Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Of All The Gin Joints...

Chapter 14: Em's P.O.V.

by Gangsta_Girl 0 reviews

Run away.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-02-07 - Updated: 2007-02-07 - 3891 words

0Unrated
"Everything goes wrong," I thought to myself as Pete grabbed my hand and started running as the mob of FOB fans followed behind.

"How come every time I say at least this won't happen, it does? I have got to learn how to shut my mouth," I say to my self as we pass by the Disney store.

I look behind me and see the fans closing in on us. As we go around a corner, I get an idea. "Pete!" I call.

Pete stops and turns around, his breathing haggard. "What?" He says.

"I've an idea." I say, as I grab a hold of the lapels of his gray and purple Clandestine jacket. Before he could say a word, I push him into a pocket in the wall as I mesh my lips to his.

God, he tasted good. For some reason he tasted like a PB & J sandwich. I wrap my arms around his neck as we duel tongues. I hear the fans run by, but I don't want to stop.

He smelled so good. I just can't put my finger on what it is.

I moan as he pushes me into the wall. This was starting to feel like one of my scenarios.
Pete puts his hands around my waist lifting me up just a little to get more of my mouth.

Ok, we have to stop before we end up on the floor. I push my hand on his chest moving him away from me.

I take in a long breath. "I think they're gone." I say as we catch our breath.

"Who?" Pete asks. He was looking at me as if I was taking my clothes off, right there in the middle of the mall.

I laugh, "The mob of fans that were chasing us."

Pete shakes his head as if to get back to the present. "Oh yeah. Let's get out of here before they turn up," he said, taking my hand in his.

"Pete." I say before we could move. I shrug. "I don't usually kiss people like that. I just thought that if..."

Pete smiles. "Don't worry about it. It was a great distraction for them of course," he adds. I merely nod.

Pete peeks around the corner. "All clear." He says. "Let's go."

We start running in the same direction we had come from. We didn't want to take any chances of one of the fans running into us. We run outside and immediately Pete waves down a cab.

Opening the door I get in after him. Pete tells the driver to go to the hotel. I lean back against the seat, trying to catch my breath. I look over to Pete; he didn't even look winded.

His hair was side-swiped over his eyes. How come after all that running he could still look sexy as hell? I push my hair back, which I had decided to leave down. It went past my shoulder blades, before long I was going to have to get it cut.

I lean my head against the seat. Pete glances over at me. I just smile at him and turn to look out my window. I watch the cars on the freeway. It was unimaginable how you could be driving right next to a celebrity and not even know it. I shake my head. At least I made it. Never in my life would I have thought that our band would be signed to a record label or that I would even be in the same room as the infamous Peter Wentz. If you would have told me that five years ago, I would have laughed in your face.

We pull up to the hotel and Pete hands the guy a 20. "Keep the change."

"Well what do you want to do now?" I ask as we walk up to the hotel.

"Well I was planning on going to see my parents this afternoon... you could come with me. I doubt if anyone would miss us."

I shake my head, pushing in the elevator button. "That's ok. I don't want to get in the way of your family time. I'll just stay here and wait for Denise and the guys to get back."

The elevator doors open and we both go in. I push my floor and then his.

Pete was standing across from me. "No, you should come. I was going to go with Patrick, but I think they might have gone back to his house. I promise my parents won't bite... much!"

I laugh as the elevator doors open. "Ok. If you insist." I walk out.
"I'll meet you downstairs in 15 minutes." Pete says as the doors close.

15 minutes? I can't be ready to meet Pete's parents in 15 minutes! Oh lord. I start running down the hallway. Why did my room have to be the last one on the end? I get to my door pushing my card key into the lock. I fling the door open and make a run for my clothes. I pull out the most decent shirt I had, which happened to be a purple clandestine pullover. I grab my jeans with the fewest holes in them and my under garments. I run into the bathroom swiping up the new bottle of shampoo I had bought that afternoon.

"Ok, Em. 3 minutes. Top. 'Cause you still have your hair to worry about." I tell myself as I turn on the hot water.

About 4 minutes later I fly out of the tub. Throwing on my clothes I pick up Denise's discarded blow dryer and plug it in. Flipping over my hair I turn it on, blow-drying it.

