Categories > Anime/Manga > Gundam Wing > Akuryou

First Contact

by Lachesis 1 review

Welcome to Domino Hell Sc- er, High School.

Category: Gundam Wing - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover, Fantasy, Humor, Romance - Characters: Duo, Heero - Warnings: [!!] [V] - Published: 2007-02-16 - Updated: 2007-02-17 - 1187 words

1Exciting
-=-=-=-

Today was not going to be a good day, Ryou thought, gazing at the place of torture known as Domino High. Sighing, he looked down at the unaccustomed weight of the Ring on his chest. Kon had been unable to get all of them into the same classes, and Bakura had refused to let him out of the house unprotected, his reasoning being that at least he could defend himself without shadow magic. Luckily, Kon had managed to pair up Ryou and Yugi, letting Yami take the Puzzle without endangering his hikari.

"Back into the pits of Hell," Bakura murmured beside him. "Remind me again why I'm going back to high school after managing to escape once?"

Ryou snickered. "Because Isis yelled at you?"

"..."

"Cheer up, tombrobber. At least you won't be bored to death alone."

"That's... actually rather comforting, pharaoh. I'll make sure to come to your funeral."

"Come spit on my grave, you mean."

"Same thing."

"That's enough, from both of you," Isis chided from the driver's seat. "It's not that bad."

"So speaks the one who isn't destined to be tortured," Yami muttered under his breath.

His lips twitching, Ryou returned to his contemplation of their impending doom. Standing at four stories and built of red brick, the school was an imposing place, one that had undoubtedly scared many generations of students to death.

All too soon, their car pulled into the parking lot, and they were forced to leave its safe confines, though not without a threat from Isis to force-feed Yugi sugar and caffeine, and lock them in a room with the results.

A look of resignation on his face, Yami turned towards the school. "Well, let's get this over with."

-=-=-=-

Duo slumped farther into his seat, bleary-eyed and yawning. There hadn't been time for his daily caffeine fix after nearly sleeping through his alarm, so Duo was...not at his best.

The lack of coffee had been compounded by Mr. Perfect Soldier marching him to school, insisting that he be on time, for once, so you could say that Duo was, in fact, pissed.

Thankfully, his sentiments seemed to be shared by the boy sitting at the desk next to him. Duo was heartened to see someone with hair nearly as long as his own, even if it was an almost iridescent white. The boy was glaring at the rather... chipper teacher as though similarly attempting to squash a homicidal impulse.

He returned his attention before him as the bell rang, groaning mentally as the teacher practically bounced to the front of the classroom.

"Good morning, class! My name is Hakuchi Shikomu, and I'd like to welcome you to Advanced Chemistry!"

"Good morning, Hakuchi-sensei," the rest of the class replied. Duo growled. That was it, someone was /dead/. Now he just had to decide who.

/I get dibs on the teacher. I'm the only one allowed to be that hyper./

Finally decided to wake up, have you? Duo snarled.

Shin blinked. /Jeez, what's with you? The Pink Menace show up again?/

No coffee.

/Ouch./ His sympathetic wince made Duo feel a bit better. Not much, but a little.

-=-=-=-

Skin tearing. Spines popping. Screams gurgling as they drowned in blood.

These were the thoughts running through a certain Yami Bakura's mind as he watched the soon-to-be-dismembered teacher prance around the classroom.

A half-stifled growl drew his attention to the boy sitting next door. The yami almost smiled. Judging by the look on the boy's face and the way his hands were trying to strangle his waist-length braid, Bakura wasn't alone in his murderous intentions.

[[Hikari, dear, would you mind terribly if I knifed my teacher? I think I might even have found an accomplice for the deed.]]

"Okay, class, before we do anything else, we're going to head into the lab and find out what you all know about chemistry! Let's get to it!"

Hmmm... [[Never mind.]]

-=-=-=-

Ryou and Yugi trudged into the classroom and sagged into a pair of convenient desks. Not only had their first class been on the opposite side from the parking lot, it was on the third floor, with the nearest elevator taped off and posted with an "out of order" sign. There hadn't been time to find another one, so the two hikaris had been left with no choice but to take the stairs.

Fortunately, no one seemed to notice their breathlessness, or at least no one cared. The two were allowed to regain their dignity in peace until the bell rang.

Five minutes later, they were still waiting for the teacher to show when Ryou suddenly stiffened.

"Hey, Yugi? What do you do when your yami says something worrying?"

Yugi blinked. "Worry." Ryou glared at him.

His glare faltered as Yugi's eyes went past him and widened.

"Yugi?"

He glanced at Ryou. "Don't look now, but I think we've got another Kaiba-kun."

Of course, when someone is told to not look, they always look, so Ryou turned and stared at the boy sitting a few desks away.

Yugi was right, it was almost like déjà vu, watching him. He had the same messy brown hair, the laptop in its place at his side. He sat staring straight forward, until he seemed to feel their eyes on him and twisted around, revealing icy blue eyes that made Ryou's earlier glare seem no more menacing than a smack with a down-filled pillow.

Yugi and Ryou stopped staring rather quickly.

Breathing a sigh of relief when he turned back around, the two hikaris shuddered and looked at each other.

"That was... scary."

Ryou nodded. "Yeah."

Yugi frowned as a thought occurred to him. "Hey, Ryou, didn't Isis say that whoever has the Rod had blue eyes?"

Ryou nodded again.

"Do you think... he's definitely scary enough. Maybe..."

"Maybe."

-=-=-=-

Like every other science lab in the world, the one possessed by Domino High was full of sterile white tables and cold metal stools, the kind that made your ass fall asleep within minutes of sitting down.

Duo wasn't paying attention to any of this, however. Having finished making all of the compounds the teacher had given them, he was too busy trying to remember the chemical formula for nitroglycerin.

At a table nearby, Bakura was having a similar problem, though his was that he was having trouble recalling a specific poison that he had used on his knives.

Sighing in defeat, he looked around at his classmates, pausing as he saw the 'project' of the braided boy he had noticed earlier. It appeared to be...high explosives.

After waiting a moment for his jaw to resume its normal position, Bakura leaned over and tapped the boy on the shoulder.

"Is that what I think it is?" He gestured towards the flask on the table. "HE, I mean?"

The longhaired teen nodded warily.

Bakura grinned. "Mind if I help?"

In response, the other simply moved his stool to the side, grinning in return.

-=-=-=-

Author's Note: All future chapters are dedicated to MegumiMuse, for reminding me I still hadn't revised and posted everything on this site. And for the plushie.
Sign up to rate and review this story