Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Slayer, The Avatar And The Guardian Of Light

CH41 - Feathers And Beaks

by GuardianOfLight 5 reviews

Harry runs into another Veela

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover, Drama, Fantasy, Romance - Characters: Fleur, Harry - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2007-02-14 - Updated: 2007-02-14 - 4162 words

5Ambiance
Chapter 41 - Feathers And Beaks

Dimension: 563 - Earth
Date: 15th August 2001 AD
Country: France - The French Riviera - Marseeleveyre Mountains
Location: Chateau Delacour
Time: Late Afternoon


Harry picked himself of the floor of the Delacour's sitting room after another horrible Floo journey.

Still wearing his Daniel guise he made his way to Fleur's room, which they were staying in that night, they were going to start using it to give them another day repeat to learn Occlumency and other things from Adam.

As he entered the room he shrugged of his robe, folded it and threw it over the back of a nearby chair, landing still folded with a skill that comes from doing it often.

He started to unbutton his shirt when he heard the door open, but the voice that followed was definitely not Fleur's

"Feathers, you won't believe what's. Oh.... Sorry." Apologised the woman who entered.

She was dressed in a blue dress that darkened and lightened to hide certain areas of her anatomy, it fell just passed her knees, but was loose enough so as to allow her legs to be revealed if she spun quickly and thin enough as not to make it too hot to wear during a French Summer.

She appeared to be about Fleur's age, with a similar build though she was slightly curvier but not so much that she was a different dress size. She was somehow familiar, though he couldn't place where he knew her from, but one thing that he was sure of was that the silvery blond hair flowing over her shoulders was a clear sign that she was part Veela, how many of them were there in France?.

"I was looking for Fleur." She continued "I didn't mean to intrude."

"Don't worry, my fault, I should have locked the door." He smiled back, still trying to place why she looked familiar.

"Well if you had I wouldn't have got to see you with your shirt open." She smiled as her shocked look turned to one of seductive.

Oh God, please not again.

It was a look that made Harry very nervous and start to backup slowly, pulling his shirt closed.

"What are you doing in Fleur's room?" she purred, shrugging her shoulder to allow a dress strap to slide off and hang against her arm.

"I'm...." he gulped "I'm Fleur's boyfriend."

"Really." She replied, smiling evily "Now why would you want to be going out with Fleur when you could be going out with me." She smiled, walking towards him before pressing him against the end of the bed, forcing her well developed chest against his.

"I'm a lot more fun." She whispered into his ear as her hand came around and grabbed his crotch through his trousers making him jump. "How about I give you a free sample?"

"Moving in on my property again Beaky." Came Fleur's voice from the doorway.

"Oh thank Merlin." He breathed, closing his eyes in relief, though not relaxing as 'Beaky' still had her hand on his crotch.

"Feathers." smiled the woman, turning to Fleur after giving him one last squeeze "Just testing out the merchandise."

The two women faced each other for several seconds before they both broke down in laughter and hugged each other giving each other a peck on the cheek.

Harry just looked on confused as the two women embraced.

After finally parting they both smiled at each other before 'Beaky' continued talking.

"How have you been, I haven't heard a word from you in weeks."

"Yes, well...." smiled Fleur, glancing at Harry "I've been rather busy."

"I can see that," grinned the newcomer "Keep this one Feathers, he barely even twitched when I pressed against him, he did even better than Bill, not even reacting when I laid hands on him, is he really as big as he feels?" she asked excitedly.

"Oh yes," beamed Fleur "Definitely."

"Sorry to interrupt," said Harry cautiously, drawing both ladies attention "But can someone explain to me what just happened?"

The two ladies exchanged a look before breaking down in laughter again at Harry's perplexed look.

"I'm sorry Harry, let me explain." Smiled Fleur, regaining her composure "My friend decided to put you through the boyfriend test."

"Boyfriend test?"

"Yes," smiled the friend "Whenever one of us would get a new boyfriend the other would give him a test to see whether they just wanted us for our looks, sex, etc, or if they really wanted to be with us for us, its one of the flaws with being naturally gorgeous."

"So far," continued Fleur "Only you have passed with a perfect mark." She smiled.

"What about Bill?" he asked curiously.

