Categories > Cartoons > Biker Mice from Mars > Red Planet - Part Five: Warpath

On Our Own

by siriusfanatic 0 reviews

The Biker Mice, seperated from each other, stand against the Plutarkians and Sand Raiders!

Category: Biker Mice from Mars - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-02-11 - Updated: 2007-02-12 - 5325 words

0Unrated

BIKER MICE FROM MARS

RED PLANET
PART FIVE: WARPATH

Disclaimer: Biker Mice From Mars and related characters and concepts are the property of Brentwood Inc. and is the creation of Rick Unger. The story and images presented here are neither sponsored, endorsed, created, by the owners, licensees, or other related entities. The story and images are copyright the writers of this fanfic. Characters Cody Orion, Alexis Sarimana, Tawny, and other characters are the property of thew40 and siruisfanatic (aka Terrabm and Captain Terrabm). Please do not use without permission from either of the writers, which can be reached at wreality24@hotmail.com and CaptainTerrabm@aol.com.

Author's Note: This story is another in a series of re-postings of the "Red Planet" series. For more information, see "Red Planet - Part One: Invasion."

This is the continuation of the "Red Planet" series by siruisfanatic and thew40.

You can check out artwork for BMFM at my gallery here: http://terrabm.deviantart.com. Also, co-writer TheW40's other works can be found here on Ficwad as well: http://www.ficwad.com/viewuser.php?uid=17565


