laughing and slightly winded, Sakuya grinned once she got her breath back, hugging Jay and petting her dark brown hair, Jay nuzzled her in return.

"C'mon," Jay mumbled after a few minutes, not really wanting to ruin the moment, "We have to get back to The Center." She started to rise.

Sakuya sighed and accepted the hand Jay offered her and got up off of the ground.

"We need to take a vacation, a little alone time, just me and you." Sakuya muttered, Jay smiled as they began to walk towards The Center's gates "That'd be nice, but we have too much work to do."

"We'll we wouldn't have so much work to do if that perfection loving, misery vampire would get off our backs!"

"Audrey's not that bad."

"Speak for yourself, at least she's not your sister."

They entered the Center and stood on the platform that would take them to their work stations, the scanner quickly checking their ID's.

"Sakuya, sister of Audrey, cleared."

"Jay Summers, cleared."

Sakuya growled "I really wish that thing wouldn't refer to me as 'sister of Audrey.'" Jay giggled "I'll see if I can get that fixed."

"I can't believe that you're the one responsible for creating and maintaining most of the technology here."

"What can I say?, I'm a genius."

Sakuya rolled her eyes, "Your soooo modest." She said sarcasticly.

"And adorable." Jay piped, grinning.

"Hey guys!" Said Lucas coming up to them once the platform stopped.

"Hi Lucas!" Jay greeted enthusiasticly.

"Hey." Sakuya muttered not as happily.

Jay cocked her head looking at Sakuya but didn't say anything.

"I'm working on a new experiment with the bile monster to see if it can anything besides throw up on everyone, wanna come see?" Lucas explained as they began to walk to sector 4 where Jay and Sakuya worked.

Jay perked up, "Cool!..But uh mabey some other time."

Lucas shrugged "Suit yourself, Bye!"

"Seeya."

Sakuya looked at Jay questionably "Why didn't you go see? I thought you liked all that gross stuff."

They came to their station and sat down. "I do, but..." Jay trailed off.

"But what?"

"But I wanted to spend time with you." She mumbled, her back to Sakuya.

Sakuya smiled, rolled her chair next to Jay, slipped her arms around her, hauled the smaller girl onto her lap, and cuddled her.

"Well, you got what you asked for." She whispered into her ear making Jay blush.

Jay giggled and nuzzled her shoulder and Sakuya kissed her cheek, the rest of the Center not paying them any attention, they were used to the two and their displays of affection.

Jay smiled faintly, "We should get to work, I mean, the Center doesn't pay us to cuddle." Sakuya chuckled, "I suppose so."

Jay slipped off of her companions lap and sat down at her station to begin her work, Sakuya sighed and turned to do the same.

**

Hours later the two were once again strolling through the park towards Torrington Acadamy, Jay had decided to go visit her sister and step-brother, Sakuya wasn't going to come at first but Jay had given her the "puppy dog eyes".

Sakuya sighed, "I hate it when you do that." Jay laughed and wrapped an arm around her friend, "I wouldn't do it if you didn't." Sakuya smiled and slid her arm around her shoulders.

"I know."

They continued on in companionable silence.

The two had always been close and everyone just assumed that they had some kind of relationship, but they had always been just friends, affectionate friends, but friends all the same. 'But for how long?' Jay asked silently.

Sakuya looked down at her and saw her thoughtful expression, "Hey, you ok?" Jay blinked, "Huh? Oh yeah, I'm ok, just thinking..."

"Of what?"

"Things, you, me, the world."

"Pretty deep, Huh?"

"I guess you could say that....Sakuya?"

"Hmm?"

Silence. Then finally.

"Did you ever want to tell someone something, but you were afraid that you'd mess up something good if you did?" Jay asked quietly.

Sakuya stopped an looked down at her, "Yeah..." She said slipping her finger under Jay's chin to make her look at her, "Why?"

Jay looked into her eyes for a second before looking back down at the ground, "Nevermind." She mumbled.

She turned and began to walk back towards the park.

"Hey where are you going? I thought that you wanted to see your family." Sakuya questioned following her.

"I-I don't think I want to right now, mabey later."

"Jay, what's wrong?"

"Nothing!"

"Come on, I've known you for years and I know when somethings wrong, and something is wrong, So what's wrong?"

"I said nothing, and stop asking me 'what's wrong?'"

Sakuya growled and grabbed her by the shoulders and pinned her to a tree.

Jay gasped and winced when her back hit the rough bark of the tree, idly thinking, 'That's gonna' be a bruise tommorow', then glared at her.

"What the hell was that for?!" She demanded.

"I want you to talk to me and stop being stupid!"

"You're the one who's being stupid, now let me go!" Sakuya's eyes narrowed.

Jay squirmed and tried to get out of her grasp, wincing as her back scraped against the rough bark even more, Sakuya saw this and her eyes softened.

In one swift motion Jay was no longer pinned to the tree but was now being carried by Sakuya to a nearby bench and had no other choice but to wrap her arms around her neck.

Sakuya sat down with Jay on her lap, Jay's arms still around her shoulders, and buried her face into Jay's neck.

"I'm sorry." She mumbled against her neck.

Jay pouted, "You better be, that friggin' hurt!" Sakuya began to rub her back gently.

Jay relaxed and sighed as Sakuya's skilled hands soothed her.

"So...Are you gonna' tell me what's wrong now?"

Jay tensed up. 'She just doesn't give up does she?.'

"No, I am not going to tell you what's wrong because there's nothing wrong! Now get over it!" She growled and punched her in the shoulder.

"Fine." Sakuya grumbled and rubbed her shoulder. "I'll stop, if you..." She trailed off.

"'If I 'what?" Jay asked suspiciously.

"If you do this."

"Do wha-?" She was cut off as Sakuya kissed her on the lips. It was short, sweet, and gentle.

Sakuya pulled back and smiled as she saw the dazed exression her friend had.

"So now do you want to talk?"

Jay's eyes narrowed, "I thought you weren't going to do that anymore!"

She chuckled, "Only if you kissed me, but I kissed you so it doesn't count." She grinned at Jay's annoyed look,

Jay rolled her eyes, "Fine." And kissed her quickly.

Sakuya blinked, "That doesn't count!"

"What?"

"That was just a peck on the lips!, do it again!"

Jay frowned.

"Aaaaannd," Sakuya drew out, "You have to really mean it."

She looked like she was going to hit her again, but then she sighed and got off of Sakuya's lap before she could stop her. 'Alright' She thought, 'I'll play her game'.

Sakuya sighed unhappily and followed her in silence, keeping a few steps behind her, 'Why did I have to go and do that? God, I'm so stupid, I should have never of even opened my big mouth!'

Jay stopped suddenly and Sakuya almost ran into her. She turned quickly, cupped Sakuya's face with her hands and pulled her into a kiss. Once she got over the initial shock, Sakuya wrapped her arms around her and returned her kiss, pulling her closer as she slid her warm tongue into her mouth. Jay mewled as their tongues battled.

Finally they pulled away and were both panting, their faces flushed.

"Sooo," Jay purred, "Did that feel like I meant it?" She winked and began walking again.

Sakuya grinned dazedly and started after her, "I'm not sure, better do it again".
-------
Sign up to rate and review this story