Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > All That I've Got

A Little Ringing Never Hurt Anybody

by ForNeverYours 3 reviews

Patrick finally does soemthing that's been on his mind.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-02-08 - Updated: 2007-02-08 - 675 words

3Exciting
After about twenty minutes of running we slowed to walking and talking.
"Where are we going?" I panted trying to catch my breath from running so much.
"I thought you needed some air." She said happily as she stared up at the stars.
"Sabrina, it's nine a night, can we go home now." I said stopping short.
"Oh, fine." She smiled turning back around and trudging off toward home.
I sighed and shook my head as I trailed after her. She was an idiot, but she was my idiot. I laughed as she skipped down the deserted street and sang songs as she skipped.
"Why did you drag me out here?" I questioned to her back.
"I just thought we could walk and talk and hang out."
"At nine o'clock." I assumed catching up to her and glancing at her face. "Don't lie, I know when you do."
She sighed and bit her lip.
"I'm not allowed to say until we get back to the house." She turned to me and smiled. "And I'd never lie to you unless I had to and this is one of those times."
I nodded and sprinted off toward home. I couldn't think as I ran. I just knew to.
On the walk home from the almost ten minute run I thought back to my history with everybody I ever knew, from the mailman to Sabrina. I met Sabrina back when I was in seventh grade; we both had the same friend and liked the same books and music so we just started hanging out. Even though she would punch me and call me names I knew she was really my friend and even when teachers would ask me why I had bruises I would just lie and say I fell down. We used to be inseparable and even when we got separated in eighth grade we still hung out on the weekends and would walk to each others classes and wait for each other to get out. The whole thing with her mom was my fault that I never really accepted. I had written something about her and her boyfriend at the time doing less that kosher things and her mom found it. Needless to say, I wasn't invited back to their house. That didn't stop us. After years we're still friends and that wasn't changing anytime soon.
When I got home there was a giant box sitting on the front lawn. It was wrapped in shiny red paper and had a big bow on the top. I stopped on the sidewalk in front of it and cocked my head. Joe and Pete were sitting on the porch and smirking at me.
"Aren't you going to open your present?" Pete shouted and laughed.
I walked slowly up to the box and gently touched the lid. I bit my lip, it was now or never. I ripped up the top and jumped back quickly.
Patrick popped out with balloons in one hand and a small velvet box in the other. I went numb and he opened it and smiled at me.
"Alex?" He asked, for some reason I lost it and started crying. "Will you marry me?"
I wiped tears from my eyes and nodded quickly hugging him tightly and letting more tears fall onto his shoulder as we hugged. As I pulled back he gently took my hand and slid the gold ring with a normal sized diamond with two little rubies on the sides. It gleamed in the light as I hugged him again and ripped the box so I could be as close to him as possible.
"I love you." He whispered as he swung me around in a circle and kissed my lovingly.
"I love you more." I said kissing him back and laughing as we got the attention of Ma, Pete, Joe, Sabrina, and Andy. Ma was snapping pictures alongside Pete while Joe and Sabrina held hands and watched and Andy wiped tears of joy from his eyes.
It was official; I was engaged.
Sign up to rate and review this story