Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Dear Order

Letter Five

by SilverWolf7007 9 reviews

"Try to follow Dumbles around, when and where possible."

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Characters: Arthur Weasley, Bill Weasley, Dumbledore, Fred, George, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Kingsley, Luna, Lupin, Molly Weasley, Moody, Neville, Professor McGonagall, Ron, Snape, Tonks - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-02-04 - Updated: 2007-02-04 - 734 words

5Funny
Dear Order

Or, Twenty-One Letters to the Order of the Parched Pigeon


Letter Five - "Try to follow Dumbles around, when and where possible."

Nymphadora Tonks was never one to pass up a challenge, and what was contained in the letter that had been delivered to her earlier that morning was definitely a big one.

Of course, she usually had some kind of understanding as to why she was doing... whatever it was that the challenge required of her.

Then again, when one took into account who had set this challenge, one would realise that there was a reason for its obscurity.

The reason was that Harry, despite being a lovable kid, was utterly insane.

But even though she knew that, Tonks just couldn't resist. After all, Harry was known for causing mayhem wherever he went, and while she may not understand why he wanted her to do what she was planning to do; she knew it would undoubtedly unsettle the Headmaster in some way.

No one at Headquarters could pass up the opportunity to annoy the old man any more. His continued insistence that they couldn't contact Harry, coupled with him constantly offering tea and lemon drops (and occasionally lemon tea or tea drops, when Remus or Severus got bored) had him getting on even Arthur's normally unshakable nerves.

These were the thoughts that led Tonks to her current situation.

Well, those thoughts, and the letter, of course. But that wasn't the point.

The point was, Nymphadora Tonks was now standing in front of a mirror, making sure she had everything right. Well, as right as she could get it with Harry's vague instructions.

'"Like me but much paler, with tidier hair and red eyes." Damn, Har, did you have to be so difficult about this?'

Finally, she felt satisfied with her new appearance, and decided to go find the Headmaster to test it out.

On her way to the lounge room, where she knew the man was currently playing chess against Ron, she reread the letter that Hedwig had dropped on her face at about five that morning.

'Dear Tonks,

Will send my official 'Dear Order' letter in a few hours time, so send Hedwig back immediately.

I have a challenge for you.

Please spend the day looking like me but much paler, with tidier hair and red eyes. Try to follow Dumbles around, when and where possible.

Ta!

Love Harry'


Tonks sighed and shook her head, not for the first time since receiving the letter. She just hoped that this would be worth it.

*

Albus Dumbledore felt that he was rather good at chess, on the whole. This is why he was feeling somewhat inadequate. Ronald Weasley was defeating him quite soundly.

He found himself wishing, desperately, for something to interrupt the game. He didn't think he would ever live down being beaten by a sixteen year old boy.

Albus later wished that he had just gracefully accepted this defeat, as it seemed as though his very thoughts had summoned such a disruption.

Ginny gave a startled shriek, gaining the attention of everyone else. She pointed to the doorway, where for a moment several people thought Harry was standing.

The boy in question stepped further into the room, eyes locked on the Headmaster. Albus's own eyes widened in horror as he realised exactly who this boy seemed to be. "Tom," he breathed.

Everyone else began staring in horror, Minerva and Moody even drew their wands.

Severus just raised an eyebrow at Remus, who was snickering somewhat uncontrollably on the couch. All eyes turned to him as he fell to the ground with a thud. For some reason he seemed to find this hilarious, his snickers turning to full blown laughter.

An annoyed sounding tap on the window was answered by Fred, and Hedwig quickly perched herself on Ginny's shoulder. The girl in question, recovered from her earlier shock, took the offered letter, read it, read it again and then giggled for a moment before reading it aloud.

"'Dear Order,

I hope you're all enjoying Tommy's visit. You may be wondering where Tonks is. She's, uh, on holiday, for the day. Yeah.

Gin, sorry if Tommy startled you. Just so you all know, he'll be following the Headmaster around today.

Thanks 'Tommy'!

Love Harry.'"


Albus Dumbledore finally began to wonder at the wisdom of leaving Harry Potter to his own devices all summer.
Sign up to rate and review this story