Chapter One: On Our Own

The Biker Mice began their long trek at sunrise, heading out towards the unknown, and Cocono Canyon.
Alexis, who was more than a little tired, slept soundly against Modo's back as they drove along the dusty roads, radios humming through the otherwise quiet and serene landscape around them. The trio remained silent for a time, each contemplating what lay in store of them. It was not the first time they had been thrust out on their own, and they were certain it wouldn't be the last either, but somehow this was different from their last adventure.
Now they were older, they were wiser, and smarter, and home was not their destination. They were out hunting for their enemies, to stop them and bring them to justice.
Vinnie was the first to break the silence between them. "Where are we going?" he asked.
"I heard a rumor that there was a lot of strip-mining going on at Cocono Canyon. Seems like a good place to start," Throttle answered, keeping his eyes forward.
"That's at least a day's ride," Modo added then, glancing at his gas gage. "We'll have to find a pit stop before then."
"If there is one." Throttle shrugged.
"Well I don't know about you, but I'm not hoofing it." Vinnie said. He proudly patted Streak as the motorcycle beeped happily in response.
Another moment went by without anyone saying anything, and Modo watched a pack of deer-like Phantolope trot calmly across an empty field, looking for food.
"You know, bros..." he said after a moment, turning to look at his companions. "This opens up a whole new world of opportunities for us. I mean, before we were under Stoker's commands, we had a direction to follow a plan. But now, we're our own masters, and well...I dunno, everything just seems so...unlimited."
Vinnie and Throttle blinked. "Wow, bro, that was deep." Vinnie said, somewhat in awe.
Modo grinned.
"Alright then, with our unlimited outlook, what shall we do first?" Throttle asked, chuckling.
"Mmm...I say we get some eats." Alexis said sleepily from behind Modo's back suddenly, blinking at her friends.
"Well, can't take on the unknown without a full stomach." Vinnie nodded. "Let's find some grub!"
The quartet raced at break-neck speeds down the empty back-roads until long after noon had passed and afternoon was in its prime. Finally they came along a road-side stop that looked like a biker bar.
The four mice paused along the curb, looking the run-down little building over carefully.
"Well... it appears to have food." Modo said, eyeing the sign that red in big bold letters on a warped-wooden sign "Bob's Eats and Beer".
"Who knows how long it will be before we find another stop. Better settle for what we've got." Throttle said wisely.
"I'll scope it out." Vinnie nodded, climbing off his bike and sauntering towards the door. Alexis, Modo, and Throttle grimaced.
"Oh this is not gonna be pretty." Modo sighed.
"Well come on, guys. Someone's gotta save his ass." Alexis replied walking in after him.
As they stepped inside they found that the place was truly just one large room that was poorly lit and full of smoke. Through the haze they could see that the place was full of unsavory looking characters: a couple of drunks huddled in a corner raving loudly about the war; what appeared to be a couple of hookers hanging close by chain-smoking; a large group of Rats who were playing poker; and other various vagabonds and roughnecks.
"Hey!" a large, burly mouse from behind the counter shouted at them as they stood in the doorway. "Read the sign! No kids allowed!"
"We're not kids!" Vinnie protested. "We're Freedom Fighters!"
Some dark glances were thrown their way at Vinnie's proclamation, and others burst into loud fits of laughter.
"Way to lay low, bro." Throttle said, shaking his head.
"I'll take care of this." Modo said moving forward then and stepping up to the bar. The bartender gazed at him mildly over two huge foaming mugs of beer he was serving to two women who were seated in front of him.
"Your little friend's real funny, kid, but unfortunately he's a one-trick pony. Now haul your asses out of here before I have to do it for ya," the bartender warned.
"Listen, Mister," Modo began politely. "I understand your situation plenty, of course I do. But me and my friends have been separated from our unit and we've been driving a long time. We just came in here to get some food and fuel up our bikes, then we'll be on our way, no trouble."
The bartender eyed the tall youth carefully. "Sorry. Ain't got nothin for ya."
"Anything will do." Modo said, a dangerous under tone at the edge of his voice.
"You deaf, boy?" The bartender said irritatedly, glaring at him.
"Aw Hector, give 'em some damn food!" a rat that was sitting to the left of Modo spoke up then, looking up from his drink.
