Categories > Celebrities > Green Day > Shenanigans

Chapter 9

by spgdfreak 1 review

read it lol

Category: Green Day - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-02-11 - Updated: 2007-02-11 - 4079 words

0Unrated
Lane's POV
"Alaina, you okay?" Adrienne asked me, but I didn't respond right away. I saw Vinnie standing in the doorway, piss-drunk and looking angry to boot.
"Adie... I'll call you back later... " And with that I hung up the phone.
"Where the fuck were you today?" He snarled, walking slowly towards me. I took in a deep breath, trying to hold my ground.
"I was in school!" I unintentionally squeaked. He seemed to steam from fury.
"Then why," he grabbed me by the collar, I could smell the alcohol on his breath and I winced, "did I get a call from your fucking high school that you hadn't attended class today?"

I scoffed at him using the word 'attended' as if it made him sound intelligent.
"I told you, I went. The office at the school sometimes makes those kinds of mistakes." He hadn't taken his hand off my collar, and I think he was pulling me upwards. I kept my face straight, and my voice... well, less squeaky.
"All right," he pushed me back violently so I crashed into the wall, luckily that kept me from falling over. "But if I ever hear shit about you skipping class, your neck will be hanging by that door for the world to see." He pointed at the door, made a motion as if he were about to take a swing at me, then walked off. I sighed out of relief and slid down the wall into a sitting position.
"Thank fuck," I muttered to myself, appreciating the fact that he was a little more merciful than I was expecting.
Maybe everyone's getting a change of heart.

Rory's POV
I sat at a café in town I had stumbled across a few weeks before school had started, when all I had to do was wander the town searching for decent hang out spots. It was a quant little café with little tables for two out on the side walk by the road and a small inside. I sat at one of the outside tables, sipping a now half empty chocolate chip frappucino.
I didn't want to go home; I never liked going back there. None of my friends had ever been to my house, really. But I did have my reasons, seeing as maybe I didn't want them to know that I lived with my grandparents. How odd, though, they all have parental issues and such and wish their parents would just die... But they had no idea.
I jumped as I heard my cell phone ring. I quickly took it out of my pocket and looked at the caller I.D.
"Hey, Adie! What's up?" I feigned a happy tone, just so as not to worry her.
"Farore, guess what!" She half-shouted, sounding happy as ever.
"Umn... You have a stalker named Ernest?" I asked.
"Uh... Maybe, I dunno. But it's not that! I'm not pregnant." I could just see the grin on her face.
"Wow... Is that good?" I inquired.
"Of course it is! No worrying about the responsibilities of parent hood yet! Though, poor Lane."
"She wants it."
"Of course. Well, that's all I needed to tell you. I better go before my mom murders me."
"Why would she?"
"She's already pissed of beyond reason about us skipping school to go with Lane to the doctor's." She said matter-of-factly.
"Ah."
"See ya, then."
"Bye."
"Bye!" She made a kissing noise into the phone before hanging up. I sighed and leaned back into the chair more, watching some pigeons eating crumbs from the floor.

Mike's POV
"Oh god, Lane's pregnant," I paced back and forth in my room, my arms folded across my chest, just contemplating every singly thing that must be going wrong lately.
First off, Tre got Alaina pregnant.
Second, Billie Joe and Adie are having a huge fight.
Third, Jason hates Tre.
And... Fourth, Rory hates me.

I let out a huge sigh and looked up, ceasing my pacing. I didn't really understand why I don't just go and talk to Farore. We were practically best friends, we hit it off right away, and we've known each other for a couple months now...
Then the little conscience fairy decided to tell me, 'Hey, go and talk to her. What's the worst that could happen?'
And I agreed with the fairy... Wait, was it just me or am I talking about a metaphorical fairy?
I shook my head and grabbed my jacket and keys and stormed out of my room and out my front door, determined to make amends with Rory. After all, I did make a promise to Lane I'd change, and I'll be damned if actually apologizing for something wasn't a change...

Though, I admit, I do think I love Rory enough to.
Wait... Did I just say I loved Rory?