I flip my hair back and quickly run my brush through it. I pull it up into a bun leaving some hair done to the side in the front. I spray some hair spray over the top and then brush my teeth. I take a breath and look into the mirror.
"Ok, now where are my black flip flops?" I walk out, lifting up the bottom of my bedspread.

I spot them underneath the desk and hurry over to slip them on. "Now where's my wallet and phone?"

I run into the bathroom digging into my other pants for them. I stick them both in my back pocket, making a b-line for the door. I sigh as I open the door. I walk out and gaze back into the room. I feel as if I'm forgetting something. I shrug, probably my nervousness getting to me.

I walk down the hall, feeling at least a little calm and collected. I push the elevator button; it opens immediately to Pete standing in a Hurley shirt and jeans. A hoodie was thrown over his arm.

"Hey, I was just about to go down and wait for you."

"Oh. Well, I'm ready." I say as I step into the elevator.

Pete smiles. "Nice pullover."
I look down and shrug. "You can't blame a girl for liking your stuff."

Pete shakes his head, still smiling. "No, I can't. Not when it's bringing in the money."

I look over to him and smirk. "Oh yeah." I bring my hand up to my mouth, acting as if I have a microphone. "I am standing here with Pete Wentz from Fall Out Boy and I have to ask, all the girls are wanting to know, how will you use that $17.75 that it costs for a customer to buy a shirt that will be shipped and handled to her door?"

Pete looks up at the elevator's ceiling. "Buy 3 packages of Uncrustables of course."

I laugh. "You're right. You would do that, wouldn't you?" I lower my hand as the elevator doors open.

Pete shrugs. "Nah, I'll probably keep it in my pant pocket until I forget it's even there."

I laugh, pulling up the hood on my shirt as we go outside. "It looks like rain," I say looking up at the gray sky.

Pete nods. "Yeah. I hope we don't get caught in it."

"So, are we taking your car?" I say as I stick my hands in my jean pockets.

"Unless you want to walk?" He says as he opens my side of the door.
I laugh, "Right. Fat chance." Sitting down I buckle and turn to look in the back. "Hey! There's little Clandestine emblems on the head of the seats."

Pete nods as he starts the car. "Yeah. I thought it was pretty sweet."

"Umm... so what do you want to do for our record? Is Patrick going to produce or someone else?"

Pete glances over at me. "It depends on what you want on the record and if you want Patrick to produce or not..."

I nod. "I think it would be totally hot. I mean I love Panic!'s stuff and of course Gym
Class Heroes rock, but... Yeah, if Patrick wants to produce with us then I hope it totally happens."

"He would definitely produce for you guys. He would be kind of P.O.'d if he couldn't."

"Oh, that would be totally hot."

The rest of the ride was quiet and uneventful. As we pulled up to a two-story house my pocket starts to buzz. Pulling it out I flip it open. "Hello?"

No one answered; instead the dial tone came on. Shutting it, I turn it off. I didn't want it to ring while Pete was visiting with his family.

"Okay, we're here." Pete says as he shuts the car off. Opening the door I take a deep breath. It isn't time to get nervous now. I follow Pete around the side of the house. Passing through a walk way and some bushes, we end up at the back door.

Pete turns to me and smiles. After opening the door he walks in. I follow after him.

I don't know what I was expecting but it certainly wasn't the family, all sitting around in the kitchen, talking over each other.

"Hey, Pete's home." Says a younger skinnier version of Pete. He must be his brother.

Laughing, Pete went up to him, slapping him on the back. "Yeah, where's my 20 dollars I let you borrow?"

"Ill pay you back some other tim., I don't have the money right now." Pete shrugged, turning to hug his mom, and sister. At least that's what I thought they were by the looks of them.

I stood in the doorway of the kitchen as Pete joked around with his family.

"Pete, you aren't going to introduce us to your lady friend?" Said his brother while he was walking up to me.

"Oh, I'm not his lady friend. Umm... yeah, my name's Emily. I belong to a new band. First
Mistake. He's just got us signed."

"Oh. Well, if you're not his lady friend... You could be mine." His brother said, as he looked me up and down.

"No. I... uh... It's just that..." I broke off; I didn't know what to do in this kind of situation. Yeah, Sam hit on me all the time but we consider ourselves family and a lot of the time we're just joking. I had never really had a relationship before. Of course I went out with guys but it never lasted long. I just never got the hang of people I didn't know flirting with me. I look to Pete for help.