Modo smiled at the Rat. "Well, your friend seems to sympathize with me, sir. And the customer is always right, aren't they?"
The bartender growled, realizing he was defeated. "Fine. All I got is loose-meat sandwiches and beer."
Modo grinned. "We'll take it. Thank you very much." He nodded to his companions who made their way over to a table at the far end of the smoke and the poker game and Modo joined them soon, hands full of their meal for the evening.
"What is this?" Alexis asked, peering into the beer mug.
"All they had , I guess." Modo sighed. "Apparently fighting for the survival of your planet doesn't bring much around here."
Vinnie lifted his mug. "What are you talking about? This is awesome! This proves our man-hood."
"And where does that leave me?" Alexis asked playfully.
Throttle grinned and raised his glass. "To Freedom!"
Vinnie clanked his glass against his brother's. "To life without limits!" he laughed.
"To Mars!" Modo said lifting his as well.
"To us!" Alexis laughed, as they all took a long pull of their drinks. A moment later the youngest of the group found herself choking on the foul bitter taste of her drink, her face flushing brightly. Vinnie gulped, letting his tastebuds adjust to the new flavor.
Throttle and Modo blinked setting their mugs down on the table. "Wow..." Throttle said peering into the glass. "Tastes just like piss."
"Yeah..." Alexis said, stuffing her mouth full of sandwich to rid herself of the horrible taste.
"Man, that will put hair on your chest!" Vinnie laughed.
"There's already hair on your chest, stupid!" Modo laughed, smacking him playfully.
"You bros finish up," Throttle said climbing up from the table. "I'm gonna go gas up our rides." he said.
"Watch your back bro," Modo said cautiously. "I don't trust some of these folks."
Throttle patted his big bro's shoulder and then headed out the back door, where apparently the gas pumps were located.
All he had to do was whistle for the Bikes to respond and come speeding around the corner of the building. Throttle grinned at the convenience of this, but then realized he should probably keep a low profile. It wasn't often you stumbled across bikes like these, and there were probably some bottom-feeders in there who would just kill for the chance to lay a slimy hand on one.
He had just finished hooking all three bikes up to the pumps when suddenly he heard someone walking up behind him. Throttle turned, ready to defend himself, and found that it was only a lonesome looking old Rat, who looked like he had seen too many winters, ambling towards him.
The Rat noticed Throttle's tense figure staring at him, and nodded in a sleepy sort of way, pushing scraggly greasy hair back beneath his baseball cap. "Evenin', sonny." he replied.
Throttle nodded shortly.
The Rat eyed the bikes the young mouse was minding. "Pretty bikes you go there, sonny-boy." he said in a shaky drawl.
Throttle patted Lady proudly. "Yep, they're really something." he said politely, but no hint in his voice indicated that he wanted to continue the small talk.
The old man nodded again and smiled, showing blacked and missing teeth. Throttle grimaced in disgust as he moved past him and moseyed towards a beat-up old jeep at the far end of the lot, parked all by itself.
"Mind your head." the old Rat called back then.
Throttle blinked at the odd comment and was about to ask what he meant when suddenly something hard and cold collided abruptly with the back of his skull. Throttle pitched forward with a cry of pain as stars winked in front of his eyes and he tumbled to the ground face-first.
"Pa told ya to mind your head." another voice, hick-like and unfamiliar sounded then somewhere over top of the mouse.
Throttle groaned, rubbing the back of his head as he laid their on the ground and looked up to find a tall, scruffy looking Rat in a pair of overalls and a big heavy hunting coat standing over him, brandishing a crowbar. "Your bikes are real nice, son. Yep. We figure we could get us a good price for 'em." the hick chuckled.
The tan furred Freedom Fighter tried to get to his feet but the Rat clubbed him hard again, this time across the face, and sent him rolling across the ground once more. Throttle laid there a moment, feeling his wounded face, checking to see if the bastard had knocked any of his teeth loose. He felt a swift kick to his rear, that sent him skidding another foot or so, and then he rolled over, only to be kicked once more in the gut.
"Son of a bitch!" he cried, trying to get his wind back but the Rat continued to loom over him, ready to strike him should he try to stand.
"Talk like that ain't becomin of a Freedom Fighter, son." The Rat laughed, looking at him with a drunken, mindless gaze.
