Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Perfect Things

Chapter 11 The Price of Love

by previously_recorded 0 reviews

Draco likes Harry but can't get him. Blaise likes Draco and can get him, but want to be more than a fling. So he thinks up a plan to become the blondes equal by doing something he never could. Sedu...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Humor - Characters: Blaise Zabini, Draco, Harry - Warnings: [!] [X] - Published: 2005-09-02 - Updated: 2005-09-03 - 4345 words

0Unrated
Perfect Things

Chapter 11 The Price of Love

~Blaise~

Blaise sucked in that sweet aroma that seemed to fill the air nowadays. He wasn't sure, but he had a sneaky feeling that it was what victory smelled like. Everything was almost too perfect to be real. Seriously everything was going so well that it was almost scary, but he had to just chalk it up to his incredible luck. Really he was pretty sure that if you were to cut his arm right now he would bleed gold blood his fortune was so good.

But really who knew that the trick to overcoming the blond Slytherin he had been fantasizing about since grade school would be to get him to fall in love? He for one sure as hell hadn't, but he was damn glad that he had tried that little plan out. There were about a million things that could have gone wrong, and yet not one had. If he was smart he would have been expecting his luck to come crashing down in the near future, but you know he was one of those glass half full kind of people.

It had now been about a week since his and Draco's little transaction, and things were going smashing...and not in that Draco smashing his head into the wall kind of way that it usually was. No, strangely enough the blond was acting perfectly normal towards him. In fact he was acting as if any normal boyfriend would...well almost completely normal. He had as of yet been able to sleep with him...Draco had had something to do every night this week. Truthfully though Blaise thought he was just delaying the inevitable, but that he could deal with it. If Draco didn't want to sleep with him for a few weeks that was just fine, just as long as when he did finally open up they could do it whenever his whims requested such an act...which would probably be quite often.

The brunette very quietly pushed open the door that led to the Slytherin in question's bedroom. He had asked Draco to leave it open the night before, and he really was ecstatic when his request was granted. Okay so sure he wasn't stupid, he knew that Draco was obviously pretending with all of this insincere happiness, but if it got him what he wanted why the hell should he care?

Walking into the room, he slowly lowered himself onto the blond's expensive bed, smiling as he watched him sleep. When he was just lying there, eyes fluttering softly in their sleep, he looked so much like an angel. Looking down at such a beautiful form you could never tell that he had the potential to be one of the most evil people alive. No, just lying there he almost looked...cute. Blaise had to hide a snicker when he thought about how dead he would be if Draco actually heard himself referred to as cute.

Shaking his shoulder slightly to rouse him from sleep, leaning down at the same time to whisper into his ear. "Wakey wakey Draco...It's about time you let loose you wonderful personality on the world."

This of course was obviously not what the blond wanted to hear, because as soon as he did a loud groan escaped him and he grabbed at his many pillows, effectively burying himself under all of the linen. "...Go away Blaise...it's way too early to have to deal with your shit."

Smiling yet again, Blaise annoyingly prodded at his little pet. "But Draco" He whined. "You have to get up and keep me company." He was rewarded with yet another groan.

"I'll keep you company later...I need more sleep." He piled even more blankets on top of himself. "You can bug me when I'm more awake." Seriously how the hell could he sleep under so many blankets, wasn't he hot?

As he ran a hand through the blond's sweat slick hair he realized that that was indeed the case. His hand moved down to lightly pet at his cheek, if he had been paying all that much attention he would have realized how he visibly stiffened at such a touch, but he really wasn't in that mindset at the time. "But baby it's my birthday today...you gotta get up to spoil me." And of what a fun birthday this was going to be. He had already planned a huge party for it and everything, and hell he was 17 now...he was of age. Did it get any better than that? Well yes it did, and he still had it...that it was of course Draco.

The before mentioned Slytherin slowly sat up upon hearing those words, wiping the sleep out of his tired gray eyes as he did so. "Oh yeah...I had forgot about that part." Boy did that statement make him feel loved.