"Andrew, come on man. Leave her alone."

Andrew shrugged, smiling at me.

"Hey Emily, this is my mom and my sister." I wave. "Hi."

"...and this is Emily. We just signed her to Decaydance records. Their band's hot."

His mom looks to me. "What do you play?"

"Oh. I'm the lead singer, but I can do some stuff on the guitar though."

His mom nodded and turned back to the stove where she had been cooking. "Pete, you and your friend go clean up. Dinner will be ready in an hour."

"Alright, I'm going to show her around." After kissing his mom's cheek he grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the kitchen. "I'll show you my room first. I have to go change my shirt anyways."

"Why?" I question as I follow him upstairs.

"Because while I was messing with my bro my sister got sauce on me."

"Oh, I didn't notice."

I follow him down a hall. At the very end he opens the door. Heading in he switches on the light. "Uh, you can have a seat on the bed. I'll be out in a second." Pete walks out of the other room, closing the door behind him.

Sitting down, I look around. The room was packed full with stuff. He had two twin beds, and a little table separating them. Across from the beds was a bookshelf loaded with boxes and books and, of course, Transformers. Getting up I cross the room to take a better look.

Denise used to tell me that when they went on tour they always requested Transformers; I think I had one when I was a kid, but my brother broke it.
Picking up a gray one I flip the little car's lid, it then producing a head. I chuckle. It's funny that a 30-year-old guy could still be into these things. As I set it back down on the shelf I hear the door open.

"Oh. I was just looking at...." I break off as my gaze settles on Pete pulling a shirt over his hard lean body.

"At what?" He asked as he closed the door behind him.

"Uh... at...uh... your Transformers." I finally say, remembering.

Pete smiles, crossing the room. "Yeah, I've had those forever. They've been there since I was 12."

"Oh, well... umm." I back up trying to get some space between us. He smelled too good for me to trust myself near him. He smelled like coconut mixed in with fresh air laundry detergent.

My thoughts were running away with me. I bumped into his bed. I sat down bracing my right hand behind me. Trying to act casual, I give him a 'sincere' look as if nothing had just happened. "I watched MTV and your room looks the same as it did five years ago when they interviewed you."

Pete shrugged. "I don't want to change anything because this is the one thing that stays the same in my life."

"That must be nice."

"Yeah, it is. So..." I inhale as Pete sits down beside me. " What do you want to do?"

"Uh, whatever you want to. I mean, it is your house. It isn't like I can tell you: No, I don't want to do that."

"Oh really?" Pete says, smiling.

"Yeah. I'm up for anything." I say looking up into his brown eyes. I watch as Pete side glances to the bedside table.

"Well, we do have an hour..." Pete gets up and moves around in between the two beds. I watch as he picks up the little table. He moves it across the room. What was he doing? He couldn't be... I groan as he comes back and pushes the other bed right next to the one I was on. Pete hops on the bed. Bracing his hands behind his head, he leaned against the head bars.

I stand up immediately as Pete smiles at me. "Uh, don't you want to go talk to your family or something?"

I was panicking I didn't know what to do.
"They're fine. They won't expect to see us until dinner anyways."

I pull my eyebrows together in puzzlement. "Why would they not expect us 'til dinner? Didn't you say you were showing me the house?"

Pete nodded, smiling. "They don't really think I'm showing you the house."

I put my hands in my front pocket. I was really confused now. "But you said that you were..." Pete interrupted me, sitting up.

"Emily they think we're having sex."

My mouth falls open. What do you say to a comment like that? I willed myself to do something. Come on, at least close your mouth for god's sake.

Finally all my willing produces one word: "Shit."

Pulling my cell phone out of my pocket, I hurriedly cross the room. Pulling open the door I hear Pete call my name.
I was not turning back to confront him

"You're always getting yourself into some situation," I silently scolded myself as I ran down the steps, bracing my hands on the wall. Dammit. An idiot would have had an idea when he pushed the beds together!

I take a right and walk straight into the kitchen. I must have interrupted a conversation because Pete's Mom and brother look up at me in surprise. God, they really thought I was up there having... no I wasn't going to even think about it.

"Uh... it was nice meeting you two." I say as I hear Pete's footsteps behind me. Without another word, I pull open the back door and run out.

I follow the path back up to the driveway. I stop at the car and look up and down the street. Where could I go? I had no way of getting back to the hotel. I hear Pete call my name from behind me. Oh well. Guess I'll have to run.