"He is currently ranked second," replied Fleur's friend "He had a bigger physical reaction but other than that he was very similar to you." She turned back to Fleur "If you ever decide you don't want him, can I have him....Please."

Fleur chuckled before turning back to Harry.

"This is Colette, my best friend; you might have seen her at the Tournament."

Thinking back Harry tried to recall some of the other Beauxbatons students, after a moments though he remembered another blond who always appeared near Fleur.

"Oh yes, I remember."

"You were at the Tournament?" Colette asked curiously, going up to Harry and giving him a peck on the cheek as opposed to a hand shake "Were you a student or a spectator?"

Harry, while trying not to blush decided to turn the situation around, taking Colette's hand and giving it a kiss.

"I was a contestant." He grinned.

She blushed for a moment before realising what he said.

"You were what!"

"He was a contestant." Repeated Fleur.

"But who....you can't be Viktor, your accent is too good and you can't possibly be...." She paused her mouth opening wide in shock "No, no you can't be....your too old....you can't be....you just can't....your having me on."

Harry drew his want and cancelled the charms, revealing his normal appearance.

"Holy Merlin in a corset!" exclaimed Colette before wobbling for a moment and passing out.

Harry's reflexes caught her before she hit the ground.

"That's the first time I have ever seen her faint." Giggled Fleur "Put her on the bed and I'll revive her, just encase she faints again."

Swinging her light form up into her arms (Harry wonder if all Veela weight nothing); he carried her over to Fleur's bed and laid her down before stepping back and allowing Fleur to revive her friend.

Colette groaned slightly before her eyes fluttered open, she looked up at Fleur questioningly.

"What just happened?"

"You passed out." Fleur smiled down at her friend, trying hard not to laugh.

"Why did I pass out?" Colette continued.

"You saw who my man really is."

Colette thought for a moment, after several seconds her eyes flew open and she sat bolt upright, her eyes flying to Harry.

"Holy...." She tried again, before pausing and turning to Fleur "Is that really him?"

"Yes."

"The Boy-Who-Lived?"

"Yes."

"The Triwizard Tournament Winner?"

"Yes!"

"The hero of the Department of Mysteries?"

"For Morgana's sake Colette, YES!"

Colette turned back to Harry.

"Errr....Hi." she said shyly.

"Hello." He replied, chuckling slightly.

"Very smooth Beaky." Smiled Fleur.

"Oh shut up Feathers, I wasn't exactly expecting to meet one of the most famous wizards alive and probably the most hunted person on the planet when I came to visit and speaking of which, what are you doing here and how come you are speaking French?"

"I learned French and Fleur rescued me from my relatives care." Harry explained.

"Rescued you?" she asked confused, swinging her legs over the edge of the bed to sit beside Fleur.

"They were abusing him, he had been beaten black and blue, he had broken rips, burned skin and was almost dead from Wizarding Flu." Fleur explained venom evident in her voice as she talked about the Dursley's treatment of her mate; she was literally shaking with anger at the thought.

"Oh Morgana!" exclaimed Colette leaning into give her friend a much needed hug.

"Thank you Beaky" smiled Fleur as she leaned back, smiling at her friend.

"Beaky?" Harry asked confused.

"Yes," smiled Colette, "I'm Beaky and Fleur is Feathers."

"Why?"

"You probably guessed that I am Veela right?"

Harry nodded

"Well, I'm half-Veela so when I transform I can not fully become a bird but I transform most of the way," explained Colette "To the point where I develop a beak, whereas Fleur is only quarter-Veela so she can't form a beak but does get the wings and the feathers, hence the names."

Harry nodded his understanding before turning to Fleur.

"I've just realised, I've never actually seen you transformed."

"You wouldn't want to." whispered Fleur, her head down, trying to avoid the conversation.

"Why not?" asked Harry kneeling down in front of her.

"You wouldn't want to see me looking like that." She explained.

Harry reached forward and took Fleur's hand.

"Please Fleur." He asked, looking deep into her eyes, opening up the link so she could feel his want to get to know every part of her.

"Come on Feathers," added Colette, though her voice was noticeably deeper and harder "I keep telling you not to hide that part of yourself and how many of your boyfriends have actually wanted to see your Veela form."