Jason/Jesus' POV
'OHMYGOD,' The voice screamed in my head.
"... Jimmy?" I whispered, closing my eyes tight.
'You killed me!' he screeched accusingly.
"No... No, it wasn't me. You... You shot yourself." I gulped, opening my eyes wide.
'You betrayed me!' Jimmy continued to shout, and I clutched my head.
"No... no, no, no, no, no, no! I didn't! I didn't! You... You blew your brains into the bay! I saw it, I saw it... " I clutched my head in agony. My head was searing with pain, and I was barely aware of my own screams of 'No! No!' over and over and over while I heard Jimmy laughing maniacally.

A couple of doctors rushed into my room and crowded around me. They were shouting to one another, but all I heard was a storm of fused voices. I continued to shake my head, crying out in denial. I did not kill Jimmy, it wasn't me, it wasn't me.

The doctors fumbled with what looked like a syringe, I couldn't quite tell through the tears welling up in my eyes.

The pain, the agony...

I thrashed at them. No, I didn't need help, I didn't need medicines. Jimmy needed help, I betrayed him and I need to help him!
I jumped up and attempted to fight my way to the door. I pushed off the doctors as they grabbed my arms, and I screamed as I rushed towards my escape.
I needed to escape. He was back, and I needed to be rid of him.
Just then, I felt a needle push into my arm, and I began to feel woozy. I grabbed the doorframe with one hand, my head in another, as the room began to twist and turn.

"I think we got him," I heard one of the doctors say.
I wasn't aware of anything as I black out but the voice of my rage and love saying, "So long and goodnight, Jason."

And I saw nothing more.

*
Tre's POV

a few months later...
Winter break was over. What a bummer. Christmas wasn't too great this year, with Adrienne and Billie hating each other and Jason hating me. I actually had nothing against him, but I think that's because I had Alaina and he didn't. If it was vice versa, I'm sure I'd hate him, too. I got Alaina a promise ring for Christmas. Mike, Rory and Adie helped me pick it out. She loved it. I think I would've gotten laid if she wasn't pregnant. She said she didn't want to have sex while she was pregnant, something about it feeling weird. I didn't care, we would do it all the time once we got married, I assumed. We agreed to wait til after the baby was born to get married because I didn't want her to think I just wanted to marry her cuz she was pregnant, I wanted to marry her because I loved her. First period had just ended, so we met up outside in the hallway.

"So, chemistry was great today, right?" I said, walking up behind her and lopping my arm through hers.
"Oh, it was a riot!" she said, taking my hand. "You know we have a doctor's appointment afterschool. We get to find out what the baby is." Then she squeezed my hand.
"What do you think it is?"
"I think it's a...well, I don't know. But I think I might have twins."
"Awesome!" I practically squeaked. I settled myself down. "Why do you think that, though?"
"Well, I'm expanding more rapidly than a woman carrying one baby and Mike and I are twins, so...oh shit, what if they turn out like Mike? I might have to shoot myself."
"Yeah, I don't want my own kids giving me a black eye. Or not being able to tell someone they love them. Why did you have to have Mike as a brother?"
She sighed and laughed.
"I didn't choose him. I do love him, though, he's a great brother. But, you know how it is."
"Yeah. He's a great best friend. But, we need to get going. The bell's gonna ring for 2nd period and if I'm late for Carson's class, she'll shoot me. I love you," I said and kissed her.
"Behave yourself, Tre Cool. I love you too," she said, walking off. The taste of Alaina Pritchard was...fruit loops. Oh wait, that was me. Hers was more like the Orbit she was smacking all through class.

after school
Alaina was right. We were having twins. I saw them both on the ultrasound. And, like her and Mike, one was a boy and the other was a girl. I think it was a family trait or something. After we left the office, we went back to her house. Vinnie and Gina weren't home...what a big surprise. Mike and Alaina were adopted by Mrs. Pritchard--Gina, but she and the husband she adoped Mike and Alaina with had split up. Ever since Mrs. Pritchard married Vinnie, whom she had met one night in a bar and decided to drunkenly marry, she was gone all the time. Mike and Alaina didn't really see their original adopted father, except on holidays and birthdays, and even then it was briefly. Mike was home, of course. He had his music blaring, as usual. I didn't recognize the band, so I figured it was some indie stuff he always plays when he thinks no one is home. Alaina led me upstairs and put her finger over her mouth, the "shut up" motion. She kicked open Mike's door.