I start running up the street going back in the direction of Chicago. I can't believe this is happening to me. I could hear Pete's footsteps behind me; they were a little too close for comfort.What in the hell? I take a right cutting through a park that looked like it had just been built.

I look behind me and see him not even a mere five feet away from me. Doesn't he give up? He had been chasing me for what was 5 minutes now. I turn around and cut through some trees. Zigzagging through bracnches left and right I end up at a creek. I stop and turn to see if he was in pursuit. Bending down I brace myself as I tried to take in long even breaths. I didn't see Pete anywhere; maybe he gave up. Taking one last breath I straighten back up, putting my hands on my hips.

"Damn it." I mutter to myself as I realize my situation. How in the hell were we going to do the record label signing now? "Double Damn it." I turn around cussing myself out under my breath.

I look to the ground and notice my cell phone a foot away from me. Walking over, I bend down to pick it up. I must have dropped it when I had stopped. Wiping off the debris from the front I turn around, bumping into a figure behind me. Startled, I scream.
"Emily. It's Pete, damn it."
I look up into Pete's eyes. Shit. I thought I had lost him.
"What the hell were you running for?"

I yank out of his arms as I notice his hands on mine. "Because Pete! You brought me to your parents house to have sex. Sex! I don't even know you Pete and even if I did I wouldn't even have done anything with you." I back up, wanting to get as far as possible from him, before I did something totally worth doing, like smacking that pretty face of his.

"Emily, I wasn't going to do anything with you, seriously." Pete says, holding out his hands as he takes a step towards me. I wave him off as I take another step back.

"Oh, is that why you pushed your beds together? To not do anything?"

Pete shook his head; taking a step further in my direction. I take another step back.

"No, I wanted to lay down and I thought it would be polite if I pushed the two beds together. That way we could talk because, let's face it. we both wouldn't have fit on that one little bed."

"How can I believe you? Even your family thought we were up there having... doing..." I couldn't bring myself to say the word.

"I would not have tried to even get you to have sex if you didn't want to."

I rolled my eyes. "Pete, I want to go back to the hotel."

Pete's eyes widened. He took a step forward, his mouth opening as if to say something.

I held out my hand, shaking my head. "Don't even say anything Pete 'cause I don't want to listen to a single word at the moment." As soon as the words left my mouth, Pete stopped his jaw tightening in anger.
He shoved his hands in his pants pockets. "Fine." Without another word he turned and left, following the trail back to the park.

I let out a breath and follow behind. A few minutes later we start up his parents driveway. Without even turning around he says, "The car's open. You can wait for me there while I go tell my parents I'm leaving." Then he went around the bushes to the back door.

I bite my lip. I didn't know what to say. I opened the passenger side door and get in. As I buckle, Pete comes around from the back of the house with his hoodie on and his keys in his hands.He got in, slamming the door as he put the keys into the ignition.

I just looked out the window, hoping he wouldn't try to say anything to me. He didn't. Not even during the whole ride to the hotel. He sat there in the driver's seat gripping the steering wheel all the way to the parking lot.

As he pulled into a parking space, I turn to him to tell him I was sorry for everything. I didn't even get a chance to open my mouth before he pulled the keys out of the ignition and got out of the car, not even sparing a second glance in my direction.

I watched through the windshield as he walked into the hotel doors. You could tell from how he held himself that he was pissed. I let out a breath unbuckling myself.

If this was how it was going to be, than so be it. I didn't even do anything wrong. So why was I sitting there willing myself not to go straight up to his room and apologize? What the hell did I have to say sorry for? If anyone was going to give an apology it was going to be him.

I finally got out of the car. Locking the door before I closed it I went into the hotel. Without even remembering how I got there, I stood outside my room; the card key in hand.

I sighed as I opened the door. I noticed Denise wasn't there as I walked into the room. I closed the door behind me; throwing my things onto the table beside the door. I made my way to my bed, not even bothering to turn on the lights.
All I wanted to do was fall into deep sleep. I fell onto my pillow, groaning as I pressed my face into the covers.
"Fuck!" I said as I looked to the clock beside the bed. 8:13

Where was Dee? Shrugging to myself I turned over and wrapped my arms around my pillow. I hope sleep comes soon...
Sign up to rate and review this story