"Fine then, how about I let my feet do the talkin'." Throttle replied, throwing up his foot and planting a hard, precise kick to the man's groin. The Rat howled and doubled over, allowing Throttle opportunity to lay a second kick into his long nose, sending him reeling.
At last on his feet, Throttle looked to see the old Rat returning from his jeep, holding an old sawed-off shot gun in his gnarled old hands.
"Now son, you outta no better than to leave yerself wide open like that." he chided the other Rat, who was wiping the blood from his nose. He raised his gun, pointing it at Throttle's head. "Now, sonny-boy, don't go a make me shoot your head off now. I don't like wasting amo iffen I don't have ta."
"How very economical of you." Throttle grunted.
"Throttle what's takin all day?!" Alexis's voice rang out suddenly as she appeared in the backdoor. She took one glance at the circumstances she found her friend in. "Oh."
"Alexis, go inside, I can handle it." Throttle nodded towards the girl.
"Aw no way am I missing this," Alexis said pulling out a lazor pistol from the back of her belt and aiming it at the two hicks.
"Looks like this has become a family issue, Pa." the Rat whom Throttle had assaulted said, looking lazily towards his father.
"You're damn right it has." Modo said suddenly, appearing next to Alexis, followed by Vinnie. "Nobody roughs up our bro without paying a hefty price."
"Four to two boys, looks like you're out numbered. If you hadn't figured that out." Throttle grinned.
"I think you'd better count again, son." the old Rat corrected, pointing behind Throttle as three or four other huge rats came lumbering around the corner of the building, all holding various weapons that ranged from riffles to broken bottles.
"Boys! Ya'll can have those shinny new bikes iffen ya take care of these runts first!" the old Rat said.
"Man, this is the reason why they invented birth control." Alexis said, keeping her own weapon trained on the Rat with a crow bar while Modo and Vinnie tried to divide their attention between the newcomers.
"Tell me about it, they all look a little inbred if you ask me." Vinnie quipped.
"What do you want us to do, Throttle?" Modo asked his tan-furred bro then.
Throttle cracked his knuckles as he looked around at the impending brawl that surrounded him. "Looks like we're gonna get down and dirty bros. Freedom Fighters! Attack!" he shouted.
One of the other Rats that had joined the party lunged at Throttle, wielding a broken bottle, ready to slice Throttle's throat with it. The tan mouse stood his ground until the man was just upon him, then stepped deftly to the side, and throwing out his arm, flipping the hick over on-top his back, looking dizzily up at Throttle as his bottle rolled across the dusty parking lot.
Modo leapt upon the Rat with the crowbar as he attempted to knock Alexis's head off her thin little shoulders. Vinnie and Alexis however tag-teamed the remaining two Rats as they struggled to load their riffles.
Vinnie dropped to his knees cupping his hands together as Alexis planted her feet in his palms, then he sent her flying right towards the two unprepared Rats. "Aley-oop!"
The littlest of the Biker Mice threw her feet up, slamming her boots into their dumb-founded faces sending each of them to the ground with a groan as their useless weapons toppled to the ground.
Meanwhile the old Rat had stayed a safe distance away from the brawl, and was now taking aim at the big grey mouse that was grappling with his oldest son.
"Modo look out!" Throttle cried, seeing what was bout to happen. Modo glanced over his shoulder to see what was going on and dropped to the ground with a gasp as the old Rat fired. The bullet, however, went astray and struck the side of the building. Throttle quickly realized where this was going. "Bros! Haul tail!" he shouted, whistling for his bike.
The others quickly followed suit as the old man fired wildly at them. Alexis yelped as a bullet nicked her shoulder.
"Alex!" Vinnie cried, pulling her onto the back of his bike as they tore around the corner. Sure enough, Throttle's suspicions came true shortly afterwards, as one of the old Rat's bullets struck the gas pump, resulting in a huge fireball erupting from the pump.
The bros glanced behind them as they sped once more down the highway, at the destruction they had inadvertently caused.
"You alright, Alexis?" Vinnie asked worriedly, looking at the girl who clung on behind him.
"It's just a flesh wound." she answered, wincing as she examined the torn skin.
"We'll check on it once we've put a few miles between us and those crazy, half-burned Rats." Throttle answered.
"Good idea." Modo nodded.