"HEY UNCLE MIKE!" She yelled, laughing her ass off as she watched him fall to the ground. He clicked the remote to turn off the stereo and stood up.
"Alaina Regina Pritchard, you are dead!" He said, dusting the non existing whatevers off himself. I didn't notice how hard I had been laughing, either.
"Are you OK?" she asked through her giggles. He looked pissed.
"Yeah, my ass hurts though. What the hell were you thinking?"
"Chill out, Mike. It was a joke. Are you gonna go back into dark, evil big brother territory again?"

He sighed and sat back on his bed. He motioned for us to sit down next to him.
"Sorry. No, it's just...everything is going to hell. The holidays were just, well, not holidays. Last year we didn't have a Vinnie, Jason didn't hate Tre, Jason Relva wasn't a psycho, Billie and Adie were together and I wasn't in lo-" He suddenly stopped and looked at the both of us. "Nevermind."
"You weren't in luh? Mike, that makes no sense!" Lane said.
"Honey, I think he was meaning to say he wasn't in love. Which means, he loves Rory and didn't want us to hear him admit it."
"Oh. OK." She said and laid her head on my shooulder.
"Are you guys still on that? I don't love her! I don't like her as more than a friend. So just shut up about it."
"Mike, dude, you just basically admitted it. You brought it up, not us."

He groaned and fell backward on his bed.
"FINE! But if either of you tell anyone, I will take your baby."
"Babies..." Alaina said, smiling at me. I smiled back.
"Huh? Babies? How many girls did you get pregnant, Tre?"
"She's having twins, dumbass. A boy and a girl, like the two of you."
He darted up and hugged the both of us without warning...which was more of a squeeze than a hug.
"I'm gonna be an uncle and an aunt!"
Alaina and I looked at each other.
"Not quite." Alaina said, laughing.
"Oh, good point. I'm gonna be an uncle to two kids! How's that?"
"Well, if you were a hermaphrodite, the first one would've made a lot more sense. Is there something you aren't telling me?" I said.
We all laughed. Mike picked up the magazine and threw it on the bed. It was the latest issue of Rolling Stone with Fall Out Boy on the cover. I don't see what Lane saw in them. They were one of her favorite bands. Everytime we rode in her car, without Mike that is, she played them. Mike hated them, he must've been reading some other article.
"So, what are we doing for dinner tonight?" Alaina asked Mike.
"Well, big surprise, but Mom called and said she won't be home tonight. Vinnie is, well, I don't know or care whether or not he comes home, at all, or not."
"You guys can come over my house." I said. They looked at each other, then at me.
"We better not. Vinnie might come back and see us gone and-" Alaina started.
What's with the Pritchard children today and not finishing their sentences?
"What, Lane?" Mike said, looking at her face. She looked down. I knew her in and out; she was trying to hide her face so we wouldn't see her lying.
"Nothing, Mike. Leave it alone."
"Deja vu," I said, rolling my eyes.
"You brought it up."
"MIKE!"
"ALAINA!"
"TRE!" I shouted. They both looked at me like I was insane. "Sorry, I felt left out."
Mike lifted up his shirt.
"What the fuck are you doing?" she asked.

