Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Slayer, The Avatar And The Guardian Of Light

CH38 - Returning To Pivet Drive

by GuardianOfLight 3 reviews

Harry goes back to Pivet Drive and Tonks has words with Dumbledore

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover, Drama, Fantasy, Romance - Characters: Dumbledore, Fleur, Harry, Lupin, Tonks - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2007-02-05 - Updated: 2007-02-05 - 2175 words

5Exciting
Chapter 38 - Returning To Pivet Drive

Dimension: 563 - Earth
Date: 14th August 2001 AD
Country: Britain - Scotland
Location: Hogwarts - Dumbledore's Office
Time: Afternoon


In the Headmasters Office at Hogwarts Dumbledore sat in his chair, his wand waving over the pieces of metal scattered over his desk. He had managed to repair most of the damage inflicted by Harry at the end of the previous school year and this was one of the last few objects that remained broken.

It was a device of his own design, it was charmed to monitor the wards surrounding Pivet Drive but due to Harry's absence he had felt no need to repair this object sooner.

As the last piece of metal was reattached and the charms repaired, it started to whirl at top speed while an alarm sounded, indicating that the wards around Pivet Drive were down.

Dumbledore's eyes flew open, before he rapidly began to wave his wand over the object, desperate to find a fault in his repairs.

By the time he had finished scanning the entire canvas based population of the room were awake and shouting for him to turn it off.

He threw a silencing charm at it before moving rapidly to the fireplace, summoning powder from the nearby pot.

"12 Grimmauld Place."

As the fire flared he stepped in and swiftly out the other side.

No sooner had he appeared in the dinning room of said residence when a Message Patronus came running at him.

He recognised the shape as that of Tonks, he did not know how long ago the wards had fallen but if it was this afternoon it would explain why Tonks had sent word, the wards falling would not have been silent, far from it in fact they would have probably have fallen with a bang and a very bright flash.

As the Patronus entered him he saw the message appear in his mind, he was more than a little surprised by what he saw....why were the Dursley's on trial.

Quickly transfiguring his robes to resemble a Muggle suit and coat, he fired of his own memory spell (for whoever came to Headquarters next) and Apparated straight to the courtroom, appearing in the gents.

Walking out of the cubical, he quickly made his way to the courtroom that Tonks had specified in her message.

The hallway was almost entirely deserted except for one young woman dressed in a Muggle suit, leaning against the wall looking nervous and thoughtful.

As he approached the woman she looked up and sighed.

"What's happened Nymphadora?" he asked, causing her to twitch at the use of her first name.

"I saw Harry." She said quietly "He left with a group of people, one of whom matched the description of that Adam person you told us about."

She paused and took a breath before continuing.

"I was going to come up behind him when he left the courtroom and get us back to HQ using my emergency portkey, but he knew who I was and said so as he passed, I urged him to come back with me but he refused, I couldn't force the issue as I was outnumbered five to one as Harry can now do magic, so I didn't try anything."

"What happened in court?" the Headmaster asked, looking older than he usually did.

"The Dursley's were found guilty of assault, child abuse and slander and are being sent to prison." She turned to look at the aging Headmaster, her eyes on fire with an anger that Dumbledore had never seen before "How could you place Harry with people like that, they have been abusing him and forcing him to be there slave for the last fifteen years....they used the money that was meant for him to spoil their already spoiled brat of a son....how can you possibly condone that?"

Dumbledore just looked at her, lost for words, not quite believing what he was hearing.

"Child abuse, there must have been a mistake," he said looking down "They wouldn't have abused Harry."

"They did!" shouted Tonks "They did and they are paying for it and if I ever get a hold of them I will be spending the rest of my life in Azkaban."

With that she turned and marched her way out of the building leaving a bewildered and shocked Headmaster.
________________________________________________________________________

Dimension: 563 - Earth
Date: 14th August 2001 AD
Country: Britain - England - Surrey
Location: Pivet Drive - Little Whinging
Time: Afternoon


In the town of Little Whinging, down Pivet Drive, four people appeared down the side of a house holding onto a black gentleman's tie.

Looking around they cautiously walked out onto the pavement before heading down the road.

As they arrived at the house in question they walked up the drive and put the key in the lock.

The young man with his hand on the key took a breath before turning the key and opening the door, the observations of an old lady and several cats looking out of a window further up the street went unnoticed.
________________________________________________________________________

Stepping over the threshold Harry walked into his residence of many years.

"This wallpaper is disgusting," commented Delphine "I wouldn't even force our servants to endure such revolting walls."

Harry walked into the sitting room, looking around at the house that had been the site of years of slavery.

He felt a hand slide into his and sighed in comfort, squeezing Fleur's hand back, suppressing the memories of his life at the Dursley's hands.
________________________________________________________________________

Dimitri and Delphine watched Harry cautiously as he walked into what used to be his home.

Delphine made a sarcastic (but true) commented about the disgusting wallpaper in an attempt to distract Harry from the memories they were certain were surfacing in his mind.

Harry didn't react and wondered into the sitting room, Fleur turned to them briefly and directed them up the stairs before following her mate into the room.

Walking up the stairs the Delacour's observed several rooms; there were three rooms with neat white doors on one side of the landing and on the other side down the far end was another door, the paint was peeling off and probably hadn't been cared for in over a decade, there were the holes for multiple locks and chains and a hastily repaired square in the door at the bottom where a cat flap had once been.