Harry turned to her briefly, trying to figure out why her voice suddenly sounded different, as he saw her he nearly fell over in shock.

Standing before him was not the young woman he had just been talking to but what can only be described as a giant bird.

Out of her back a pair of grey wings had sprouted, her hands and feet had turned to talons, her hair and skin turned into grey and white feathers and her nose and mouth had melded to form a beak, she was not completely bird, her features were still vaguely human, but were definitely more avian than human.

"That is why I don't want to transform." Whispered Fleur quietly as Harry regained his balance after the shock of seeing her friend's current appearance.

"I was just surprised Fleur, she is still Colette underneath....Please Fleur." He asked again, lifting her chin up with his hand.

Fleur took a breath before closing her eyes.

Harry watched fascinated as the light hairs on her arms lengthened, turning into grey feathers, her fingers lengthened as her nails became talons, her dress disappeared through some unknown magic as a pair of wings grew out of her back, extending out at least three meters before she brought them around trying to conceal herself from her mate.

Harry sighed before leaning forward to use most of his strength to pull open her wings, fighting against the powerful new muscles holding them in place, preventing him from seeing her body.

Her appearance was similar to that of Colette though the changes were not as great, her wings where slightly smaller, her hands still kept the human bone structure while Colette's fingers had spread and the angle to which they met the hand had altered to allow her to better grip any prey, Fleur's body also had a thinner coating of feathers over her, the white feathers over her front in particular were very fine while Colette had a thick layer over her entire form.

Harry leaned forward and took Fleur's feathered face in his hands and brought her eyes up to meet his allowing him to see her face, it was covered in very fine feathers which almost appeared as though it was fur, her pupils had turned yellow with a large black centre and her features had hardened as her eyebrows and the top of her nose had become more prominent, beginning to arrange themselves to support a beak.

Her eyes looked fearful, not wanting him to see her like this.

"Why were you afraid to show me this?" he asked gently.

"Because I'm not pretty, people are scared of me when I'm like this, they stare and don't talk to me, they treat me like an animal, not daring to come near me encase I attack them....I thought you'd be repulsed by me."

Harry smiled kindly.

"You are still you Fleur, you are still the woman who saved my life, you are still the woman who brought me back to health, you are still the woman who entered my mind and saved me from myself and you are still the woman that I fell in love with."

Tears of happiness began to fall down her cheeks as Harry brought her face to his, kissing her, feeling the soft feathers against his skin.

"And you are still beautiful Fleur."

Fleur couldn't hold herself back any longer; she threw herself at him, hugging him as if her life depended on it, wrapping both her arms and wings around him.

"I love you Harry, I love you so much."

Harry just held her to him, letting her emotions run their course.

Eventually, Harry felt the feathers turn back to skin; her talons becoming fingernails and her facial bones shift back to their original shape.

He pulled back slowly and looked into her smiling face.

"Thank you Arry." She beamed "I've never felt beautiful when I look like that....not until now."

They remained staring into each others eyes until they heard a sniffle to their left.

Looking up they saw their now human Colette with a handkerchief in her hand dapping at her eyes.

"That was beautiful." She beamed at them.

"Don't go getting sappy on us." Smiled Fleur as they got to their feet "Now, what brought you here in the first place?"

"What....oh yes. You'll never believe this, I got this letter." She said excitedly, pulling a white envelope out of a forbidden area of her dress making Harry overt his eyes "It's from Albus Dumbledore of Hogwarts, he's...."

"Offering you a job." Harry and Fleur finished.

They all looked around at each other in shock.

"You too?" they all exclaimed at once.

Fleur pulled a letter out of her dress while Harry summoned his own letter which had arrived during his meeting with Olympe.

"How can you have a letter?" asked Colette looking at Harry "You're still a student."

"I've been teaching at Beauxbatons all summer." He replied with a sly smile.

Comprehension dawned on Colette's face as she worked something out.

"You're Professor Radcliffe!" she exclaimed.

"How did you know that?" he asked.

"My sister told my mother and I found out from there."

Fleur watched Harry intently, waiting for him to connect the last pieces of the puzzle.

Precisely on queue Harry's eyes flew open and he jumped back about a foot, tripping over one of the chairs, sending him tumbling to the floor.