"Gee thanks...didn't know you cared." Draco reached his hands towards the ceiling, effectively cracking a couple of bones as he stretched. When he was done Blaise handed him the steaming Styrofoam cup he had brought with him. "I brought you some tea...thought it'd help you wake up."

Draco gratefully took the cup, but as he put it up to his lips he paused before drinking. "Did you do something to it?" Now really, he was almost offended by that. What the hell was he going to do...poison him?

"Like what?...Tell me one possible thing that could be wrong with that drink." Draco's eye twitched, and he quickly looked away.

"I don't know, it's probably nothing..." He turned back towards him, giving him a death glare that could send the bravest running. "But you see I have this nasty habit of sometimes getting potions unknowingly slipped into my drink." There was such bite in that voice that Blaise was pretty sure that if Draco wanted to he could breathe fire.

He had to hand it to him though, he had him there. So he hadn't been entirely honest before when he said things were going perfect. Draco did do everything that he said, but he still made snide comments while doing so. In fact any chance that the blond got to either insult him or glare at him he took. "Touché, but I promise that the only thing in that drink is tea leaves."

He still didn't look convinced, but Draco slowly raised the cup to his lips and drank. Well the first step to a good relationship was gaining trust right?...This counted as trust so they were one step closer to being a normal couple. Though now that he thought about it he didn't think him and Draco could ever be considered as a normal couple.

After he had drank most of his steaming beverage, Draco stretched and rolled himself out of bed. Blaise stared after him, doing well to admire all of the bare skin that was showing from the blond's choice of just flannel pajama pants. "Going somewhere?"

Obviously annoyed gray eyes turned back to him. "Yeah...I was planning on showering. I didn't know I needed your permission." He was really starting to rethink the whole waking Draco up so early thing. He was probably going to be cranky all day now because of it. Oh well, he did want this right?

Sauntering over, Blaise gently wrapped his arms around the blond's waist. "My permission...no, but I was wondering if you would like some company." He always did have a thing for shower sex. But when he actually saw Draco roll his eyes at him that prospect of steamy wet hot sex was looking further and further away.

Draco pushed the semi-demanding arms away from him. "I don't think so Blaise...after all that would ruin tonight when I give you your birthday present." Well now, that always was an intriguing sentence.

Grabbing the back of Draco's head, Blaise tilted his face to look directly at him. "Present huh?" One of his thumbs gently traced circles on the blond's soft cheek. "Will I like it?"

Leaning forward, Draco cautiously touched their lips together, but quickly pulled back. If Blaise had been paying all that much attention he would have noticed the malicious gleam in those gray eyes, but the kiss had done its job in distracting him. "Oh believe me Blaise, it's to die for." He wasn't really sure what that meant, but at least that meant that tonight would be nothing if not interesting. This was going to be the best birthday ever!
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,


"So tell me Malfoy do you just sell yourself to the highest bidder?" Well really this was quite an interesting turn of events, and here he thought it was just going to be an normal lunch. He had gone upstairs to the Great Hall to eat, and once there had been assaulted...okay well not assaulted, talked to, by Hermione Granger and a very reluctant looking Harry Potter.

Once there she had then preceded to chastise him about all of his wrong doings. Truthfully he could give a fuck less what she thought about him, but he was rather interested in what Harry's reaction would be. Because he had been a little disappointed at the lack of conflict he received from the boy after he had so blatantly announced his and Draco's relationship to the entire school the morning after they started going out. He didn't seem as furious as he thought he would be, instead he kinda just seemed like a broken little puppy.

What was he talking about...oh yeah how the events had transpired. Well after about five minutes of him getting yelled at, Draco had chosen that precise moment to walk in. It was kind of funny when he did though, because after seeing who Blaise's little table guests were he got a look on his face that said just one thing 'fuck me.' The cold blond had cautiously made his way over, avoided his ex-lover's glare the entire way, and wanting to have a little fun Blaise had promptly pulled his new boyfriend into his lap...where Hermione had preceded to pretty much call him a whore. That's where we came in right?

