Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > All That I've Got

Something Spontaneous

by ForNeverYours 3 reviews

Alex and Sabrina try to get their minds off of the guys.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-02-03 - Updated: 2007-02-03 - 2046 words

0Unrated
After about a month of just sitting around and doing nothing but working and watching a miniature Patrick and me combined grow up and get friends at daycare I knew I had to do something.
So I started writing a series of stories revolving around female characters dealing with different situations.
After about the fifteenth chapter I went to a writing agent and asked if they would read through it. By the third chapter they happily agreed and had me signed.
It was official, I was a writer. After years of dreaming about having an actually job other than waiting tables I finally had one.
One day while sitting at the desk in my room, while Chloe was taking a nap and Sabrina was out shopping with my mom, I felt the sudden urge to start a website answering questions people asked.
But the though was wiped from my mind as I found the inspiration to write more and buried me nose in the keyboard. I sipped cup of coffee that stood black and steaming by the laptop.
I sighed and glanced over at a picture of me and Patrick around Christmas time over two years ago, my hair was still bright red and we both still looked so young. Patrick had a Santa hat on to replace his regular hat and he was kissing my cheek gently.
I smiled at the picture and put it back down on the desk. I missed him, I missed all of them.
Just then Chloe padded in rubbing her eyes and clutching her stuffed dog.
"Mommy, I miss Daddy." She sniffed walking up to me and holding up her arms.
"Oh honey, I know you do." I cooed scooping her up and setting her in my lap. "He'll be home soon, I promise."
"When is he coming home?" She glanced up at me and cocked her head.
"Soon." I reassured her kissing her forehead and sighing. "So, what do want to do?"
"I don't know." She sighed and looked down at her dilapidated dog, one of it's eye completely off from her teething stage. "Park?"
"Sure we can go to the park." I said letting her slide out of my lap and walking over to me dresser and pulling out a t-shirt and a pair of jeans.
I quickly pulled them on and turned back to her.
"First, you need a bath." I said picking her up and carting her to the bathroom where I gave her a bath.
She laughed as I poured a cup of water over her head.
"You think that's funny?" I laughed pouring more on her head, making her laugh more.
"Yeah." She squealed clapping her hand laughing.
I laughed and picked her out of the bathtub and dried her off with a towel. Then I carried her back to her bedroom and set her down on her bed.
"Hmm, what should you wear today?" I hummed pulling out a skully jumper and a pair of black and white leggings.
I quickly dressed her and pulled her hair back into pigtails. She smiled at me and picked out a pair of bright red shoes. It's never a wonder who her father is.
I smirked and put then on and got her coat. She glanced around as I pulled on my coat and left a note on the kitchen table.
As we walked down the street she held my hand and watched other people going about their almost spring yard work. They waved every once in a while but most of the time they picked up their things and went inside until we past.
"Mommy, are people scared of us?" She looked up with questioning eyes.
"No, they're just jealous." I smiled and kept walking.
When we got to the playground, only a few kids were there. I nodded at Chloe and she squealed and ran off. I sighed and sat down on the bench and watched her play.
After about an hour I sighed and got up stiffly, then called her over. She slowly took my hand and we left. On the walk home I picked her up and carried her, she drifted to sleep in my arms as I walked.
I smiled and continued walking. When I got home I put her to bed and sat down in front of the TV next to Sabrina who was playing with the ruby and diamond necklace that Joe told me to give her once they left. She looked like she hadn't slept in days.
"I miss them." I sighed flicking on the TV and flipping through the channels.
"Me too." She said nodding and staring off into space. "What do you think they're doing right now?"
"Probably doing the same thing we're doing, sitting and thinking about us."
"Do you think they miss us?" She said turning to me and staring at the side of my face.
"Of course." I smiled and dropped the remote to my side. "When do you think they'll get back?"
"Joe told me they only had another two months left of touring so they should be home in a month."
"Ok." I sighed lying down on my side and staring up at the ceiling.
My mom walked down the steps and shook her head at us.
"You two are pathetic." She said putting her hands on her hips and taping her foot.
"Why do you say that?" I asked pulling a pillow over my head.
"You are both only twenty-one and you're acting like fifty-year-old spinsters."
"Ma, do you realize we both have boyfriends in a band and I have a three year old daughter upstairs right this very moment?"
"I know you do but go out and have fun, go to a party." She rolled her eyes. "Go, out on a shopping spree, do something spontaneous."
"Argg!" I groaned getting up and walking over to the telephone and dialing a number. "Hello, Spanky's Pizza, I'd like to place an order for kiss my ass."
