Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Silver and Cold

I Lose The Joys Of Life

by Cerediwen 10 reviews

Gerard makes a life changing descision which may affect him more than once...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fantasy, Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2007-02-05 - Updated: 2007-02-05 - 940 words

0Unrated
A/N: Okay...I don't know what everyone will think of this but don't worry...it's not a scene that'll particularly raise the rating of this fic. Be warned that it is possible there may be one later but that's a serious thinking point for me. Oh and just to clarify the bit in italics at the end is set in the future not in the past. Oh and thanks to Silvana and Safefromrobots especially for helping out when I couldn't work out what to do for this chapter, it means a lot guys!
Disclaimer: Nope, me don't own.

Chapter 33
I Lose The Joys Of Life

Gerard still stood on the carpet of her bedroom when Melaina pushed open the door, her daughter had left hours ago and he'd just stood there, stayed in that room for a full twenty four hours - his mind in turmoil over what he should do next. She walked over to him slowly, her long black dress swirling around her ankles as she wandered towards him and stopped inches away from where he stood.
"So," She started very slowly, breaking the silence like a knife through a glass pane. "What are you going to do Gerard Way?" She murmured as she took a step further toward him, her left hand creeping through his dark hair.
He closed his eyes and shuddered slightly under her touch, frozen to the core by his whirling emotions. He turned around slowly and wrapped his arms around her waist "I'm gonna put it all on black and spin the wheel." He whispered to her as he reached up and gently brushed a stray piece of hair from her face "And do you realise how clever that little girl is?" He asked her suddenly, looking at her inquiringly with his deep green eyes.
She raised an eyebrow and tipped her head to one side as her fingers traced his jaw line. "I honestly had no idea..." She murmured, playing along. "Enlighten me?"
He smiled sadly at her "You have any idea how much she picks up? She probably knows more of the better side of our language than a dictionary."
Melaina laughed softly "If you mean she can curse like a bitch then yes, I did notice, she was evicted from her primary school for it...she called her Geography teacher a motherfucker I believe...but it was for insulting you."
Gerard looked down at her with something like wonder in his eyes "What the hell did you bring that girl up on?" He asked her quietly.
Melaina shrugged "Fuse, Kerrang...oh and My Chemical Romance and the Used of course." She smiled at him as she moved out of his arms and walked over to the CD player, neatly concealed in the corner of the room. She smiled as she spun a disc in her hand, mesmerised as it caught the light. Then she slotted it in and turned back to him with an almost mischievous smile on her face. The Used and In Love and Death echoed out seconds later.
"Life's greatest questions have always been: Who am I? Where did I come from? Why am I here? Where am I going? You are about to see and hear one of the most significant messages given to us from God." Gerard murmured along with the CD then smiled at her "Is the fact that in a couple of seconds you're going to skip the track to All That I've Got a hint?" He asked her so politely it was almost possible to miss the sparkle in his eyes.
She shrugged "It could be..." She started "But my wonderful little girl gets up at six o'clock every morning and if I remember rightly we didn't have that problem last time did we?" She told him as she flicked the track to four.
He shook his head "No," He agreed "We didn't." And with that said he walked over to her quickly and scooped her into his arms "Better enjoy it while it lasts then." He whispered, his warm breath tickling her ear as he carried her over to the bed. She laughed as he dropped her onto the sheets and then lay and watched enthralled as he stripped down to his black boxer shorts. But as he lay down next to her and kissed her passionately, sliding her long, ebony dress from her shoulders he sighed inwardly as he realised this was going to be a very long night.

~~~~~~~~~

The boys watched silently as she held the black box, its pentagram craved deep into the wood on her lap and slid a silver pendant into the lock. It clicked open seconds later and she opened it without letting them see what was inside, drawing out a picture. It was a snapshot taken from years and years ago and unlike the pictures that the boys were used to it didn't move. She held it up for them all to see and then passed it to the older of the brothers.
"This is for you." She told him softly, slipping the picture between his fingers. "When I've explained you'll understand why you never have to make it come true."
The boy looked down at the picture in his hands; it was a man and a woman with their arms around each other, both grinning widely. But it was the terrifying similarity between the man in the picture to the boy who sat next to his younger brother that made his fingers tremble as they held the paper. He looked up at her seconds later. "What's going on?" He asked quietly "That's me."


~~~~~~~~~
Sign up to rate and review this story