Dimitri cautiously walked over and opened the door.

The room he stepped into was by far the most squalid place he had ever been.

The paint on the walls must have been over twenty years old, the floor boards were rough and covered in splinters, the furniture was falling apart and looked like it could barely support its own weight and the bed, the bed looked so lumpy the he was sure that just tapping it would cause what was left of the springs to erupt through the mattress.

Several parts of the room had a fresh coat of paint on, as if someone had been attempting to conceal the gloomy nature of the room, the paint brush laid discarded on the floor where it had been dropped in haste, probably due to the arrival of the police.

Dimitri heard a gasp behind him as his wife came through the door.

"This was his room....this was where that kind noble young man grew up, how on earth did he turn out like he did after enduring this?"

"I don't know my love, but thank god he did." He sighed walking over to the window and leaning out; he could see the holes in the wall where the bars Harry had told them about had been fixed.

Closing the window, Dimitri turned back to his wife "Come dear, let us leave this miserable place."

They quietly headed downstairs to search for their daughter and her mate. At the bottom of the stairs they saw Fleur was kneeling down outside of a cupboard under the stairs, walking towards her they saw Harry sitting in a similar position inside the cupboard.

When they reached them they kneeled down next to them, Dimitri opened his mouth to speak but a look from Fleur stopped him.

Looking confused they looked to Harry.

He was kneeling inside the cupboard door running his hands over one of the beams, his body barely fitting into the small space. They had no idea how anyone could live in such a space.

They watched him for several seconds before he spoke.

"My name used to be here, I carved it when I still lived in here...they were never able to remove it or paint over it....my first bit of accidental magic....now its gone."

Fleur shuffled forward, until her knees were over the threshold.

"Harry....are you ok?"

He paused dropping his hand from the beaming before turning to them, wearing the biggest smile any of them had yet seen from him, his face positively glowing with happiness.

"I'm not just ok....I'm fantastic....for the first time, I have conclusive proof that I no longer call Pivet Drive my home."

Fleur smiled back and embraced him, feeling his joy flooding the link.

When they finally separated to see the smiling faces of Dimitri and Delphine, they stood and headed for the door leaving the miserable excuse for a house behind.
________________________________________________________________________

Remus heavily stepped through the fireplace of Order Headquarters and immediately headed for the kitchen.

He had just spent the entire day talking to other Werewolves about allegiance, most of the two to three hundred had already joined Voldemort but there were still a few dozen undecided.

Reaching the kitchen he headed straight for one of the cupboards, opening the cupboard he withdrew a glass, he then proceeded to close the cupboard, tab the door anf reopen it, withdrawing the bottle of fire whisky that he knew Sirius had hidden in the second compartment, knowing that Molly would never find it.

Walking back to the lounge he dropped down into a chair, opened the bottle filled the glass to the brim before draining it in one, ignoring the resulting smoke coming out of his ears and nostrils.

Before he had the chance to pour another much more sensibly sized amount a Patronus message charm flew into the room, recognising the phoenix as Dumbledore's he didn't move as it entered him, filling his mind with the contents of Tonks message from earlier that day.

Launching himself out of his seat he began moving towards the fireplace, only to have it flare to life as he approached only to have it filled with the face of Arabella Figg.

"Remus, Harry's here."

"He's what?" Remus exclaimed.

"He's here, in Pivet Drive along with a couple and another girl about his age."

"He's supposed to be in London, I just received a message from Tonks via Dumbledore, he's taking the Dursley's to court."

"I know, she told me before she left for London. If you want to stop him leaving you had better move fast."

"I'm coming through." He decided quickly picking up some powder from the pot by the fire as the face withdrew.

He quickly stepped through, not stopping to ask more and ran out into the street, Arabella trailing behind.

Just in time to see Harry and the other people Arabella described exiting the house.

He took of after them as they turned and headed in the other direction.

As he approached he could here what they were disusing.

"....I think I'll rent it out. Give myself a constant source of income."

"Good idea Harry," said the older woman "Though I would recommend redecorating first, I wouldn't live there if you paid me."

"Agreed." Nodded the man "I can recommend someone to do the house for you, he's not cheap but the quality and speed of work are easily worth it."

"We had better get going, dinner will be ready soon."

They turned and began to walk towards a house with a path to the back garden around one side.

"Harry." He called causing all four people to spin around, the eldest two raising there arms, the tips of their wands just visible inside the cuffs of their sleeves. Remus moved his arms out wide to show he was not armed.

"Remus." He returned.

"Harry you must come back with me, it's not safe."

"I am safe." Harry returned, not showing much emotion "At least a lot safer than I was."

Remus looked at him concerned, his eyes flicked towards number four "What did they do to you?" he asked his voice shaking slightly.

"Look up the court files for the case; Crown versus Dursley, or ask Tonks, she was there." He finished, beginning to walk away.

"Harry!" he exclaimed as the others followed him, there wands still aimed at him.

"Goodbye Remus." He said over his shoulder, before they disappeared down the side of a house.

Remus ran to the house but they were already gone.

He heard Arabella's foot steps coming up behind him.

"Well, that could have gone better."
Sign up to rate and review this story