With that I slammed down the phone and waked back over to the couch. "Spontaneous enough?"
Sabrina starting laughing while Ma redialed the number apologized and ordered a pizza. She sat down on the couch nod took my hand.
"Alex, don't do what I did and get tied down to somebody because of some promise." She whispered kissing my forehead and hugging me.
I smiled at her and nodded. I got up grabbed my coat and pulled Sabrina out the door to the car.
"What are we doing?" She said as I stared the car and slid on one of my shoes at the same time.
"Something spontaneous." I smirked and sped down the road.
After about an hour of breaking the speed limit I got on the interstate and drove for another hour.
"Beans, check in the ash trash." I said passing a car and merging into traffic. "There should be about four hundred dollars in there.
"Why do you have four hundred dollars in you ash tray?" She asked pulling out the roll of money.
"For things like this." I said pulling off at an exit and driving to the closet store. "We're going shopping."
"But I already went shopping today."
"Well, we're going again." I said sliding out of the seat and walking up to the vintage store entrance.
I walked in like I owned the place and immediately pick a few shirts off the rack. Sabrina followed pulling at some of the shirts and putting them back down.
"Don't be so picky." I whispered picking up a paint splattered hoodie, thinking of Patrick as I put in under my arm and walking down the isle.
After half an hour she finally got into the swing of vintage shopping and we both ended up fighting over the same shirts. I won when I pushed her into a rack of mesh tops.
I tried on my clothes and stepped out of the changing booth. Sabrina nodded and put on her outfit, she looked better than I did because she could layer things better than me.
We paid for our clothes and left before they made us leave. As we sat on the hood of my car eating McDonalds and staring out over the suburb houses I sighed and pulled my knees up to my chest.
"I really miss them." I sighed putting my head on my kneecaps and groaning.
"I know, even though this did help get my mind off them." She sighed picking another French fry in her mouth and gazing at the cars that passed.
"Yeah." I said jumping off the hood and rooting through the glove compartment. I found my old pack of cigarettes and slid one out gently. I hadn't smoked since I was 17.
Shrugging I pulled a lighter out of my purse and flicked it on easily. I pulled a long drag of it and handed it to Sabrina who took it and pulled a drag then handed it to me.
"We're doing the same thing we did over three years ago."
"All we need is the lake." I said then my eyes widened and jumped off the hood. "Come on, I've got another idea."
"Where are we going now?" She said throwing our trash on the ground and climbing ion the passenger side.
"Didn't you get a bathing suit today?" I smirked throwing the car in drive and speeding down the road.
"Yeah, here." She said getting it out of one of her bags and handing it to me.
"Good, we're going to the lake, when we get there change."
"Alex, you do realize it's only....March?" She scoffed.
"Yeah, but remember when we were kids and we went on the pond in December for Christmas?" I laughed.
"Yeah, the pond was almost frozen over so we broke it and dipped out feet in it."
"Ok, so let go swimming." I said looking at her and smiling.
"Fine." She sighed getting out my bathing suit and throwing it at me. "But I'm not doing a handstand unless you flash the fish."
I laughed and before I knew it we were there and we were pulled up in front of the lake and staring at the smooth glassy surface.
"So, are we gonna do it?" I turned to her.
She smirked and nodded and kicked the door open grabbing her bathing suit and pulling it on behind the car while I changed in the front seat. Once we were changed we stood on the dock.
"Ready, on three." I said closing my eye tightly and counting down. "One, two,-." Before I could finish Sabrina pushed me into the lake and fell on the dock laughing.
I came up sputtering and swam to the edge of the dock.
"That wasn't funny." I smirked, thinking back to the last time I got pushed into a body of any kind of water. She snorted and covered her mouth.
"I'm sorry, but that was too perfect!" She said rolling on her side and laughing harder.
"Perfect, huh?" I smirked grabbing her arms and pulling her into the water with me.
She went down fast and came up faster, her long blonde hair clinging to her face as she shook her head and smirked at me.
"Oh, you wanna go?" She said slashing water at my face.
"Yeah I wanna go." I ask flinging water at her and laughing.
We were acting like ten-year-olds again, swimming and laughing and just having a good time. Before we knew it, it was sundown and we had to go.
On the ride home we both sat in just our bathing suits and drove in silence.
"That was fun." She smiled leaning back against the seat and yawning. "Almost too fun."
"Yeah." I sighed staring put the windshield. "What do you think they're doing right now?"
"Maybe they're going home from a day of spontaneity and swimming." She smirked as she rolled down the window and letting the cool air fill the car. "Or maybe they're jus thinking of us."
"Just one more month." I smiled and gripped the steering wheel.
"Just one more month." She nodded as we sped off toward home awaiting the day when they'd be back and the hugging and kissing would commence.
Sign up to rate and review this story