Draco's head hung in embarrassment or shame, he couldn't exactly tell which, but he did feel the need to rectify the situation. He just couldn't stand to see his soon to be lover in a state of such distress. Tipping up the mopy boy's face, he turned him to look at Harry and Hermione. "Oh come on baby..." He reveled in the way Harry flinched at the word. "don't let them talk to you like that. Defend your honor."

The hand that had been on the Slytherin's cheek was harshly grabbed, and Blaise had to hide the wince that wanted to form in his throat from Draco's grip and his chilling gaze. His arm was harshly lowered away from his face, and the body that was sitting on his lap pushed itself up, instead going to sit on the edge of the table. Blaise's eyes narrowed at that. How dare he just get up like that! Who the hell did he think he was? He was the one that was supposed to be in control in this relationship god dammit!

"Defending my honor won't be necessary." Draco's voice was low, and sounded rather forced. "She said nothing that would make me want to defend it...The truth is I could care less what a mudblood and a half breed think of me." Well at least he was being pissy with them too. That was always a plus.

Now he had actually thought the insult had been pristine, but the look on Harry's face seemed to tell otherwise...Was he laughing? Draco's hair was covering his face, but he could see the blond's hand shaking at such a reaction. Blaise sneered. Why the hell did he have to care about what that little Gryffindor thought so much? It was official, he was just way more pissed off then he would like to be on his birthday. "What the hell do you find so funny?" The words poured off his tongue like acid, and Harry's laughter momentarily stopped.

There was still a smirk on the brat's face, but at least he had stopped that incessant laughing. "Oh nothing...I just thought it was funny how he doesn't even care what this supposed half breed thinks about him, but he let such an abomination fuck his brains out just the other day." Well he had to hand it to him there, he did have a point. That of course didn't change the fact that he was going to bitch him out for saying it, though he was pretty much beat to the punch on that subject.

"I never thought you were an abomination! I never thought anything of the sort!" He was pretty sure he heard Hermione scoff at that, but ignored it and let Draco continue...Even though he didn't really like where this conversation was headed. "I...I..." Draco seemed to choke on his words, obviously just now noticing the crowd of spectators they had gained over this whole ordeal. Scared gray eyes darted around the room, seeing all of the curious faces on them. If you thought about it it was probably quite a sight. His eyes once again turned back to face Harry, but Blaise was sure he found no reprieve in those irises, because the irises were gleaming with nothing but pure hate.

"You what, love me?" Harry's eyes narrowed. "Is that what were going to say?" Knowing he had to do something before Draco had a nervous breakdown, Blaise reluctantly intervened.

Placing a hand on the blond's shoulders, glaring maliciously at both Gryffindor's as he did so. "Now now kids...let's just settle down before somebody ends up missing a body part." As he was saying this he let his other hand fall casually to his pocket where his wand was.

Apparently Hermione had had the same idea as him, for her hand fell to Harry's shoulder. "Yeah Harry...You proved your point. We don't exactly want to make a scene in here." This was apparently not what Harry wanted to hear.

Shrugging her hand off, he quickly stood up on one of the benches of the table. Intrigued, Blaise could do nothing but watch. Harry spread his hands out, being sure to get everyone's attention. "Yeah? And why not here?" Was he serious? "Why don't we get all of this out in the open once and for all so everyone can know just how we both feel." Draco looked frozen to the spot on his seat, and really Blaise didn't blame him. He was pretty sure that he would be the same way.