*

The following morning, they found themselves at their destination, the once beautiful and lush Cocono Canyon. But the Plutarkians had been having their way with the land, for the entire region shown signs of their dirty work. Trees, ground cover, animals - all stripped from the land, leaving it torn and up-turned around them.
"Man, it looks like a bomb went off here." Vinnie said, peering around him.
"Probably did." Modo answered grimly.
The canyon, once lush despite the rocky terrain, was now becoming dusty and inhospitable. They lingered on a high over-hanging rock, peering down below them.
The canyon once primarily unpopulated, was now indeed, very populated. Through their binoculars, they could see many Mice lining the lower ridges, breaking down rocks and other hard labor, all of which they were very familiar with.
Probing further, they discovered where the broken rocks were being taken. At the bottom of the canyon, there was what appeared to be a transporter with a conveyer belt, on which the Mice were loading the broken down rocks.
"A resource shipment?" Modo asked.
"They couldn't have picked a better spot; this place is perfectly secluded. I wonder where they got these poor souls from." Throttle answered.
"What's the plan, bro?" Vinnie asked.
Throttle paused a moment, taking in the gravity of their situation.
There was a lot more at stake here than just he and his friend's lives. There were hundreds of innocent lives to worry about as well, lives that may not have a second chance for freedom if they choose not to intervene. There had to be a way of shutting down that transporter before they mined the whole area to dust. That of course, didn't take into account the fifty guards that were over-seeing the prisoners, and the three snipers that were inevitably lingering somewhere below their vantage point.
What Throttle wouldn't have given at that moment for Stoker or his father at his side, telling him what he should do next.
But Throttle knew in his gut that he had to rely on himself. "We'll wait for nightfall, it'll be easier to sneak down there then." he said. "Modo, you and Alexis head down to the bottom and begin herding the prisoners through that pass," he said pointing to a thin passage through the rock.
"Vincent, you're job will be to take down that transporter. I want it to be totally out of commission, in other words, do your worst."
Vinnie grinned from ear to ear. "Bro, you know what I like."
"What about you, bro?" Alexis asked.
"I'll handle the snipers." the tan-furred mouse answered.

