Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Slayer, The Avatar And The Guardian Of Light

CH39 - The-Boy-Who-Lived Goes Missing

by GuardianOfLight 3 reviews

Harry goes missing

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover, Drama, Fantasy, Romance - Characters: Dumbledore, Fleur, Harry, Other - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2007-02-09 - Updated: 2007-02-09 - 1612 words

5Funny
Chapter 39 - The-Boy-Who-Lived Goes Missing

Dimension: 563 - Earth
Date: 15th August 2001 AD
Country: France - The French Riviera - Marseeleveyre Mountains
Location: Chateau Delacour
Time: Morning


"Morning." Yawned Harry as he awoke the next day, Fleur's silver hair hanging down around his face as she looked down at him smiling.

"Morning Arry." She greeted back leaning down to kiss him softly "It's time to get up."

"I thought this was our day off," he grumbled.

"You can't have a day off if you don't get out of bed." She replied with another smile "Come on Arry, it's already ten o'clock."

"Oh, ok." Harry groaned, rolling onto his side as an already dressed Fleur slipped off him "What are we going to do today?"

"I haven't decided yet," she said handing him a shirt and match trousers "Come on its time for a late breakfast."

After a leisurely turn in the bathroom they slowly made their way down the stairs, as they entered the sitting room after their late breakfast they were greeted by the site of a serious looking Dimitri, Delphine and Viktor who were all staring at a series of newspapers lying on the table in front of them.

"What's wrong?" Harry asked nervously.

Dimitri sighed and held out a French paper, his face was on the front.

"I can't read French well....how bad is it?"

"Here," said Viktor picking up another paper and handing it to him "This was the one that started the rest off."

Taking the paper Harry looked at the cover.

The Daily Prophet

He should have known.

Looking further down the first page he saw another picture of himself as well as the headline.

THE-BOY-WHO-LIVED GOES MISSING

Harry Potter, The-Boy-Who-Lived has disappeared.
Yesterday this reporter was at a Muggle courtroom after overhearing a couple of Muggle Lawyers discussing an upcoming case; needless to say I was surprised when I heard the name Harry Potter mentioned. My curiosity took me to the trial; you can understand my surprise when I heard that it was Harry Potter himself who was taking his guardians Vernon Dursley (his uncle), Petunia Dursley (Lily Potters sister and his aunt) and their rather large son Dudley Dursley to court.

The laws of the Wizarding World prevent me from telling you what the charges were or what happened inside the court but I can say that I and every other member of the courtroom was shocked by what they heard and by the time the sentencing had been concluded every member of the public in the court was cheering as the Dursley's were sentenced to many years in prison. As I have said previously I am unable to tell you what the charges where but I can tell you that each of Harry Potter's guardians received 25 years imprisonment from a unanimous guilty vote which will go some way to telling you the seriousness of the charges that were brought against them, in addition when the sentencing had been carried out Harry Potter's uncle exploded and started shouting to the MUGGLE courtroom that Harry was a freak and a wizard and that he had cast a spell on the court to get the guilty verdict.

For those of you who do not know how courtrooms work, in the Muggle World all courtrooms are covered with Magic dampeners which made what he suggested impossible. Normally this reporter would have been obligated to Obliviate everyone present but due to the dampeners and the way that Vernon Dursley revealed our secret, it was quite obvious that it was a desperate and slightly mad plea from the obviously guilty and probably mad man and it was plainly obvious that the courtroom did not believe him so I did not worry about the incident and merely informed the Ministry later.

After the trial finished this reported spoke to several of the residents of the same street who explained to me how terrible the Dursley's were to Mr Potter and by contrast how nice he had always been despite their 'tender' cares, according to the Dursley's neighbours that the Dursley's either worshipped the ground you walked on or treated you like you shouldn't exist. It was at this time that I also found out that the trial was the first time any of the residents of the area had actually seen Harry Potter all summer. Seeing the seriousness of what this could mean this reporter went straight to the Ministry and requested a test on the tracking charm placed upon Mr Potter's wand, to my and the Ministry Officials horror we discovered that the tracking charm had lost the signal shortly after the end of the school term, this led this reported to one conclusion.

