Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > G.I.N.A.S.F.S.

Golden

by conrete_falloutangel 6 reviews

Between the sitting and the wishing I lost my mind, This is where we tangled with time. I promised you this and that promise I'll keep, And in the wake of sunrise I will let you sleep.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!] [?] [V] - Published: 2007-02-11 - Updated: 2007-02-12 - 708 words

1Moving

Silence cloaked the halls at night.
With Pete gone, it all seemed so pointless. It was like picking at a scab to make it go away, it just wasn't working for anyone especially Patrick.

He turned in bed to look at the clock, then neon letters flashed 3:50a.m. FUCK! Life was pointless without Pete around...

"how cruel is the golden rule
when the lives we lived are only golden plated"


The rain was singing a melody of, "Go back to sleep" but Patrick didn't listen. He stood on wobbly knees for the first time in almost 2 days. Scoping the room carefully in the dark for his jacket, he was going out, it was how Pete coped with his pain.

Patrick threw some clothes on and grabbed his house keys.



The Los Angeles streets were dark and full of people who gave Patrick looks of hatred. /'How did this help Pete?'/, blank lights flashed in the distance, Patrick just wanted answers.

"and i knew that the lights of the city
were too heavy for me
and though i carry karats
for everyone i see"


Then a tune caught his ears, a chorus sound, comming from down a dark street.

It was, in his state, a magnificent sight. A /church/. Patrick never stepped foot in one before, but he knew that this was the only way he could possibly get his answers.

He walked past all the dark stores with their closed signs faced out, and kept his face towards the light. He could see the gigantic stained glass windows comming into view now, they seemed to sing to him through the dark and the rain, and he was singing back to them, "I'm here".



He was hostile when he first walked through the monsterous doorways; thinking that he may not be welcomed here. There were a few people inside with their heads bowed to the amazing white statue in the front of the room. The ceilings seemed to reach to the sky and he didn't feel as cold anymore.

The rain trickling down the windows like dew on flowers; 'Pete, I wish you were here.'

Patrick made his way up the aisle to a section of pews with no one around; now, how did this praying thing work? Wasn't there something you said before you could ask? Patrick didn't care, because if God cared, it wouldn't matter.

"God, I don't know if you know who I am and all, but you took a friend from me recently..." Patrick made a face, "No, that was horrible. Whoever is listening to this, please, just give me my best friend back. I just want him to be here, because I'm lost without him. If you have any compassion at all, you'll give him back his life; I miss him." He could feel the weight of his wet hair weighing his head down. His glasses needed to be dried, as did his clothes, see what Pete leaving had done to him?

Patrick didn't care. He would do anything to bring his bestfriend back; anything at all. Patrick turned to look behind him, and the window with a somewhat faded man on it looked to him. The rain ran down his cheek as if he were crying at Patrick's loss.

"And I saw God cry in
the reflection of my enemies
and all the lovers
with no time for me
and all of the mothers
raise their babies
to stay away from me"


Patrick said, "ahmen" and left. He walked halfway back to the house before he thought he saw something...was it? No. It couldn't be. In the shadow of an alley stood a figure that seemed, for lack of a better word, Peteish. His face was dark, so Patrick couldn't tell if it was Pete; they just stood there watching eachother until the Pete figure turned and ran.

Patrick chased after him until a framiliar sign caught his eye...This was where Pete was mugged...


Silence cloaked the halls at night.
As if to say that no one was listening. It seemed to say nothing, pleas falling on def ears. As if he had waken from a startling dream, Andy shot up from his bed. He knew something wasn't quite right...
Sign up to rate and review this story