Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Of All The Gin Joints...

Chapter 15: Dee's P.O.V.

by Gangsta_Girl 0 reviews

The next day at Patrick's house...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-09-06 - Updated: 2006-09-06 - 673 words

0Unrated
I wake up to the cold chill of the air conditioner and the faint sound emanating from my back jean pocket. I must have accidentally turned the mp3 player on. I blink my eyes open and lift my head up. I freeze for just a moment realizing where I was. Sometime when I was asleep I moved and curled up next to Patrick. There was almost no space between us. I felt so awkward. I ran my hand through my hair and slowly moved off of the bed.

I reached into my pocket and pulled out my silver-blue mp3. Let Me Love You by Mario was playing. I swear this mp3 is possessed or just really in tune to my thoughts. It's a little creepy. I turn it off and stuff it back in my pocket. I make my way through the door and go down the steps. I turn into the kitchen and take a look at the time on the microwave. 7:00 p.m. I can't believe I slept that long. I hope no one was worried. I pick up a phone from the tiled counter and call Emily's cell. It goes straight to her voice-mail. I hang up, not feeling like leaving a message then try Chad's cell phone, but it's busy. Still on the phone with his girlfriend I suppose. No point in calling him back later. He won't pick up. I decide to go back up to Patrick's room.

I wonder why she has her cell phone off. She never does that. She better have a good reason. And I have a feeling that her reason will be Pete.

I open Patrick's door and see him sitting at the edge of the bed. He squints at me for a second then places his glasses on his face.

"So, what time is it?"

"7 o' clock."

"Damn. I didn't mean to doze off for that long."

"Yeah, me neither." I say approaching him.

Patrick pats the empty space next to him and I sit down obediently.

"I called Emily and Chad. But I can't get a hold of them." I say as I plop down onto the rumpled comforter.

"I'm sure they are fine. Joe, Andy, and Pete are taking care of them. Pete gave me a text message saying that we would all meet up later anyway."

"Oh. Okay."

"Well, we still have some time before we are all supposed to meet back up at the hotel. So..."

"I dunno." I shrug.

"You know, I got some extra instruments down in the garage. If you wanted, we could play together."

"Really? That'd be so great."

We walked into the garage, which was fairly empty.

"So, we are going back to the hotel, how?" I ask noticing the lack of a vehicle in the garage.

"One of the guys is going to pick us up." He says picking up a blue bass guitar and handing it to me.

"Try that on for size."

He grabs a beautiful silver guitar and throws the strap over his arm and neck. I check the tuning on mine and adjust the straps before slinging it around me.

"Ready." I smile at him.

"Go ahead. I'll follow your lead."

"Hmmm...what should I play?" I ask aloud to myself.

I strum the guitar a few times and decide on the chorus of Panic! At The Disco's I Write Sins Not Tragedies.

...I chimed in with a 'haven't you people ever heard of closing the goddamn door.' No. It's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of poise and rationality...

We finish and a smirk reveals itself on my lips.

"What?"

"Nothing..."

I walk over to him. My mouth only inches away from his ear.

"You always fold just before you found out. Drink up. It's last call, last resort, but only our first mistake..."

"Ah, and the so-called-mystery of your band name reveals itself."

"Like it wasn't obvious before?" I say putting down the guitar as I head towards the living room.
Sign up to rate and review this story