"You're Colleen's sister!" he exclaimed, jumping to his feet and unconsciously reaching for his wand.

Colette rolled her eyes.

"I take it that means that my sister has already tried to seduce you?" she sighed.

"Not just your sister," smiled Fleur "The 'Nets' tried at the same time, I arrived in time to see them battling over Arry while Violette had him pinned to the floor."

Colette laughed loudly.

"Wow, I wish I had seen that, it must have been hilarious."

"It was terrifying." Commented Harry, regaining his composure, trying to keep what little dignity he had left.

"I promise you Harry I will not try to seduce you while you are with Fleur." She smiled, drawing a cross over her heart with her finger.

"Anyway," interrupted Fleur "Getting back to the point, what position were you offered at Hogwarts?"

Harry looked down at the letter in his hands.

"According to this my job title is," read Harry "Duelling Master."

"Wow, I don't think Hogwarts has had one of those for centuries." Exclaimed Colette, "What were you offered Fleur?"

"History Of Magic," she read, turning to Harry "Wasn't there a ghost teaching that subject?"

"Professor Binns yes, it's about time he retired, his lessons could literally bore you to death."

"According to this he's not, I will be teaching the History of Magical Creatures: Veela, Goblins and the like, and how they interacted with the Wizarding world, while he will continue to teach Wizarding history."

"That should certainly make the students pay attention in class," grinned Colette "Especially the male ones."

Harry growled at the comment.

Fleur smiled "Don't worry Harry, its ok for them to look....after all, you are the only one who gets to touch." She emphasised her point by running her hand down his chest, causing Harry to moan quietly, earning grins from both the ladies.

"Anyway," smiled Fleur "What job were you offered Beaky?"

"According to this I will be teaching Alternative Magic." She read.

"Alternative Magic?" asked Harry confused.

"Yes, the abilities of Magical creatures and other types of Wizarding Magic that are not used in Europe, I tend to travel a lot and I have seen how different cultures both modern and historic use magic."

"That should be an interesting subject."

"Just try not to bring too much politics and law into it Beaky." Added Fleur.

"Politics and law?" asked Harry confused.

"Colette's father is another member of the Council Of Power," explained Fleur "He is an elected individual who also happens to be a very clever businessman."

"He runs several clothing shops in Europe," contributed Colette "But he also has a keen liking for politics, history and law."

"A liking he unfortunately passed along to Colette, she can literally talk you ear off when she starts talking politics, that is if you can get her to put a book down."

"Hey!" exclaimed Colette.

"What do you mean 'hey', its true isn't it?"

"Well maybe so, but you didn't have to say it." She complained, her smile not quite enforcing the 'I'm hurt' look as much as it should have been.

"Anyway, regardless of that," continued Fleur "Are we going to be accepting these jobs?"

"I will be," replied Harry immediately "That way I will have some leverage with our dear Headmaster."

"I will too," smiled Colette "I like the idea of teaching one of my hobbies at probably the most famous Wizarding School in the world."

"Likewise," smiled Fleur "That way I can be near Harry as often as possible, it will save a lot of problems that could develop if we are separated for to long."

"Merlin's tonsils!" exclaimed Colette, her hands flying to her mouth in shock "Your mated aren't you!"

Harry and Fleur exchanged a look before nodding to the shocked woman.

"Why on earth didn't you tell me!" she exclaimed.

"Well, I am supposed to be in hiding." Replied Harry.

"Yes but still, Fleur knows she can trust me," she looked to her friend "You could always tell me anything."

Fleur looked down before walking over to her friend "I'm sorry Beaky, I have just been so busy and all I guess I....I forgot."

Colette looked at her for a second before smiling and embracing her.

"I forgive you Feathers; just don't let it happen again." She smiled moving back to sit on the bed "Now spill."

Fleur smiled before moving over next to her friend, while Harry followed and sat in the chair beside the bed.

"What have you been up to?" asked Colette.

"Other than the mating?" asked Fleur.

"Yes, other than the mating, I'm going to want you to give me a full explanation about that later, but now I want you to explain why you seem to have developed some muscles?"

"Why do you say that?" asked Fleur looking at her arms, not noticing any difference.

"Firstly when I hugged you earlier your muscles were so hard I felt like I was trying to squeeze through stone and secondly when you hugged me back I almost felt my ribs crack."