Harry jumped off, going instead to stand right in front of the blond. Grabbing both of Draco's hands, he took them firmly in his own. "Everyone heard before when he said he loved me right?" It was so quiet in the Great Hall that you could probably hear pin drop. It seemed that nobody had a care in the world except for the conflict that was going on, even the teachers seemed reluctant to move. Draco's eyes widened as Harry dropped to both of his knees, crawling like that the rest of the way to where the blond was sitting. "Draco I want you to know exactly how I feel." He got closer. "I..." He crawled a few more inches. "truly" He continued to move forward. "with every fiber of my being" He got so close that their lips were practically touching. In fact Harry had tilted his mouth as if he was going to kiss him, but instead of going all the way he said his next words. "hate you."

Just like that the blond's hands were dropped, and without another word Harry stalked out of the Great Hall, leaving a horrified room in his wake. Blaise for the longest time could only just stare after the Gryffindor, and not until Hermione raced after him did he even snap back into reality and bent down to see how Draco was fairing. Now he wasn't a professional or anything, but by the looks of him he would have to say 'not fucking good'

The blond's entire body was shaking, and his eyes were dilated to the point where he was just all pupil. The hands that had just been dropped by his former lover had gone up to wrap around his shoulders, they were rubbing there, obviously trying to get rid of some of the numbness. "Draco?" He gently pet his face. "Hey Draco, are you okay?" Still no response. Blaise actually took the liberty of giving his shoulders a hard shake. "Draco!?"

This seemed to at least snap the boy out of his comatose appearance. In fact he looked up at him as if nothing had ever happened. That same calm smirk was on the blond's face, and he seemed to be perfectly alright. "Blaise would you stop yelling...you're making a scene." The brunette's eyebrow rose at that, wondering how the hell he could ever make a bigger scene then what had just happened. But he let it go for now, after all there were much more important matters to deal with at the moment. Those being things like getting Draco out of the Great Hall before he completely lost it...well more than he already had that is.

"Yeah okay buddy...let's just go talk about it down in the dungeons alright?" Draco turned grateful eyes on him, slowly nodding at the invitation. Blaise kept an arm on the blond's elbow the entire journey down to their common room, and still when they made it into Draco's room. When they entered though the Slytherin ripped his arm from his grasp, and pretty much threw himself onto his bed.

When he saw his shoulders start to shake from what was no doubt tears, Blaise really began to worry, after all Draco never cried. The brunette lowered himself onto the bed, placing a comforting hand on the small of his love's back. "Hey baby...are you alright?"

Blaise let a smile play at his lips when he saw the cute little blond shake his head, before crawling over and laying his head in his lap. "No...No I'm not." Draco snuggled further into his thigh. "How could he do that!? And in front of everyone no less!" The sad thing was that he was pretty sure at that point he heard a sniffle. "What's everyone going to think?...Oh God what's my father going to think!?"

Not knowing what else to do, Blaise just simply affectionately pet Draco's hair. He never had been any good at the whole consolation thing, but this was Draco he was talking about so he had to try. "Shh Shh Ko...it's alright. You know it's for the best." He could feel his pant leg beginning to get soaked with tears as he continued to try to get the blond to relax. Soon he felt the body on him go completely lax, confirming that Draco had finally fallen asleep, and it was in that moment that he took back his early assumption. This was by far going to be the worst birthday ever.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Draco had stayed asleep for several hours, but when he had woken up he was in a rather better mood. In fact they had just been exchanging stories for the past hour and a half as the blond laid comfortably in his lap. So yeah it wasn't exactly the birthday he had imagined, but in a way it was kind of nice.

Blaise stared fondly at the boy giggling in his lap after he had told him about the time he had inked the entire Hufflepuff table's tea. A smile graced his lips as they just stared into each other's eyes. It really was a perfect moment, that is until Draco raised the bottle of vodka that he had been coveting to his lips, breaking their eye contact. As soon as the blond had woken up he immediately went for the raid of his alcohol supply. He had handed Blaise a beer, and settled with the entire bottle for himself. The thing was already almost half way gone, and Draco was definitely already a little drunk.

The bottle was lowered from perfectly pink lips, and Draco's face suddenly grew serious. "Why me Blaise?" At Blaise's confused face he decided to elaborate. "What's so great about me that you would work this hard just to get me?" Leaning down, Blaise placed a quick kiss on the blond's forehead.