He turned his back to us. There was a huge bruise in the shape of a handprint.
"Wh...is it fr...does he..."
"Yeah. He started fighting with me about not taking out the trash. I said it wasn't trash day and he started wailing on me."
Alaina then lifted up her shirt sleeve. The same was on her upper arm.
"He grabbed me for not listening to Mom, who wasn't home," she said, sobbing.
I felt like I should tell someone. I wondered if Billie or Adie or Rory or anyone else knew. I was scared for the life of my best friends.
"You guys need to tell someone," I said. Mike had put his shirt down already and turned back around. Alaina pulled her shirt sleeve down.
"NO! You can't either! Just think if we actually did something! He might kill us then...literally," Mike yelled. "Do you PROMISE to keep your mouth shut?" he demanded.
"Tell what?" I said, looking at them.
"Anyways, we'll just make ourselves something to eat here. You wanna stick around?" he asked.
"Will you guys get in trouble if he sees me here?"
"No. We just can't leave unless we tell someone," Alaina chimed in, sniffing and wiping her face off with a paper towel. I hugged her and kissed the top of her head.
I sighed and agreed.
I hoped I wasn't the cause of the bruises they might have gotten later.

Whatsername's POV

the next day at school

I was so excited for Jason's return. He got out of the facility last night and said he would be back today. He was way behind in his studies, though. He had been out of school for about 3 months. I didn't get to see him until lunch, though. I found myself thinking about Michael Pritchard a lot, as well...ever since he went with me that day to see Jason at the facility. I love Jason, though, I would do anything for him. Including...
"What are you doing, freak?" some blonde prep screamed at me. I looked down at my wrist which was bleeding.
"I would ask you the same thing, dear," I smiled sarcastically at her.
"You hang with Mike and Billie and that crowd, don't you?"
I gave her a blank look.
"Mike? Billie?" I asked.
"Mike Pritchard or Dirnt or whatever he's going by these days. Billie Armstrong, Billie Joe, whatever. Mike's best friend."
"Well I sit with them at lunch, but we don't really 'hang out' as you said it." I made finger quotes while saying "hang out".

"I can tell, you're a freak just like them. I used to go out with Mike, but he became too weird for me. You would be really pretty if you took care of yourself and didn't hang out with them. And oh yeah, the cutting thing is really weird, too."
I lowered my head. The bell rang in time for lunch. Finally, I got to see my beloved again. I ran out of the class and dashed to the cafeteria. I sat at our corner of the table and waited for him. He looked different, yet the same. Like he had life again or something. The black haired boy who broke up with the girl with dreadlocks walked over. I had seen them almost everyday for the past 3 years, but never cared to learn their names. They didn't know mine, either. I was in my own world and they were in theirs, with each other. I only knew "Mike" as Michael because he was the only one who talked to me that day and got to know me. He still didn't know my name, though. No one except Jason knew my name, which is why everyone called me "Whatsername", even to my face. The teachers even seemed to ignore me.

"Hey, Jason! How's your first day back? We missed ya, buddy!" He said, slapping him on the back.
Jason looked up and smiled.
"That's Jesus to you, BJ!" he responded.
Why didn't they say hi to me? Did I not matter? Were they too good to talk to me? I leaned over to whisper in Jason's ear.
"Do they not like me?" I asked. He looked at me.
"I don't know, sweetie. Why do you ask?"
"They aren't talking to me," I whispered back. Michael walked to the table with the curly haired boy.
"You aren't talking to them," he said back to me.
Maybe he was right. I decided to say hi to Michael, he was the only person whose name I knew.
"Hello, Michael," I said quickly and looked down.
"Hi," he said back, half smiling. The new, red haired girl and Michael's twin sister sat down next.

"JESUS! WELCOME BACK, SEXY!" The twin yelled. Jason smiled again. She looked exactly like Michael, except she was a few inches shorter, had female parts, and streaks of lime green, black and hot pink in her hair, which reached her shoulders. They had the same hair color and face shape, but hers was more feminine. She had a belly, too. I thought I heard them mention she was pregnant by the short, light brown haired boy a few times, though. Today there was a huge ruckus over many things. I didn't pay any attention again, except to stare at the new, pink marks on my arm. I smiled. Jimmy would've been proud. I wish Jimmy would come back, but they got rid of him when they put Jason in the facility. The short boy and the girl with the dreadlocks sat down. I glanced over the group...yep, they were all there. A group of people who knew, who felt each other's pains and life struggles, no matter what the circumstances. I wish I had that with Jason, but he was gone. I liked him better when he was Jimmy, but like I said, Jimmy wasn't coming back.