*

The darkness began to creep over the land, and while the slaves ended their toil for the day, the Freedom Fighters were just beginning theirs.
Modo and Alexis began their slow and silent decent down the steep incline.
Modo struggled to maintain absolute silence, wincing at even the slightest sound made by falling pebbles down the canyon walls.
Alexis followed close behind, walking in Modo's wake. Alexis felt fearful as they ascended down the slope. Her bros were more than capable of handling themselves, they had been on loads of adventures, but Alexis...well, when it came down to it, she had almost always been left on the side-lines. But this time was determined to prove her worth.
They took shelter behind a large boulder upon reaching the bottom. As Modo loaded himself down with artillery, should they run into any trouble, Alexis surveyed the area.
There were a total of six hand-made lean-to's in the empty little area at the base of the canyon. Outside each one of the hand-made huts stood an armed guard. Two more guards stood watch at the transporter. And in the shadows above them, Alexis could see the movement of Throttle's snipers.
She could think of at least a dozen ways they could all be killed right now, but she forced herself not to think about them. Modo looked at her with a concerned glance. "You alright?" he whispered.
Alexis nodded shakily.
Modo hugged her quickly. "Listen, whatever happens out here, Alexis, you're gonna be okay. We won't let anything happen to ya, got that?"
Alexis nodded, feeling a lump come up in her throat, and then regained her nerve. "Let's do this."
Modo smiled.
With six huts and one guard for each, that meant three for him and three for her. Modo waved Alexis to the three that were closest to their cover, so she'd be able to find shelter quickly if needed. He however would have a more difficult time of it.
Modo slunk out first, crawling across the ground on his belly, gun in his hands, eyes fixed on his first target. He paused, looking around, no one had noticed him yet. He took aim...
The guard fell without a sound. Modo took a shaky breath and moved towards the next. He also went down without a sound, but the third seemed to sense something was up. Modo held his breath and forced himself to lie as still as possible.
The last guard left his post at the hut and began to look around a bit, but while he didn't see his fallen friends, he knew something was up. He took a few shaky steps, nearly standing right in front of where Modo lay without even noticing him in the dark.
The grey-furred teen looked at the guard, and saw to his regret that this fish was no older than he, maybe younger. The look of fear on his face made Modo feel even guiltier.
Suddenly however, the Plutarkian noticed him. His large yellow eyes widened and he made as if to cry out. Modo leapt up, wrapped his arm around his neck and covered his hand with his mouth as he dragged him behind the large boulder he'd been previously sneaking behind.
The fish squirmed fearfully in Modo's arms, trying to reach a knife in his belt. Modo slapped his hand away and spoke to him. "Be quiet or I'll have to shoot you, you understand me?" he hissed.
The Plutarkian nodded fearfully. "I don't want to hurt you if I don't have to. You shut your trap and you can walk out of this on both fins, you got that?"
The guard was taking hiccuping breathes behind Modo's hand. He was terrified. He was just a kid, someone who had never seen combat. Probably why they had him all the way out here on guard duty.
"Quiet, understand?"
He nodded again, and Modo loosened his grip, allowing him to breathe easier. He looked back out to the lean-tos and could no longer see any guards standing in plain sight. Alexis must have gotten off without a hitch.
"You stay right here, and you don't say a word. After it all goes down and you don't hear nothing anymore, you can come out. You do what I ask and we may both walk out of this alive."
The fish turned to look at him, his alien eyes swimming with what was obviously tears. "My brother is up on the top of the canyon...please don't kill him." he whispered desperately.
Modo thought about Throttle up there alone, three against one.
"Which one is your brother?" Modo asked, feeling a knot in his gut tightening.
"H-His name..." the boy stuttered, "is...Edam...please..."
Modo put a hand to his mouth again and then touched the com-link button on his helmet.
"Throttle, come in bro."
"Modo, what's wrong?" Throttle's voice came back, filling the inside of Modo's helmet.
"Listen, I've got a situation. There's a guy up there, one of the snipers, his name is Edam. If you can help it...don't kill him, got it?"
"What? Why? What's-?"
"Just trust me on this one, bro. Alexis and I have taken care of all the other guards down here, it's all you and Vinnie now."