"Why do you ask dumb questions like that?" He ran a hand through his silky tresses. "It's you Drake...how could I not?" Blaise leaned down again, although this time he aimed his kiss at those lips he had just been staring at. Now he had never tried this before, but upside down kissing is really a strange thing. Although he did like it due to how deeply Draco was kissing back.

Soon their kiss had turned into a very heated make-out session, and Draco had to twist his body around so that they were face to face. After he was settled rather nicely in his lap, the blond Slytherin pulled away for a breath. He was smiling, and really Blaise had never seen anything more beautiful in his life. Draco actually looked...happy.

It didn't take long for Blaise's resolve to break, and pull Draco back in for another kiss. As they were kissing the brunette slowly started to lift up on his lover's sweater, breaking apart only to get it up over his head. As for him he quickly undid the buttons on his shirt, breaking quite a few in his haste to get it off. Seriously though if this was the outcome of getting Draco drunk, then he would be sure to do it much more often.

As their tongues twined together, Blaise made short sport in undoing both of their pants, but then something strange happened. He pulled away from Draco as he could have sworn he heard the door slam, but when he looked up he saw that no one was there. "Did you hear that?"

Draco was looking confused, and Blaise was really starting to feel stupid. He could have sworn that he heard something though. Blond hair tilted to the side as he gave him a curious drunken look. "Hear what?" Now he really was starting to feel stupid, and more than a little crazy, but that crazy feeling soon faded to be replaced with one of shock as he saw something materialize in the doorway...or rather someone.

He indolently rolled Draco off of him, pushing him back behind him on the bed. What the hell was he doing here? And for that matter how the hell had he gotten here? Blaise angrily pointed to the spot where Harry was currently pointing a wand at his head. "That." His emerald eyes were stone cold as he stared at the half naked pair on the bed. "What the fuck are you doing here Potter? Come to interrupt me fucking your little pet."

To his surprise he didn't see any anger in Harry's face, in fact the little bastard was smirking. "Something like that." What the hell was he smirking at! Didn't he know that if he even so much as tried to hex them he would be out of this school before he could take another breath. For that matter didn't he just say how much he hated Draco? Why then would he be there right when they were about to take their relationship to the next level?

At the sound of rustling sheets, Blaise turned around to look at Draco. He really wished he wouldn't have though, because what he saw made his jaw drop. No longer was there the emotionally scarred little puppy. He didn't look in the least bit upset. In fact he didn't even look drunk. His normally cold gray eyes looked positively malignant. He was holding a wand, and for a second there he was relieved, until he noticed the wand wasn't pointing at Harry, but at himself. "Draco?" Blaise would have scoffed at the voice that came out of his mouth if he could. It sounded as if he was going to wet himself.

Draco's eyes shot to Harry's, where they no doubt shared a look, for when the blond looked back to him he was smirking. His head tilted to the side in that same cute way it had earlier, though now it just looked evil. "What's the matter Blaise, you looked surprised?" His eyes turned positively deadly. "Didn't I promise you a birthday present that was absolutely to die for?" Well now it was official, he was fucked.
,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.




A.N- Ha! I bet you hate me now don't you? It's true...I am pretty evil for leaving it off like that, but you know it was just so suspenseful. And I know that was probably really confusing, but it'll make sense next chapter...I promise. You didn't really think I was going to let Draco lie down and take it like that did you? And as for Harry, how could you think he could have been dumb?...alright maybe you didn't think he was dumb, or that Draco was going to just take it...but I can still pretend like I tricked you all, can't I? lol...alright I'll shut up now. Also I apologize for this chapter being so short, but the next chapter will be the end of my little story, so this is just the climax I guess. Oh and I'm sorry for all of you Blaise fans, but he really gets fucked over in the next chapter. A punishment befitting a Malfoy. Hope you enjoyed, and of course please review!
Sign up to rate and review this story