"Oh....Sorry." replied Fleur sheepishly.

"I will forgive you when I receive an explanation."

"Ok," smiled Fleur "Well, when Harry arrived we offered to train him and I wasn't about to let him do it alone so I trained with him, we've been using a Time Turner to allow us to learn as much as possible over the summer, we have been doing between six to eight repeats of everyday for the last two weeks."

"Six to eight!" exclaimed Colette "That means what....you've been together for around.... one hundred days!"

"Sounds about right." Nodded Harry.

"No wonder you seem so comfortable around each other."

The conversation continued with Fleur explaining to Colette about the Delacour's backing Harry and everything that had happened since; over half an hour later Harry decided that he needed a break. Going to get a drink he left the women to have a 'girly chat' in his absence.

Heading downstairs he walked into the Sitting Room where Delphine was going over a stack of papers.

"Good day Harry?" she asked.

"Interesting would probably be the best word to describe it....I had a little run in with Dumbledore today."

"What!" she exclaimed "What happened?"

"He offered me a job."

Delphine sat looking at him for several seconds before flatly saying;

"Can you repeat that please?"

"He offered me a job at Hogwarts."

She remained in the same position for several more seconds before bursting out laughing.

Harry arched an eyebrow and crossed his arms, waiting for her to finish, but his expression only seemed to amuse her further.

Why does everyone find the idea so amusing?

"I'm sorry Harry," she gasped, straightening her robes "I just like the thought of how much trouble you could cause for that old man if you became a Professor."

"Olympe said the same."

"I take it that he did not recognise you." She said, gesturing to the other chair.

"No, or if he did he didn't show any signs of noticing."

"Good to see that you're acting skills are up to scratch," she smiled "When do you plan on telling him?"

"No idea," he shrugged "But I am going to enjoy the moment when I do."

"Yes, it should be very entertaining," she grinned "Anything else happen today?"

"Isn't that enough?" he asked with a smile.

"Normally yes, but this is the first time I have seen you come back from Beauxbatons and still be wearing your work clothes almost an hour afterwards."

Harry nodded his understanding.

"I had a run in with another Veela." He smiled.

"Any particular Veela?" she asked with a smile.

"Colette."

"Oh my," she laughed "That must have been entertaining. Did she put you through the boyfriend test?"

"Yes." He nodded, trying not to think about the event itself.

"How did you do?" she asked leaning forward in interest.

"Apparently I beat Bill."

"I'm not surprised," she smiled, leaning back "The mating may have helped you there, but knowing you as I do you probably would have beat him anyway. What else happened?"

"Fleur showed me why Colette gave her the nickname Feathers."

Delphine suddenly sat straighter, her amusement changing to shock.

"She transformed for you?" she asked not quite believing what she had heard "It's almost impossible to get her to do that, how did you manage it?"

"I told her repeatedly that I wanted to get to know every part of her."

"And what did you think?"

"I told her that I still loved her, that it was still her under the surface and that she was still beautiful."

Harry was surprised moments later when Delphine dropped to her knees in front of him and pulled him into a bone crushing hug.

"Harry, you never cease to amaze me, Fleur really made a good choice for her mate."

"Yes I did." Agreed Fleur from the doorway as she and Colette walked in.

"Have you told Fleur yet?" Delphine asked.

"I didn't need to; she was offered a job as well, as was Colette."

"Really?" the older blond asked leaning back onto her heels "Have you decided on what are you going to do?"

"Yes, we're going to accept," nodded Fleur "But first we need to sort out our contracts, we need to make sure that Dumbledore can't try to get rid of either Arry or myself when he finds out about our relationship."

"That should be easy," smiled Harry reaching into his pocket "Olympe lent me this."

He withdrew a book and enlarged it to its normal size. The title read:

Hogwarts Rules And Regulations

"Dumbledore sent a draft copy of our contracts with our letters; we just need to check that the book and the contracts cover all possible possibilities and we will be home and dry."

"Have you had a chance to look through that yet?" asked Colette.

"No, but Olympe looked through the contract and thinks its sound but I just want to double check."

"Well everyone." Smiled Collette "It looks like we're going back to school."
Sign up to rate and review this story