*

Vinnie meanwhile was just itching to attack the guards at the transporter. So much so that he was having a lot of trouble sitting still. Vinnie saw each of the lean-to guards go down and now Modo and Alexis were slipping into the huts, talking with the prisoners, preparing them for escape.
But Vinnie still could not make his own move until Throttle had taken care of the snipers. Vinnie watched the ridges of the canyon anxiously. Knowing that there could be any number of Plutarkian slim-balls waiting to attack him and his bros. He was acutely aware of just how dangerous this was, and how monumental a task it would be pulling it off on their own. And somehow that doubt and that knowingness of danger made him excited. He supposed he had a lot of his father's recklessness in him after all.
"Come on, Throttle...hurry it up..." he muttered impatiently.

*

Throttle had crammed in himself inside an extremely uncomfortable crevice, which really didn't allow him room to shoot or duck. But it did keep him virtually invisible, and for the time being, that was exactly what he wanted.
Modo's transmission was somewhat troubling, but he decided he should trust the big-fella's judgement. Obviously he knew something that Throttle didn't. The tan mouse had his eyes currently locked on the sniper who was located directly across from him on the canyon ledge. He'd been watching him for the last hour as he kept vigil on the camp below. Throttle had no way of knowing if this was the man they called 'Edam' or not, but he was wary of him. The Plutarkian had a lot more brawn on him than he other two did, more muscle than sheer bulk. And he looked mean, very mean. Throttle watched as his eyes darted about the camp in rapid, quick movements, like some kind of bird of prey.
The young mouse took a steadying breath, knowing he could wait no longer to make his move. He lifted his lazor very slowly, very carefully, so not to attract the sniper's attention. He locked onto his chest.
"Goodnight, guppy." he whispered.
The streak of his lazor sparked for a second through the still air. The fish on the other side of the gap cried out and tumbled backwards.
Throttle moved from his hiding spot immediately, knowing the others had to have seen the shot and heard the cry of it's victim and stuck between a rock and a hard place in a fire-fight was not where you wanted to be. He rolled across the ledge just a shot whizzed over his head, cracking off the ridge wall.
Throttle shot blindly, and appeared to have missed his target entirely.
He scrambled up again, this time trying to look around for a better shot. His next target was coming at him from above on the ridge wall, shooting down at him.
Throttle rolled away, shooting up. The fish screamed as he lost his grip and went hurling through the air. He fell past the young mouse, desperately grabbed at the rough rock face, slipped several times, and finally tumbled to the ground below.
"I hope that wasn't you, Edam, whoever you are." Throttle muttered.
"I'm Edam," a voice behind him said.
Throttle turned sharply and was greeted by the sight of the last sniper, a skinny fish that was Modo's height but none of his muscle. He thrust the barrel of his gun in Throttle's face.
"Don't shoot!" Throttle gasped. "Wait a minute, please!"
Edam didn't look very ready to oblige, when there came a cry from below. Both Mouse and Fish looked down to see that Vinnie had made his move, and had sent the transporter guards running to save their scaly hides. But aside from that, they saw Modo, seemingly holding another one of them hostage.
"Edam, don't shoot him!" the fish screamed up at him.
"Nigel what are you doing?!" Edam screamed to his brother.
Nigel, Modo's captive called back. "They said they'll let us go if we just stay out of this! They don't want to hurt anybody they just want the prisoners!"
"You idiot! They already killed half our men! Get away from him, Nigel!"
Modo wrapped his arm around Nigel's neck again and rested the barrel of his gun at his forehead. "What are you doing?!" Nigel gasped fearfully.
"Sorry, pal, but your bro has my bro in his cross-hair." Modo muttered. "Okay, listen up Edam! I'll trade ya! Your little brother for mine!" Modo called.
Edam looked back and forth from Throttle, to Modo, and to Nigel's scared face. "Alright. You let him go first, then you can have your friend."
Modo shook his head as Vinnie and Alexis came to join him. "No deal! We trade 'em at the same time, got it!"
"What's going on?" Vinnie hissed.
Modo didn't take his eyes off Throttle and Edam but spoke to Vinnie. "Get Alexis, and get these people out of here fast you can."
"What about you?" Alexis asked.
"I've got it under control, go!"
The youngest of the Biker Mice did as bidden, rounding up their refugees.
Edam marched Throttle in front of him, his hand on the mouse's shoulder and the barrel of his rifle between his shoulder blades.
Modo waited patiently for him, but he didn't feel patient at all. He felt terrified. He said one thing wrong this whole deal could go sour and both he and Throttle could end up like the dead fish lying around them.
Throttle smiled as Modo as they came down to their level. "Hey, big fella. Sorry I screwed this up."
Modo grinned back. "It was my fault. Just glad you're safe."
Edam glared at the two Mice. "Who's safe exactly? Give me my little brother."
"On three then." Modo replied.
"One...two..."
Bother captors pushed their prisoners forward. Nigel pitched into Edam, practically hysterical as Throttle stepped beside Modo.
"What happens now?" Edam asked, keeping a firm grip on both his gun and his brother.
Modo looked to Throttle.
"We're leading these people to safety. Don't follow us, and we'll call it even." the tan mouse attempted.
"I hardly call that even." Edam spat.
"We've kept our promises this far, haven't we?" Modo asked, not letting go of his weapon either. "You have no choice but to trust us in this."
"Oh I've got a choice..." Edam muttered, suddenly raising his rifle and pointing it at Vinnie who was helping along the other mice.
"EDAM NO!" Nigel cried.
Modo lifted his gun and fired on sheer instinct. Edam gasped as Modo's lazor ripped through his chest and he tumbled backwards and lay on the ground.
"EDAM!" Nigel screamed dropping down beside his brother, who's eyes had gone dull and blank.
Modo stood there a second in shock with Throttle at his side, and then turned his head as he vomited all over the ground.
Throttle grabbed hold of him and two ran as Nigel screamed and cursed them. They fled like the wind through the pass. The workers followed them blindly.
"Where do we go now?!" Alexis screamed from her place behind Vinnie on his bike.
"We get the hell out of here before they send reinforcements!" Throttle shouted back.
They hurried the exhausted mice through the pass and up the short incline that lead to open land again, only to find someone there waiting for them.
Apparently, Nigel and the remaining living guards had back-up closer at hand than the bros counted on.
"NO!" Throttle shouted as the Plutarkian troops began shooting electrified nets into the crowd. "Bros, get out of here!"
"We can't just leave them!" Modo shouted.
"It doesn't look like we have much of a choice!" Vinnie shouted.
The Mice fled for their lives, with the screams of the people they tried to help ringing in their ears.
Sign up to rate and review this story