"HEY JESUS! How was that facility?" the short boy yelled.
"It was...well...it was there."
"Did you hear what I did?"
Jason looked at Michael.
"Do I wanna know?"
"He knocked Lane up. They just found out they're having twins last night."
"Woah, I thought you looked chunkier, Alaina. So is it a 'that sucks' or a 'congratulations'?"
"Well, both. I haven't told my mom and Vinnie yet," she said, looking down.
The boy put his arm around her. I wish I could be held like that again, by someone.
"And I gave her a promise ring!" the boy perked up, showing them her hand.
It was quite a large rock. I started thinking about how Jimmy promised me forever. I couldn't take it anymore. I stood up and ran off. I went to the nurse's office.

Billie Joe's POV
"And I gave her a promise ring!" Tre chirped.
He lifted Lane's hand up and showed Jason/Jesus. I glanced to Adie, she sneered back at me. With that, Whatsername ran out of the cafeteria. That girl was something else. She never talked to anyone, except Mike. I think she might like him, but she was with Jason/Jesus. Unless they broke up while he was in the nuthouse.
"OOOOK then," Rory said after Whatsername had ran out.
"What's wrong with her?" Adie asked.
"I have no idea. She thinks you guys don't like her." Jesus said.
"Why would she think that?"
"Because you don't talk to her."
"She doesn't talk to us," I said.
"Yeah, but guys, she's really shy and quiet. She has a complex because of the way she was raised, so she always thinks no one approves of her. She got slapped around a lot. I told you guys about this before. So, can you maybe try to make an effort and reach out to her?"
"Yes," we all said in unison.
"She said hi to Mike," Jason White commented.
"Yeah, Mike. What's with that?" Alaina asked, smiling.
"Nothing. We went to the facility to see Jason together. You knew that, Lane."
"Oh, you came to see me? I don't really remember anyone," Jesus said, looking down.
"It's OK. Who was Jimmy?" I asked.
"I...I...I don't wanna talk about Jimmy right now."
"It's cool. You wanna hang out after school, like old times?"
"Sure. You and Adie aren't gonna be all over each other, though, are you?"
Everyone looked down, then towards Adie and I.
"Actually, Jason, Adie and I aren't together anymore."
"OOH. Sorry. What happened?"
"Billie is a jerk off, that's what happened," Adie sneered again.
"OK, new topic. So, Mike, anything shocking with you? Are you and the new girl together?"

HA! Even Jason/Jesus saw it! I knew the response.
"N...no. We're just friends. Best friends. Right, Mike?" Rory said, taking a bite out of what she was eating.
"Y...yeah. Best friends."
"How about you, Jason?" Jesus asked.
I felt sorry for Jason/Jesus. He didn't know that asking these questions was gonna get him killed.
"Well, as you know, I was in love with Alaina. We went to homecoming together and she slept with Tre, which is how she got pregnant."
"Homecoming...Jimmy..." Jesus mouthed. He started zoning out.
"YO! Earth to Jason Andrew Relva! We're losing you again!" Tre said, snapping his fingers.
"S...ssorry."
"Jason was drunk off his ass at homecoming, which is why I went after Tre. Then Mike danced with Maria and got Rory pissed at him. Tre threw ice at Jason's head when he passed out at the table." Alaina said, breaking the silence. Usually I was the one who broke the awkward silence with bad news.
"Wow. You guys have had...umm...a time. I don't know what word to use for those events..." Jesus said, trailing off.
"You need to come over afterschool and catch up on it all. We all can go to my house tonight. Last time we went to Lane and Mike's house, well, it wasn't pretty," I said.
"OK. Meet at the parking lot?" Jesus asked.
"Yes, as always."
"Awesome. See ya after school, I have to go find her and see if she's OK."
"You can bring her, too, if you want!"
He nodded at me and put his tray away and walked off.
"And all this time, we thought he had a crazy life," Mike said, looking at his food.
Sign up to rate and review this story