Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > All That I've Got

Something's Not Quite Right

by ForNeverYours 4 reviews

The guys come back, but somethings not right.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-02-06 - Updated: 2007-02-07 - 1504 words

0Unrated
Today was the day. I jumped out of bed and quickly dressed, glancing in the mirror before I walked into the hallway and down the steps in the living room to wait with Sabrina. We both sat on the couch staring at the door for what seemed like hours.
Just as the wait became unbearable we heard a car pull into the driveway and few car doors slammed. I itched in my seat and fidgeted while I waited for someone, anyone to open the front door.
"Screw it." I said jumping up and rushing over to the door and peeking through the curtain.
There they were, all of them getting out their suitcases and stretching their sore legs for the drive. Joe looked exhausted, Pete just looked like Pete, Andy looked like he slept the whole trip, and Patrick was looking at the house like he was finally home.
I squealed and whipped open the door ran down the steps and into Patrick awaiting arms. I kissed is cheek and hugged him tightly.
"Calm down Alex, we've only been gone two months." Pete scoffed rolling his eyes and walking into the house.
"I missed you." I whispered not letting go for a long time.
"I did too." He whispered back, as he slowly pried my arms off of him. "I love you."
"I love you too." I smiled up at him; I think he was getting taller.
With that he grabbed my hand and led me into the house. When we got into the house everyone was sitting around the living room talking about what happened while we were apart.
"And then Dirty took a giant bite of this rotten sausage!" Pete said smirking and sliding off his hoodie.
I grimaced thinking about what happened before Dirty did before he ate rotten sausage. I sat down on Patrick lap and leaned back slowly. He wrapped his arms around my waist and breathed gently in my ear. My mom walked down carrying Chloe who was rubbing her eyes and yawning. When he eyes settled on Patrick she squealed and struggled as my mom put her on the ground.
"Daddy!" She smiled running over and reaching up for my arms which I gladly hoisted up and set in my lad.
"Oh, isn't that a cute Stump sandwich?" Ma cooed shaking her head and sitting down beside Pete.
"Hey, Bethy." Pete smirked making more room for her. "Did ya miss me?"
"How could anybody not miss you?" She smiled before turning back to the rest of us. "So tell us what happened while you guys were on tour?"
"Well as I was saying before, I bet Dirty he wouldn't eat a rotten sausage and he bet he could." Pete and Joe laughed.
"Did he?" My Ma laughed shaking her head.
"Oh, he did and then he puked all over Andy!" He playfully punched Andy's arm.
I sighed and glanced at Sabrina who was all smiles and holding Joe's hand as he talked. I sighed and then looked down at Chloe who was looking at Pete and smiling, then glanced back at Patrick who gave me a quick kiss and then focused on the conversation.
It's funny how everybody felt connected like a family and here I was feeling left out and in a world of my own. My mom was getting along too perfectly with the guys and Sabrina had everything she wanted in Joe. Of course I had Patrick and Chloe, and Andy had his.....cat, but I still felt like something was missing.
I bit my lip and watched them talk and laugh and enjoy memories that I would never be able to experience. I felt like a little kid that didn't have a choice but to sit there and watch people talk about things that weren't even relevant to me.
Patrick must have noticed something was wrong because he pulled me closer to him and whispered in my ear.
"Are you ok?"
I gulped down the growing lump in my throat and nodded.
"Yeah, I'm fine." I smiled before kissing him and getting up while putting Chloe in his lap.
I went into the kitchen and got a glass of water. As I slowly swallowed the luke-warm water I heard someone walk in behind me and clear their throat.
"What's wrong?" Patrick said walking up and hugging me. "Aren't you happy to see us?"
"Oh, Trick I'm always happy to see you guys." I looked down. "I just want you be alone with you for a while, just the two of us."
"I know, I do too." He smirked and kissed my collar bone. "And you're all mine tonight."
I grinned and giggled as he spun me around kissing me as we spun. I hugged him tightly and slowly let go, staring into his eyes as we separated.
"What?" He smiled as his hands dropped to my waist.
"You're eyes are a different color." I cocked my head and reached up to bring his face closer to mine. "They used to be blue, now they're hazel."
He looked at me for a long time before leaning in and kissing me hard. When we finally stopped I looked down and blushed.
"Remember the first time we kissed?"
"How can I forget?" He grabbed my hand and led me out the door onto the porch. "The rooftop illuminated by a cheap light on the first day we met."
I sighed and looked down and our hands, they still fit perfectly but this time something was missing. It looked right but it felt so wrong now. I shook that thought away when he started talking again.
"How's your writing going?" He said coughing.
"Fine, nothing really great happening right this very minute."
"Oh." He smiled looking down at his bright orange shoes.
"Yeah." I said awkwardly stepping to the side and walking back into the house.
Sitting down between Ma and Pete I sighed and buried my head in my hands.
"Stupid, stupid, stupid." I mumbled into my hands as I felt the white hot stare of everybody's eyes on my head.
"What?" Pete laughed moving over to give me room.
"Things between me and Patrick are.....different." I said my hands still covering my face.
"How so?" He cocked his head and laughed.
"He's acting like he want to say something to me and he won't say it."
"Come out and say it Alex." Sabrina said sighing. "You want him to propose."
My head shot up and my eyes were wide.
"Wahh?" I squinted my eyes at her and gave her the 'look'. She smiled evilly at me and waved it off.
"Come on Alex." Andy sighed rolling his eyes. "We can all tell you want a ring on your finger."
I glanced down at my bare finger; it did look lonely without a thin piece of gold sitting on it. I sighed and looked the awaiting eyes of the guys.
"I do want to get married, but I don't want Patrick to propose until he's ready."
"Alex, don't give up on him." He bit his lip and shrugged. "Maybe he's just as scared as you are."
I nodded and got up. I walked up the steps to me room and flopped down on the bed. I reached for my pillow and screamed into it until my throat was raw and sore.
I coughed and put the pillow behind my head as I rolled over. I stared at the ceiling and sighed as I thought. What if he did want to propose? Would he mean it? Would he really want to get married? Would he be unfaithful when and if we did get married?
I let out a long breath and blew a stray hair that hung in my face. This sucked; I didn't even want to be with the man I loved after he came home from tour.
After about an hour I dragged myself out of bed and down the steps to the kitchen where the party had moved for dinner. I slid into the seat beside Patrick and grabbed his hand under the table. He smiled at me and glanced around the table.
I did too; just to be sure everyone was there. My mom smiled at me and nodded at Patrick with an exited smirk. I bit my lip and glanced at Patrick before looking at the others who were all giving me a warm smile and nodding.
"What is wrong with you people?" I said angrily making everyone's smile fade and causing them to stir awkwardly.
"Nothing, Alex." Patrick mumbled eating some of his food and glancing at the others quickly.
They started eating quickly and almost instantly Sabrina jumped up and pulled me outside.
"Sabrina what's going on?" I asked as she pulled me down the street and running nonstop.
"You'll see." She said with an evil smirk as we ran.
"How do I know this is not gonna be good?" I sighed as we ran down the long street.
Sign up to rate and review this story