HARRY POTTER WAS MISSING


Harry stopped reading at that point and breather a sigh or relief, he knew that he had seen a wizard at the trial.

"That's not as bad as I though it would be."

"I'm afraid Harry that that is the tip of the iceberg," explained Delphine, turning towards the paper covered table in front of them "These papers are from twenty three different countries, this story is global, people all over the world have started trying to track you down."

"The papers are digging up all the old stories about you," continued Viktor "Ranging from how people think you defeated Voldemort fifteen years ago to the theory that Herm-own-ninny was toying with both of us during the Tournament."

Harry almost growled as the later story was mentioned.

"Yes, my reaction exactly." Agreed Viktor mirroring his expression.

"Let me guess.....Skeeter is the one digging up all the old stories?"

"Actually no," grinned Viktor "There is not a single new story from her in fact quite the reverse. There is a VERY small article in the back of the Prophet that says she has been fired for fictitious reporting, and most of the stories are now being looked at in detail and you are being portrayed as a victim to her and the Ministry."

"My God, wonders will never cease." laughed Harry "So what's the problem then?"

"The fact that this story is the number one news story in the Wizarding World and you are the most wanted man on the planet."

"....Oh."

"Indeed."

"Is there any risk of anyone finding out?"

"Not really." Explained Delphine "Only those inside this house, not including Madam Maxime are aware of where you are and Employee/Staff Privacy Spells prevent them from discussing confidential information outside of the grounds."

"Though according to this some people suspect that you are here," added Fleur with a grin "The paper has done a poll and apparently 6% of the French public think either that we have eloped or that I have kidnapped you away and am holding you prisoner until you agree to marry me."

"If only they knew." Harry added with a chuckle, not noticing the eager looks on the faces of the Delacour's when marriage was mentioned "What are the other possibilities?"

"20% think you have gone into hiding to learn the Dark Arts as to beat Voldemort at his own game," continued Fleur "8% think you have joined Voldemort, 15% think you've been killed by Voldemort, another 11% think that Fudge has had you killed, 23% think you have run off with either Erminey....Ermioney, she really does have a terrible name to pronounce,"

"Only if you have a French or Bulgarian accent." Smiled Adam.

"Eermione!....or Ginevra, 6% think you have moved into Durmstrang or are wooing the girls of Beauxbatons, another 6% think you are hiding from Dumbledore, Fudge, Voldemort and anyone else who is after or trying to control you and the last 5% think you are just trying to get attention."

"Not bad." grinned Harry.

"And that's just the French papers." added Dimitri "Imagine what the British papers are saying, the Prophet has offered a two hundred galleon reward for information about your whereabouts."

"Blimey, I wonder how Dumbledore and Fudge are reacting to this?"
________________________________________________________________________

Dimension: 563 - Earth
Date: 15th August 2001 AD
Country: Britain - Scotland
Location: Hogwarts - Dumbledore's Office
Time: Morning


Sitting in his office Dumbledore was looking sadly down at the newspapers in front of him, the pictures of Harry stared back as if taunting him for not being able to find him.

Looking down at the article again his eyes wondered over the passage describing the quote from the Minister.

"We are doing everything in our power to find Mr Potter," explained the Minister "It is of the highest priority for us to find him as soon as possible, our Aurors are looking into his disappearance and are following leads as to his whereabouts." During the speech the Minister of Magic began to look increasingly nervous as he tried his hardest to make it look like he was doing something despite the fact that he and Mr Potter have been firmly against each other for over a year ever since the Minister refused to believe The-Boy-Who-Lived when he told the World that Voldemort was back.

Looking up again Dumbledore pondered over his thoughts, he knew that the reporter had been right, Tonks (despite her anger towards him) and the other members of The Order that were also members of The Ministry had told him that there had been chaos ever since the news came in that Harry was missing, government had virtually ground to a halt as the Minister threw the resources of the entire Ministry into finding Harry.

What worried him more though was that just before the story had reached the papers he had had to order Severus to tell Voldemort that Harry was missing and he was terrified by the fact that he had no idea how Tom would react.
Sign up to rate and review this story